[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do more intelligent people tend to be introverted? Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 15
File: Dexters_Lab_-_1x10_0007_(2).jpg (66 KB, 647x485) Image search: [Google]
Dexters_Lab_-_1x10_0007_(2).jpg
66 KB, 647x485
Why do more intelligent people tend to be introverted?

Is it a developed character trait in response to the dumb ass majority?
>>
>>28195793
yeah pretty much

fucking retard normies
>>
>>28195793
holy shit this picture just hit me how kids were being conditioned to multiculturalism even in the 90s
>>
>>28195793
>Why do more intelligent people tend to be introverted?

That literally isn't a thing. Introverts like to pretend to be "smarter" than extroverts.
>>
>>28195793
Because they don't need external feedback to be amused/excited; the questions that appear and are resolved in their own heads are enough to keep them occupied.

/thread, not even exaggerating
>>
>>28195793
I don't think there is any evidence that says introverts are smarter than extroverts
>>
>>28195846
>even
Where have you been the past 25 years?
>>
>>28195793
yes, even if you are only a bit smarter than the rest, they will try to bring you down and that makes you more and more distanced from them
>>
File: 1454451305157.jpg (56 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1454451305157.jpg
56 KB, 1024x576
>tfw dumb as a rock and introverted
>>
>>28195793
Think about Adam and Eve. Once they gained knowledge they were ashamed of themselves. Given that some people are more intelligent, they realize things that others don't, and they obsess over more things as they have a deeper and more complex psyche which cause them to be introverted.
>>
>>28195793

No. It's that we solve problems differently.

Reflection is a useful tool.

But I wouldn't say we're smarter, not at all.
>>
File: image.png (140 KB, 996x768) Image search: [Google]
image.png
140 KB, 996x768
Chart one of two
>>
>>28195846
Fuck off, retard.

Geniziigawagidoon.
>>
>>28195915

In his dad's balls, of course.
>>
>>28195793
>intelligent people tend to be introverted

Citation needed
>>
File: image.png (509 KB, 3843x2812) Image search: [Google]
image.png
509 KB, 3843x2812
>>28196027
And chart two of two.
>no significant correlation of introversion/extroversion and IQ even at extremes
>>
>>28195846
>multiculturalism
Your buzzword means nothing here. All of the girls shown in that seen were of multiple races, but all talked and acted like white American girls. There wasn't anything "multicultural" about it.
>>
>>28196048
Fuck off with your evidence we wanted to make sweeping generalizations with the inevitable conclusion that we are superior to those stupid normies and whores. How am I suppose to sleep at night now?
>>
>>28195889
>the questions that appear and are resolved in their own heads

This would probably go a long way in explaining why this board is so retarded
>>
>>28195793
Self awareness is not Intelligence

Real intelligent people play by the rules
>>
File: pe.png (29 KB, 225x200) Image search: [Google]
pe.png
29 KB, 225x200
It's largely coincidence. Smart people who just so happen to be introverts may be able to spend more time refining their knowledge/talent alone, and so may come to greater prominence than smart people who happen to be extroverts.

Most introverts I know are pretty dumb, because they spend all day playing the same 2 or 3 video games at home and thinking that somehow makes them superior to extroverts who go out and drink. A lot of these same introverts were also the self-proclaimed "intelligent but lazy" types who thought they were smarter than the Chads/Staceys, but ended up with worse grades because they never studied and, again, spent all their time playing video games.

The reality is that if you're introverted and do nothing more with your alone time than fuck about on your computer, then you're a failure, and you will end up far less intelligent than an extrovert who actually goes out and gains life experience/social skills. Introversion is only worth something if you dedicate yourself to a pursuit of some kind, whether it be intellectual or artistic.
>>
>>28196027
>>28196048
i am introverted and i don't understand what do those charts even mean
>>
>>28196270
exactly.

bl0x
>>
>>28196263
you are stupidly assuming that going out is somehow beneficial when it's the exact opposite, if you stay on the internet long enough on the right places you can gain a fuckload of knowledge, most people who go out talk about the stupidest shit so one feels left out, this is why i can't learn anything from them most of the time

also social skills are not intelligence you must be really stupid if you believe that
>>
>>28196317
>you are stupidly assuming that going out is somehow beneficial

You clearly haven't gone out much.

