[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else think there's an INSANE difficulty spike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 16
File: 1458244771073.png (157 KB, 272x274) Image search: [Google]
1458244771073.png
157 KB, 272x274
Does anyone else think there's an INSANE difficulty spike in today's society?

>Preschool through 12th grade is easy as piss
>Can graduate highschool even as a dopey stoner
>Can get into college even easier if you're a nigger
>Undergrad classes are OK for the most part, some are so easy you don't even have to do the readings or go to class (liberal arts classes) while other classes you actually have to do stuff sometimes (EE)
>Graduate college
BOOM!
>HOLY FUCK SHIT YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO WRITE FUCKING SHAKESPEARE LEVEL ULTRA MEGA PROSE TO EVEN GET CONSIDERED FOR WRITING ANYTHING
>YOU WANT TO BE A JANITOR? LET ME SEE YOUR 1,000 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
>DEVELOPING VIDEO GAMES ACTUALLY TAKES INTELLIGENCE, NOT "IDEAS"
>"PIECE OF SHIT!" "WELL FUCK YOU I GOT MINE!" MOTHER FUCKING NIGGERS!"

What happens when you leave school? Shit goes from 0 to 100 FAST and everyone starts throwing shit at you. Suddenly it's a fucking deathmatch, but instead of physically fighting each other for food and shelter, you're engaged in psychological warfare with your fellow man doing busy work. This shit is so gay and I'm not sure why you wouldn't just kill yourself after undergrad with every human incarnation (unless you're exceptionally talented) because if you're average (you probably are) then there's no use for you in this strange-ass not post-scarcity but sort of post-scarcity world.
>>
>>28198455
Idk Anon, I had a hard time in high school. Took a lot of AP Classes. Hopefully it pays off in college and I will save money
>>
>>28198455

Yeah, it's crazy.
I finished school with a university-entrance diploma despite having chronic pain and therefore depression. I wanted to die, didn't really study for my tests and still made it.

Well, and now I'm in the situation you described.
>>
>>28198455

I graduated university in 2010; and things were on a bad downhill slide even then. At least for the US, I don't see why anyone without wealthy parents should attend. Knowing what I know now, I'd have gone through the military and gotten them to pay for nursing school.

Debt is slavery. Do everything you can to minimize it.
>>
>graduated with a BS in math to deliver pizza and be a substitute teacher

i'm even worse off than the average pizza delivery guy because i am in too much debt to even move out of my parents' house

what the fuck man i even did undergrad research
>>
>29 britbong
>23 years in education, stayed the full 6 years in high school
>two degrees, one shit tier, other STEM, 2.2 and 2.1 respectively for usafags 2.2 is employable sometimes, 2.1 is very employable and 1st is the best you can get
>4 months of actual work experience in a call center 6 years ago
>cant get hired in my chosen industry
>cant even get hired in a fucking call center anymore, failed job interview the other day

Yeah the difficulty curve is pretty steep these days.
>>
>>28198636
Fuck school man.

Seriously. Unless
>You are actually fucking smart and have a fucking quantifiable talent. No, getting all A's in highschool does not mean you are smart. Fucking engineering your own OS at 18 and being very successful at competitive Dota means you're smart and have shit fucking going for you
>You come from a well-off family and can slip into a cushy $50k cubicle job hot out of college because of muh nepotism

If you're aren't any of those, just fuck off like the rest of us into a job that pays somewhere between $15,000-$35,000/yr and drown yourself in drugs and media to forget you exist.
>>
File: 14.jpg (177 KB, 343x432) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
177 KB, 343x432
>>28198752
What kind of drugs are we talking about here?
>>
File: 1461767062138.png (854 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1461767062138.png
854 KB, 720x720
>>28198752
>being very successful at competitive Dota means you're smart
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
no, what happened is the earlier parts were made too easy, not just becuase of curriculum being dumber but mostly because of the internet letting people get by without actually learning anything
>>
>>28198904
Mobafags can't think properly.
>>
Pretty much every book is free on the Internet. Teach yourself to program or something.
>>
kindergarten though college:
>the only way to fail is to drop out

post-college:
>the only winning move is not to play
>>
>>28198904
It actually does, if your good at mobas your probably are pretty smart
>>
File: 1449883051032.jpg (21 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1449883051032.jpg
21 KB, 306x306
>>28199153
The end of the line on mobas is basically advanced rock paper scissors and you don't learn anything while playing besides game mechanics
>>
>>28199180
there are huge differences in skill in mobas, it reflects the differences in people's natural ability.
>>
you can mostly blame over population for this

