[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just think im on the spectrum and is the reason why im a house
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 607x242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 607x242
I just think im on the spectrum and is the reason why im a house hermit/loser/virgin/all robot traits. I need to confirm this. Can a robot with aspergers talk to me on skype so i can see if i have Aspergers. Text chat is useless, voice chat only please.
>>
Knui
>>
>>28179364
Get checked by a psychologist/psychiatrist.

You might, or you might have some mental health issues. I don't think one of us would be able to help identify it.
>>
>>28180152
What this anon said. I thought for a long time I was an autist, but when I actually saw one, I got diagnosed Schizotypal with OCD.
>>
>>28180152
>Get checked by a psychologist/psychiatrist.
Kek. Spoiler: you have it. Everyone who walks through the door has something..

Don't fall in with this cult.
>>
The tell-tale sign is your ability to diagnose emotion and intention in a social situation.

When talking to someone see if you can read someone's emotion using their body language and tone.

Deeper than "they are smiling, they must be happy" or "they are blushing, they must be embarassed." The way their hands move, their posture, shoulders, their tone, pace. There are countless signs.

Infact some psycologists are starting to believe that the spectrum is much smaller than previously thought and that the ability to read others socially is almost more of a sense that people varry in ability with and autism is a much more defined mental disorder.
>>
>>28180152
Already did, got diagnosed with avoidant personality disorder, autism, adhd, depression, but i feel like my psychiatrist is just throwing w/e label he thinks fits.
Its unlikely ill get any autists to help since theyre so shy and reclusive about it but its worth a try posting it here
>>
autisim is a fuckin racket. all those 'doctors' are crooks. run as far away from those hucksters as you can.
>>
>>28180252
Yup. If this stupid meme were around earlier in history, half of the worlds great artists and thinkers would have been drugged into a fog.

fuck all that shit tbqh.
>>
I'm too nervous to talk to you on skype, but I can we can compare some of our traits if you'd like.
>>
>>28180252
What do you think should be done about people who have those developmental issues?

Other than toughen up and so on...a lot of people end up breaking down and not managing it well when they try the toughen up approach.
>>
>>28180291
just get a real hobby assholes. jesus
>>
>>28180291
Okay.
I sleep at 5am and wake up at 4pm
I take hours to finish eating be ause im always fiddling with my ipad while i eat
I find rushing my teeth and showering an effort, it hasnt gotten easier even though i do it everyday

I don't know what else to talk about
>>
>>28180188
Basically this. Psychology is a business like everything else.

No shrink is going to examine you and say "oh hey anon there's nothing wrong with you, you don't really need me" when they can just milk you for money. I've been diagnosed with bipolar, depression, autism and even borderline. It's all bullshit and just because some shrink slaps the label on you doesn't mean it's true.

Asking a shrink if there's something wrong with you would be like asking a barber if you need a haircut. Of course they're going to say yes because that's how they get paid.
>>
>>28180364
I agree that the diagnostic process is flawed. And some psychologists/psychiatrists will diagnose the patient with whatever they think they have.

But suffering in silence doesn't seem like a good idea either.
>>
>>28180312
Sounds like you're describing yourself
>>
>>28180312
there is no such thing as 'normal.

Would Beethoven have written those sympathies if he was on Klonopin? Would Van Gogh have painted those paintings if he was zonked on on Ativan?

'Developmental issues' is some bullshit too. And sometimes suffering is there for as reason. Especialy in adolescence. it's supposed to propel you.
>>
>>28180406
Mental gymnastics

Ffhhg
>>
>>28180347
I hate people who tap on desks and floors
I studder every time I talk along with speaking very silently
I can't make eye contact with people
I agree with brushing my teeth and showering being an effort but I do it to keep up my normie appearances
I'm scared of girls
>>
>>28180400
I am as I have it, but also other people like me.

>>28180406
But you can't deny that the problems can be overwhelming, like the sensroy stuff. And that can lead to maladaptive behavior. Autists have a higher suicide rate. If you just suffer with it, you can end up completely ruining your life anyway.
>>
>>28180457
sensory*
>>
>>28180364
>I've been diagnosed with bipolar, depression, autism and even borderline.
I got in trouble at school and they made me go to a shrink. He diagnosed me as bi-polar within 15 minutes. I'm not. Then he sent me to the psychiatrist and she did her on a scale of 1-5 fake science, and prescribed me Xanax which I promptly sold.

These people are a cult. Even my Dad told me to not listen to a word they say.
>>
>>28180421
I cant figure out if i have autism based on those lists. I dont do much with my life.
Also cooking is an effort
>>
>>28180421
These are banal proclivities and annoyances. They're not symptoms of a disease. Jesus Christ you kids are fucking retarded.
>>
>>28180525
Fuck you fag, I was diagnosed. I really can't think of anything as it's not possible to accurately compare things you've never really experienced.
>>
>>28180525
>>28180545
Well it would be easier for me if i heard one of you talk...
>>
Why is autism, particularly "aspergers" so common nowadays? Same goes for ADHD and bipolar disorder.

Seems like it's easy to call any shy, quiet person an autist. I don't even think doctors factor in things that happened during early childhood i.e abuse, were they raised by a single mother? etc. etc.
>>
>>28180545
Again, retards: THEY DIAGNOSE EVERYONE WHO WALKS THROUGH THE DOOR.

Saying you were 'diagnosed' just makes you an especially gullible mark.
>>
>>28180606
>Why is autism, particularly "aspergers" so common nowadays? Same goes for ADHD and bipolar disorder.
Becauae they're a meme and profitable. Duh.
>>
Op here, pls dont be shy about talking to me on Skype.
Think of it as practice or remind yourself that youll never see me again afterwards anyway
>>
>>28180364
thank you! finally an anon with some sense.
>>
Might as well add my skype details

[email protected]
>>
>>28180629
I was actually diagnosed with assburgers when I was 11 because I was withdrawn from being bullied, and because of my neglectful mother.

Turned out my diagnosis was complete hogwash, went to the doctor about it a few years ago and he said he was positive that I wasn't autistic.

Just seems like it's easy for a psychologist to brand a trendy diagnosis on someone and send them on their way.
>>
>>28180720
what were you later diagnosed with ?
>>
>>28180606
Because retard led is no longer PC and we found something to replace pdd nos

Anyhow o used to be functioning ona. Level worse than chrischan but then I turned 18 stopped the meds , lost 130lbs , starterd to become more selfaware of my defiancies but of course I was still left friendless and with a highly shitty abusive family and snapped.

Now I'm 27 back up 100lbs and on medication but at least this time no anti psychatic bullshit. Just generic ativan and generic cymbalta .

Honestly I hate the medications but I "need". Then. They make me so stupid and lazy but without them I get anxious and shit.
>>
Op don't bother, most people with autism are shy to the point of being cowards, talking on the internet is beyond them
>>
>>28180748
Severe social anxiety, depression and schzoid personality disorder.

I know I have a bunch of other issues too but I have yet to see a doctor about them. I had a fucked up childhood.
>>
>>28180761
I honestly fear mind-altering drugs because I worry that they do more to your person than what is described.
>>
>>28180903
I probably don't have autism then
>>
>>28180945
There are a million other mental illnesses that are similar to high functioning autism. God, mental health care is so fucking shitty.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.