[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TV/Movie Lies about High School
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: 145151515.jpg (242 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
145151515.jpg
242 KB, 1024x819
>Jocks are stupid
>Jocks are bullies
>Losers are smart
>There's a strict clique system that all hate each other
>Gay kids have it rough
>>
>Women will love you for your personality
>Looks don't matter
>Everyone will feel love
>>
>>28181902

>There's a strict clique system that all hate each other

This one was pretty accurate pre-Columbine.

Also the gay kids do have a hard time outside of upper-class areas.
>>
>stand up for others and you'll be popular
>high school maters
>the teachers are always right so listen and believe
>those who fuck around the whole time will fail
>teachers are evil
>high school prepares you for college
The one thing they did get right is how everyone else was a side or background character cause I don't talk to any of them anymore.
>>
>>28181984
It all depend if you are in rich people are or poor people area
>>
Just be yourself
Ignore your bullies and they'll go away
The kids who pick on you were touched by their uncle (Biggest lie. Most were just normies asserting their dominance)
>>
>People who mock gays are really gay themselves

this is a big one
>>
>>28181923
>Men will love you for your personality
>Looks don't matter
>Everyone will feel love
>>
As a britfag you watch movies about American high school and expect to see 6'4 chads built like brick shithouses who look about 25 stuffing fags into lockers and stuff but really its just 18 year olds and shit.

In the UK since the drinking age is 18 pretty much all cliques dissolve by 17-18 and everybody knows everyone, most of the retards and shitcunts leave school at 16 and end up in an apprenticeship/the forces
>>
>Classic bullying is widespread

I never saw any real widespread bullying in my Middle or High School. There were a few incidents, people would point/laugh/snicker sometimes, but the daily "beat downs" of nerds by a designated bully never occured
>>
>>28182142
can confirm. i always beat up the gays so that one day they'll snap and columbine my ass. shit's my jam. i dream every night about a gay kid pistol whipping me and asking me to beg for my life. omg. im getting diamnods rightn just thinging about it,
>>
>>28182190
congrats on living a sheltered life. I got beat up everyday by one guy on the bus for 2 years. go fuck yourself normie.
>>
>>28182142
but they are it's been proven. Closet homosexuals compensate by being extremely homophobic
>>28182008
I think it's more a matter of how white your city is. Most people who have a problem with gays are either black or old. It's rare otherwise
>>
>>28181902
Just ignore them or tell a teacher
>>
>>28182008
Maybe, OP here. I live in a middle class New York State suburban neighborhood
>>
No, men love women for their pussy game.
Women love men for the money.
That's why they always call it give and take.

Nonetheless:
>>28181902
>once you grow up you'll be their boss
>>
>eternal friendships are often forged in high school
>Chad is a douche to the betas and doesn't wan them to succeed
>the most popular person in school is always despicable and unlikeable
>goth/alt kids are actually edgy and have issues
>cheerleaders are popular and attractive
>the people who are universally unpopular are so because they're awesome, and not because they're genuinely unlikeable or have serious problems
>>
>>28181902
I hate how movies make it sound like the popular kids are the ones who end up failing in life. Popular kids end up being our future CEOs and politicians. It's the ugly and socially inept who end failing
>>
>>28182216
Eh, I went to high school in a 70% white town in the midwest, there were like 2 openly gay guys in the school and tons of vocal homophobes. I still see anti-gay/trans posts all over facebook. I'd imagine the actual bible belt would be terrible.
>>
File: 1457442046166.png (156 KB, 1023x619) Image search: [Google]
1457442046166.png
156 KB, 1023x619
>loser protag gets dream girl by the end and proves himself to his peers that ostracised him
yeah right
like that's ever gonna happen
>>
>>28181902
>Jocks are bullies
That is true though.

>Gay kids have it rough
I don't know where and when you went to high school but when I went the gay kids were openly shamed and bully. Anyone that was different was bullied.
>>
File: 12456342243.jpg (653 KB, 1279x2658) Image search: [Google]
12456342243.jpg
653 KB, 1279x2658
>>28182157
but they are right, tranny.
>>
File: 1447464761068.jpg (6 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
1447464761068.jpg
6 KB, 233x216
>>28181902
>Grades in HS matter
>>
>teachers are either soft villains or total losers who don't relate with the kids at all
My (3) friends from high school hang out with our former English teacher whenever we're in town. He's one of those rare dudes who can have a good conversation about anything: video games, comics, books, and even sports.
>>
It's fucking hollywood man.