too many people that are all competing for the same bullshit.
>>
>>28199254
Videogame addicts are really sad.
>>
>work hard in high school
>go to an ivy league college
>study computer science
>get a job at big company if you're smart, startup otherwise
>starting salary $90k/year
>>
>>28199291
maybe smart is the wrong word, I'm talking about natural ability, someone can be of average intelligence but still do well by working hard while someone can be more intelligent but have no work ethic
>>
I found middle and high school to be extremely difficult socially and, for that matter, academically; not because the work was difficult, but because I couldn't motivate myself to do it. I found college a lot easier, ditto grad school. Getting a job wasn't hard either.

It really depends on what sort of work you are looking for. Some work is in high demand and some work isn't. If you want 'easy mode' in the sense of finding a job, learn to program. Software developers are in huge demand and are very well-paid. If you want a career in the arts, well, you better be rich or have a sugar daddy/momma.
>>
I myself never went to university, but I have some friends that are still in and they all say it's hell.

All they talk about is how much work it is, and how they rarely have time to socialize or party or whatnot because all they do is homework.

I though college was supposed to be the "best days of your life" and it was all parties and going to bars and trips to the lake blah blah blah. Can collegefags shed some light on this?
>>
>>28199328
I haven't read anything except the first post in this thread. You can get CS jobs with average intelligence (yeah you'll need work ethic). Without work ethic, you don't really deserve much. You're not doing putting work into your team/company/whatever or yourself.The most talented athletes, intellectuals, etc. aren't just naturals. They recognized what they liked and were good at early on, then worked their asses off.
>>
File: burnetts vodka.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
burnetts vodka.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
>>28199403
You party hard because you want to forget about how much you work.

For example, I have a music paper due tomorrow, but I don't have any parties to go to, so I drink alone and go on 4chan.

I also know a lot about memes and got cucked by my girlfriends rapist. AMA
>>
>>28199478
music paper about what? theory?
>>
>>28198528
I took lots of AP classes in high school and I can confirm it will save you money and time.

I graduate a semester early from Engineering.
>>
>>28199403
They're only telling half truths, you see college work varies on the time of the year combined with individual conviction. If your normie friends are all tryhards aiming for 4.0 GPA then yeah, college is a load of shite. However if you're like me who aims in between 2 to 3 GPA then you have tonnes of time to do what you want.

I hope that helped answer your question.
>>
>>28199403
It really depends on a variety of factors. I personally found college work to be rather minimal; I mean, sure, I spent time doing homework, but I had a ton of free time to fuck around and hang out with my friends. Grad school was the same. I was a computer science / math double major in undergrad with a linguistics minor, and I later got a PhD in math. But I had colleagues who were doing the same classes as I was and spending a ton more time at them. I guess I just had an easier time with it. I think the idea of natural ability or intelligence is rather overblown in Western society. The main thing I attribute to it is that I had more free time than some of my colleagues, while gaining the same amount of knowledge in the end.

Rambling aside... college can be great if you are not swamped with work (as a function of your scholastic ability and/or your choice of majors and/or your college itself). Even if you are swamped with work, it can be a great learning experience. College works well for some people and not so well for other people.
>>
>>28199403
It depends on your major. English and sociology, for example, are pretty easy. A STEM major will be a lot of work because of the endless problem-set-a-week/one-or-several-midterms/final exam cycle. I've got to say it feels sooo tedious as a senior and I'm glad it's ending soon. But I had more energy back in the day and was excited to learn new things. I haven't made as many friends as I would have wanted. If I could travel back in time I would have picked better student clubs n shit to join, because that's how many friend groups form here.
>>
>>28199497
Bach's Matthauspassion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm1os4VzTgA&loop=1000000&start=10:20&end=10:34

This section here. It's arguably theory, but my paper as it looks right now is mostly bullshit. You can read it if you want.
>>
>>28198528
Dis. Engineering school is a bitch too, but if engineers are at all like engineering students, my career will be marked with friendly cooperation rather than brutish, primitive, unproductive competition.
>>
>>28199478
tell us the story dude
>>
>>28199505
Is it worth taking classes like Physics C, Calculus and Chemistry again in college? I took the Chemistry Exam and passed but am doing Chem Engineering in college
>>
>>28199153
>>28199254
So you're just naturally retarded and fuck up basic grammar while trying to act superior?
>>
File: bruce-willis-looper.jpg (67 KB, 450x276) Image search: [Google]
bruce-willis-looper.jpg
67 KB, 450x276
>requires X years experience in X field
>still apply anyway
>get job
>have not used the X skill that was required for X # amount of years after a month not once
>>
>>28199549
the link didn't do it, but from the url i'm assuming it's the section from 10:20 to 10:34?

so basically you have to do what? analyze it and explain the chords/voice leading and stuff like that?
>>
>>28199403
The workload is only hell if you're fucking retarded.

