[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have to write bachelors thesis >struggling to start, do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13
File: 1448297172166.jpg (20 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448297172166.jpg
20 KB, 250x250
>Have to write bachelors thesis
>struggling to start, do nothing for months
>last week, keep procrastinating, constantly finding reasons not to work
>Made a plan last night to make it today
>Did nothing again, started drinking whiskey at 13:00
>Semi drink now
>Its due in in 3.5 hours
>welp

Who else /superroyallyfucked/ here?
>>
You think you got problems man?

>have to write a paper about what I ate for breakfast this morning
>needs to be at least 20 words long
>due next winter
/beyondsuperroyallyfucked/ general
>>
>>28169137
I am also procrastinating but you are actually doomed. It's time to give up anon
>>
File: 1447880141315.png (16 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1447880141315.png
16 KB, 300x250
>>28169191
Realising that I am past the point of no return and no longer can influence the outcome feels like a lukewarm wave of relief that just slowly comes over me.
>>
>>28169188
get a load of this fucking normie.

>have to write my name on a piece of pape
>my name is two words long
>due when i need to write my will in 2050

who /ultrabeyondsuperroallyfucked/ up in this nigger?
>>
File: 1373140237138.gif (1 MB, 320x234) Image search: [Google]
1373140237138.gif
1 MB, 320x234
>>28169137
I've officially given up on my master's thesis. It's due in 3 weeks and I've only got the theme and abstract.

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI. Depression is hitting hard again. I ain't got no motivation. My life is going nowhere. My degree is shit and won't help me in finding a job in any way.

Going to have to prolong my studies by another semester... Fuck. Either something big that would give me power and motivation will have to happen or it's bachelor for life for me.
>>
File: 1446868846303.png (979 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446868846303.png
979 KB, 1920x1080
>>28169257
Isn't three weeks like super doable if you just fake results and feign ignorance?
>>
>>28169297
Nah mate, my supervisor would kill me and I could never face her again. She's the head of the department as well. Plus I literally got no motivation. The worst part is I've been a great student for the past 4 years, got both A's on my bachelor's thesis, A on state exams, and helped with organizing various events and conferences etc. for the faculty, so she's putting a lot of faith into me. But I just can't do it. I'm fed up with life, I'm not on track and I haven't been on a track for a long time. I don't enjoy anything anymore.
>>
>>28169380
What's your major? 3 weeks is doable if you've got all results already.
>>
>>28169137
My advice to you is to keep drinking, have a great time for now and forget about that stupid paper.
>>
last exam of my undergrad in 3 hours 10 minutes. Wrote the term paper this morning. Get out of your house, get to the library and just do it faggot. Then quit school because it's clearly not for you. Academia is fucking bullshit anyway. This place is a pit where intellect goes to die.
>>
>>28169218

Until you sober up tomorrow and have a crises that you literally just pissed away an opportunity and will have to retake the class
>>
>>28169851
>Academia is fucking bullshit anyway. This place is a pit where intellect goes to die.
Can confirm. Well, in my case it helped me to further develop my critical thinking skills, but that's about it. The main point of going to uni is networking, whether you like it or not. And yeah, as a robot, I hate it. I can't wait to get the fuck out of there... but I dread becoming a wagecuck as well. I just can't function in this society.
>>
>pop adderall at 11 AM
>FUCK YEAH LET'S DO SOME WORK
>HOLD ON IMMA HIT THIS BOWL FIRST
Now it's 3:30, and I've just been shitposting and chatting with random people on Omegle.

The amount of words I typed about bullshit in those hours could've certainly been utilized better for a paper I need to turn in to graduate.

But fuck it, I had fun, and I've still got a few days.
>>
File: Mel-Gibson-Braveheart.jpg (21 KB, 550x375) Image search: [Google]
Mel-Gibson-Braveheart.jpg
21 KB, 550x375
>>28169981
Yeah. This place turns you into even more of a wagecuck. I studied philosophy, mostly logic and language, and now I can't relate to normies at all and the only half-interesting project I can think of is to go build a cabin in the woods with handtools or something like that. If you have any desire to be free or think creatively, university is not for you. And it gets worse in the higher eschelons. I know profs who went to Oxford for 10 years and are encyclopedias of philosophy but don't even know how to cook a meal, tell a joke, or have any sort of meaningful conversation that doesn't relate to their specific field. Even when you do talk about philosophy with them (substitute any subject for philosophy) they will have no ideas of their own and just spout things they have read about.

