[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: Warning-signs-poster-JPEG.jpg (203 KB, 1086x767) Image search: [Google]
Warning-signs-poster-JPEG.jpg
203 KB, 1086x767
How are you doing today anon?

Why are you depressed?

Are you improving?
>>
I dunno man, I'm worried I might have depression. I fit that entire chart except the tearfulness and restlessness and every time I look up symptoms I seem to match the description.

I know I shouldn't trust online stuff but I know actual depressed people and I seem to fit the bill. I'm just too scared to visit a therapist, worried about what my parents will say. Then again maybe the fact I'm unsure means I don't have it, but I dunno man
>>
My dog got put down, rent is too much, I have a dead end job, and I know I won't get anywhere in life
>>
I am depressed because everything that I look forward to (cool future technology) is so far away and I have to suffer through decades of bullshit. I'm also lonely and I feel as though no amount of socializing will cure me. I can't find any interesting people irl that I am compatible with. What's worse is that those people are also scarce online, and I've basically given up hope of ever meeting an interesting girl. I'm going to die a friendless virgin.
>>
I feel what you might call depression a lot of the time, but at other times I feel fine and to be honest a bit ridiculous for getting upset or anxious at little things. I think I might have a problem but I can't take myself seriously because I know if my friend came and said he was feeling the way I feel I'd tell him to stop being such a narcissist, everyone has issues and you're nothing special. Real men deal with it, women and children complain about things they can't change.

Is this unhealthy? I don't know any different, felt nice just to type this to be honest. Can any anons relate?
>>
I am improving if I consider your pic, OP. Only 7 signs left. I used to have 10+.
The latest and best achievement is that I got rid of my inability to take decisions. The rest is coming soon, I hope.
>>
File: 1461684013137.jpg (16 KB, 540x421) Image search: [Google]
1461684013137.jpg
16 KB, 540x421
>>28170356
Is depression from low dopamine?
>>
File: CdfzOdxUIAA7BSL.jpg (176 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
CdfzOdxUIAA7BSL.jpg
176 KB, 960x1280
>been depressed for nearly 9 years
>probably going to kill myself soon
>psychiatrist suspects i have schizophrenia
>definitely going to kill myself soon

i can't think of how i could possibly get out of this
>>
Recently got a job and hoped things would get better, but i'm feeling worse than ever. Trying to connect with other people seems so hard, i simply can't make others like me.

Suicidal thoughts still floating in my head, but low chance of killing myself. Maybe soon
>>
>>28170356
>How are you doing today anon?
a lot better than yesterday, 3/10
>Why are you depressed?
i am autistic and hate every secound of it
>Are you improving?
there is only one way out...
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 400x290
>>28170705
Why must you remind me of my fate.
>>
File: 0098476328976324.jpg (230 KB, 1086x767) Image search: [Google]
0098476328976324.jpg
230 KB, 1086x767
>>28170356
well, this is certainly original
>>
>>28170677
9 years? Jesus Christ lad

2 years here and I already feel like suicide. How have you gone for so long?
>>
>>28170677
Aw man I think I'm going skitzo too. How old are you? An anon told me once if you get past your early 20s you're basically in the clear.
>>
File: 1440698969594.gif (166 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1440698969594.gif
166 KB, 500x281
>>28170356
I woke up feeling perfect, but that degenerated during the day.

I wish I fucking knew.

My standing in life? Sure. My own mental health? No.
>>
>>28170356
i don't even know any more

i mean i have all want but its not env lajknma nkmtfn. s;jaevpownvpoevwnpwednvpieuvfnpwefinvpiernvoiejvwef cods
>>
Been depressed as long as I can remember, tried to kill myself when I was 10. I suffer from everyone of those warning signs. Its cool though, I have been depressed for so long that it has made me optimistic
>>
I had pretty bad depression a while ago, only symptoms I seem to still have these days are decreased energy, insomnia and changes in mood.

Mostly positive thoughts these days since I started working out at home and can see progress. :) Hang in there guys, it might get better ;)
>>
>>28170356
>How are you doing today anon?
I'm ok, I didn't sleep last night and I'm being forced to go to an employment company today.

>Why are you depressed?
I'm assuming chemical imbalance probably resulting from something environmental. I don't feel like I'm made for this world at all.

>Are you improving?
Not really, my anxiety is getting worse and I either want to starve or binge and give up on life. I feel like if I just loose like 5kgs then I'll be a lot happier, but when I do get down to that weight I know I feel just as bad. There's not really anywhere to go and I feel hopeless and afraid. Probably going to an hero, I have a few times tried but woke up in the hospital. At least I'm not on any psych meds now. I want to do my own research and self medicate from the internet.
>>
>>28170356
I think I have depression but sitautional depression if that's a thing I didn't make up.
>>
>Depressed because no job.
>Depressed because secretly hate irl friends.
>Depressed because no gf.
>Depressed because hate life. Constantly failing at life's demands.
Today really sucks because my attempts at betting myself failed.

Depressed because I can't do anything right. I sometimes blame others but, at night I feel so ashamed for failing to meet the demands of an adult life.

I didn't kill myself so I guess that's an improvement?
>>
>>28170356
I'm doing shit; didn't get out of bed until a few hours ago to eat something.
> no gf, feel like no one cares about me, I mean I scarcely care about me so why should they right? feel like a constant disappointment, slowly coming to the realization that I'm the problem.
Nope, but I might if I finally decide to get my shit together and go to the doctors
Depression sucks man
>>
>>28170356
>Experience 4 of these symptoms
What if i experience all 12 ?
>>
suicidal like everyday. Cant wait to be dead
>>
>>28170356
I'm not depressed anymore. But now I don't know what to do with myself.
>>
Take vitamin D senpai

Dont forget to take vitamin K, A, and magnesium with it or you'll get bad anxiety

feeling better since i've started

you owe it to yourself to at least go and get your vitamins tested. if ur contemplating suicide what reason do you have to fear a little blood drawn.
>>
>>28170356
TFW I fit every one of these warning signs and more.

