[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are ugly guys so creepy? You never see or hear about an attractive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
Why are ugly guys so creepy? You never see or hear about an attractive man doing creepy shit.
>>
its not creepy if hes good looking
>>
>>28161916
Eh, when I was in high school I was friends with a legit 9/10 Chad who was an actor and really popular and one night we cruised around town following his gf everywhere because he thought she was cheating.
It was 11 at night and we were hidden in the bushes watching her through the windows of a restaurant. Not creepy at all.
>>
>>28161932
That doesn't even make sense at all.
>>
>>28161916

>You never see or hear about an attractive man doing creepy shit.

>attractive

Oh ah eh ah ah oh ah walla walla bing bang oh eh
>>
>>28161935
Sounds like an exciting adventure! Did you at least get to suck his dick?
>>
File: image.jpg (347 KB, 2048x1627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
347 KB, 2048x1627
Read these as if the left (pic related) was talking to you.
Then read these as if the right (pic related) was talking to you.

*you meet eyes from accross the room* *she looks down and smiles*
Cute or creepy?

*you notice her taking a stealth photo of you*
Cute or creepy?

"Anon, I've always thought you were really cute. It's kind of silly since we havnt talked before, but i even have a picture of you on my phone? See? Haha sorry, I just think you're really cute!"
Cute or creepy?

"I can't wait until I see you again! I'll be counting the seconds! :)"
Cute or creepy?

*she follows you home from school/work but maintains enough distance to where you can't totally tell if she's following you specifically or not*
Cute or creepy?

*after talking for a while as friends she wants you to "come over for dinner and meet her parents"*
Cute or creepy?

*you drop her back at her house and she invites you inside for "dessert"*
Cute or creepy?
>>
>>28162056
>*you meet eyes from accross the room* *she looks down and smiles*
Cute.
>*you notice her taking a stealth photo of you*
Creepy.
>"Anon, I've always thought you were really cute. It's kind of silly since we havnt talked before, but i even have a picture of you on my phone? See? Haha sorry, I just think you're really cute!"
Cute
>"I can't wait until I see you again! I'll be counting the seconds! :)"
Cute.
>*she follows you home from school/work but maintains enough distance to where you can't totally tell if she's following you specifically or not*
Creepy.
>*after talking for a while as friends she wants you to "come over for dinner and meet her parents"*
Neither cute nor creepy.
>*you drop her back at her house and she invites you inside for "dessert"*
Neither cute nor creepy.

desu if the girl on the right did any of these things to me I would assume it was a prank at my expense.

I would also date the girl on the left if she was sincerely into me and genuinely kind.
>>
>>28162087

Lol what a loser no wonder you are still a virgin.
>>
File: 1457753004905.jpg (36 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457753004905.jpg
36 KB, 640x640
>late at night
>walk to corner store with an empty 5 gallon water bottle to fill up because tap water here sucks
>2 high school aged girls got to cross walk at the same time as me
>mind my own business but hear the word creep pop up in chatter
>get a little upset that they're mocking me and start pumping throat while waiting for cross walk to activate
>look right at them and burp as hard I can
>they just look at me for a sec and stay quiet
>cross walk comes on and we all go about our business

bet if you roasties were by yourself you wouldn't say shit. It's almost groups of people that say that passive shit at you
>>
>>28162162
I lost my virginity at 15 when I had a girlfriend once.
>>
>>28161916
Because creepy is the pc word for ugly. It allows pretty girls to insult ugly men without appearing bad or loosing social standing.
>>
>>28161946
Welcome to women logic at large.
>>
You guys are fucking idiots. If an attractive guy acts creepy he gets labeled creepy. You guys aren't creeps because you are ugly, you are creeps because you act like creeps.
>>
>>28162226
Thats what you'd like to think but its bullshit
>>
>>28162251
You just refuse to believe the truth. Because it would imply you being a creep is actually your fault. And something you could do something about.
>>
Why is the obvious answer not ITT? is ledyt in full force?
attractive men don't need to be creepy because they have romance and sex practically handed to them, why would they need to act desperate?
>>
>>28162291
You can't do anything about the way you look.
>>
File: 1454114228439.jpg (47 KB, 462x315) Image search: [Google]
1454114228439.jpg
47 KB, 462x315
Creepy master race
>>
creepy behavior is creepy.
Ugly guys arnt automatically creepy just for being ugly.
But a lot of the time, girls don't notice creepy behavior from men who they are attracted to or label those guys as "creeps".
A lot of times creepy behavior is specifically behavior that crosses an established social line. But if you're in to someone, you don't really care if they cross that line. But if you arnt into them, then them crossing that line sends up red flags.

Basically not all ugly dudes are creeps, but all creeps are ugly dudes.
Attractive dudes might act creepy, but are not labeled as such because their physical appearance allows them to act creepy without being labeled as such.

Both attractive men and unattractive men can do creepy things, but ugly men are typically the only ones called out on it
>>
>>28162302
If you're labeled a creep, you're acting creepily. Hot guys can get away with acting creepy- they get a free pass.
But you're still doing actions that are "creepy" if you're being labeled a creep.

