[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here has ever /felt ashamed of being knowledgeable/? Today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
Who here has ever /felt ashamed of being knowledgeable/?

Today in class I was trying to tell some of my fellow students that MDMA stood for methylenedioxymethamphetmine and they all got pissed off and called me retarded.

How do the normies do it, how do do that have the power to make you feel ashamed of being objectively right?
>>
File: gripskiddily.jpg (32 KB, 694x647) Image search: [Google]
gripskiddily.jpg
32 KB, 694x647
People cling to stupidity and simplicity because it makes them feel safe or validated.
They rejected you because your intelligence is threatening or demeaning.
pic unrelated
>>
>>28182615
green text it please, why did they get pissed? is it because of the word methamphetmine in memethylenedioxymethamphetmine?
>>
Uh, why would you learn that you fucking nerd? Jesus christ
>>
>>28182692
But they're so hypocritical anon, the people I'm referring to have argued about abortion rights with me because lolscience but can't even bother to take two seconds to Google the drugs that consume.

Fucking baffling.
>>
>>28182754
Yeah pretty much, they were swearing up and down that they'd never take meth and I pointed out that they sort of already had, which got them booty blasted because they "thought I was calling them a tweaker".
>>
>>28182767
Because I have no friends and passive media consumption is boring so I spend my days learning autistic shit.
>>
File: funny_animated_gif_6.gif (495 KB, 228x290) Image search: [Google]
funny_animated_gif_6.gif
495 KB, 228x290
>>28182791
If you want to be socially accepted, act dumber, nobody likes a know-it-all and it'd help to lose the superior attitude because you know everything, again, people hate that shit

It's painful, but you can have a society-appealing personality and a real personality true to yourself and your closest friends.
>>
>>28182615
>Today in class I was trying to tell some of my fellow students that MDMA stood for methylenedioxymethamphetmine and they all got pissed off and called me retarded.
What the fuck?
Sounds like they didn't want to hear that their beloved molly is chemically related to the evil bad methamphetamines that they've been brainwashed to associate with junkies and threw a fit.
>>
>>28182615
You sound like an annoying know-it all.

It's socially expected that you don't just spout out random information if it's not needed in a situation.

Like if I was like "hmm I wonder how our next predident will be" and someone spouted out "THERE HAVE BEEN 44 PRESIDENTS IN THE UNITED STATES SO FAR" I'd give them an awkward look.

If someone had specifically asked you "what does MDMA stand for?" And you told them, they'd think "oh wow, he actually knew! He must be smart!"

But just starting RANDOM autistic information like that fucking mouthful in an unrelated situation doesn't show that you are smart, it shows that you're socially dumb.

It's not like smart people go around spouting off fun facts about random shit. Part of being smart overall is understanding social cues.

Op it's great that you are smart in a knowlege sense, but that will only get you so far. Take this experience and learn from it so that you can be smarter socially too
>>
Uhhh, once in history I answered a question the teacher asked the whole class in general, I answered and everyone started fake congulating me and sarcastically saying "good job" and shit, the teacher had to tell them to stop. That shit never happened before or since and it was a run of the mill question, why the fuck did they act like I was "hoho look how smart I am!" There was no fucking reason for that shit, and it was uninamous too, freaked me the fuck out. I still think back on that, I remember two other kids had answered questions before me and one after, why did I even get singled out? Shit was weird, yo.
>>
>>28182987
Yeah pretty much right on the money
>>28183032
No anon, it was relevant to the conversation. I was defending methamphetamine because I'm a fucking degenerate.
>>28183043
I don't know anon, just don't think we're cut out for this shit. Normies just go to school to socialize and have a piece of player to supplement their people skills for jobs later on.
>>
File: 1461362355833.jpg (81 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1461362355833.jpg
81 KB, 900x506
>>28182615
>say a thing that people i'm talking to don't understand like probability in math or something, simple shit like algebra.
>they call me retarded because they can't understand it

I don't get how people are just bad at math. It's just following instructions. It's the same as cooking.
>>
>>28183291
Why did you need to tell them what the full name was in order to get your point accross?