Yeah. I used to think that all smart people went to university, but that's not the case at all. Those who follow directions go to university. This place is a prison for the mind where the jailor locks you in a cell with david hume and he rapes you for eternity.
>>
>>28169137
Damn

What will happen if you dont give it in?
>>
File: 1456159596228.jpg (7 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
1456159596228.jpg
7 KB, 240x200
>>28170556
If only I felt something from typing this:
>Won't complete my bachelor's degree, will be delayed for another year
>Already have a 2 year delay, parents have already threatened to cut me off
>They pay my housing and tuition, cannot afford it without them

Not sure how I can manipulate this situation to my advantage, the contrast between me and my siblings is becoming too stark.
>>
>>28169257
anon if you have 3 weeks left it should be doable (painful but doable).

>source: did mine in 3 weeks this included labs (observations, dissection, analysis (PAGE, MS), bioinformatics, stats and then thesis write up. Obviously there was no chance for a review and rewrite from my super but i didn't need it (89%). So stop pissing about and do it, you'll thank yourself later.
>>
>>28170722
>bioinformatics
Whoa found my major in r9k. So what did you do? Mostly interested in the bioinf part but do tell!
>>
File: 1408301735435.png (356 KB, 597x1000) Image search: [Google]
1408301735435.png
356 KB, 597x1000
>>28170619
>the contrast between me and my siblings is becoming too stark

Just remember not to get discouraged by other people's success. Everyone is different and they have no right to judge you by another person's accomplishments or downfalls. Just be your own person, there's time for everything so take your time. I wish I could put this in better words, but English is not my native language. Stay strong anon and remember that you are your own person.

Here's a qt anime girl to cheer you up.
>>
>>28170722
Sorry, but I've already decided I'm not doing it.
>>
File: lookspretty.jpg (71 KB, 449x630) Image search: [Google]
lookspretty.jpg
71 KB, 449x630
>>28170755
i was reviewing ageing and nadh dehydrogenase, seeing what changes occur in the protein between the young and old. then i had to see if the animal studies were in anyway relevant to humans by comparing nadh from each species.

>what i actually did probably isn't all that impressive or difficult considering i had to teach myself everything
>>
>>28170803
anon, don't fuck up next time.
>>
>>28170619
Nigga, college isn't for you. I'm sorry, but a 3rd year fail is a clear sign. Plus think of all the debt you are getting!

Get a job. The choice is endless, learning a trade is one example. In a job you will be contributing to your parents and they won't be disappointed in you, you will be able to enjoy financial freedom and buy whatever you like. And with a job, you will have a boss slapping you about if you are slacking, so depression or not, you will get the work done.

And dude, you have very serious depression. If it makes you unable to complete the thesis, it is more than serious. Consider yourself on the brink of death, and strong sucidial urges may come any minute. You are surviving a battle for your life. You have it tough. Take it easy on yourself, please. Do not force yourself to do something you know will only make you worse. Quit college, go for an easier lifestyle (e.g. a low or medium skilled job). You deserve to do this without shame.
>>
>>28170803
Then go tell your prof you're not doing it. She might be able to motivate you or find some undergrads to 'help' you (aka do most of it for you). Remember she wants this shit done too.
>>
File: 1448481400969.gif (510 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
1448481400969.gif
510 KB, 700x827
>>28170778
Thank you for those words. I want to believe them but I simply cannot. I have had every opportunity a person could wish for. I have loving parents who have supported me emotionally and financially. Apart from being diagnosed with a light form of aspd, my mental and cognitive abilities fall within the normal range. Every time I fail at something I tell myself that it's okay because I have a tested IQ score of 144, just like everyone else on the internet.

The truth is that I have been living a lie, I have always been able to scrape by with minimal effort. Sometimes even scoring A's when I made the effort to suck up to my professors.