Stop doing those actions and they you'll just be "that average dude" instead of "that creep"
>>
>>28162226
Wrong. The behaviors of a good looking person which are tolerated as quirky or cute are at the same time viewed as unacceptable and creepy among those who are ugly. It's a double standard that maybe you're too blind to see in your sheltered life, but it most certainly exists.
I've been handsome and nice, but I've also been mean and ugly so I've seen it for myself. I know the separation in how society treats people far better than most, so don't try to argue with me either, little one.
As to the original point, saying they're going to shoot up a school means that person is mentally unstable, or edgy in a way that goes a little beyond creepy.
You seem quite new and uninformed. I suggest you spend less time making blanket judgements about the people of this place, and more time lurking until you understand things better if you plan to stay.
Now then, I've taken far more of my time replying to this idiotic thread than is probably worth it, but sometimes people need to be set straight. Good night.
>>
>>28162052
I guess you're bitter because you never had a friend or something?
lol
>>
>>28162468
How do I sound bitter? I was just wondering if you ever had the opportunity to suck the dick of your attractive friend
>>
Probably because simply due to their appearance, they become social outcasts, yet they still have all of the exact same desires as any normal person. Due to their position outside of any social circles any interaction with them is unintended and therefore becomes "creepy". Attention and friendship starved, they become desperate like an abandoned mutt and do anything they can for food.
Not really hard to figure out how an entire school of people systematically abusing a person like that could send them down a dark path.
>>
>>28162614
>appearance

Nobody is born a social outcast. It's the result of being a lazy sack of shit, being negative and hating people, etc etc. It's really a matter of choice more than anything.
>>
>>28162625
Did you even go to high school?
>>
>>28161916
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4BZctA--Ss
>>
>>28162650
I have a degree from a uni. Why does it matter? Are you just angry that someone is pointing out an inconvenient truth? That you being a social outcast is more your fault than anything?
>>
>>28162750
You need to realize that many here have social development disorders or mental illnesses that affect their behavior. Nobody chooses the resulting limited capacity for empathy or successful interaction. We all have a measure of choice, whether to be cruel or kind, but you can't deny that the odds are stacked against some people in how well they are able to fit in.
>>
>>28162843
Most robots have self-diagnosed mental illnesses or depression. It's a defense mechanism to try to avoid taking responsibility for their lives.
>>
>>28162959
There are a number of genuine cases here, and if there's a defense mechanism in place, it's triggered mainly by people like yourself who are determined to assess blame against those who are guilty of nothing more than being different.
People are accountable for their own actions, but if you can't wrap your head around the idea that not everyone had the same opportunities, then there's no point in trying to make you see otherwise.
>>
>>28161916
Nice inductive reasoning there bro
>>
>>28163126
>being different

What a stupid claim. Do you really think that's the reason why nobody has respect for an angry sperglord neet living in the basement who thinks he's entitled a gf and society must feed him?
>>
>>28162744
This guy is right on a lot of his points though.
>>
>>28163159
You're being just as selfish. I'll admit they have some odd ideas, but that's the twist to /r9k/ and you need to accept that element or leave. A few weeks ago, those same people had this board all to themselves. They see you as an invader, and you are behaving like one. By going on the attack, all you do is add fuel to the fire.
I've been here a lot longer than most people, and I'm trying to promote positive change by making this place less insular but you're not making that any easier.
You can't expect a section home to the some of most obsessive and unusual personalities anywhere to change for you, overnight.
>>
>>28161916
Apparently I have "serial killer" eyes and I do this thing where I get "too close" to people and talk quietly at them. I'm hot, though so it kind of comes off as intense, girls say.
>>
>>28162625
what the fuck is wrong with you? you dont actually believe this right?
>>
File: uncanny_valley_chart.png (51 KB, 414x330) Image search: [Google]
uncanny_valley_chart.png
51 KB, 414x330
>>28161916
Creepy means something has traits which make it simultaneously threatening and not threatening.

A big fucking angry lion: blatantly threatening
A tiny kitten: not threatening at all
A strange cat staring at you while lying motionless in some long grass: creepy

Things are creepy when they have some traits of normality, and some abnormal traits, this causes the brain to effectively say "There is something not quite right with this person, not enough to scare me into running away, but they do make me feel uneasy"

This is known as the "uncanny valley" and its why realistic robots are creepy: Because they look human in some regards, and unnatural in other regards.

As for why unfit, weakling dudes are more likely to be seen as being creepy and big strong alpha Chads aren't: well, big strong alpha Chads are a lot more like a big fucking angry lion than a kitten.
>>
File: 145227655901.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
145227655901.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>28163445
You believe that you were born a social outcast?

This is one of the reasons girls don't like you.
>>
>>28163498
First of all they do but generally im 'that weird dude' in the group

I have Aspergers, a way higher IQ than is good for me, was conditioned in my youth that I always have to be the best at everything, have clinical depression, and now youre telling me its my fault? Youre a fucking idiot
>>
>>28163548
>was conditioned in my youth

So you weren't born one.

>>28163548
>way higher IQ than is good for me
It doesn't seem that high to be honest

>youre telling me its my fault
Yes. Stop being such a fucking baby. Everyone has problems.
>>
>>28163548
If you have a high IQ, why aren't you using it to put your life together?
>>
>>28162516
No this is just what r9k thinks friends do
friends do that r-right guys?
>>
>>28163572
oh, so you mean i shouldve just fixed it in my youth, got it ,thanks

the point was that some people here cant help being social outcasts

>le funny joke hehe xD rekt
>cliche thats obviously irrelevant

please tell me im stupid again, youre very convincing
>>
>>28161935
>Chad
>actor

pick one
>>
>>28163598
because i (like a very large portion of highly intelligent people) am an underachiever. This is usually attributed to the rigidity of the current school system, its basically one size fits all. I am using it to make music though, and ill probably be able to do that professionally within a year or so.
>>
>>28163624
>oh, so you mean i shouldve just fixed it in my youth, got it ,thanks

It's just a weakness of character. It's like saying some people can't help being thieves. They were born into poverty, their peers stole, daddy didn't have a job. etc. etc. Excuses.

