[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If someone jumped from here, would it be likely that they survive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9
File: nsb.png (1 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
nsb.png
1 MB, 800x600
If someone jumped from here, would it be likely that they survive?
>>
There's a chance. Find to fall somewhere where it isn't grass. Increases the chances of death.
>>
Yes, 50%.
>>
Is this one of those "cry for help" dealies?

Cause if it is, you can fuck right off that barely elevated scaffolding and break your wrist, m80. Nobody gives two fucks
>>
>>28185801
not if they landed on their head
>>
not worth the risk.

You would have to land in a way that slammed the back of your head at an angle that would dislocate your spine from your brain killing you.

Failing to do that might just mean brain damage.

Find a higher public place. Look for tall apartment complexes, just follow someone in.
>>
>>28185801
Worst that happens is you break your bones. Suicide attempt failed and no dignity left
>>
yes

and trust me, you do NOT want to survive something like that
>>
Yeah id say youre more likely than not to survive it. Not really that high. if you landed head first youd probably not survive, but otherwise just a lot of pain
>>
>>28185844
this is probably the third tallest building in this town, the others being a cinema and a lift tower.
>>
>>28185966
You're from Northampton?
>>
>>28185801
Just hang yourself from a door knob
>>
File: 1461759599542.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1461759599542.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>>28185966
Okay, so you're from Northampon and live near some cinema, Northampton School for boys (maybe even studied there) and the National Lift Tower right?
>>
>>28186313
keep plugging away at finding the OP, neetcuck.

better make use of all that free time you have on your hands, after all.
>>
>>28185801
Not if you blew your brains out with a shotgun before jumping
>>
>>28185801
Not sure, but it would be extremely painful
>>
It wouuld be very painful
>>
>>28186948
you don't get to bring friends...

Did I meme good?
>>
>>28185801
A man survived jumping out of a plane once.(parachute failed to deploy).

He's a paraplegic for life, but still alive..

Jumping isn't a good idea.
>>
>>28185801
Probably. Chances are good you'd end up a cripple or a brain dead retard. Don't try it anon.
>>
>>28185801
Yes I'd say it's likely. You probably wouldn't be able to walk though.
>>
>>28185801
Yes. Enjoy your paralysis though
>>
>>28185801
why don't you try it out and tell us afterwards?
>>
Drink a fee cups of bleach, and shit your wrist before you jump. One of the 3 things will kill you. Just hope the fall kills you before the bleach destroys your insides, extremely painful.
>>
File: 1392275558901.jpg (634 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
1392275558901.jpg
634 KB, 780x780
jumping seems like the most romantic way to die

Japanese civilians used to jump off cliffs in WW2
>>
>>28185801
The human skeleton evolved to take damage from the front in combat fall backwards from that high and death is practically guaranteed. You can die hitting the back of your head from a standing height.
>>
if you land on solid ground, yes it will be fatal
>>
>>28185801
depends what you fall on

go legs or back first you'll probably just get brutally injured

go head first and yeah, that be death
>>
You could kill yourself, but that height isn't even going to put you at terminal velocity. Odds are you'd just get injured, especially if you aren't competent enough to land on a vital organ.
>>
>>28185966
Jesus fuck your ending your life just take a bus to somewhere with a taller building you insufferable faggot
>>
>>28189620
you could easily survive this jump with a loose stance and a sideroll.
>>
>>28189661
>inb4 le grammar mistake
>>
File: jumper7.jpg (19 KB, 350x384) Image search: [Google]
jumper7.jpg
19 KB, 350x384
>>28185801
Jumping is one of the worst ways to commit suicide. As your falling down you're going to have time to regret your actions, but there's nothing you can to do to stop it. I've said it time and time again: 12ga to the head is the best and most effective way.
>>
OP just move in with me and be my neet sex slave
>>
File: Bane_Tom_Hardy5.jpg (23 KB, 250x376) Image search: [Google]
Bane_Tom_Hardy5.jpg
23 KB, 250x376
it would be extremely painful
originalo
>>
>>28185801

Jesus, people are stupid in this thread. If you're jumping from the actual top floor, then that's a 6 story drop. You will fucking die no matter how you land. If you're jumping from the physical roof, then that's easily a 9 story drop. The difference is minimal. You will fucking die, easily. For fucks sake, why do sperglords over think everything? I mean, look at that building. Are you actually picturing someone plummeting off that fucking thing would be breathing when you walked up on them after their drop? Fuck no, get real.
>>
>>28185801
Paramedic here.
Pretty likely depending on if you jump head first or not.
Your body is more likely to fall into a legs first position because your natural self preservation instincts will kick in. You'll break your legs and the bottom of your spine, and then smash your head off of the pavement below.
You'll be crippled temporarily or long term with a head injury that would potentially leave you retarded.
And that's only if you hit the pavement, if you hit the grass you'll live and have many broken bones.
>>
>>28189606
Don't forget to go barefeet anon. Tbh I think the train has its eyes on me, that's my go to strat. Hey OP >>28185801, any trains nearby? You could lie on the tracks and decapitate
>>
File: be a hero.jpg (57 KB, 437x554) Image search: [Google]
be a hero.jpg
57 KB, 437x554
>>28185801
just hang yourself bro
>>
>>28185801
Perhaps. It seems too risky. If I were you, before I jumped, I'd down a crazy amount of sleeping pills and stuff like that. 3 bottles at least. And then drink a bunch of hard liquor. That way if you fall and don't die from impact, the alcohol and pills will make it even harder for your body to survive. Doesn't hurt to slit your wrists either