Speaking as somebody who has done both, gaining life experience will teach you a thousand times more than sitting on your computer ever will.
>>
>>28196317

This.

Believe it or not, I've gained tons of shit on my time shitposting on 4chan for these past 9 years.
Some good, some bad, but I've learned shit. /pol/ can redpill you pretty good about the state of the world. Things you will not learn getting your news from CNN or Fox News. I've also learned about the trickery of women among many other things, from here.
>>
Normies have no time to reflect on the world. All they are concerned are themselves.
>>
>Why do more intelligent people tend to be introverted?

You're putting the cart before the horse. They're not more introverted because they're intelligent, they're more intelligent because they're introverted.

Not having a social life quadruples the amount of time you had to spend on intellectual pursuits in your developmental years.
>>
>>28196398
i have gone out a lot and the only thing that i learned is that almost all people are absolute shit and not worth my time or effort to even talk to, yes there are people that are worth it but they don't just hang around and wait for you to meet them, it's very hard to find them and they usually keep to their privacy or small circles

there is no life experience to gain from "going out" life experience is gained through all events in one's life, including solitary time

sitting on my computer thought me more than the average person will learn in his life
>>
>>28196128
>>28196443
At least this guy is on board with me. Yeah, fuck them stupid selfish normies!
>>
We're all fucking retarded, just embrace it
>>
>>28196027
>>28196048

i agree with you but charts without sources are literally useless virtual garbage
>>
File: harpo1.jpg (13 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
harpo1.jpg
13 KB, 214x317
>mfw I'm an extrovert but terrible at it so I pretend I'm an introvert
>>
>>28196270
The first chart is an introduction of a metric used to measure introversion/extroversion, and the second chart is a measure of that metric related to IQ. It turns out their is no apparent relation.
>>
>>28196317
>you are stupidly assuming that going out is somehow beneficial when it's the exact opposite,
>if you stay on the internet long enough on the right places you can gain a fuckload of knowledge

How many self-proclaimed shut-in introverts actually use their time on the internet wisely, though? Robots who are introverts just spend their days browsing /r9k/ and maybe a choice few other boards. That shit numbs your brain if it's the majority of what you do. And then you have the kind of "normie introverts" who will spend all day browsing Tumblr or watching Netflix. Very, very few people who stay indoors on the internet actually use it as a tool to gain knowledge.

The point is that even just going out to a club and getting drunk is progressing your life and your mind far more than spending the night in playing vidya/browsing 4chan would. At least then you're meeting people, conversing with people, and having a real, tangible experience.

>most people who go out talk about the stupidest shit so one feels left out, this is why i can't learn anything from them most of the time

Stupid normie shit is still more mind-opening than "le frog feels" thread on /r9k/ for the one millionth time.

You also miss the point that you can go out and have social experiences that actually involve intellectual and challenging things. You can visit a museum. You can attend a debate. You can go for coffee with someone and discuss science/literature/world affairs. The outside world is not all normies and alcohol.

>also social skills are not intelligence you must be really stupid if you believe that

Social intelligence is one form of intelligence. And there are also life skills and basic knowledge that you learn from years of social contact. Things that you would entirely miss out on as a shut-in.
>>
>>28196452
Its almost like you missed the part where being an introvert and being intelligence aren't correlated.

>>28196463
>
sitting on my computer thought me more than the average person will learn in his life

If you honestly believe that you are delusional to the extreme.
>>
>>28196511
You feel recharged when socializing in large groups, but you have anxiety about it, so you choose not to?
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I can't see it.
>>
>>28196569
He enjoys spending time with people but people don't like spending time with him
>>
>>28196588
Yeah that sums it up pretty well.
>>
File: 163-854.jpg (107 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
163-854.jpg
107 KB, 666x666
>>28196509
THIS EVERYBODY

There's probably an equal amount of smart to stupid introverts and extroverts but there is so much bullshit and misinformation on 4chan, and especially this board, that if you take those charts without a reputable, quantifiable source that is hosted on an official scholarly site, it is just as useless as all the autistic "alpha beta gamma" chart shit.
>>
File: 1438359185006.jpg (224 KB, 485x700) Image search: [Google]
1438359185006.jpg
224 KB, 485x700
I wouldn't say intelligent is the right word. I feel like normal people are much easier to build their perception of the world trough interaction and experience with other people.