Also, the fact that you were defending it if they were attacking it is probably the thing that caused them to get combative
>>
This guy at work treated me like a retard and giggled at me because I insisted that blood wasn't blue when it flows inside of your veins. And that the idea of it only turning red after touching oxygen is retarded since it carries oxygen.
>>
>>28183330
>they talk shit on methamphetamines
>he knows that mdma is actually a form of methamphetamines
>tells them that that it is because they were having an uneducated discussion about a subject
>they get buttblasted over it

so you WANT people to spread misinformation? from what I read in the thread it's not just like he walked up to them and went "ACTUALLY MDMA IS METH *TIPS FEDORA*"

he was in a conversation with him it's a valid point to bring up
>>
Behold, genuine autism

No one cares for your little comments that's what i learned
>>
>>28183341
blood's not blue in the veins. it's just the only light that can pass through all the skin from where the blood really is. same reason why the moon is blue. blue wavelengths travel farther.
>>
>>28182615
yeah.. sometimes ppl will like u more if u come to conclusions together rather than just telling them whats right even if u know it 100%. if u pretend to not be sure but end up being right ppl will think u are smart but not a know it all
>>
>>28183441
they just don't want their egos shattered by how quickly you came to the conclusion compared to how it seemed insurmountable to them.

if you flat out tell someone the correct answer to something they just get annoyed cause they didn't know it themselves and feel dumb.

I'm so fucked up idk if I'm actually smarter than most people or if I'm just average intelligence. Cause I know way more than most people do but it's nothing groundbreaking. I rarely ever get confused though except for this conundrum.
>>
>>28183291
The guy you replied to was spot on. Nobody cares that you can spell out mdma. Just like nobody cares if you can recite 50 digits of pi.

It sounds like you are not very smart, but are desperately trying to delude yourself into thinking you are. Memorizing random facts does not make you smart.
>>
>>28183581
That's not the point of the thread asshole, the point was that normies were literally mad because I wouldn't accept a lie (that Ecstasy/E is more often than not MDMA and that MDMA is an amphetamine) as truth and they somehow made me feel bad for trying to educate them. I purposely avoided describing myself as intelligent, but if you're insinuating that I'm not now knowledgeable on the topic at hand than the people I was arguing with then you're 20 times as autistic as me.
>>
File: 1460593983380.jpg (12 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
1460593983380.jpg
12 KB, 367x202
>me, my brother and my friends are talking about martial arts movies
>they talk about what martial art bruce lee practiced
>say he invented his own, Jeet Kune Do
>they start laughing madly at me
>even now, years later, they keep bringing it up again and laughing

I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT'S SO FUNNY ABOUT THAT
>>
>>28183581
you sound like an omega friend orbiter that would suck everyone's dick for them to not shit on you for 5 minutes.
>>
>>28183725
thanks babe you reminded me to go see if there's a good version of ip man 3 out yet
>>
>>28183043
I can't even imagine what I would do
that would crush me
what was the question?
what level was this?
did you ever talk again?
>>
>>28183032
this

OP sounds extremely autistic

under what circumstances in the real world would you ever need someone to recite the technical name for MDMA

you sperg'd out IRL and they called you out on it. Learn from your mistake and adapt

or just shitpost on r9k idc
>>
Did you butt in on their conversation, and make one of them look foolish?
Serious question, because that would answer all of this.
>>
>>28182832
Pussies, I swear.
>Lol rolling so hard <33333
>two bunk caps bought off some nigger at a massive
>would "prefer" if you smoked outside
Fucking normies had to kill warehouse parties, too. At least they fucked off the goth scene, for now.
>>
>>28183043
>not knowing how herd mentality works
this board really is full of autists, isn't it?

The herd will try to bring you down if it senses you're getting "too big for your britches." If you aspire to something greater than the norm, they will attack you for those aspirations. Similarly, if you achieve much less than the heard, you will also be ridiculed and shamed.

The herd needs members to thrive, and if it senses you're disqualifying yourself from membership, you will be attacked. It's nothing personnel, kiddo
>>
>>28183554
ok well u sound like a complete know it all but if u understand how being "smart" or whatever upsets people why dont u try something else for achange?
>>
>>28183829
This was back in sophomore year history, I don't remember the specific question, but it was basically something like, "who wrote the jungel" and I answered upton sinclair, wasn't that but it was in that ballpark, mundane as shit.
I did actually answer one more question, the teacher had a big projected picture of Mussolini and asked if anyone new who that was and I answered bennito mussolini, then this kid claimed I said Bruce lee after the teacher said I was right, and 2 other faggots agreed with him. I never fucking answered another question all of high school. Those were weird times, I don't was pretty well liked and I actually had bad grades in that particular history class too(never did homework), so I don't know where the hate came from, wasn't like I was upstaging anyone.
>>
>>28183321
Math is hard. It literally makes no sense. It's just making up shit. Math founds itself on bullshit mental gymnastics.
>>
>>28183947
*I don't know why, I was pretty well liked*

