[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here enjoys being in the psych ward I loved most of my stays
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: psych.jpg (245 KB, 1000x821) Image search: [Google]
psych.jpg
245 KB, 1000x821
who here enjoys being in the psych ward

I loved most of my stays it was like a vacation from life

also people would actually talk to me even though im weird as fuck so I felt somewhat normal there
>>
>>28170197
Why were you in a psych ward ?
>>
File: unknown-13_2.jpg (155 KB, 652x367) Image search: [Google]
unknown-13_2.jpg
155 KB, 652x367
30% prison 30% daycare 30% hospital

10% denny's

2/10 would not recommend
>>
>>28170230
because I told my psychiatrist I was having suicidal thoughts and I was constantly hearing people talking about me about how they wish I would kill myself
>>
>>28170197
No
They wouldn't let me keep a charger for my phone / laptop, or a lighter for smoking. Had to constantly hunt staff down to get into the charging room or get a lighter and I was real paranoid about them getting stolen. Also super boring and couldn't go get drunk when I wanted to.
>>
i want to have psych ward sex with a crazy qt girl
>>
>>28170267
>because I told my psychiatrist I was having suicidal thoughts

Where the fuck do you live ? That's something I do every month and not even once I was told I could / should go there.
>>
>>28170300
That's how I got in too, so I'm guessing OP is with me in the UK maybe
>>
>>28170300
Cincinnati ohio usa
>>
>>28170197
Sounds like fun, besides the fact that you are force-fed meds that make your dick not work
>>
>>28170338
your only forced to take meds if you have a court order or its an emergency and even then your not eating them they come in the form of a needle in your ass
>>
>>28170296
it could happen go right now tell a doctor you are going to kill yourself
>>
Didn't go to a psych ward but a mental health program. I'm retarded as hell but since I'm high functioning I was probably the smartest guy there and everyone looked up to me. Got a nice schizo gf from there too. 10/10
>>
>>28170571
autism spectrum or something else?
>>
>>28170197
Fucking love it. To get in I always tell them i'm having some sort of trouble and try my least to get my meds changed but it usually happens. Actually getting hit on while I'm in there is a plus. Food served to you three times a day is a plus. Only negative is the nurses act like they hate their job so I try my best not to ask them for much. Usually I just sleep most of the day hoping so qt3.14 who is mixed and has curly hair arrives so I can hit on dat ass.

TL;DR. I use the psych ward as a meet and greet/confidence booster as to not become NEET.
>>
>>28170617
they always want to fuck with your meds when you go in
>>
On what grounds can a person be admitted to a psych ward. I'm really beyond saving at this point in terms of mental health but I know how to hide it
>>
>>28170603
mix of schizo's, bipolar, autism, I probably have autism too but I was there for anxiety. It was a day program.
>>
I loved being I'm the psych ward. Except for the not being able to go online part, it was like my dream life. I didn't have to do anything. Pure bliss
>>
>>28170323
Britfag here. Told 3-4 doctors about suicidal thoughts, none ever suggested an institution. Although I always said I wasn't going to actually attempt it because I didn't want to go.
>>
If you enjoy being a patient at a psyche ward then you do not understand the concept of dignity.
>>
>>28170617
You're the man.

But how have they not caught on to you and tried to kick you out and have you charged for taking advantage of the vulnerable female patients?
>>
>>28170794
just tell a doctor you are hearing voices that tell you to kill yourself and you are going to do it because you cant take it anymore
>>
>>28171162
yeah do this its that easy
>>
I know what you mean

im going back soon
>>
>>28170296
Yeah and catch AIDS, have fun with that
>>
File: 1360572022005.png (17 KB, 872x595) Image search: [Google]
1360572022005.png
17 KB, 872x595
When I was a teen I was in this awesome mental hospital with a park and everything. Besides me there was only one other guy in the kids section. All my friends were girls. I had my first kiss there with my first and only gf, lasted only a week, she was on her period that week so we never banged. Tons of chicks were trying to seduce me all the time, I was a loyal boyfriend though. Last time I saw my ex gf she cried so hard, she knew it would be the last time we saw each other. I want to go back to that time in 2006. Dear god it's been 10 years ago
>>
>>28171944
I know what you mean I was one of 3 guys on my ward and one was gay and the other was always getting the needle in the ass and some quiet time so the girls were scared of him
>>
I went to the bin a few weeks ago it was ok
>>
>>28172671
tell me your loony stories
>>
I absolutely hated my one stint on a psych ward. Granted, my stay was somewhat of a less than pleasant surprise; I had been arrested by the Office of Mental Health at taser point after being ambushed during a therapy session.