Meanwhile introverted people get another view of the world, from the side of it all, observing the bigger picture. They might be more keen on searching for existential answers.

Normal people are too content with the world, and for the most part accept with the reality they are presented with. Therefore they don't see the need to question anything.
>>
>>28196588
>>28196608
I assumed being an extrovert meant not really having an anxiety over social interactions.
>>
>>28195793
introverts think more

extroverts don't care for that very much, they only care about "doing"
>>
File: 1446906363229.jpg (7 KB, 228x250) Image search: [Google]
1446906363229.jpg
7 KB, 228x250
>>28195793

Extraverted intellectuals in history were and are never that revolutionary and mostly just relevant in the their own time, but rarely echoed into eternity.

The "great minds" we're excited about today will be overshadowed by someone who is now on the fringes and will get his chapter in world history posthumously.
>>
File: Train alpha male.jpg (162 KB, 877x336) Image search: [Google]
Train alpha male.jpg
162 KB, 877x336
>>28195793
>>28195793
shy, weak, short, introvert, the more the smarter.

only when a population can prevent the death of the undesirables that it can improve its tecnology.

Chad will never invent anything, there will never be a alpha tesla

as for why, gess we spend too many resorces on our brains and little on the rest, including test

Does anyone have that image? i need to go but i think i have something about that saved, will post later
>>
>>28196610
>>28196509
>>28196048
>>28196027
"Personality and information processing speed: Independent influences on intelligent performance"

Bates & Rock 2004

Intelligence
Vol. 32 Issue 1 p33-46
>>
>>28195987
You poor sick bastard
>>
>>28196659
>>28196569
>>28196511
>I assumed being an extrovert meant not really having an anxiety over social interactions.

No, not really.

If we assume that an extrovert is someone who is recharged by/excited by social situations, and who feels drained by alone time, then it is entirely possible to fit those parameters and still be socially awkward/anxious.

I feel that it applies to me, but I'm gradually overcoming it and becoming more of a "traditional" extrovert.

For many years I felt like I intensely desired social interaction, but either couldn't find it or wasn't very good at it. I also realised that being alone really bored me, and that I would become much more depressed when I went for long periods without attending a social event.

Having very introverted friends also makes this difference more apparent. People seem to have this belief that if you're not confident, you must be an introvert, but I just found that I didn't have much in common with my high school group, who were far more interested in staying in-doors on Skype than going out and doing new things.
>>
>beta's don't get access to pussy
>beta's wallow away in their own tears
>beta's decide the best thing they can do to live a gratifying life is to help Chad and women through technological innovations and other contributions

In short, civilization is the result of cucks.
>>
File: 1414531019199.png (244 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1414531019199.png
244 KB, 500x500
>>28196610
nobody is going to bother reading this or responding to you because this entire board is an echochamber for autismos and the refuse and garbage of 4chan - horseshoe theory in effect - this place is just tumblr with the word "men" replaced with women and the word "misogynist" replaced with whore, every faggot trap-loving virgin on this board needs to be drug out into the streets and shot
>>
>>28196683
>shy, weak, short, introvert
Tall people are smarter
Mentally retarded people actually have low testosterone levels and high rates of depression.
>>
>>28196769
this "i can't get laid but I'm smarter than everyone" meme needs to end. Retards are usually permavirgins too. I've met a few of them and none of them got laid
>>
>>28196894
> Retards are usually permavirgins too. I've met a few of them and none of them got laid

Nice supporting evidence brah
>>
>>28195793
normies spend so much mental time and effort on social relationships. Introverts spend that time on other things like reading, things that tend to make them smarter.
>>
>>28196996
yet all anybody does on here is shitpost and watch anime and jerk off and whine about never getting any attention from girls
>>
>>28197045

>le weeb maymay

I hate whenever you people spend your leftover hours on here bullying people who already have nothing.
>>
Most introverts are just normals that might skip out on the occasional weekend with friends
>>
>>28195793
people tend to dislike intelligent people
>>
I don't think it's intelligence I think it is honesty. I'm just guessing and this isn't based on anything but I feel like introverts are more honest than extroverts and this world dicks over anyone who is honest so you naturally become introverted.
>>
>>28197070
>bullying

topkek

If you can't defend your viewpoints you shouldn't hold them.
>>
I've never learned anything positive from being around normals. The main lesson I've learned is how terrible they are, in how they sit around insulting one another and bragging about themselves to the point of outlandish lies.