Best of luck to you OP
>>
>>28189688

Literally nobody in the world cares what you've said time and time again. People who want to kill themselves just pick the quickest, most available method. They don't leave a note, they don't try to meticulously plan it out, they just fucking shoot themselves, slit their wrists heavily, or jump off a bridge. It's not a rational decision, and any time you attempt to apply logic to it by considering what kind of note you would write, or how you would go about it, you're admitting that you're a fucking attentionwhore with no real desire to actually end it. There is no perfect way to die, but there are a thousand ways that work, and people utilize them every single day without a second thought because they want out and don't give a shit about pain or regret.
>>
>>28189776
My brother jumped 80ft off a cliff and only broke his ankles, pelvis and jaw. It's all about technique mang
>>
>>28189842

Yeah well my brother jumped 30 feet off a cliff and his entire body exploded into a hazy red mist so you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>28189821
Best one you can get it asparin fampai, thins the blood out nice and good \o/
>>
>>28189863
m8, if you jump headfirst you've got a better chance of dying, s'all I was saying. Jumping feet first is an easy way to just end up a raspberry ripple
>>
>>28189829
>implying

Virginia Woolf wrote her husband a heartfelt letter, put rocks in her jacket, and then walked into a river drowning herself. People commit suicide all the time planning it out carefully ahead of time and leaving notes.
>>
>>28189921

There are exceptions, but it's by no means the rule. Most people just do it, and for fucks sake don't bring up Virginia Woolf, a fucking writer, as your evidence sperglord. Of course she would leave a note, it's the only way she knew how to communicate, and only then because she genuinely felt obligated to. Most people who are actually suicidal (read: not the fucking attentionwhores on /r9k/) just disappear from the world.
>>
>>28189873
Then use those. Combined with heavy alcohol (which doesn't mix well with pills) and the damage from the jump, I'd say your odds are around 85% chance of success
>>
S H O O T Y O U R S E L F

so tired of you autistic retards constantly asking the dumbest ways to kill yourself, there's been like 5 of you in the past 2-3 days, there's literally no reason you cannot get a gun if you actually wanted to die
>>
>>28190039
Unless you are poor, have a bad background, or live outside the USA
>>
will i even feel it if I land head first?
>>
>>28190961
Like I said earlier, asparin are the best pills you can get easily to increase your chances, but from that height there's a sad chance you won't live. I'd rather you didn't kill yourself, but please make sure you go headfirst and OD at the same time so you don't end up a cripple if you decide to go through with it
>>
That building looks familiar. North West UK?
>>
File: rare pepe.jpg (21 KB, 302x347) Image search: [Google]
rare pepe.jpg
21 KB, 302x347
>>28189597
how is shitting your wrists supposed to kill you? infection?
>>
>>28192308
>OP jumps
>lands on spine, not head
>even with aspirin in his blood paramedics give him a transfusion
>he survives, a 'miracle'
>forced to live as a quadriplegic
>can't even an hero because no usage of arms or legs
>>
>>28185801
85%+ chance of survival. The human body can survive far more than you think. You'll want 15 stories or more onto something really hard for suicide.
>>
>>28192886
Pls, it's not my fault he's not just going with shotgun in the mouth. American's have it lucky, 'aint noone surviving with half a skull
>>
File: 1454920553195.png (820 KB, 952x638) Image search: [Google]
1454920553195.png
820 KB, 952x638
>>28193175
there are actually cases of people surviving a shotgun to the head

it's unlikely but you'd be amazed at what modern medical science can do
>>
>>28192800
People bleed to death
>>
>>28185801
OP, paramedic here
You won't die instantly from that fall. So be prepared to be in excruciating pain until you fall into a coma.(Might be instant might take several minutes).
Best way to maximize your chances of death is to fall headfirst onto the pavement/concrete(if there is any) and bound your arms because by reflex you will have them out. Do it at night so that you're able to mitigate your chances of someone calling the ambulance service to resus you. At that point you've got a 45 minute window for when intervention by paramedics will prevent you from killing yourself.
Hell you could even spam the emergency services prior so that all paramedics are unavailable when you get called.
you should also take a fuckload of stimulants before you die so that your body convulses and uses more energy therefore letting your brain die faster.
>>
>>28194121
If OP can get a hold of illicit drugs he'd be better off taking a lot of opiates/benzos and washing it down with some hard liqour.
>>
>>28188181
>He's a paraplegic for life, but still alive..

and making several tens of thousands a year in neetbux with fucking zero responsiblities at all, the guy is lucky as fuck actually
>>
>>28185801
there are three possible outcomes with any suicide method

>kill self, life is good
>cant kill self, life is extremely painful
>cant kill self but kill self enough to be on neetbux for life, life is good
>>
>>28193237
why live at that point
holy shit
>>
File: gunface1_620_1754267a.jpg (92 KB, 620x573) Image search: [Google]
gunface1_620_1754267a.jpg
92 KB, 620x573
>>28193237
>>28194906
it gets worse
they ended up sewing some dead guys face onto him
>>
>>28194948
That's fucking horrifying
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.