[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember highschool /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
File: 20160428_130908-1024x576.jpg (127 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
20160428_130908-1024x576.jpg
127 KB, 1024x576
Remember highschool /r9k/?
>>
I try not to
>>
>>28193828

you're implying it gets better?
>>
>>28194141
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrxI_euTX4A
>>
>>28193803
Yeah, at least I had like 3 friends whom I could talk to about anime and metal music.

Now I don't even have that.
>>
Zero pussy, but in horrifying retrospect I realize that I probably could have gotten it if I wasn't such a self-hating moron.

It was cool though. Current friends found me and turned me into a stoner. I know it's usually fucked up when people get you to conform but my junior and senior year were great because of them. We were shitty little highschool delinquents smoking pot out of sneakatokes in rain gutters. It felt really good and healthy to be a part of a group like that. We really believed in ourselves in the sense that we had some sort of power or ability together. Stupid fucking teenagers, but we made a lot of satisfying memories that will make me not regret my youth.
>>
>>28194141

The only difference is that you don't get bullied every day. Which is a plus.
>>
>>28194141

You won't get bullied anymore, but the alienation stays forever.
>>
File: image.gif (18 KB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
18 KB, 400x321
>>28193803

>9-10th grade I was a fairly average highschooler
>had a decent circle of friends and 3 really close friends
>in 9th grade I had a gf and had my first kiss
>transferred to a new school 300 miles away for 11-12tb grade
>everybody there had established cliques and friends
>was too shy to introduce myself
>became friends with the robotic people
>dr who fans, anime fans, really nerdy people who were socially awkward
>I don't mean "lol hahaha so awkwarddd" I mean like, full on aspie
>social outcast
>when I graduated the only people who clapped were my parents
> ended up having sex with a girl who I was friends with 2 years later, it was pretty cash
>>
File: 1439340961861.jpg (44 KB, 680x765) Image search: [Google]
1439340961861.jpg
44 KB, 680x765
>>28194761
>>became friends with the robotic people
>>dr who fans, anime fans, really nerdy people who were socially awkward

You at least had them

>tfw not even nerdy enough to be acepted by the nerds

They were just as smug and ostricizing as the other cliques at school.
>>
File: 1459872221806.jpg (27 KB, 400x281) Image search: [Google]
1459872221806.jpg
27 KB, 400x281
>you're in high school again

Somehow I felt like I was much happier even thought I only talked to 3 people. I guess being around bodies, even if I didn't know them, was better than being around nobody now.

I liked my teachers though. They were pretty awesome and I always good good grades.

tl;dr: Loved school, hated the people.

>no reccess!
>>
>>28193803
all i remember is the anxiety, the panic attacks and the diarrhea i got from it
>>
>>28193803
Highschool was the only time I felt like I could be myself. I acted awkwardly because I was still trying to figure out how this world works. I was innocent.

Now I know too much. I know about people and the things I have to do in order to survive. I've learned that not everyone gets a happy ending and that I have to start coping with the idea that I'll be alone on my deathbed.

In Highschool I was always under the impression that things would get better at some magical age in my life. College just ended and I realize I'm no closer to being one of the cool people than I hoped I'd be 5 years ago.
>>
>still no friends
>still retarded social circles at work
>still depression and anxiety
At least I have some money and don't live with my parents anymore which is nice
>>
>>28194850
I remember trying to fit in and being awkward and autistic.
After 3 years of trying to become normal I realized how toxic people really are and I gave up on them.
>>
>remember

Most of /r9k/ still is in high school. Why do you think the kids on here will fall for any meme you throw at them?
>>
yeah, it wasn't too bad really, went to a really small school ( < 300 kids, about 30 in my graduating class) and most of my classmates i knew since either kindergarten/first grade or 8th grade

i was a nerd but got along with most groups of people and didn't have too many problems

>tfw you will never play quake and warcraft 2 on the high school lan with your bros

>tfw even had jocks/chads and the computer teacher playing quake with us

>tfw 2 of said bros would up an heroing a few years ago, not even robots or anything, both married with kids (one was apparently raping his daughter though and was going to get busted so ended it with a shotgun)

it *did* suck the boy/girl ratio was completely fucked as well as the 'hot' chicks being average anywhere else at best - if you weren't a chad you pretty much had to settle for a fat redneck :/
>>
>>28194697
I feel this post anon. When you smoke weed with people every day after school you feel like you are part of something; like you belong. I really feel this whole post.
>>
>>28193803
thanks for the flashbacks ... high school was better than middle school though - would gladly forget my school time between grade 7 and 9 and just remember the holidays and free time instead. Life was great outside of school but the asshole kids and bitches in my class ruined the rest of the time for me
>>
>>28194962
i actually hung out with the stoners in highschool my last couple of years even though i didn't smoke