You were weak as a child and you're weak as a manchild still. In what what ways have you tried to not be a "social outcast"?
>>
>>28162843
>muh disorder
>muh mental illness

That shit onto itself is creepy.
>>
>>28163666
lol why do psychologists even exist amirite just man up haha faggot just dont have aspergers
>>
>>28162959
Yep. Thank you. This 100%. Even though the'real' diagnoses are pretty much bullshit too.
>>
>>28163498
One of I'm sure many tbqh.
>>
>mfw chads come onto MY board and try to lecture me about problems they never had
>>
>>28163548
>muh meme diseases
>muh IQ

Yep. Checks out. You're definetly a creep.
>>
>>28162056
It's not cute if she's not cute, but that doesn't mean it's creepy. At the same time taking photos of me and following me home are creepy/unnerving regardless of how hot she is.
>>
>>28163657
>because i (like a very large portion of highly intelligent people) am an underachiever.

Dude, you're just a loser with a big ego.
>>
>>28163752
>yes these are real diseases and iq is a real thing but im willfully ignoring the possibility of it actually being true to make a funny comment Xd
>>
>>28163745
There are also former robots who got better. But naturally you refuse to believe them and say they were not true robots. Anything to avoid taking responsibility for yourself.
>>
>>28163768
It's amazing that this actually has to be explained to these spergs.
>>
>>28163666
Who says we have to justify ourselves to you? Right now you're just shitting up this place by trying to force your beliefs on people when you're clearly the one who does not belong. Your little attempt at a raid will not accomplish anything, and on /r9k/ you are the social outcast. Go back to Facebook.
>666 get
See? Evil bitch.
>>
>>28163770
never said im not a loser, doesnt mean its my fault for not fitting the default type of student
>>
>>28163657
If you have very high intelligence, how can you be an underachiever? If you were really intelligent you should have had no trouble building a brilliant future for yourself. What gives?
>>
>>28163774
Real diseases. Kek. I could get 'diagnosed' with any of that bullshit before lunch if I felt like it.

And referencing your IQ is a straight up sperg/creep move.
>>
>>28163795
>le I did badly in school because I'm too smart for school meme
>>
>>28163795
Of course it's your fault. That and your shity parent(s) for enabling this purile bullshit.
>>
>>28163804
not being able to follow classical education because i get bored to death, got kicked from school and now because of the schools i went to im unable to go to university, im just focusing on music
>>
>>28163804
He's a delusional loser, doing anything to avoid taking responsibility for the shame of his situation.
>>
>>28163815
>if some people who said it lied, everybody who says it has to be lying, never mind the fact that a large portion of highly intelligent people is underachieving because of this
>>
>>28163842
>are underachieving

Work on your grammar genius.
>>
>>28163745
>>28163793
>muh safespaece
>>
that i have a successful future ahead of me doesnt mean im not a social outcast

>tfw i actually have to explain this
>>
>>28163752
>>28163770
>>28163787
>>28163804
>>28163809
>>28163815
>>>/facebook/
>your post is too low in contet
>meanwhile these normie posts are considered acceptable """content""" fuck the robot
>>
>>28163853
>large portion is

english isnt even my native language you idiot
>>
>>28162625
Those "choices" usually derive from early and continuous negative feedback from their peers. It is legitimately harder for some people to get on with others not because they just arbitrarily decided to be a dickhead but because they were conditioned into it.
>>
>>28163842
Highly intelligent people will always find ways to be successful. That you couldn't even finish high school tells us that you just aren't as smart as you think.

I know one guy like you in real life. He is also delusional about being superintelligent. He once explained to me that he read a book on string theory in a day and now understands it all. Turns out he didn't know jack shit (I study physics, he didn't know that part).

He's a neet living with his parents.
>>
>>28161932
>>28161947
>>28162198
>Not creepy if guy is attractive meme
I am pretty sick of this meme. Girl's only find is creepy if you behave in an odd way. If you behave confidently no one will call you creepy, even if you're an ugly bag of shit.

>>28162177
>"I burped at them!"
>"I am alpha!"
They probably weren't even talking about you but even if they were you proved their point.
>>
>>28163854
>muh get-out-of-your-comfort-zone
Normies spend all their life in their safespace. The only difference is that theirs is normal and socially acceptable.
>>
>>28163897
You cant be serious. Every single intelligent person on this planet is successful, if theyre not they are apparently not intelligent. Did I miss a joke or something?
>>
>>28163874
With an IQ as large as yours, I'm surprised you don't speak 10 languages fluently.

Yet somehow you're a broke dick manboy who no women will touch.

It's just stupefying tbqh.
>>
>>28163854
You are not an instrument of social change. You're just a confused child trying to force your way into a circle you've shown nothing but disdain for. Get lost.
>>
>>28163921
We call that safe space 'reality'.
>>
>>28163946
Where does it say this board is for delusional manboy creeps?
>>
>>28163937
Woah, so angry! Are you that humiliated?
>>
>>28163930
There is a strong correlation between intelligence and success. And while intelligence doesn't guarantee success, it's pretty much impossible for an extremely intelligent person to end up as a high school dropout with no prospects for the future.
>>
>>28163970
Where does it say this board is for normies?
>>
>>28163981
It doesn't. It's an open discourse sperg boy.
>>
File: 1443393189173.png (422 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
1443393189173.png
422 KB, 665x662
>>28163946
>>28163921
I was just calling you guys a bunch of Tumblr-tier faggots, complaining about how differing views make you sad.

And not everyone enjoys being an outcast or loser, or whatever, that's why there are so many threads here asking how to change their life, how to commit suicide.