But this time apathy finally did me in, I see no path to victory.
>>
>>28169137
just ask for an extension
just say you have food poisoning from some bad sushi or something and ask for a day's extension
if it's such a huge project they should be forgiving
>>
>>28171019
Cool, I saw something similar in a congres a had to attend. You didn't do anything with mouse and running wheels right? How did you compare nadh and what did you find?
>>
>>28171270
And how did you make those funky plots??
>>
>>28169137
You spent your whole life preparing to write words on papers, and you can't even fucking do it? It's undergrad for Christ's sake.
>>
>>28169137
YOu need ritalin or something like that. worked for me
>>
>>28171048
You're probably right. Don't worry about suicide though anon, I have already thought about it a lot and realised I lack the constitution.
>>
>>28171239
I'm actually in the same situation right now. Is there anything you enjoy? A hobby? A topic? Anything you could pursue further?
>>
>get As through middle and high school
> mom was lawyer in home country
> high expectations
> graduate high school but fuck it, school not for me
> work wage cuck jobs for two years
> get cdl
> make almost 1500 bucks every two weeks
Just get your class a robots
>>
>>28169137

Same thing happened with my bachelor's thesis a few weeks ago.

>code fucking up in a million different ways
>no chance in hell I'll get results in time
>thesis already 3 days overdue

I ended up focusing on the theory and methods. As far as results go, I showed that the problem was set up correctly. I spoke to my supervisor who understood and accepted it by offering to complete it over the summer.
>>
>>28171424
>on the road 90% of the time
>no time to watch anime
>will have exhausted all the good podcasts in less than a month
Yeah, nah.
>>
Reading this thread made me glad my bachelors thesis is done.
>>
File: tumblr_m9hkjecxu91qa603i.jpg (35 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m9hkjecxu91qa603i.jpg
35 KB, 500x281
>>28169137
>not finding adderall

top lel
>>
>>28169137
I'm in a similar situation with my master's thesis. Still have a month though and can probably delay another month if needed. I've got some results ready, but can't seem to get started on writing the damn thesis.

Good luck to you.
>>
>>28171270
mine as based on snails, so i had to watch snails move and eat (yup, exciting stuff). i compared protein subunit concentrations (had to find/source my own lab materials/reagents which i though was weird considering others in my group had everything given to them) and protein structure (analysis involved: elc/densitometric, BLAST, FASTX, CLC seq and UCSF Chimera).

Results show there are changes in some subunits but not all (scope of the investigating was blamed) and structural changes occur - net effect is impairment of energy production and therefore cellular function.
>>
>>28169137
something like that I finish as soon as its assigned and never look at it again. feels good to slack off when everyone else is stressing out
>>
File: 765657567575675.jpg (75 KB, 800x365) Image search: [Google]
765657567575675.jpg
75 KB, 800x365
>>28169765
this guy is going places...not college...but places
>>
>>28171625
as to how i learnt to do this - internet (more of a mentor then any of my lectures)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjbTHFJf6FE
>>
>>28171625
Did you get to present this in front of the class? Boring a bunch of normies to death would be fun
>>
>>28170161
you fapped as well
>>
>>28171683
Whoa leddit as fuck jesus christ, you mistyped the url
>>
>start work at a temp warehouse gig
>first job since I left the MIC and dried out
>put things on shelves, take things off shelves, pack things into boxes.
>place is awesome, no yelling, screaming or booms
>Slow, but do well enough, fuck up every so often
>management is totally chill
>they think I'm great and hire me on as a full time employee
>two weeks later
>get a back spasm off the clock
>have light duty note
>no work available meets the restrictions
>if I miss enough time and I get let go
>the most fulfilling job I've had n a decade since I don't have a negative impact on people
>Got an email from some g4s headhunters
>Want to know if I'm interested in attending a hiring seminar in vegas
>all I want to do is pick orders.
>not follow them
>>
>>28171756
presentations were done to the public (open day where all projects were on display). everyone had set up their posters and people would just wonder around the hall looking at them, asking you questions. Some of those people would be examiners who would secretly mark you afterwards.