I just want it to end somehow guys, it's been 5 years. I'm tired.
>>
>>28173049
Anyone here taking zoloft? I just got prescribed.
>>
>>28170356
I'm making a presentation about depression and I just used that pic in mt powerpoint.

Is there something you guys can tell me about depression that I can't find on normie websites? Something that no one knows about except for depressed people?
>>
I thought my depression was gone. It wasn't. Just the urge to kill myself is gone. The rest is still as bad as usually or even worse. And I think I've become even more cynical and bitter.
>>
>>28170356
I've experienced all of these for as long as I can remember.

The pain just makes me stronger.

*tips*
>>
Still feeling like a total shit
>>
>>28170757
I've been depressed for 10 years
I deal with it because I hate the world so much that killing myself would only be a victory for it
So I deal with the multiple times a day thoughts of suicide, so much so that I forget it almost like you can't remember the last exact time you went to the restroom
>>
I'm 27. I've been diagnosed with depression for lit literally as long as I can remember, like 6 or 7 years old. Therapy never helped despite several different ones over the years, meds only made me gain a shitload of weight, and now I'm ready to walk out the door.

I've tried to get better. I've tried all the memes. I'm too far gone. I've been depressed for so long, I have no idea what it's like to be content, let alone happy. I've seen no proof that life gets better, but everyone keeps saying it does. I can only lie to myself for so long, and I'm done.
>>
>>28170356
i have absolutely everything except insomnia because i am too tired from work
help
>>
What should I do with my free time? I usually read, but on the computer I only post on 4chan. There are no YouTube channels that I like to watch besides a select few. I don't like anything on Netflix, don't like TV in general. Whenever I get high and can't read I am at a loss as to what to do. I need something to do here but I can't get into anything..
>>
full on 11/12, now what am I supposed 2 do?
>>
I think I've been severely depressed for at least six years.

Even when I start to feel a little better, I relapse and feel even worse than before.

It's building up. Sometimes I feel so awful that I want to kill myself, and then I'll feel empty to the point of not wanting to bother.

I'm starting to get tired of this.
>>
>>28170356
>fit all 12
>been like this for nearly a decade
>getting worse by the day
>more suicidal than ever before
Won't be long now.
>>
>>28171545
What you want to do when you dead then?
>>
>suspected I had depression since I was 13
>diagnosed a year ago (18 yrs)
>still fill all 12
Should i fucking kill myself?
>>
Depression has turned into a meme. I am sure a lot of people on this board do legit have depression, even severe depression. I hate how normalshits hijacked it though. When you wake up every morning wanting to throw up and cry, when you can't hold food down, when you look at yourself in the mirror 100+ times a day from all angels, when you have a feeling of hopelessness so bad you want to jump out of a window let me know. Until then, you'll get over chad not texting you back right away.
>>
I have all of those signs. Is it possible to starve yourself to death?
>>
>>28176340
Yeah. Gandhi did it, didn't he?
>>
The fuck is this shit?

Doesn't everyone live like this? I've always lived like this, in the OP's image.

I wouldn't say I'm depressed. I just haven't experienced anything to even feel happiness.
>>
File: 1423362564626.jpg (469 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1423362564626.jpg
469 KB, 1920x1080
>>28170656
Is low dopamine from depression?
>>
>>28176476
Yeah, too bad I'm not Gandhi.
>>
>>28176703
If a poo in loo can do it, then so can you, anon. I believe in you.
>>
>>28170356
Hey, I've got all that! Except for appetite and weight loss I'm a disgusting piece of shit.

I'm not doing okay today, the entire last week has felt very surreal and disjointed
>>
>>28176922
I thought Gandhi was british.
>>
>>28170356
>see something similar to this image
>note I match up to most of them (except i'm getting fatter)
>go to doctor
>tell them how I planned to kill myself
>they nose-exhale in amusement
>never go back

Feels ok. Psychology is bullshit.
>>
Is there an actual way to know if you're clinically depressed vs. just perpetually distraught and anxious because you're a failure?
>>
>>28170356
Life is the traverse of a desert brimmed with blistering sand for a finite amount of time expecting to find glorious civilisation only upon realising it to be a mirage in the dance of the sun, but upon the moment you see the road, you glibly run to an oasis that presents you a tropical fountain of water with a lake to swim. You jump from a stone hill into the deep centre, confident that the fresh sea would bring you happiness only your talent for staying afloat fails you and you choose to drown, the road you once thought would help you fades out of memory, you adapt to the endless void until infinite darkness consumes you whole.

Everything that makes us human, and therefore life unique, can be deduced to chemical reactions in the brain, which intrinsically makes living invaluable.

Life is a fuck.
>>
>>28177467

Same thing, pretty much
>>
>>28177374
He was Indian, India was part of the British Empire at the time
>>
File: 1461786413057.jpg (229 KB, 1086x767) Image search: [Google]
1461786413057.jpg
229 KB, 1086x767
>>28170356
R8/H8

Fuck off robot
>>
tbqh I'd like to blame my depression on years of sexual abuse when I was a child but really I'm just a loser without any motivation or talent
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.