I can learn a lot in a single night on the computer though.
>>
You can go out and have fun with friends and not be a normie, this argument is pointless
>>
http://paulcooijmans.com/psychology/intrex.html

Smelly, dumb extrovert scum :^)
>>
File: 1452104429109.jpg (6 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1452104429109.jpg
6 KB, 250x236
>>28197305
>You can go out and have fun with friends and not be a normie
>>
>>28197305
ONLY normies have friends
>>
>>28197309
Yep, this definitely trumps any real scientific evidence.
>>
File: 21476632.png (260 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
21476632.png
260 KB, 563x542
>>28195793
I see whats happening here. You think you're simply "too smart" to not have friends, or a social life, or a girlfriend.
You're "too smart" to not be a loser.

I'd like to remind you that this is not true. Not only are you merely pseudo intellectual at best, smart people usually see the practical harm in being a loner so they easily make friends.
>>
>>28197235
not exactly true because they ave a lot more life experience than us robots

they may have less information and knowledge, but you can learn from their experience if they are willing to share personal stuff
>>
>>28195793
I always wondered that myself. Or if it was just something introverted people wanted to tell themselves to make themselves feel better about being alone.
>>
>>28196263
You are 100% right
>>
>>28197484
Something along the lines, yeah.

I have a close group of friends though, but am reluctant to meeting new people and even avoid it when situations present themselves, because I hate all the small talk and being careful not to accidentally insult the person because I don't know his or her humor and that period of getting to know is too much of a bother for me.

Sadly I know this has to change and I have to start meeting new people.
>>
File: 1449947858376.jpg (16 KB, 351x329) Image search: [Google]
1449947858376.jpg
16 KB, 351x329
if you were intelligent you could learn how to mimic normies and become a social extrovert and feign confidence and dominance to get with people who you wanted

its not hard, you literally just have to observe people, if you can't observe and mimic people without putting more than sub-conscious thought into it then you're probably not as intelligent as you think

also just remember that pretending to be someone your not will only get people who like you for someone you're not, you may think "EPIC THIS SEX IS AWESOME" but the bubble will pop and you will feel even worse than you did before

good luck!
>>
>>28196751
Thx famriginal
>>
>>28196317
And where are you in life now?
>>
>>28197664
This

>>28197589
Stop using pseudo logic to explain being an artist
>>
>>28196670
Hitler was actually introverted
>>
File: 1460410363534.jpg (14 KB, 511x416) Image search: [Google]
1460410363534.jpg
14 KB, 511x416
>the amount of un-ironic fedora tipping in this thread
>>
>>28195793
Perhaps it's because they choose their words carefully instead of blurting it out without a second thought. The ratio of intelligent conversation to asinine chatter is better compared to extroverts.
>>
When people speak of intelligence, they refer to what's called executive functioning. This is a capacity of the prefrontal cortex, which orders the rest of the brain and nervous system. It's the part of your brain that allows you to control yourself.

Since injury to, or deformity of the PFC results in lower scores on cognitive tests, including IQ scores, it can be inferred that it's vital to what we call intelligence.

The thing is, the PFC works by inhibiting action in the rest of the brain. In other words, you stand there doing nothing, mulling things over. This results in passive behavior and doesn't lend well to the irrational, gut-reactions necessay to dominate a group of primates.

Smart people do better during war, when you know who your enemy is and can think long and hard about attacking him before actually meeting on the battlefield. They love to snipe, or bomb from above.

Generally, it's considered a sociopathic curse.
>>
>>28196808
>Tall people are smarter

top kek my dear lanklet
>>
>>28195846
> kids conditioned to acknowledging other races exist
Sounds like you only consider white kids to be kids.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.