Of course all jocks are bullies, or dumb.

In pretty much all tv shows and comedies, anyone who shows any sort of masculinity is portrayed as a meathead, or a villain. And the heroes are the effeminate "sensitive" guys who get what they want without having to exert themselves.

It's a horrible message to be sending young boys. I don't know whether its a malicious agenda or wish fullfillment by chickenshit californian writers
>>
>>28182411
THIS
WHAT THE FUCK
Some of my best bros in HS played sports, even if they're below average in intelligence they're usually very nice people
>>
>>28182411
uh, masculine dudes don't exactly have it bad in society at large. we're just saying the movies exaggerate the troubles for those of us who didn't grow up playing sports. I suspect the movies portray it this way because that sort of bullying used to actually happen, and they don't pick up on changes. most screenwriters are old white dudes so we never get past the standard 1960s midwestern high school tropes.
>>
>>28182411
THat's because they don't want people like Trump to succeed

You can see it now in millennial media. This generation can't wrap it's head around the fact that someone can be masculine/ alpha and be highly intelligent. And it is extremely damaging to young boys.
>>
>the bullied kid gets a cute girl in the end
>>
>>28181902
When I was growing up gay kids had it super rough. Seeing how poorly they were treated actually stopped my young homophobia.
>>
>>28181902
>>gay kids have it rough
exception: 21 Jump Street
>>
The whole karate kid "fight your bully and he'll back down/ respect you" meme.
>>
>>28182157
that's true though

whether you're a woman or a tranny, no matter how you look, act, etc. there's at least 1000 users of this board alone who would fight to date you
>>
>>28182568
>michael cera: the character
>>
>>28181902
>>Jocks are bullies
Bullies are often athletic as part of their tough guy schtick. Obviously most jocks aren't bullies
>>Gay kids have it rough
They did at my school during the mid 2000s. Most people didn't like gays and nowadays they probably just pretend to accept them.
>>
>>28182216
>but they are it's been proven.
Anecdotal evidence doesn't count.
>>
>>28182142
that's a pretty US centric thing, in the UK there's a lot of legitimate homophobia by straight people. It's almost paradoxical, we never had as bad an attitude towards gays (and other minority/ethnicities such as blacks and pakis, when the US was abusing blacks in the 40s 50s 60s, etc they were openly mingling with whites in the UK and had equal opportunities everywhere) like the US did, so gay people opened up more easily and have done so for years but it has also magnified the negative response. Same for racism, etc.
>>
>>28183791
And what other evidence is there, Your Honorable Smartass?
>>
>>28182276
>eternal friendships are often forged in high school
You bet it's an absolute lie.
>Chad is a douche to the betas and doesn't wan them to succeed
He picks on the weak because they are easy targets. They make themselves vulnerable to him.
>the most popular person in school is always despicable and unlikeable
There is a reason why they're popular.
>goth/alt kids are actually edgy and have issues
They are edgy and have issues but not in a "cool" or "hardcore" way. The average term is mental illness.
>cheerleaders are popular and attractive
As long has the girl has the agility to pull off the moves they let em join. No matter how they are on the social poll and/or how they look.
>the people who are universally unpopular are so because they're awesome, and not because they're genuinely unlikeable or have serious problems
This destroys people's futures when they are hung on the belief that they are special and everyone else is the faggot.
>>
>teachers preferred the nerdy kids over the cool ones
>showers after gym are a thing
>girls get upset and turned off when the guy they like beats the shit out of another guy
>>
>>28182411
>I don't know whether its a malicious agenda or wish fullfillment by chickenshit californian writers
It's both.
>>
File: 2016-04-28-11-13-49--99370148.jpg (13 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-28-11-13-49--99370148.jpg
13 KB, 228x221
>romantic relations born in hs will lead to marriage
>>
>freshman friday
>showering after gym class
>>
>>28183809
There's none. That is the point, Oh-Shit-For-Brains.
>>
>>28182168
>everybody knows everyone
whats drinking got to do with that? I never drank in school. Never was invited to such things.
>>
File: 1423839520565.jpg (40 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
1423839520565.jpg
40 KB, 403x392
>mfw the gay kid was usually the one doing the bullying
Modern schools don't have a strict group of "bullies" but rather everyone takes part in this highschool ritual.
Really there is no "jocks and nerds" just normies and the odd robot, not bullied but completely ignored and ostracised by his piers.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.