Like, if you're in the fucking 4th grade the work can get overwhelming.

Just, motherfucking, split the work up. Do like an hour or two of HW and studying everyday. Easy.

I graduate next semester and have been using this strategy since freshman year. I usually end up with way too much time on my hands because if I have a 10 page essay due I'll start 10 days out writing 1 page a day and shit.
>>
>>28199285
Pressing buttons takes intelligence, we know.
>>
File: 1461788677021.jpg (355 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1461788677021.jpg
355 KB, 1000x750
>Go to 3D Arts school to study gamedev
>All the teachers started doing 3D and just talk about disney pixar/dreamworks
>Tfw I like weebshit and wanna talk about games
>School is filled with nepotism and teachers favor stacies who think how to train your dragon 2 and frozen are the epitome of art
pic is what art school is like for me
>>
>>28199180
that's bullshit, the dota meta is not really defined by competitive players, pro players do what they do because they have good decision making and good mechanic skill (muscle memory basically)
The actual meta is discovered by pub players mostly

yeah, that guys a dumbfuck if he thinks dota is a useful adult skill, but it's definitely something that you can earn money with if you are in the top players. and it's not exactly something super easy, otherwise everybody would be able to do it.
>>
>>28199637
See, you're clearly smarter than me since you have dedication to work.

A lot of us lack that dedication.
>>
File: wojakstaley.png (48 KB, 254x377) Image search: [Google]
wojakstaley.png
48 KB, 254x377
>>28198455

I experienced the exact opposite. Everything from grade school through college was pretty horrifying for me. I hated being made to do assignments and having due dates for shit all the time, was always stressed out and everything was always a fucking test, like everything I did was being examined and measured to see if I was good enough to continue progressing as a normal student.

After I graduated university, all the pressure went away, I got a great job that I'm still working at six years later (was just recently given my own office with a lake view too which is cool), and instead of everyone expecting me to do their stupid assignments or else, the power dynamic is now people asking me if I can help them out by building something for them and I give them what they want as a favor, not because they're threatening me with getting left back a grade if I don't do complete their busy work by 2PM next Wednesday. I have a hard time believing there are people who had an easy time in school and don't enjoy being out of school, school is evil incarnate.
>>
>>28198455
>MEGA PROSE
>MEGA ROSE
>ROSE
hey how's it going? i see you're bringing back the subtlety.
>>
>>28199153

>this is what dumb moba babies actually believe
>>
File: burnetts vodkaroni.png (53 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
burnetts vodkaroni.png
53 KB, 200x300
>>28199582
SO you know me, I love burnetts vodka.

My girlfriend is in love with this japanese guy who tries to rape her all the time. not much to tell, but a couple good stories.

he only likes white women, but there's this one white girl he knew in middle school who he actually cares for.

one time they were having sex (consensually) and he couldn't cum because of his antidepressants so he stopped, and looked up pictures of said white girl on his computer. he sort of just started masturbating to them while she wrapped herself in blankets and cried on the other side of the bed

he's one of those asian guys who likes to say "meep" and wear furry hats

she just sort of puts up with him trying to rape her, too. i don't really get it.

i still have one friend , though, pic related

pic related
>>
>>28199685
I had an easy time at school and I loved school. That's why I went to college, and then got a Masters, and then a PhD. Every class was an opportunity to learn something new and interesting, every homework assignment and test was a way to reinforce my knowledge and prove my ability. Another bonus was that all this work did not take nearly the amount of time that a 9-5 does. And another bonus was that teaching when I was in grad school was an amazing experience. I loved school and was really sad when I left academia to get a regular job. I've since adjusted, but I still miss aspects of that life. It really does work better for some people than 'real life'.
>>
>>28199624
Yeah, thats it. I'm also talking about the lyrics, I reference some bible passages.