I've probably been on this board longer than you so maybe you should stop shitting it up with your neverending autism and self-pity.
>>
>>28162625
Lol this guy is completely retarded
>>
>>28163874
It's not mine either. And I wouldn't make such elementary mistakes. Study it a bit harder, English is seriously easy.
>>
File: 1423286725181.jpg (100 KB, 376x1000) Image search: [Google]
1423286725181.jpg
100 KB, 376x1000
I'm a super genius guys. I just can't figure out how to get good grades, friends, money or women. But muh IQ is off the charts.
>>
>>28163976
A simple google search shows that about 19% of highschool dropouts are gifted.
>>
>>28164025
Tell us how you were born a social outcast, and how no matter what you would do, you would remain one.
>>
>>28164045
My post was gramatically correct, and even if it wasnt, itd be stupid to argue over such trivial things.
>>
>>28163827
get the fuck outta here with that shit, you're a loser until you make it and have some proof of your achievement.
>>
>>28163976
What the fuck does intelligent even mean? If you've figured out a way to earn millions of dollars, regardless of how, doesn't that mean you're intelligent on some level?
>>
>>28164071
It wasn't. Still being an arrogant neckbeard even after you where corrected is pretty creepy though.
>>
>>28164058
>Muh nonsense statistics

You believe this bullshit and somehow academia isn't for you?

Kek
>>
>>28163970
/r9k/ has always been for people who are social misfits of some sort. You can't seem to accept that reality, so you expect everyone else to be just like you. It's not going to happen. There are plenty of other spaces on the Internet for people like you, even right here on 4chan. This is no one's exclusive domain, but clearly you do not mesh with the people here, which actually makes the criticisms you level at those whom you identify as social outcasts rich with irony.
Your attempt to eject what you see as an undesirable element or to win the hearts and minds of those who post here will fail because you are not like us. You are a newfag, a normie, and this is not your board. Leave.
>>
>>28163648
Hate to break it too you but all celebrities are chads anon
>>
>>28164101
>a large portion of highly intelligent people is underachieving

seems accurate to me
>>
>>28164076
What the obvious measures of success are IQ, rhetoric, meme diseases, and good boy points.

Monetary, professional and/or romantic success are for pleb normies.
>>
>>28164121
Great post! Very well explained, well done research, great reasoning!
>>
>>28164124
How about this: fuck off faggot.
>>
>>28164132
Kek. Celeberty is almost impossibly rare.

IRL 'actors' are incredibly stupid and/or fags.
>>
>>28164163
That's the best you can come up with, is it? Somebody's mad. What's the matter? Not allowed to sit with the popular kids anymore at school? Come back when you grow up.
>>
>>28163899
>I am pretty sick of this meme.
Are you attractive or a woman? How would you know?
>>
>>28164076
I told you I havent had my breakthrough yet, but I have put out some music on Darkstepwarrior, BlackoutMusicNL is interested in me, and my stuff is regularly played at fairly big parties. If I make 2-3 tunes slightly better than what Ive done so far Ill have my real breakthrough

...but thats not really relevant
>>
>>28164158
The word'gifted' onto itself is subjective.

That you believe that statistic is scientific or has any bearing on the real world is hilarious.
>>
>>28163976
This is a big citation needed, a "strong correlation" has never been established. It makes sense. I think there is a slight one.
>>
>>28164200
The 130+ measure has been used. Again, how the fuck is that relevant anyway?
>>
File: Laughing-Frog-Meme-07.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Frog-Meme-07.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>28164198
Kek. Not smart enough to know you won't be making a living through music.

>my real breakthrough

Staaap. You're killing me.
>>
>>28164215
Puhleeze. You should go back to school. Huckster academia would be a good fit.
>>
>>28164058
Such a vague statement and unsourced number is meaningless.
>>
>>28164223
Because professional musicians dont exist?
>>
>>28164240
It doesn't matter anyway.

In this world you have to show and prove. ie: achievments.

Dwelling on your intelligence removed from any kind of achievement is straight up insufferable arrogant loser shit.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5 KB, 259x194
Its hard not to be creepy at some points in your life. Girls are impossible and its scary to have to initiate everything.
>>
>>28164254
In 2016? Very few and far between. Perhaps your mega-brain can comprehend probability? And most of the ones that do don't make the living you think they do.
>>
>>28162959
>Diagnosed BPD
>TFW having a doctor's note to be a manipulative fuck

I honestly wish that meds worked for me.
>>
>>28164254
Keep at it anon, I hope you make it. Sounds like you're doing pretty well for the pre-signed phase of your career. Don't quit. Any chance you could point me to your stuff? I'd like to listen to music made by a fellow robot. I'll trade you my soundcloud for it?
>>
>>28164254
because for every professional musician there are 10,000 waiting on their 'break through'
>>
>>28162056
right

>*you meet eyes from accross the room* *she looks down and smiles*
cute

>*you notice her taking a stealth photo of you*
creepy

>"Anon, I've always thought you were really cute. It's kind of silly since we havnt talked before, but i even have a picture of you on my phone? See? Haha sorry, I just think you're really cute!"
creepy

>"I can't wait until I see you again! I'll be counting the seconds! :)"
creepy

>*she follows you home from school/work but maintains enough distance to where you can't totally tell if she's following you specifically or not*
creepy

>*after talking for a while as friends she wants you to "come over for dinner and meet her parents"*
creepy

>*you drop her back at her house and she invites you inside for "dessert"*
Cute
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
>>28164254
>trying to make a living at something people will do for free
>thinks he's gifted
>>
>>28164302
More like 1,000,000.

I live in Brooklyn.They wash up here like silt.