All in all, it was a miserable experience. I was coerced into taking drugs that rendered me a zombie, prescribed by doctors who barely spoke English. Although largely friendly, my fellow inmates were unequivocally mad. I'll never forget the genial fellow who regaled me with stories of decapitating his ex-wife with a shovel before running her over with a bus. He still wore a wedding ring, which is kind of sweet when you think about it.

The nurses were wary of me, stealing frightened glances at me out of the corners of their eyes. Chain mesh adorned each window and blood was drawn each morning.

Suffice it to say, when all was said and done and I was cut loose, I was no better for the experience. I avoid therapy now, of course. Liquor serves as my medication now. It may be slowly killing me, but at least I administer it to myself. There is something to be said for that.
>>
>>28173294
what did you talk about in therapy to have your doctors call the police on you
>>
>>28173612
he probably said he was suicidal
>>
>>28173612

Actually, the police weren't called on me. The Office of Mental Health had the right to detain me as I was considered a threat to myself and/or others. I hadn't transgressed any laws, and so law enforcement had no jurisdiction over me. However, law enforcement isn't the only agency that has the power to deprive one of his freedom and clap him in chains.

In all fairness, the doctors who had me detained were doing their due diligence. I originally sought therapy during my heading days before graduating to wizard when I began to suffer from spells of anger when I saw a woman I was attracted to. It was all internalized; it was an affect I did not act out upon nor felt myself capable of acting out upon, and yet it was still quite painful. And so I sought therapy, hoping I could find some way of exorcising those very unwelcome emotions. To my credit, I may have my demons, but they certainly aren't welcome.

So I was arrested, transported to the psych ward in a police car, stripped, drugged and held. In time, I was "cleared" and was cut loose.

Psychiatry and therapy may very well benefit some people. However, I learned in a very immediate and severe way that the mental health system as it is has nothing to offer someone like me. Which, when all is said and done, makes a certain degree of sense.

Doctors treat human beings who live as humans live. The best a freak can hope for is a place behind a pane of glass in some sideshow, and the best a monster can hope for is chains.
>>
>>28173984
I love the way you write and how you express yourself. What else are you doing with this talent of yours?
>>
>>28174098

Well, thank you.

When I was far younger, I had pipe dreams of becoming a writer. However, that never really came to pass.

A lot is written on this board about the miseries of the wizard life and things of that nature. And yet, one of the points so often missed is that it kills your self-confidence. To be rejected on such a fundamental level robs you of hope that you could be accepted in any other way. You grow older and sicker, and in time the dreams all become nightmarish.

So as it stands, I am a humble civil servant whose paycheck is largely dedicated to liquor. In a way, I am doing society a service. I am doing what the doctors sought to do but had no hope of accomplishing: I am clipping my fangs and keeping myself tame.
>>
>>28174203
Well I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you could find the confidence to be pursuing your writing part-time. I think you'd attract a lot of readers.

Bukowski was a civil servant and a functional alcoholic, and he's certainly well loved today.
>>
>>28174203
write a book about being a friendless loser
normies will eat it up best seller all day
>>
>>28174311

Well, I truly do appreciate the vote of confidence. However, as you grow older and sicker, your words inevitably follow suit. All of your gospels become poisonous, and very few people have a stomach for it. Which is right and good. What sane man prefers what is worse?

>>28174669
>write a book about being a friendless loser
>normies will eat it up best seller all day

Not really. Yes, sideshows have never wanted for business and freaks have always been enjoyable to gawk at. And yet, freaks are only fun when they are safely behind glass. The moment the onlookers discern a hint of humanity in the thing they are looking at, they become sad and disgusted. Survivor's guilt and a less sophisticated, and yet far more elemental, sense that the thing before them is a disgrace to the species blots out any possibility of relating to what they see as a fellow person worthy of being related to.