'anon you don't smoke???'
nope
'so why do you hang out with, you know, health and sean and them?'
uh because they actually like to go out and do shit?

i did eventually give into the herbal jew after graduation though
>>
File: heh.jpg (18 KB, 317x265) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
18 KB, 317x265
Vaguely.
>only real friend was a bitchy goth girl who called herself Raven
>rich girl who lived a couple blocks away from me was always pushing me to run for class president and whatnot
>slept through math pretty much every class
>some stupid walkout over nothing in my third year
>punk girl with big fat titties posted them on /b/ when we were 15 and I called her by name in the thread so she deleted it
>>
I enjoyed the structure of it. Feels like my life is completely directionless now.
>>
>>28194758
Not true. If you let your insecurities slip through you can get bullied in college as well.
>>
>>28193803

>youll never have fast times at ridgemont high
>>
>>28193803
>her man arms

Would not bang
>>
high school for me was 10 months ago. desu the last 2 months weren't so bad. I hugged and held hands with a qt and she asked me to work on an English project with her. but she had a boyfriend i at least feel proud that i cucked him slightly. i also had another qt that really liked me and promised me that we would see each other within the year. I made all the effort to talk to her so i stopped responding to get messages
>>
>>28194758
Funnily enough I was never bullied throughout school until I went to a state university.
>>
File: alcoholismyfriend.jpg (76 KB, 900x676) Image search: [Google]
alcoholismyfriend.jpg
76 KB, 900x676
>>28194151
Bowling For Soup kind of sucks, but this song is so fucking true.
>>
>>28194151
ugh how old are you? my parents went to bowling for soup shows when i was in high school and they're climb towards 50.
>>
I wore nothing but black slacks, button up T shirts, and boots all year
>>
>>28194761
You're already doing better than most people on this board lol
>>
I wish I stuck to my guns and did more exercise and ate right during high school. Oh well.
>>
>>28194850
I did this. HS is the only place where you have a chance ad the bee yourself meme. I did alright beeing myself, got valedictorian, it was OK. I felt so hyped for university, I was able to make friends (I thought, they friended me, I had no social skill whatsoever) here, so I can do it at uni. Boy was I wrong. Everything crashed down in uni, now I'm a neet thats gonna kill themselves eventually. Highschool is a place for false hope, even if you do OK there, if youre not normie enough you get slaughtered in uni
>>
>>28193803
Unfortunately yes I can, I wish I could just forget about it. It was torture being the autistic kid in a school full of spiteful brats.

I got the last laugh when my family successfully sued them for causing long term psychological damage.
>>
I went to an all boys Catholic school.

I made a bunch of non-normie friends and everyone in AP had the same classes so we eventually all knew each other.

It was great.
>>
>>28196150
I had that experience once I started attended a small boarding school, state school is no place for a robot.
>>
>>28196197
started attending*
>>
>>28195016

>slept through math every class

iktfb

i had an english class first period, so 8:30 am and the next semester i had a math class at 8:30 am

>i slept the entire time in both classes
>math teacher gave me a D because he gave no fucks
>english teacher gave me an F for "lack of attendance"

fuck that guy
>>
File: DEPRESSION.jpg (61 KB, 533x397) Image search: [Google]
DEPRESSION.jpg
61 KB, 533x397
>Sister was diagnosed with cancer as I was going into highschool
>Mum and dad are never at home as a result, grew up mostly alone with just my dog for company
>Acted like a cunt in highschool because I felt like shit all the time
>Make a few friends
>Act like such an arsehole that I push everybody else away from me
>Everybody thinks I'm just some edgy kid trying to be cool, really just hate everything and don't want to be bothered
>Girls made fun of me
>Guys made fun of me, on rare occasions hit me
>Wonder why when I dislike all of them
>Now I get requests from them on facebook or PS-Plus
>Ignore all the cunts
>Sometimes look at their profiles
>They're all at meetups with people from our year
>Pictures of them leaving highschool all together, smiling
>I'm in none of them because I was such a fucking loner
I dunno how to feel about it all to be honest. I never exactly fit in. I had long hair for almost all of highschool which made me the butt of a lot of jokes, and in the last year and a half I shaved my head and started wearing boots like a skinhead, which also made me the butt of jokes. The one teacher I got along with told me it was rad though. I never even fit in with the scene kids.
It was a turbulent time.
>>
>>28196150
Same here, except I was too dumb for the ap classes. I was obviously not accepted by the rich chads either. Had literally zero friends all 4 years.