Most of the ones who "make it" where from wealthy families to start with.

It's an illusion, and if you can't see through it, you're not as smart as you think you are.
>>
>>28164292
Perhaps my definition of success isnt 'having a lot of money'?

Your probability thing doesnt work. Jusf because the chance of something happening is small, doesnt mean itll 'never happen'. Also not many of the people youre talking about got promoted through a channel with 100k+ subs.

All entirely besides the point and I wont be replying to stupid shit any more
>>
https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://nces.ed.gov/pubs90/90464.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjmpJ3T7K7MAhWmA8AKHfihAEUQFggvMAI&usg=AFQjCNHoTgz2HUz9rrheYf_nnhVeZ8FxKg&sig2=9SKly4s2fEffREJ7PpBZIg
>>
>>28164378
Let me more clear. Nigga, you have a better chance of winning the lottery.
>>
>>28164350
I'm not that anon, but I am sitting in a cafe in Bushwick right now. There are loads of "musicians" here, sure, but I feel like r9k is projecting their dumb shit onto this musicbro. Just because he isn't on the radio doesn't mean he hasn't made it, I know people who no ones fucking heard of that make enough money just from dropping their own albums and acting as a producer for other people in the area to live a comfy life. You don't need to chase a stupid pop bid to make it as a musician. As usual, r9k has a textbook "understanding" of something and beats their lack of experience with anything into any anon who actually decides to try and do shit.

Post your originale artwork, faggots. Musicbro is on his way to comfy living if he keeps gettin gud.

(Assuming his music isn't shit)
>>
>>28164378
Probability is simply the odds. Smarten up anon.

>promoted through a sub

Kek. You can't be this wet behind the ears.
>>
>>28164414
Lived in Williamsburg for the last 20 years.

99% don't make it.

Even some of the guys you think 'made it' are still tending bar and waiting tables and they're pushing 40.
>>
>>28164301
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeKR3enOU04

not good enough but very close
>>
>>28164435

>IF YOURE NOT ON THE MTV AWARDS WITH MILEY YOURE NOT A REAL MUSICIAN
>success = exposure to normans
>success has nothing to do with the cohesion of musicbro's body of work
>there is no stratigraphy to the typology of success in any industry

You can't be this xx , Anon. How's undergrad school in a sub stem field treating you?
>>
>>28164435
>just because not a lot of people make it, you will also not make it xD

who needs to smarten up?
>>
>>28164475
Grow up. It's going to happen anyway.

You need money for kids. You need money for a mortgage. Hell, you need money for stability.

As you get older you're going to realize that idealism is not an acceptable substitute for living hand to mouth.
>>
File: 3709141-9531121918-Misog.jpg (114 KB, 1092x910) Image search: [Google]
3709141-9531121918-Misog.jpg
114 KB, 1092x910
>If your life is shit its 100% your fault because you're lazy ;^)

Normies will never have the balls to admit their lives are good because they were lucky, huh?
Well, whatever
>>
>>28164495
Are you a young nog dreaming of the NBA? You can't be this blind. It's impossible.
>>
>>28164462

>Williamsburg
Hahaha holy shit just because you know beard oiling Nu male faggots with their artisanal bicycles who deejay some shitty authentic villiamsbhurg bars that are still bussing tables on the weekend, doesn't mean there aren't serious indie musicians who make enough money producing WELL to fund their own albums by 25, brother.
>>
>>28164531
You're an idiot. Williamsburg is mostly millionaires these days. Your goofball stereotype is at least a decade out of date.

Fund own album. Kek. That's a couple of g's these days (at most).
>>
>>28164528
this thread has derailed terribly, where did all these stupid people come from
>>
>>28164556
90% of recording studios in NYC went out of business. How ignorant are these kids?
>>
>>28164513
>>28164513
>kids
>wife
>muh ideals are a boy's charge
>defeatist standpoint, the post
Keep post ratting the following two things, norman:
1. You were never good enough, yourself
2. Paying money to consume other people's escapism because you never figured out how to escape

Loving every laugh, anon. Do you love your kids too?
>>
>>28164580
Losers with big egos, and woefully little real world experience.
>>
>>28164556
>he thinks I said anything about wealth
>he thinks successful indie musicians are Bigfoot
>he lives in Williamsburg
>he shits on indie musicians from his 20-years-in-Williamsburg-pro-credentials

Anon... Stop posting my dude.
>>
>>28164598
Not a musician. But you're out of your mind.
>>
File: 5ZAe42zN_400x400.jpg (39 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
5ZAe42zN_400x400.jpg
39 KB, 316x316
>>28164598
>good enough

Thinks showbiz is a meritocracy.
>>
>>28164624
Yeah good luck dude. Enjoy food service.
>>
>>28164595
Indie. The people I know who are successful enough to pay their rent and be comfy have spent the last ten years accruing the equipment to build elaborate home recording studios. Now they act as producers for other musicians, and effectively rent out the space and their tech skills.

Is r9k's understanding of the music industry really 20 years old? Jesus Christ do you still listen to the radio too?
>>
>>28164523
Yea, it was all luck. I was given two master's degrees by pure luck. I made my way through the corporate ladder into a comfy position purely by luck. Absolutely zero to do with hard work and determination. It was all handed to me without me lifting a finger. I just got lucky.
>>
>>28164523
It doesn't seem like it, but I don't feel any better for handing them their walking papers. Do you suppose it's possible that we could take more responsibility for our own situations? I mean, after a time does it become too easy to blame things on mental illness, on society, on everyone but ourselves? She might have had a point, but was too immature to make it in a polite or well-spoken way.
>>
>>28164647
Dude. Recording studios cost more in the 1970s then they do today. Home recording has been around forever too.

