[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does someone who's gong to be 26 in a month with no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15
File: 25.jpg (57 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
57 KB, 550x366
How does someone who's gong to be 26 in a month with no prior work experience pull one of the greatest comebacks ever?
>>
Win the lottery I guess
>>
>>28158679

This

It's too late, man
>>
>>28158653
by accepting and embracing defeat
>>
>>28158653
Wasnt that Mercer guy 26?
You know, the guy that autismoed out and doomed this board.
>>
>>28158653
Reset button.

You can always push it. But you have to want very much.
>>
>>28158653
Convert to Hinduism and kill yourself, maybe you can be reincarnated as a tape worm.
>>
>>28158653
>jus b urself!

Yea idk if you haven't figured it out by now there's not much hope. But you have nothing to lose in trying, there is that. I guess its your choice what to do.
>>
>26
>No work experience
>Comeback

You can't go come back from nothing.
>>
File: 1457073857376.png (229 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1457073857376.png
229 KB, 848x480
>mfw 27 in sept and no work experience

Actually getting nightmares every couple of nights because of it.

When I told my therapist, she said "You should be getting nightmares, I'd be getting nightmares, too".

All I can do is kek, now.
>>
>>28158653
Government jobs. I started my comeback at 25 as a grade 3. Now I am pay grade 5.
>>
>>28158653
>Obtain a useful degree
>Do volunteer work at some charitable bullshit for at least 3 months
>Do volunteer work at a place with a skill set transferable to your ideal job for 3 - 6 months
>Support yourself however possible during this period. I assume you live with mommy and/or daddy so this shouldn't be an issue
>Work hard when you're in these volunteer positions. Yes, I know it suck to work for free
>Apply to desired occupations with a solid degree, work history and references
>???
>Profit!!!
>>
>>28158797

>having a therapist

I hope your parents aren't paying for a glorified priest to hear your troubles.
>>
>>28158653 (OP)
By being a convincing liar. I doubt they look too closely on your resume nor call through all the bosses you claim to have had if you apply McDonalds.
There, real work exp you can list in your cv. Maybe you'll get to be like that janitor in scrubs someday even.
>>
>>28158653
have you tried the government if you are american? they dont even require an interview for the low ranking jobs just pass a background check with no criminal history
>>
File: 1414630622653.gif (339 KB, 423x386) Image search: [Google]
1414630622653.gif
339 KB, 423x386
>26
>never had a fulltime job
>have a temp job interview tomorrow
>have a GOOD job interview the day after

I want that good job so bad, senpaitachi. It would literally solve all of my fucking problems, but I'm pretty sure I'm not even qualified, and have no idea why they want me to come back for another interview after I fucked up the first one. I DO NOT have the skills to succeed at this job, I DO NOT know what the fuck I'm doing, I AM probably very fucked.

Please, Satan, guide my career.
>>
>>28158920
just trust in chaika
>>
Was 30. Old high school friend hooked it up with a good job. Went from 9 dollars to 19.50.

Just ask around. You don't need a degree or none of that shit. Just the willingness to learn on the job and make mr sheckleberg his money
>>
>tfw gf is almost 17
>28
why
>>
I'm no expert but I think you need to lie, never admit the truth about your past, tell people you had a disabled son you had to take care of but he died recently
>>
File: 1453937020415.jpg (10 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1453937020415.jpg
10 KB, 238x250
>>28158905

Are you kidding right now?

Like, are you actually, seriously fucking kidding? Are you an American? Low-ranking government jobs in the US are MUCH harder to get than low-ranking jobs anywhere else. Not to mention there are less of them.

OP, I worked retail for years, and my hiring manager literally told me she'd hire ANYONE who came to their interview on time.

Go work retail.
>>
>>28158920
what job is the good one
>>
>>28158653
College..
I just turned 26 in March, still living at home with my dad and I'm a junior working towards an accounting degree.
Went to a job fair my college held last month & they were literally handing out internships and entry level jobs for pregrad and graduates.

If you have no education or trade skills at 26, I think you're pretty shit out of luck desu..
There's always Devry
>>
File: animalman57.jpg (67 KB, 400x621) Image search: [Google]
animalman57.jpg
67 KB, 400x621
>>28158679
First post best post as always.
25+ is a time of reflection where your pride in your accomplishments keeps you sane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbQmImWo3I
>>
>>28158843
>Working for free.

OP minus well become a janitor.
>>
>>28158971
>retail
>having to deal with normies all day
My anxiety wouldn't be able to handle it
>>
File: 1461343085259.jpg (38 KB, 372x378) Image search: [Google]
1461343085259.jpg
38 KB, 372x378
>>28158992

Some accounting related shit.