"Everything they do is done for people to see," says Jesus further of the Pharisees and high-priests. "They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long," he says, and further, "they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called 'Rabbi' by others" (Matthew 23:5-7). The looming issue for the Hohenpriesters is that they are not really original, adaptive thinkers. They wish to be teachers, but they have no teachings to offer; they love ceremonial titles and fancy articles of clothing not because they help signify when a man has merit, but because they help to hide when a man lacks it.
>>
>>28199668
>impressing le teachers in le arte skoole
You're there to learn how to draw shit if you're not learning anything GTFO.
Your resume is shit you can draw, not your "dank degree"
>>
>>28199588
as someone who took all three in HS, I highly recommend them. saves money, and you have a lot more time to get an intuitive understanding of what you're doing which is something that overwhelmingly doesn't happen in engineering school.

t. EE senior
>>
Now you understand what the people you called edgy were talking about
>>
>>28199588
>>28199779
wrong post, i'm drunk, sorry.

t. drunk EE senior
>>
>>28198728
I know this feeling.
I got a business degree. But even that helps little in getting a decent job.
I don't know anyone. How could I ever?
My family is working class. They have no connections. I had to commute to uni so I couldn't do what other students could. I had no money from my parents, just transport help and I had to lay my dad cash go cover fuel. I got held back a year because I had a breakdown and failed a bunch of modules so all the friends I had I gave up due to personal shame. I recovered and got a 2:1 but damage was too much.
I don't make friends. Not even in the shit job I do.
Still working in a supermarket after 8 years, part time.
I have to help care for my autistic brother which the council is failing to provide proper care for. I tutor him on the side in shit he should have known if they gave him one to one back at school and not left him to do puzzles. I've pretty much been depressed most of my life. I have really weird habits like nail and skin biting and phobias about exposing skin due to bullying. Even when I was a child I had to go to therapists for, get this, "confidence issues".

Truth is I have no real aim in life. I had a dream once to make videogames but it died. I try to invest time and money in books, and activities that I could maybe try to learn a 'skill' in. But I'm just shit at it.

Shit at everything, and I wonder why I am still alive sometimes. A disgusting hkv.

I even stopped myself talking to the only true friend I ever had. His life is going so well I don't want to drag him into any of this. I WANT him to live a normal life and forget about me.

Lately I've had breakdowns. I'm in trouble at work a lot because I can't hide my misery. Customers keep complaining.
They've given me till Saturday to change departments and 'improve my attitude and go to a doctor', but I know a doctor isn't going to do shit.

They don't take this stuff seriously at all. I don't want to rely on pills.
>>
>>28198455

Crapitalism. Communism may not give a lot of choice, but at least you are assigned something to do based on your abilities.
>>
>>28199860
tBh i think i'd be comfy living under stalin
>>
File: NO.jpg (61 KB, 468x317) Image search: [Google]
NO.jpg
61 KB, 468x317
>you need to be an extrovert with a phd in advanced dish theory and 30 years experience to be a dishwasher
>>
>>28199876
Uranium mines and gulags are pretty comfy desu.
>>
>>28198455
The problem is 9 billion people. This isn't the time of yore like you were raised to believe, where an individual can make a difference. We don't live in the age of heroes, we live in the age of heroic movements. Seek fulfillment contributing to something you feel worthy, and connect with others who feel the same. There will always be someone better at a given task than you, and in this day and age they are much more easily found.
>>
>>28199843
Of course doctors take this shit seriously, mental health is a real thing.
>>
>>28199860

>you are assigned something to do based on your abilities

That happens in capitalism though. If the free market hasn't given you a job it's because you either don't want to work or you do want to work but are objectively too unskilled to do anything worth payment. With communism, you're arbitrarily told to do something but might or might not get to eat food depending on if the state fucks up and mismanages its way into a completely preventable famine, like what's happened literally every time a major communist state has existed through history.
>>
>mfw I live in my mom's guest house and don't have to do fucking anything

living the good life bros. fuck the rat race
>>
>>28200133

You think that's gonna last forever, anon?
>>
>>28200173
I mean, it'll last at least 20 more years so I don't think I have to worry right now
>>
File: 1456795486727.jpg (109 KB, 901x883) Image search: [Google]
1456795486727.jpg
109 KB, 901x883
>>28199929
>you need 500 facebook friends to clean toilets at McDonalds
>you need to attend a 10 year program at Hamburger U before you can operate the grill
>McNugget theory is an extra 3 year program
>you need to pay for these courses at your own expense
>oh yeah and we'll need the password to your facebook account with at least 100,000 friends (don't want quiet weirdos shooting up the school now)
>>
>>28200014
I just feel like going to the docs about it is admitting defeat.
I like to think I can be stronger then that. That I can do it all by myself.
I guess it's foolish and selfish but I can't shake the feeling that even with help it will only be a matter of time before I'm plagued once more with these toxic thoughts. That I can never truly escape it. Only hold it at bay.