Even fucking indie is an antiquated term, because everyone is indie now.

Your the one whose understanding of the music 'industry' is 20 years old.
>>
The fuck are you guys talking about? I just sit behind my laptop and create stuff, put it out on labels and Ill make the money from playing at parties. Here in Holland there are plenty of parties anyway, its not that hard to make enough money off of that if you put out quality stuff. Who needs studios anyway.
>>
>>28164699
Kek. A DJ i know who has been doing that in Berlin for the last 10 years, asked me if I could get him a job the other day.

38 years old and I doubt he has 5k to his name. Smh.
>>
>>28164698
>>28164646
>>28164636
>>28164610

All these unaccomplished faggots. Keep typing in the comment section of other people's work. See you Monday morning, kiddos
>>
File: Unrestrained Female sexuality.jpg (1 MB, 1478x6221) Image search: [Google]
Unrestrained Female sexuality.jpg
1 MB, 1478x6221
>>28161946
of course it doesnt
>>
>>28164723
Good for you. Why does it matter?
>>
Kek. The creeps actually need to be told that music isn't a viable career choice, and yet on the other hand believe actual success is luck.

Pure creep behavior.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (58 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
58 KB, 500x200
Govt gives grants to musicians in my country. There are bands that no one likes last ten years + because the govt funds their lives.
>>
>>28164795
Canada? If so, it's not much $.
>>
File: 1420049594902.png (127 KB, 438x444) Image search: [Google]
1420049594902.png
127 KB, 438x444
>>28162744
>brings up good points
>quotes the Bybull

You expect me take this guy seriously?
>>
>>28163648
Most actors are Chad, you stupid idiot
>>
>>28164888
Most actors are needy faggy deadbeats.

.01% of actors are famous.

Smarten up anon.
>>
>>28164683
>muh corporate ladder!

And yet here you are posting on a board for autistic shut-ins. Success!
>>
>>28164936

Someone who is into acting in high school will not have had their dreams crushed yet so is still capable of being a chad.
>>
>>28164683
unless you started from Walmart jeans and autism shoes yeah you got lucky
>>
>>28164683
>born in a 1st world nation into a middle class family
luck plays a bigger role than you're willing to admit, faggot.
>>
>>28165670
>a board for autistic shut-ins.
It's not. What gave you that idea? All sorts of posters are on /r9k/.

>>28165833
So explain how I got lucky? Was I given the degrees as part of a lottery? Did I also win a nice job at another lottery? Anyone do the same without lifting a finger, right?
>>
>>28165905
>doesn't realize that most robots are born in a 1st world nation into a middle class family
>>
>>28165908
most of the posters here started at square 1 you did not

you got lucky
>>
>Why are ugly guys so creepy? You never see or hear about an attractive man doing creepy shit.
Ted Bundy
>most charming guy ever
>creepy murderer rapist

your point is invalid
>>
>>28166153
How did I not start at square one? Was I born with the degrees and career?
>>
>>28166153
>most of the posters here started at square 1 you did not
Kek. PuHleeze. Little nog babys in Africa start at square 1.
>>
>>28165908
Were you born with autism? Do you have real, diagnosed depression? Did you skip multiple classes in elementary school so you are disconnected from your age group? Are you a 2/10 male?
>>
>>28166333
Do you have any other excuses?
>>
>>28166333
>autism
>depression

Very few robots actually have those.
>>
>>28166341
>Haha Nigga How The Fuck Is Autism Real Like Nigga Talk To People Nigga Just Make Friends Haha
>>
>>28164752
Why do people date white women again? They're all highly unstable neurotic whores
>>
>>28166371
Plenty of high functioning retards anon. Even people with Downs can manage to have friends. You're just a failed normie.
>>
>>28166333
>Do you have real, diagnosed depression?
REAL
E
A
L

These anon's deserve their misery.
>>
>>28161916
>Asian kid
Lel
>>
>>28166333
I have actual diagnosed autism. Half of the motherfuckers on this website have NOTHING wrong with them but complain anyway
>>
>>28166434
i can only speak for myself. Point being, some people are simply born/conditioned in their youth to become social outcasts
>>
>>28166434
>I have actual diagnosed autism.
Kek. I could have 'actual' 'diagnosed' autisim by lunch if I wanted to.

Stop falling for memes.
>>
>>28166490
sorry dude i didnt know you were an expert neurologist and psychologist who is preparing to write an essay about autism, that the fact that they lack mirror neurons is just a 'meme' and they should just stop being faggots

please enlighten me
>>
>>28166490
In other words, there is nothing wrong with you. Any other excuses?
>>
>>28166490
Yeah go tell my doctor counseler and neurologist that.
Its not like I'm getting NEETbux I thought I was normal until they told me to calm down and broke the news. You think I want to be autistic?
>>
>>28166565
you are so fucking delusional that you are willing to deny the existence of actual conditions just to fit your own 'everything is possible with the right attitude' rethoric
>>
>>28166568
kek.

>muh counselor

And then the ultimate (imagined) trump card for you frauds

>muh neurologist

There is nothing physically wrong with you. I could actually get 'diagnosed' with autism today if I felt like it. It would be easy. I do not have autisim.

Now, grow up. No one is going to give you the sympathy reserved for people with actual serious illnesses.
>>
>>28166618
>actual conditions
.actual conditions

Wake up gullible dipshits.