I don't know shit about accounting. I took some classes on them in college and almost failed them. The only classes I had trouble with at all, actually.
>>
80's style workout montage
>>
File: 1425415297328.jpg (647 KB, 1500x1250) Image search: [Google]
1425415297328.jpg
647 KB, 1500x1250
>>28159024

Your other options are night-time warehouse work or restaurant work.

Most everything else requires some basic credentialing or education. You have to pick a starter class in the shitty entry-level trio (retail, warehouse, food service).
>>
Why does reflecting on all the years wasted hurt so much? Normalfags get to reflect on their past relationships and college days. we have nothing to reflect on but staring at screens because we have no friends to do things with
>>
File: 1423537563509.jpg (111 KB, 549x720) Image search: [Google]
1423537563509.jpg
111 KB, 549x720
>>28159223

I went to and graduated from college, and I've still never even kissed a girl, and I still have no job. It's lowered my opinion of myself dramatically, and I wish I'd never bothered. All I got in exchange is a lot of debt.
>>
File: jew advice.png (198 KB, 1364x1358) Image search: [Google]
jew advice.png
198 KB, 1364x1358
If you're getting into the working world at 25, you're gonna be playing catchup for awhile, but you're gonna make it. Retirement isn't until 65 senpai. Get busy.
>>
>>28158653

Write the next greatest YA novel series.
>>
>>28159022
>minus well become a janitor.
>minus well

Maybe? It's a job. As for more desirable jobs why should any employer take a risk on him when he hasn't shown a willingness to work?
>>
Lie about your experience. All of it.
>>
>>28159388
I would be a janitor in real life if they hollowed me to wear full hazmat gear
>>
Purchase a handgun. Go to nearest Wagecuck Dispositioning Facility and request a job while waving the gun around.

>Any job you want
>500k starting
>>
File: 1361853843688.gif (984 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1361853843688.gif
984 KB, 480x360
>>28158971
Try getting a good job in South Louisiana
>Apply for any job besides monolithic retailer
>They will ALWAYS take some Merle Dixon/Patti Labelle over you because they don't want their Cajun clientele to question the cultural authenticity of their establishment when they're confronted with properly-enunciated repartee.

I managed to get a job at one of these retailers and not a day goes by where someone doesn't say "Yer not frum around hee-arr, orr yuu?"
>>
>>28159413
HAZMAT is the advanced class of janitor. HAZMAT is usually hiring too. You just have to get the certifications they want and pass their safety courses. The shit they deal with is really dangerous so don't take it if you expect simple floor mopping with a suit on.
>>
>>28158653
Join the military in a non combat branch and get work experience and some kind of social network.
>>
I'm 21 and I have a first class degree in history. I don't have a car and I live in a shit area so there are no jobs. I either have to work at McDonalds or a crisp factory. I've been putting of getting a job for months but my parents are losing patience :(
>>
I'm 28 with no work experience, but I have 2 degrees, speak 6 languages and I'm an amazing singer, so I don't feel hopeless by any means. I just really, really need to get disciplined and stop procrastinating constantly. And learn to be confident in myself, somehow.
>>
>>28159504
Why do people still get history degrees?
>>
>>28159561
I just like history. It is completely useless for getting a job outside of teaching though.
>>
>>28159589
can't you TA or write or research or some shit?
>>
>>28158653
>how
by starting where you stopped developing, and taking it slow. by 40 you should have your first real job. there's literally no way you're going to enjoy your life anymore, but you had an easy 25 years so you can't complain.
>>
>>28159623
I would need at least a Masters Degree for that I think. And I don't want to get in any more debt. Even then it's no guarantee of work.
>>
>>28159666

If you've fucked up that much, is there really any sense in trying to do anything? Wouldn't he better off enjoying the NEET life until it's no long feasible and then just killing himself?
>>
Real answer is stop being a fucking pussy OP. Inb4 blathering rationalizing why you're such a pussy and how it's okay.
>>
File: a sad.png (286 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
a sad.png
286 KB, 500x497
>>28159742
>Real answer is stop being a fucking pussy OP
How
>>
>>28158653
Temp agencies will hire anyone because the jobs are a pain in the ass and are low-pay. Just lie about some experience, make up a business or use one that closed down.
Keep applying to other places while you work there and "monkey bar" your way up to better opportunities. If you're normalfag enough you might even come across a boss that likes you and promotes you.

Or you could buy a gun and do us all proud.
(26 year old virgin failure here)

>>28158797
>she
Fucking moron
Don't go to a female therapist
>>
>>28158653
Just to complain for a second, the McDonalds and the Winn-Dixie here constantly have "help wanted". When I go in to apply and ask for an application, they think I'm retarded and tell me to go online. So I do, and all it does is send my application to each location in the area.
Meanwhile, they hire and fire black people constantly. I'm white, I want to work, give me a chance, these darkies obviously aren't working out. It's an entry level job, you don't have a problem with hiring and firing somebody else, let me get a little experience, god damn.
>>
>>28159700
that's up to you, little guy. but i see dozens of homeless people every day who were just like you once.
>>
>>28158653
For starters, I suggest you don't waste your time with retail or foodservice. You don't have the interpersonal skills or patience to succeed at them, and neither of them are good jobs, especially for men.