Was a bright side though. At least I didn't have to deal with the awkwardness of being surrounded by girls in hot catholic schoolgirl uniforms all day and spilling spaghetti in front of them daily.
>>
>>28194697
>but in horrifying retrospect I realize that I probably could have gotten it if I wasn't such a self-hating moron.

Ugh, I know this feel so damn well. Even the girl I had a crush on was obviously into me in retrospect, but I just couldn't let myself believe it was anything but one-sided.
>>
>>28195919
post your valedictorian speech
>>
threads like this give me flashbacks STAHP
>>
>at lunch in middle school and highschool I'd just walk around campus alone
>i'd try to never walk past the same place twice
>maybe that way people wouldn't notice that i was never going anywhere
>they probably knew, if they paid me any attention whatever
>26 now
>on lunch at work I just walk on the street alone for 15 minutes in one direction
>spend the other 15 walking back and continuing work

What was that quote by Marcus Aurelius? All events will always take a similar form, so that pondering life for a 20 years is the same as pondering it for ten-thousand?
>>
>>28193803
yep. 4 years of staying at home playing video games and being depressed

i didnt even get bullied or anything. i just didnt like being around people
>>
hells to the yes
>dated around a little freshman year
>got qt skinny goth gf for the rest
>AP classes and sports (I sucked at sports though, just did it to keep in shape)
>male friend group mostly nerds, with me and one other athletic guy having gfs, the rest romantic failures
>comfy circle of female friends too
lots of things about my high school sucked, but the relationships didn't.
>>
>kindergarden through 8th grade go to all-boys school
>suddenly i'm thrown into a co-ed high school
>horny but have no idea how to talk to girls because i had no girls to talk to and played vidya all day
>suddenly tired all the time
>sleep through classes, sleep all weekend, can't do homework because i'm sleeping all the time
>only discover i have severe undiagnosed hypothyroidism until i fail out of school
>get sent to all-boys private high school
>spend college years hiding in my dorm room playing vidya because i don't know how to talk to girls

I'm 30 now and still have no idea how to talk to girls.
>>
>>28197479
>I'm 30 now and still have no idea how to talk to girls.
This scares me so much. I've even had a regular (and in some ways, great) life in other respects. I just haven't had a real female friend since elementary school. I think I might be fucked.
>>
File: 456366gdrtrr.jpg (28 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
456366gdrtrr.jpg
28 KB, 601x508
>>28194761
>>28194815
>>>became friends with the robotic people
>>>dr who fans, anime fans, really nerdy people who were socially awkward
>lost virginity to fembot in 10th grade
>had occasional casual sex with 4 other fembots for the rest of high school
Those type of people clean up nicely when they're not in their nerd attire, hair down, glasses off, and because they're shy they're open to sex when you display a little bit of confidence.
Unfortunately all five of them became preppy bitches after high school and don't ever want to talk to me again because "I'm a weird loser" now.
>>
>>28197479
I don't know how to talk to girls either idk how I got girlfriends or laid
>>
File: forever-alone-pictures.jpg (36 KB, 600x318) Image search: [Google]
forever-alone-pictures.jpg
36 KB, 600x318
I don't miss school itself. I miss summer vacation, snow days, and days when I skipped. It's a different feeling from just not having school at all these days.
>>
File: 1427149604437.png (657 KB, 568x426) Image search: [Google]
1427149604437.png
657 KB, 568x426
>>28195166
I spent the last 2 months of my highschool going insane from desolation and going out to the park to glare at people while my headphones were blaring jenny death

After that my brain went into hyper drive. I laugh at "crazy" people, they have no idea it means to be on my level of crazy. They can't even begin to imagine it.

I'll never be the same. You can't unsee the things I've seen.
>>
It was better than uni.

Fuck uni completely.
>>
>>28193803
I hate everything so much
>>
Yeah, I just graduated last year.

I wish I could do it over again. I'm not ready for the real world
>>
>Had to go to auditorium because there was testing in my class
>Other classes in there to
>Can't sit at bottom set of seats because there are people being walked through the test setup
>Go to top, try and be as far away as I can from people without them smelling me
>People come up and sit behind me
>People come and sit in front of me
>Nose starts to get really runny
>Scared to wipe it because I think they'll think it's disgusting
>Quickly run my finger up my upper lip and nose
>Try to not do it often so they don't suspect something
>Have to wait in between wipes, nose starts dripping and shit gets on my lips
>Area below nose is wet as fuck
I fucking hate this
>>
it was shit but sometimes it wasn't and I have some comfy memories
>>
>tried to be the funny guy
>ended up looking like a turbo autist

just the thought of any one of those 4 years makes me cringe so hard it hurts
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.