[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw just applying for jobs online gives you panic attacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13
File: 1450793966519.jpg (36 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
1450793966519.jpg
36 KB, 482x427
>tfw just applying for jobs online gives you panic attacks
>>
Is it possible it really possible to reach this level?
>>
>>28153351
my gf hates this post
>>
>>28153351
>tfw reading a thread about applying for jobs online gives you panic attack
>>
Panic attacks because of the process or panic attacks because you're afraid to work?
>>
>>28153351
it's because you intuitively understand that you are beginning the process of suicide by a million cuts

enjoy the ride down
>>
>>28153351
>turned 18 this year
>basically dropped out of high school
>NEET mode atm

Gonna hijack the thread; what are some good jobs for a NEET robot to look into? I don't want it to be too involved or social; simple manual labor would be ideal.
>>
>>28154736

>Cleaning, Porter, Trade work if you have the skill, Night shift stockist, Window cleaning / lawn mowing / babysitting (if you don't mind kids)

just a few
>>
>>28154811
Shit dude, thanks. Gonna save this somewhere.
>>
>>28154736
OP here
I'm almost 23 and have never had a job

I'm just trying to get any shitty job but I'm literally at rock bottom and have really bad social anxiety
>>
File: xOasShD.jpg (353 KB, 2048x1447) Image search: [Google]
xOasShD.jpg
353 KB, 2048x1447
>>28153351
I know this feel and many more like it.

I used to be unable to make a phone call. I literally could not do it. If it was something very important I'd try my best to but I'd hang up either while the phone was still ringing, as soon as the other person picked up or after about 5 seconds of the other person saying 'hello?' while I sat frozen in terror.

I couldn't handle going outside or talking to anyone other than my dad or brother.

I'm totally rid of social anxiety now but fuck me those were 7 tough years.

>>28154736
If you live in a place where the award rate for cleaning is high, do that. The award rate for it where I live is about $23 an hour (AUD).

It's comfy as fuck work which is super easy. If you're doing commercial cleaning you'll never see anyone else while you work. If it's domestic, some clients might be home sometimes but all of my clients are super nice people. You just listen to an audiobook/podcast/music while doing easy menial labour.

If you have some small amount of entrepreneurial spirit and the market in your area is right for it, you could even be a sole trader doing it and you'll make a LOT more (probably after you get a bit of experience and can put up a front of knowing what you're doing).

I own a small franchise business which at the moment has no employees and my rate is $55 - $70 an hour, depending on a few things. Absolutely sickening amount of money for just cleaning houses.
>>
>>28154736
>>28154811
Also can recommend night shift stockist. My step brother who's pretty robot does it and actually seems to enjoy it.

There's just something about physical labour that's good for the soul, anon. I dunno.
>>
>>28154979
how'd you get over your anxiety?
>>
>>28155054
Should I just go Craigslist or is there a better route?
>>
If you're over 20 with no job experience, good fucking luck. They're going to ask what have you been doing all this time then proceed to laugh at your face.
>>
>>28155144
this, i even went to a temp agency where their job is to find me a job and they laughed
>>
>>28155144
I don't understand why this is even a thing. Why does an easy as fuck job that a retard could do need experience or care about what you've been doing?
>>
File: rzul.jpg (87 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
rzul.jpg
87 KB, 500x484
>>28153351

I know that feel famicom. I am just not made for living in this world.
>>
>>28155144
Is being in college full-time then dropping out an okay excuse?
>>
>tfw general anxiety
>convinced that I have cancer
>every cough is cancer
>every muscle pain is cancer
>checking my lymph nodes every few hours and trying to decide if they are swollen
>>
>>28155080
I'm still not entirely sure. I think that to cure yourself of mental illness like that (I had severe depression also) it takes a total change in mindset. I was on meds for years and they certainly helped stabilize my mood and alleviate my crippling fear of people a bit (e.g. I could sometimes go down to the shop to buy food while on meds. I'd be terrified the whole time but I could do it sometimes on a good day. When I wasn't on meds there's no way I could even leave the house) but medication only can't fix deep underlying mental illness.

For me, it was a long process of realizing that the world sucks and I'm just going to carve out an enjoyable life for myself despite that. It's easy to say something like that but it can take years to fully internalize and for it to help at all.

Specifically regarding social anxiety?

Once I fixed my mindset I made a plan with the aim to achieve goals. I think goals and plans are important and help you to stay on track. My goal was to be comfortable in all social situations. My plan began with forcing myself into social situations on a daily basis. I'd force myself to make small talk with the cashier instead of awkwardly staring at my shoes and mumbling thank you. I'd force myself to reply to people on normiebook when they asked 'hey man how are you haven't seen you in years' and to actually follow up and meet them. I'd force myself to really engage in conversation with people instead of just listening.

All of this can only really happen once you're ready and there's no way I could've fixed myself before that point. It's really hard to dig your way out of because after being that way for years it's not only social anxiety you're fighting against but also total social ineptitude after not talking to fucking anyone for so long.

I'm just blogposting now so I'll shut up but gl with it.
>>
>>28155105
My step brother basically just cold approached places and gave them his resume (which was a meme tier one as he'd never worked before).