The entire mental health industry is a fucking racket.
>>
>>28166639
do your fucking research idiot
>>
>>28166658
>Wake up gullible dipshits.
they haven't figured out yet, that if you think there is something wrong with you, it won't be long until someone agrees with you and takes your money.
>>
>>28166658
>being this retarded

schizophrenia is also just a meme and people who have it should just man up lmao
>>
File: 1461326334462.jpg (289 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
1461326334462.jpg
289 KB, 1242x2208
>>28161916
>asian kid

lmfao
>>
>>28166695
>muh schizophernia

Always the same thing with you anons. You want to compare drooling retards to your sorry ass who has no friends because you're a miserable arrogant asshole looking for excuses.
>>
>>28162959
Yeah, the 8 pills I take every morning are just for the lolz
>>
>>28166721
AHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THIS

schizophrenia is a meme, it doesnt exist and if the voices in your head tell you to kill someone its because youre an arrogant asshole looking for excuses.

Couldnt make this shit up.
>>
>>28166752
>comparing schizophrenia to social anxiety
>>
>>28162625

Actual female here, I wouldnt give manlets any time of my day, and if they keep insisting I call police and, or my male friends.
>>
>>28166748
kek. I got prescribed Klonopin and threw it away. It's a joke. I had to go to the therapist because I got in trouble at school.

Those quacks are a fucking cult.
>>
>>28162056

attractive girl can do anything and she won't be 'creepy'

maybe she'll be clingly, maybe she'll be annoying or weird, but she's not "creepy"

creepy is reserved to unattractive individuals who act in socially abnormal/weird/annoying/unusual/disliked ways
>>
>>28166762
So do you admit that mental health issues exist or not? A couple comments ago it was one big meme? I could go to a doctor and fake schizophrenia too, does that mean its not real?
>>
>>28166773
>Actual female
FUCK OFF WHORE

>>28166778
>counselor
You have to be 18 and older to post on 4chan
>>
>>28166748
>8 pills
EIGHT
I
G
H
T

I love when the marks double down on the nonsense in an attempt to show how super serial their meme condition is.
>>
>>28166773
Bait. Or if not, you are fat.
>>
The only people ITT saying mental illness and creepiness are not real are the same normalfags you see in the face r8 threads and fmbot feels.
Fuck off my board
>>
Mental health is totally subjective.

>mfw been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, ocd, assburgers, adhd and bipolar by different doctors
>>
>>28166829
>I love muh echo chamber
>>
>>28166847
>>mfw been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, ocd, assburgers, adhd and bipolar by different doctors
Kek. First of all 'Doctors'. And if you haven't figured it out yet, they diagnose everyone who walks through the door.
>>
>>28166810
>Actual male
COCK OR GTFO
>>
File: 1413164622043.jpg (648 KB, 1002x2289) Image search: [Google]
1413164622043.jpg
648 KB, 1002x2289
>>28161916
>Why are ugly guys so creepy? You never see or hear about an attractive man doing creepy shit.

hmm...
>>
>>28166905
>stalking and assault

And these spergs wonder why women think they're creeps.
>>
>>28166924
Nope.
I know fembot whores like you that run off and marry the same Chad's that raped them and broke their bones, gave them black eyees, and stole their money
>>
File: image.jpg (324 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
324 KB, 1280x1280
>>28161916
>hybristophilia
All these guys got thousands of "love letters" even though they were literal serial killers.
Since they were good looking, they were just looked at as a bit quirky and interesting by women, rather than creepy or sick fucks
>>
>>28161916
>You never see or hear about an attractive man doing creepy shit.
Because when attractive men are aggressive or possessive, it's seen as desirable. How is this hard to understand?

In the animal kingdom you see it all the time in pair bonding species. Males will compete for rights over a female's reproductive value, and she'll pick one and deny the others. Animals don't have the ability to put into words why they deny someone, but humans do, and we use words like "ugly" and "creepy", which are basically just expressions for "undesirable and unfit to mate"

>>28163899
>If you behave confidently no one will call you creepy, even if you're an ugly bag of shit.

In a purely social context, sure, but if you behave in an aggressively romantic or sexual way as an ugly bag of shit, you're creepy.
>>
>>28167008
>women would rather spend hours writing letters to and driving hundreds of miles for cannibals, rapists, and serial killers
>the moment I step in the room they become physically ill
>>
>>28167008
manson also got thousands of letters, and he was a 5 foot tall uggo manlet.

it has very little to do with looks. women like fame, and some of them are willing to sacrifice their morality for a shot at leeching off someone infamous.

the recently deceased Prince was the same. 5 foot tall uggo manlet who had millions of female admirers because of fame.
>>
>>28167115
Prince was not ugly.
He was an enigmatic artist beloved by every one.
He was androgynous, yet women still flocked to him
>>
>>28166967
Yeah pretty much this. It's like if a robot was propositioned by a 9/10 bitchy girl and a 2/10 but lovely inside girl (parallel universe obviously). Biology is harsh. Woman want the high testosterone like how if given the choice you'd puck the 9/10. It might even be subconscious and you'll make some fucked reasons to justify it.
>>
>>28162516
People are so hostile here, right?
>>
File: 2836.jpg (47 KB, 619x372) Image search: [Google]
2836.jpg
47 KB, 619x372
>>28167129
prince was ugly af, son. don't kid yourself.
>>
>>28167115
>Manson
>ugly
It was the 60s and that was what was hot.

>Prince
>ugly
What?

Also, using fame as a defense for women only makes them look worse, not better lol. The same thing with money. They don't really care about the person or morality, they are willing to be with literal murderers if he is good looking or rich/famous
>>
File: 1458748757049-a.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458748757049-a.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
>>28164254
Even if you don't get that huge break, you can still make a living and play out/tour.