Sorry, missed some words there.
>>
The proper answer to your fact would have been
>...Yes.
My only problem with "smart" people is the ones with an undeserved sense of superiority, let's say that girl in junior high that wasn't really smart but was the worst kind of shithead, like she slammed her paper and pencil down and loudly proclaimed "Finished!" During a timed test, or would remind the teacher that there was homework, waving her completed paper noticeably in the air. Usually the kind of girl that would have an equally insufferable friend in the same class, both of whom would always lobby the teacher for partners and group work when it was completely unnecessary.
>>
>>28183907
Funny, you are describing /r9k/ to a t. This board has a strong herd mentality. Anyone who is a "normie" must be hated. If you don't agree that robots are special snowflakes, more intelligent than normies, deserve a gf, and are superior humans in every way except it's society keeping them down... you are not part of the herd amd ostracized.
>>
>>28183966
>Maths makes no sense
Ahahaha
>>
>>28183636
The one missing the point is you. Clearly you are not very intelligent. Yes, sometimes you are right and the others are wrong. But reacting like a 5 year old and throwing a temper tantrum will not help your cause.
>>
>>28183966
Common core, maybe but mathematics anywhere outside of an American public school is completely logical, unless you want to get into super abstract shit like "what are numbers, anyway"...
>>
File: 1460703154987.png (59 KB, 1108x1024) Image search: [Google]
1460703154987.png
59 KB, 1108x1024
>>28183947
>>28183969

I guess some people are just cunts.
That still sucks though bro, sorry.
>>
>>28183966
Literally no sense? Thanks for clarifying that, if you hadn't specified that your statement was literal I would have thought you meant that math makes metaphorically no sense.
>>
>>28183982
Um, we don't welcome normies here nor is this place necessary for someone to succeed Normies have their fucking clubs all over the place. Why is us having one suddenly a problem?
>>
>>28184012
You know, you're being a real smartass right now. This is why you're not cool and why everyone thinks you're a faggot.
>>
>>28182615
It's really interesting t.b.h, normies just do drugs and dont give a fuck about what they are actually consuming, but it's very important and useful to know it, to the point you can even cook a drug yourself like in breaking bad, or knowing what to actually do in case of an overdose, etc.
>>
>>28184016
I mean, I've fucked plenty of girls and don't even have to "just talk to her" like Chad. They come to me and pay for my drinks, like I'm some host in Japan or something. I don't have a problem with the normies reee thing. I'm not going anywhere, but I don't mind the criticism.
>>
File: 1461826303413.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
1461826303413.png
65 KB, 285x276
>>28183998
Thanks man. I have a real problem with excelling, or at least think I'm excelling at something because of those incidents (and a lot more, I started feeling like my life was Larry David sitcom after a while) basically, if I'm good at something, I stop doing it because I don't want others to perceive me as being a pretentious douche. Now I'm paying for underachieving, thanks to how people treated my whole life whenever I (rarely) did better than them.
>>
>>28184047
>I've fucked plenty of girls
>They come to me and pay for my drinks
Just go fuck yourself. You're just here to make yourself feel better about yourself and make believe that you have "depression".

Just FUCK. YOU.
>>
There's no winning with these people. I've been with people who were discussing something trying to figure out what is expected, then when it's time to turn it in and I'm the only one who did it right I'm an asshole for withholding it. The very same people who will get angry at you for knowing what month it is or some other trivial thing that is basic knowledge.

It doesn't matter what you do or don't do. Some people are designated whipping boys. Don't like it?

>Chill dude it's just a joke
>Let's make fun of him for not liking abuse now

I adopted the attitude of I've got mine and even emulated their behavior some to get what I want even at the detriment of others. With time you lose most guilt from it. Just imagine the situation were reversed. That makes it easier.
>>
>>28184052
That's a bummer. It sucks that a few shitty people can make us feel like we've been rejected by the World.
You shouldn't give up on your hobbies and interests. They'll keep you going. Those things are important.
>>
>>28184092
People can have sex and still be depressed, anon.
>>
>>28184016
/r9k/ is a board for everyone. You are wrong in thinking it's some form of special club that does not welcome unvirgins/females/anyone who triggers you.

If you have a problem with that, go to wizchan.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.