I guess because my therapists a child didn't really understand what I was trying to explain I assume the docs wouldn't either.
It's a hard thing to try to get people to understand. And I really do try to talk to everyone in my family and at work about it, I happily admit I have a problem, but they just never seem to quite get it.

I read about CBT as an alternative, and I tried it a little, but it didn't really work. I guess because I understood how it works a bit too well so I couldn't really 'trick' myself into reasoning.

I just feel so pathetic. As soon as someone digs too much my emotional barrier cracks like an egg and it all floods out. I'm a mess.
>>
>>28198752
>being very successful at competitive Dota
Dota is for stupid children.
>>28199637
STEMfag detected.
>>
>>28199876
>nobody works harder than anybody else at their government assigned job because there's no point
sounds mad comfy
>>
>>28200251

Yes you'll feel pathetic, but what do you have to lose? If it doesn't work out then nothing changes - if it does, you'll finally be happier.

Therapists are pretty shit but durgs might help a bit
>>
>>28198455
My first girlfriend who took my virginity at 17 died of a drug overdose a little before her 25th birthday. I'm jealous.

My life was so awesome from 17-24. I'm a month from 25 and everything is just monotony, dull, depressing, nothing to be excited about.

I'm in the process of joining the air force right now. I need stimulation.
>>
>Go to college to learn programming
>Take what I think is a decent course
>Hit the real world
>Suddenly I'm a fucking retard and everything I'm asked to do is so beyond my skill-set that I'm effectively worthless.

If I lose my job, I'm going to end it.
>>
I'm having the hardest time getting a fast food or retail job because the apps all require personality tests and you need to do three interviews. That's if they call you back ever.

Why is it so difficult man? I just want to be a work slave
>>
>>28200904
This. I've tried everything, I can't even get a wageslave-tier job flipping burgers or operating a cash register. The closest I got was possibly being a lab assistant (this is with a 4 year bio degree, mind you), but they didn't call back when they said they would and when I tried calling them, they never picked up.

I'm just done.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (52 KB, 1000x964) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
52 KB, 1000x964
>>28201006
Is there any way to get back at these fucks who can't even give you a courtesy call? I'm getting sick of filling out the apps for 60-90 minutes and then doing a 30 minute personality test every time for no callback. I should start sending harassing calls their way for wasting my fucking time. THAT'LL SHOWEM
>>
File: 1453865033875.jpg (5 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1453865033875.jpg
5 KB, 250x250
>>28201052
I wish. They literally called me in twice, first for an interview, then for a "working interview" where I did fucking basic lab work and did it well for a few hours.

What was the point? Why waste my fucking time and not even have the courtesy of calling back to tell me that, even though I know what I'm doing and I'd work just fine in your lab, I didn't get the job? The HR cunt didn't even answer me when I "took the initiative" and called them, it went straight to voicemail.

God damn. I'm still mad about this, and it's only a $14/hr, 40 hour/week normie job. Fuck this world.
>>
>>28201130
More successful than my experience of going to a group interview and getting turned down because I was a white male.
>>
File: 1404367685199[1].jpg (237 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1404367685199[1].jpg
237 KB, 500x500
>>28201166

>Not using your privilege to spontaneously create piles of $1000 bills out of thin air

It's your own fault, ya lazy bastard
>>
>>28201166
Oh, I've had that happen to me too. A few years ago, I applied to be a security guard. Huge mistake.

Went to the interview in business casual and, lo and behold, it was a group interview with 25+ mouthbreathing, semi-moronic urban youths and 18 year old white kids in cargo shorts. I'm pretty sure I was the only person in the room that was able to string together a complete sentence when I was asked my single question about "customer service", which probably made me overqualified for the $12/hr position.
>>
>>28201166
>group interview

The person who invented this idea should be burning in hell right now.
>>
>>28201356
Aren't most "group interviews" basically scams? I know Cutco Knives/Vector Marketing/etc pyramid schemes always use group interviews (for obvious reasons, considering everyone gets the job by default.)
>>
>>28199772
you're kinda jumpin the gun ther m8
>>
>>28201412
Yeah, but I was never told that this particular group interview was, in fact, a group interview.
>>
>>28199741

Oh that's pretty funny anon, well at least that weird bitch is gone and Nagasaki, or whatever, can keep shitting on her emotions.