>i did my poster 3 hours before i had to set up, the queue for the printing room was long that day
>>
>>28171907
what sort of person would walk into the campus to look at posters about slug enzymes?
>>
>>28171424
This was what my next idea was. My dad does it already, and he's got a pretty comfy situation, 3 days a week off, payed time off and vacation time on top of that.
>>
mostly other students (trying to get ideas for when it's their turn in a few years) and parents coming to embarrass their kids. pretty obvious when there is an examiner present because they ask fairly insightful questions.
>>
>>28172090
>>28171943
forgot to quote you.
>>
File: 1458580440110.png (139 KB, 917x871) Image search: [Google]
1458580440110.png
139 KB, 917x871
>>28171424
That seems like a pretty robot tier job. It's not too hard is it?
>>
>>28171048
>Quit college, go for an easier lifestyle (e.g. a low or medium skilled job).

Not that guy, and got through college in 3 years while graduating with honors too, but a low to medium skilled job doesnt allow you to have an easier lifestyle if you're living in poverty and hate doing a routine and mundane job. The only blue collar people I know who are living it up live with their parents. If you're blue collar and on your own, life is probably shit. Most people go to college hoping it will save them from drudgery and poverty.
>>
>>28172377
Lots of people try try live beyond their means though and don't budget well at all. I see a lot of blue collar type people eating fast food at least once a day and renting their whole lives, and that fucks them over.

You can live okay on $35000 or so, which you can make driving a truck as long as you've never had a DUI or anything, but you have to cook for yourself (can be as simple as an electric tea kettle to boil water to cook rice in and some canned beans) and you have to find some place to live in you can buy rather than rent so that you can retire eventually
>>
>>28169137
>>28171239
You're literally me 2 years ago. Only thing left to do for me was to write a thesis, but I procastrinated and screwed up and dropped out. I've been generally unmotivated since age 15.

My advice to you is to come clean with both parents and professor. You can't hide this from either of them. Face the shitstorm they might give you, but be sure to ask them for help.
Uni or family might feel empathy and then advice you to speak with a therapist. With this guy you're going to explore why you lack motivation, and how you're going to get it back. With this guy, you should also (re)think about why you want to work in the field you're studying for. If you don't know why, either find out again or make a switch.

Very important: don't drop out unless you have an alternative besides becoming a NEET. Always have a plan, no matter how simple it is. If you don't, guilt and regret will make you more miserable than ever.

And when you get your shit together a little in a couple of weeks, make sure you regularly inform your family of your progress and share what's on your mind. This is done both to make them trust you and to prevent you from relapsing.

For tonight, just have a drink or go for a walk though. Remember this isn't the end for you OP.

I hope I didn't go too overboard with my advice. I basically shared my own experience and how it played out.
>>
Got 6 days to do mine and haven't started it yet
>>
I'm getting a garbage meme degree, hate college and need to keep a 3.0 to keep a scholarship.

I have 3 semesters after this one

I'm way far too into it to quit yet still far enough away that it will be torture. Wasting years of my youth writing papers I have no interest in

JUST
>>
>>28169257
tell me your degree so i can laugh in your face so i feel better about myself
>>
Will having a Philosophy degree be literally useless or will at least put me ahead of people without college degrees?

It's too late for me to change

Am I legit wasting all my fucking time?

I only went cause parents made me and picked what I thought would be "interesting" since I have 0 math/science skills
>>
>>28174458
It's better than no degree but worse than just about any more practically minded degree (this means anything STEM, business). The good news is I would hire you over an art major for a corporate wage cuck job.
>>
>>28174690

Thanks brotha.

How would you rank it with other meme BA degrees (History, English, Sociology, Psychology, etc.)
>>
>>28169218
I know that feel bro. Its already out of your hands. Just drink reality away
>>
File: image.png (424 KB, 519x903) Image search: [Google]
image.png
424 KB, 519x903
Jesus Christ this is the saddest thread I've seen all day
>>
>>28175087
I'd hire a philosophy major over all those because to me it shows that you picked a major that required at least some thought as opposed to just regurgitating bullshit. Some would argue that modern philosophy consists solely of academics repeating arguments made hundreds of years ago but I'm not so sure.

This is all moot anyway because in my industry (oil and gas) no one gets hired without serious connections or a geology/petroleum engineering degree from a highly ranked university. For an entry level job though where you don't need industry knowledge sure I'd hire you over those other more useless majors.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.