[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nostalgia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: 122408784_3d50fb7355_o.jpg (24 KB, 400x187) Image search: [Google]
122408784_3d50fb7355_o.jpg
24 KB, 400x187
Tell me about things that make you nostalgic.

Feel free to post appropriate music.
>>
File: 02cbc9b1.jpg (69 KB, 495x500) Image search: [Google]
02cbc9b1.jpg
69 KB, 495x500
This album. First one I ever went of my way to listen to. Don't know why I chose this one specifically, but I did, and I fucking loved it.

Also, childhood games. I've been playing my gamecube a lot lately. Beat Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, played a bit of Kirby Air Ride, played Turok with my brother, went through and unlocked everything in Smash again... It's been fun.

I think I'm developing some sort of fetish for mid-to-early 3d water graphics.
>>
>>28202067
I loved my GameCube. Me and my brother would play City Trial in Kirby Air Ride a lot. I'm particularly nostalgic about Wind Waker, Melee, and Metal Arms: Glitch in the System.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR8WWFzrZAg really gets to me. My family had broadcast television and I would watch Fox's animation block from 5 to 7 almost daily. Two episodes of the Simpsons, King of the Hill, and Malcolm in the Middle.
>>
I like watching cartoons and self inserting into them. It reminds me when I was a miserable kid and just wanted to escape into a happy and bright world where nothing could ever hurt me.
>>
I remember I beat the shit out of this girl with a lead pipe because her and her twin sister tried intruding on my games. Rememberig her face when I smashed her puss with the pipe and seeing her limp home makes me smirk to this day.

Also that one time me and a friend prentended to go out with our imaginary girlfriends. We played on the abandoned motor boats near my house, pretending to hold them as we sped up and hit the waves and even holding them as they rested on our chests after they fell asleep from the big dinner.
>>
>>28202360
never happened edgefag
>>
>>28202396
That guy is either schizophrenic or shitposting, try to make coherent sense of the second paragraph
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEJpmDUMKco
song related
>>
>>28202396
But it did, in hindsight I hurt a lot of hirls as a kid.

I remember once during recess I was in the wooded area of the playground playing with rocks. After hearing my crush's name being called during red rover I thought, "how crazy would it be if I hit her from here" so I chucked the rock and actually hit ger sqare in the neck. I ran like a madman upon realizing what I just did and they never caught me.
>>
>>28202503
let me repeat since it's late and you must be tired

never happened edgefag
>>
>>28202446
Good album desutachi
>>
>>28202513
Why not ? I was on mobile I'm awful at typing out coherent thoughts on there.

>8 years old
>every time I bike past this kids house he calls me a ''faggot'' or ''retard''
>decide that one day I've had enough
>park my bike on his lawn and confront him
>get in each others faces and begin shoving each other
>out of nowhere his hot 15 year old sister comes out and begins yelling at me
>''you'd better get out of here unless you want him to kick your ass, little kid get the hell out of here !''
>the other kid begins talking shit as well
>''she's right you know, get out of here''
>punch him in the mouth mid sentence then shove him to the ground
>big sis immediately gets in my face and begins yelling at me even more
>ball my fists up and tell her to shut up
>''hit me ! hit me and see what happens you little shit !''
>snap and punch her as hard as I can in the stomach
>before I can even pull my fist back the little bro spears me into a rock
>scrap with him on the ground for a minute before making it to my bike and going back home
>>
>>28201944
I've lost so much, so fucking much I can never get back. Don't waste your time robots, every day you don't enjoy to the fullest will never come back to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mapzMg3SjJE
>>
>>28202702
Even if it did (which it didn't) no one cares. Go die in a ditch.
>>
>>28202800
>no one cares. Go die in a ditch
Second sentence suggests you care a lot.
>>
File: runescape.jpg (63 KB, 791x527) Image search: [Google]
runescape.jpg
63 KB, 791x527
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3YxgBrnorI
>>
>>28202800
Sorry, I was just being nostalgic and reminiscing about the times I physically hurt girls
>>
>>28202845
>tfw never played Runescape
I've never been too big into rpgs and stuff like that and I didn't even had internet at home back when it was truly popular but most people on 4chan seem to have very fond memories of it. Did I miss much?
>>
>>28202845
I remember my first exposure to runescape was this kid next to me playing it in summer school in 2004. He got the entire summer school class hooked on it. His name was ''JaketheSnake25''. I wonder what that kid is doing nowadays
>>
>>28202881
Yes, but if you tried it now it wouldn't be the same a if you had played it before, it would just be a shitty rpg to you now
>>
I used to wake up early with my brother and sister and do a puzzle every damn morning before my parents got up. There was this one where there were a bunch of cars on a road going around a lake, and of course they were animated for kids.