It's much more obtainable than you think.
>>
>>28167152
Bruh, he had an excellent jawline, smooth skin, good hair, and sexy eyes. No homo, but he's hot af . With his looks and fame, it still surprises me the dude is 5'2
>>
>>28167259
Kek. It's almost completely unattainable. Most touring musicians make under 20k a year.
>>
>>28167149
Anger is all robots have to keep them going.
>>
File: 1416530501923.png (33 KB, 576x454) Image search: [Google]
1416530501923.png
33 KB, 576x454
>>28167129
he was a 4 foot tall faggot with AIDS who was used by Jews in the 1980's to push androgynous as being attractive to help pussify men.
>>
>>28164683
You were born with the means to attend and succeed at college.

Everything EVERYTHING in this world is based on luck. Your genetics, the quality of your upbringing, all of it is up for chance.
>>
>>28166357
>Tfw diagnosed Aspie
>Tfw diagnosed depression

You were saying?
>>
>>28167743
Kek. They diagnose everyone who walks through the door sucker.
>>
>>28167713
Luck, the last lament of the pathetic loser.
>>
>>28166762
>>28166809
>BLOWN THE FUCK OUTED
>>
>>28167827
Yes, you were the master of your own fate. You designed your own genetic makeup and interviewed various parents before settling on the ones you got. You ensured you would be born in the first world. You ensured you would be granted the money you need to get started.

Face it, there is no such thing as a "self made man." You are doing nothing but playing the easy cards you were dealt.
>>
>>28167833
i think he realized because he never replied to it, just kept on spamming the same shit

pretty sure hes trolling actually
>>
>>28167859
You are posting on a Cambodian sockpuppet forum. You have a computer or phone and access to the internet. You're more privileged than 90% of the world's population.

You got lucky at birth. You have no room to complain about anything. If you're a failure at life, it's purely your own doing.
>>
>>28167859
Yeah sure dick. My diet is luck. 6 days a week at the gym are luck. No one gave me shit. I started out at minimum wage. You're a lazy arrogant blowhard making ecxuses for your sorry ass life.
>>
>>28167983
I also have no gf, am alienated by my own people, and want to die.
I'll take being a third worlder.

>>28167995
Actually yes, your genetics determine how well you build up your body. Some people can lift hard for months and not look like it even with perfect diet.
>>
It's amazing that guys who sit in their mom's house all day eating garbage, playing vidya, masturbating, and pontificating about their super serial (diagnosed) meme illnesses, never get lucky.

Funny how that works.
>>
>>28161916
because creepy and ugly are synonyms
>>
>>28167811
>diagnosed by specialist at centre for children with autism at 14 over 10 year ago
>diagnosed with depression some 4 years ago after extensive tests and dr visits

Ok, sucker.
>>
>>28168010
>no gf
Why don't you go out and get one?
>alienated by my own people
Why? What did you do?
>want to die
Suit yourself.
> Some people can lift hard for months and not look like it even with perfect diet.
That's what you have done? You have gone to the gym and worked out hard for months while maintaining a perfect diet?
>>
>>28168010
>Some people can lift hard for months and not look like it even with perfect diet.

Nigga please. Do you believe in the Easter Bunny too?
>>
>>28168064
Everyone gets diagnosed you mark. It's like every exterminator finds evidence of pests.

How gullible are you?
>>
>>28168066
No, I got results. But it doesn't mean shit because unlike retard /fit/norms having muscles doesn't really improve your life.

Why did you even bring it up? Picking up heavy pieces of metal and not eating sugar isn't hard.
>>
This is the most successful troll thread I have ever seen. They knew exactly how to press our buttons. Somebody must really be wanking it by now.
>>
>>28161946
Do you not remember the picture of that prison inmate who got released and thousands of girls said they would date him.

If you are attractive you can get away with more. If an attractive guy asked out ten girls, lets say like ugly disabled girls, then other girls will say he's cute or heroic or just wants them to feel happy. If an ugly dude does it he looks desperate and perverted.
>>
>>28168087

I know people are getting over diagnosed these days, but I'll take what I've been told by professionals after repeated appointments and tests.

It explains a lot, anyway.
>>
>>28168100
>But it doesn't mean shit because unlike retard /fit/norms having muscles doesn't really improve your life.

Of course it does you ridiculous neckbeard.
>>
>>28168047
>not understanding cause and effect
>>
>>28168131
We know you buy into the cult anon. You want to believe your ill.
>>
>>28168150

You must buy into the cult too, seeing as you're diagnosed too.
>>
apparently

schizophrenia is a meme, it doesnt exist and if the voices in your head tell you to kill someone its because youre an arrogant asshole looking for excuses. Dont believe the cult, mental health issues dont exist.
>>
>>28168132
If your life is improved by getting jacked you never actually had problems to start with.
>>
>>28161916

Attractive guys have the advantage of having been creeped on themselves.
I've had dozens of weird texts and messages through facebook/phone from fat ugly chicks accusing me of being an asshole because I won't fuck them.
I've been approached, groped and catcalled by men and women alike so I have some perspective.

Women and gays are easy to shake off though, dating guys must suck.
>>
>>28168182
My school made me go to a therapist when I got in trouble once.

Got 'diagnosed' and prescribed meme pills.

Total fucking joke.
>>
>>28168195
Everyone's life is improved with physical fitness.

Grow up you pompous manboy.
>>
Fuck off, ugly guys are only seen as creepy because you're all judgemental
>>
>>28168132
the improvement is minimal, its not worth the effort. hurr durr i get girls now, if tfw no girlfriend is your only problem, you re retarded anyway.
>>
>>28168293
Well, mine wasn't. Life didn't suddenly improve because I could pick up heavy bars.
So there.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.