To that point, I've actually had friends. Many of them women. However, I was only acceptable as a friend if they could neuter me in their own minds. I was safe and innocuous. The only difference between a freak and a monster is that latter has fangs.
>>
>>28174311
Bukowski was never a coward though, and fear is the core of the robot condition.
>>
Psych nurse here, that layout sucks. Entrance to seclusion needs to be a big open space so you can wrestle people in easy without get thrown up against walls
>>
Is this covered by insurance? If not, how much does it cost? Would my mother find out? My therapist has brought up the idea to me a few times and desu I'm debating it.
>>
I've only been once. It was worse than the hospital two days before. I slept on a floor mat with no pillow, woke up to flourescent lights and a cold communal shower where they only gave me a small towel to dry off with, and hat to sit in one spot and watch the dark knight rises on loop a half volume until my mom picked me up.

It was pretty bad.
>>
>>28175023
its covered but you still have your deductible to pay

if you live with your mom she will probably notice when you dont come home

mine did

if you live alone she will never know if you dont tell
>>
>>28174978
what do you consider a valid reason to put someone in seclusion

I got put in restraints for 4 hours because I got upset and kicked a door because they would not let me use my cell phone
>>
>>28175110
Anyone that's threatening staff or other patients, or anyone that's so acutely psychotic that they're too unpredictable to have out with the rest of the patients. We don't do it lightly. It requires like an hours worth of paperwork and you need to be able to justify it to the duty doctor and the hospital manager.
>>
>>28174978
whats the most common reason for people in your ward?
>>
>>28175455
40% schizophrenia and bipolar, 30% drug induced psychosis and the rest is like situational crisis, depression, social issues etc
>>
I can agree my loonybin sucked
>>
>>28175759
yeah the whole place is shit
>>
>>28174874
>The only difference between a freak and a monster is that latter has fangs.

See, this sort of thing is brilliant. I hope you at least stick around /r9k/ so we can continue to enjoy your contributions. And from one robot to another, I'm sorry your life didn't turn out better.
>>
>>28176763
>I'm sorry your life didn't turn out better.

As am I, as am I. By the Fates even the gods are cast down, and so on. That's not my line; it's attributable to a far better wizard than I. But it's incredibly apt for men in my position. I may hate Nature, but I'm still her subject. In a way, I envy the figure of Satan. At least he had the possibility of defying God. Sure, he was cast out of Heaven, but at least he was free of the Master he loved and hated so dearly. Hell is where Father God is not, but there is nowhere that Mother Nature is absent. Even those who hate her, and those she hates, have no respite from Her.

>I hope you at least stick around /r9k/

I suspect I will. I have nowhere else to go, and no one to go there with.
>>
>>28170300
Did you not note the part where he said "I was constantly hearing people talking about me about how they wish I would kill myself"?

Doctor probably thought he was schizophrenic and sent him there just in case.
>>
File: image.gif (32 KB, 205x39) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
32 KB, 205x39
>>28170197
>autistic sister has had eating phobia for the past 15 years since teen years
>not anorexic just afraid of eating
>5'3 96lbs
>parents can't force her to eat properly
>tell them to put her in a mental hospital until she's fixed but god forbid it looks bad from other people's views

She can't eat hard food. Always soup, salsa sandwiches or PP&J, ice cream, or slow nibbles of dinner but never finishing it.
>>
>>28177838
Used to have this when I was little after suffocating on an ice cube. It melted so I was fine but yeah it really got buried deep in my subconscious
>>
>>28170197
I would love to go, but I love my guns more.
>>
Psych tech here, I love my little cuckoo birds. Especially the manic ones. I understand they're suffering and I'm compassionate and all that shit, but I thoroughly enjoy talking with them. I get bummed out when they hit them with the haldol or geodon. Even weak sauce like phenobarbital is enough to make a pt less fun.

I think I'm a retard whisperer because I rarely have problems but other staff love to complain or act frustrated. Maybe it's because I'm autist so schizophrenic is just as fucked up as neurotypical to me but generally it's only the ODD and extremely paranoid ones who don't cooperate. Most others you just have to word it right. I am ready to be a nurse already. It's a fun job but pay is shit as a tech.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.