I recommend starting out doing construction labor, landscaping, or something like that. Labor jobs pay better than Wendy's and you'll get some good exercise.

Take control of your finances. The minute you start earning a paycheck, make a budget to go along with it. Track your spending, and set aside a bit every time you get paid. Set financial goals for yourself, in terms of saving money.

After you've got a bit of grunt work under your belt, take some time to develop your skillset. You could go to vocational school while you work, or you could try to work your way up the professional ladder in whatever field you're in. This part is really up to you. Above all else, find ways to make yourself valuable to the people who pay you.

This is all going to be tough, and I feel for you, because it would have been much easier had you started earlier. I think you're capable of making a change, and you had better think so too.

Related to the topic at hand, this board is obviously full of lost, confused young guys who, instead of helping each other out, just alternate between antagonizing one another and circle-jerking about how much life sucks. All of you are capable of better.
>>
>>28159758
There's no good answer. The answer is to "stop" doing it. Stop not doing things because you're afraid. Phrased in a better way, do things that you know you have to do to live the life you want regardless of your fear of failure/anxiety/incompetence etc.

If you really try I think you'll feel better about yourself.
>>
File: u1381077898936.jpg (55 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
u1381077898936.jpg
55 KB, 800x600
>>28159808
There are still Winn Dixie's?
>>
>>28159758
Stop giving a shit about what others think of you. You might fall into an self-centered hell though, so say goodbye to creating meaningful relationships.
>>
File: watch the world burn.jpg (33 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
watch the world burn.jpg
33 KB, 400x384
>>28160006
>say goodbye to creating meaningful relationships

I never had any. I want to get off my ass and be something
>>
File: 1432786617926.jpg (163 KB, 970x738) Image search: [Google]
1432786617926.jpg
163 KB, 970x738
>>28159835
Don't listen to this man, construction and tradesman shit is the perfect way to find yourself stung into a coma by wasps.
>Plumbing
Stung by wasps under the foundation and in the basement. The sheer panic leaves you covered in disease-ridden shit AND stung.
>Electrician
Stung by wasps behind partitions and near outdoor light fixtures. Getting swarmed at the top of a telephone pole, sounds fun to you?
>Automotive
Wasps LOVE cars. Wasps are always seen crawling behind the rear-view mirror, under the seats, under the hood, building nests in fucked-up places.
>Construction
Wasps setting up nest foundations in any lumber or shingles you leave untouched for a day. Dig into the ground with a backhoe and WHAM, you hit a yellow jacket nest. Yellow jackets are the number one wasp construction workers hate dealing with because they do not quit stinging and they enjoy doing it.

Take my word for it, retail might not be glorious, but at least you can rely on the janitor to sacrifice himself to the wasp queen when she demands a man's heart to survive the winter in hell
>>
>>28158797
I start getting getting nightmares and lose all confidence after a few weeks. How do y'all do it?
>>
breed to produce consumers that create debt that demand labor to produce capital to fulfill that debt
>>
File: 1461709982633.jpg (33 KB, 298x470) Image search: [Google]
1461709982633.jpg
33 KB, 298x470
>>28158653
by rerolling
>>
I'm working my way up a little bit, I just got my drivers license so now I can maybe do some basic shit like drive a van/pick up truck. Apparently I've got to have a year of clean driving before I can be considered for delivering pizza.
>>
Make up a resume dude
>>
Has anyone gotten out of this at 25+? tell me your story
>>
I haven't worked in a year and I'm about to turn 27, I'm going to community college this year so I think that will help me.

I lie on my resume constantly and that's how I've gotten jobs but I can't stretch a 2 month job into a year without people finding out.
>>
>>28158653
Just tell them you were in a coma for the last 8 years
>>
>>28160181
I'm tutoring at university while studying for doctorate
>>
I think the problem with a lot of rawbots is the fail to acknowledge the world for what it is: a sick, cruel place, a joke. they cling to a childlike view of the world. look at "normies" around you, they're pretty much all self-centered sociopaths, no exceptions
>>
>>28158797
>You should be getting nightmares, I'd be getting nightmares, too".
That is honestly a 2spooky thing to say to someone
>>
>>28160764
I know plenty of "normies", and most of them aren't sociopaths. Some of them even care about me personally.
>>
>>28158653
>Study TEFL
>teach English to little Asian kids
>>
>>28161635
Not an option for those that don't have an undergraduate degree anymore for most countries.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.