Based nips
>>
>>28198636
That's depressing. What happened to you? Did you not make the cut for grad school? Didn't get into any co-op programs during school? No connections? What went wrong?
>>
Actually once you go out it turns out lots of fucking retarded people have jobs and function well. Almost all public servants, service workers, so on. Not saying you are retarded for working as one of these, but jobs of most people in society (also including many office workers) can be learned by almost anyone. Getting it is actually harder than doing.
>>
>>28198455
>graduate uni
>do JET
>Coast by as the token gaijin doing fuck all
Dunno what to do after that gig ends though.
>>
>>28201543
Shit, I've been thinking about JET (majored in japanese) but my hearing sucks ass.

Should I still go even if I have trouble hearing even English? My Japanese is good and I have little trouble with the language.
>>
>>28201543

I tried doing this with ESL in Korea. Shit didn't work out well at all. I tend to get fatigued pretty easily and they got angry at me for sitting down instead of standing while teaching. Also they didn't give me an apartment of my own like they had promised and instead I had to live in the school principal's apartment. And being on edge from that made me not bathe at all (I can't relax enough to take care of hygiene when living with other people like that), which made me look dirty and smell bad enough to make a bunch of the students withdraw from the school (it was a private school their parents paid for so they could learn extra outside of normal school). I bailed after about a month of teaching and realized literally any American job would be better than ESL in Korea.
>>
You also forgot any money you have being reaped the second you graduate, with various people wanting more looming over you and you having to find somewhere to live or choosing to stay with parents who nag you for money
>>
>>28201628

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I had no idea what to actually do to take up each class's teaching time. I thought at first I could just read from the book and that'd be it, but it turns out if you do that you end up covering the entire year's curriculum in a couple days and that good teachers stretch those lessons out by engaging the students, asking them questions, and expanding on every little example with games and shit. All of which is stuff I'm not capable of managing. I need literal, straightforward tasks to function properly and everything about that job was the opposite of literal or straightforward. They basically expect you to be super-normie and use common sense to be entertaining and educational.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (99 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
99 KB, 600x800
>>28201671
>to stay with parents who nag you for money
mommy just wants me to apply for one job a week

haven't gotten called back once this year

i'm a NEET because the economy is so retarded
>>
>>28198455
>Does anyone else think there's an INSANE difficulty spike in today's society?
Over population in a competition based society. Only the exceptional "make it," if you're average, maybe even above average, you'll be lucky if you survive. This isn't taking nepotism into consideration.
>>
>>28201725

>implying she'll let you use "muh economy" as an excuse forever

It's only a matter of time before she cuts you off.
>>
>>28201628
>>28201689
Wait, so what ended up happening? You just asked to leave and they let you? Did you have to pay for the flight back home?
>>
>>28201052

Pretty simple, don't waste your time with online applications. They never even get read anyway. Go on craigslist and only respond to the ads that post an email or a phone number. You have a much better shot if you can get in contact with an actual hiring manager.
>>
>>28201749
idk man i'm less expensive than the pet at this point

all i need is some internet and food scraps
>>
>>28201543
>Dunno what to do after that gig ends though.
You go to grad school

>>28201628
Did 2 years in Korea and it was awesome. You found a shit job and got no training. google some lesson plans next time
>>
>>28201785

I told them I was sick and needed to go home, which was kind of true because the stress had me not eating or bathing and going to the bathroom all the time. And yes I paid for the flight back home.
>>
>>28201794
>Go on craigslist and only respond to the ads that post an email or a phone number
Craigslist in my area is all shitty driving jobs and cucks that want you to have 4 years of experience in some field
>>
>>28201848

Then you're fucked. Sorry. Should have picked a skillset that lets you work on your own.
>>
>>28201808

>next time

lol, I would literally put a bullet in my head before ever leaving the US again.That experience taught me how much nicer it is to live somewhere I'm super-familiar with from being raised in its culture / language / surroundings. I have a great job now but after that experience I would have even been happy working at mcdonalds as long as I'd get to be living in America and not Korea.
>>
I dunno, being a doctor is a lot fucking easier than college classes
>>
>>28201906
Should I kill myself? Beats being a truck driver
>>
File: 1455481993992[1].jpg (30 KB, 292x342) Image search: [Google]
1455481993992[1].jpg
30 KB, 292x342
>>28201848

>Get curious and check the Craigs in my area
>Nothing but shitty paying jobs and other garbage
>Few ads where you could make 800-3000$ a day taking a few sexy photos if you're a grill

But being a guy is ezmode, right fellas?
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.