Does anyone else remember feels they used to have they just don't experience anymore? Like they went extinct, I can describe this particular one as a sort of hopeful sublime feeling
>>
>>28202881
I have the same experience with WoW. During the golden years I was playing runescape like an idiot
>>
>>28201944
>lonely faggot in elementary school with no real friends
>only friends were video games and VHS tapes of my favorite cartoons
>Pokemon tape is about to end
>this fucking trailer plays
https://youtu.be/iYZuJZ7R3mw
Never watched Ranma until middle school where I binged the whole series
Also nostalgic for me is just having Super Smash Bros idle on the menu screen
https://youtu.be/AYSOyVblIOE
>>
>>28202938
>tfw I got pressured by the neighborhood bully to let him borrow my copy of SSB and he moved away a few days later.
>>
>>28201944
I noticed I'm most nostalgic for things that I associate with a lack of anxiety; middle school, vacations, the music I listened to then, my depression kicked in freshman year of high school and has been making my life shittier and meaningless ever since.s
>>
This song hits me pretty hard for some reason. It was somewhat popular in my country in the 90s and I guess the general feel of it just reminds me of those days. The singer was a qt too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGgA0rNMThI
>>
File: 1453372065314.jpg (287 KB, 1089x1077) Image search: [Google]
1453372065314.jpg
287 KB, 1089x1077
Funny, some tracks in MapleStory make me feel nostalgic even though I heard them when I was in college years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZU9GhQFaAg
Then this from Kirby's Dreamland. Remember playing it on my red brick Gameboy long ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lj1aw4J8ZA
>>
>go to summer camp from age 9 to 16
>made some of my favorite friends there
>every time the last day came they played https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwnoNVOj1Fs four or five times
I wish I kept in touch with those people.
>>
>>28203042
Lovely song, I hadn't heard it before.
>>
File: 1460397314082.png (715 KB, 1024x838) Image search: [Google]
1460397314082.png
715 KB, 1024x838
>>28202965
Sucks dick anon, back in middle school o had kids sell me N64 games when they were getting less popular, and a kid gave me Pokemon Snap and GoldenEye for free. During the last days of middle school he came up to me after have not speaking since the first year of middle school and begged me to give him back Goldeneye despite him saying I should keep it and I never did give it back.
Feels good.
>>
>>28203222
Proof that anime posters are Chads and don't belong on /r9k/
>>
4chan makes me more nostalgic than anything. I hope the archives are never lost, I enjoy looking at old posts more than making new ones.
>>
>>28203301
Who said I was Chad?
I'm far from Chad amigo, just an asshole who took priority to get as many N64 games before they rose in price immensely.
HE gave me GoldenEye.
He didn't ask for me to pay.
Last days of school he wants it back?
Fuck him, it was mine fair and square.
>>
>>28203222
>friend whose fucked me over too many times to count gets a new wrestling game on N64
>beg him to let me borrow it but he refuses
>beg him to trade for it but he refuses
>lightbulb.gif
>run to my house and to grab something then go back to his place
>"dude if you trade the game Ill give you this AOL CD. Its make your computer 10 times faster and youll be able to get so many cheat codes that the scroll bar will be the size of your pinky !"
>"woah, no way dude. Are you serious ?"
>"yea !"
>go hone and enjoy my new game
>next day he's at my door and I know why
>hide the game really well before answering the door
>"dude I want my freakin game back"
>"I dont have it man, I must have forgotten to grab it from your place when I left"
>"let me check"
>let him check my room from top to bottom
>finds nothing amd leaves
>go to grab it but I hid it so well that I find nothing
>when we nove out 3 years later still never find the game

I know my friend couldn't have foubd it since he kept bitching about nit having it for the next 2 weeks
>>
>>28203619
Which wrestling game?
>>
File: Z0055881.jpg (90 KB, 1023x700) Image search: [Google]
Z0055881.jpg
90 KB, 1023x700
>>28203847
Pretty sure it was Attitude, I remember the sticker on the cartridge being red
>>
>>28203959
Oh, well it's not like you lost out much, Attitude is probably my least favorite of the N64 wrestling games.
>>
>>28203981
Yea, I wasn't too impressed with the little I played. My favorite ones are still No Mercy and War Zone, I also have fond memories of playing Wrestlemania 2000 when I was a kid around Thanksgiving time. Which ones are your favorites ?
>>
>>28203959
>Not WWF no mercy

shame.
>>
>>28204079
No Mercy and WCW NWO Revenge
>That intro for revenge
Never ceases to make me go nuts and laugh like an idiot
https://youtu.be/88XnUHAX5-o
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH4islqoA8o

Watching this film as a child.
>>
File: 1447118294606.png (479 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1447118294606.png
479 KB, 500x492
>>28204126
Kek, I wish things nowadays could be this goofy/ badass
>>
File: 1459899169015.gif (2 MB, 340x238) Image search: [Google]
1459899169015.gif
2 MB, 340x238
>>28204274
You and me both
Original toast donutsteel
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.