Apparently cold approaching, especially for low level work, works very well. It puts a face to the name and shows them you have some level of motivation - just makes you stand out a bit.
>>
>>28155451
I want to do this but it will also cause me massive anxiety to the point I might not be able to talk.
My anxiety works in very strange ways. Say if I'm out in public, I can actually behave pretty normally in situations that would otherwise cause me anxiety, because they aren't pre planned and I feel like I have control.
But if I tell myself "tomorrow I will go here and do this" it gives me insane anxiety.
>>
>>28155535
Being terrified of things that are planned means you probably fear failure way more than you should. If you plan something and fuck it up then you failed and it's horrible... but if something happens more organically and naturally it's easier to feel comfortable because since you didn't plan and put effort of thought into it, if it goes poorly it's not really a 'failure'.

Fear of failure is very common and literally the only way to get over it is to first accept that everyone fails, that failure is essential and that failure helps you learn and become a better person. Secondly you need to go out there and fail and you'll find out it's not so bad after all.
>>
>>28155535
not him but have you tried just rehearsing what you will say and do?
>>
>>28155451
Lol did your step brother graduate fucking high-school? My resume wouldn't be meme-tier; it would be non-existent. I'm not handing them a piece of paper describing the sparse likable components of my personality.
>>
>>28155684
This makes it 100 times worse. I have the least anxiety when I behave organically. If I rehearse something I get obsessed about it and when I say it I sound like a malfunctioning robot.

>>28155682
This is probably true. I have a lot of extremely perfectionist tendencies. I guess I'd rather not do something at all, than fail. Which is why I'm like this. I'm also extremely sensitive to criticism which has been a pitfall of mine.
>>
File: 1413180422749.png (22 KB, 530x444) Image search: [Google]
1413180422749.png
22 KB, 530x444
>get email from employer
>"We regret to inform you..."
>>
>>28155762
Everyone has to start some where I once got a job saying I was a born again christian, lol I saw the employer had a cross, was gonna say catholic, but then I wouldn't have been able to bullshit that as easy.
>>
>>28153351
I'm at a software company for 2 years, they're going to cut me soon and I been job hunting for about 5 months now and still didn't get accepted to a job.

> tfw fell for software meme
Holy fuck my life is going to end.
>>
>>28155190
because enough people are looking for jobs that they can

from their perspective, why hire a pathetic loser neet when you can hire a hardworking student?
>>
>>28155848
You have any diplomas? A GED? I have zilch. Fuck, this is getting bad lmao, why are people so picky about whom they hire to move their fucking boxes.
>>
File: 1363314622001.jpg (94 KB, 563x563) Image search: [Google]
1363314622001.jpg
94 KB, 563x563
Are there any STEM college grads here?

How long did it take after graduation for you to get a job?
>>
>>28155783
Hmm that makes sense, and that could explain why my phone interviews turn to shit when something unexpected comes up next time I'll just go with the flow instead of rehearsing it.
>>
>finally finish master's degree
>can't even get a job in a warehouse now because I'm 'overqualified' and they think I'm gonna leave ASAP

sooooo, welfare it is?
>>
>>28155890
Well then it's civilization's fault.

100 years ago I'd be able to get a job in 10 minutes by walking down main street without a resume. Overpopulation and bullshit red tape is something out of my control.
>>
File: no more frog.jpg (8 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
no more frog.jpg
8 KB, 316x202
>>28153351
ERROR Mandatory fields not completed:
>References
>Facebook profile
>LinkedIn page
>other social media presence
>>
>>28155144
21 with no work experience here, plus horrible social anxiety
nowhere will hire me, and the few interviews I had were so awful, the people were so disrespectful to me
I'm too fragile for this world
>>
File: 1459975898449.gif (971 KB, 270x252) Image search: [Google]
1459975898449.gif
971 KB, 270x252
>>28153351
I used to be until I fucking did it so much it didn't matter anymore.

I applied to over 150 jobs this past month by the way. I've got tons of cover of letter templates and revised my resume hundreds of times over this past year.

And yet I still have no job
>>
>>28156029
Good lord, this is frightening
>>
>>28156058
What are you applying for?

POTUS?
>>
>>28156036
The people interviewing you have been blue pilled and indoctrinated into this world to the extreme. The way they think it not indicative of reality just remember that. Their job is to literally judge you based on a few very meaningless, dehumanizing things.
>>
>>28153351
try online work
You can do one of those customer service or english tutoring jobs
>>
File: 1460928563551.jpg (127 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
1460928563551.jpg
127 KB, 385x385
>>28156014
i agree it's pretty bullshit, and it's only going to get worse with automation

the future does not look good for people like us
>>
File: 1461721355156.jpg (26 KB, 215x365) Image search: [Google]
1461721355156.jpg
26 KB, 215x365
>>28156082
Entry level software engineer. I have gotten 4 phone interviews this month but none of them got me further than that.

I'm not too autistic but I don't have the technical skills to back it up.
>>
>>28155783
Yeah, you just need to reach a point where you have enough motivation to change and latch onto it.

If the desire to fix yourself becomes greater than your fear of failure, you'll be able to do those things. It'll be hard but it gets easier.
>>
>>28153351
>tfw work low-responsibility internship in office
>stressed as fuck even though I don't do much

work fucking sucks desu, never believe the wagecucks when they say work is good
>>
>>28155911
Volunteer, it sounds old as fuck but sometimes it's all it takes, and use the lead volunteer as a reference. Employers love references (good references)
>>
>>28156029
Yep hate doing online applications, I find they inspire me more to actually go and hand in the resume instead of spending an hour filling out crap, and let's not forget the 1 hour long >surveys
>>
>>28156089
This, I hate when the employer sends someone else to do the hiring, I was fortunate enough to have all my employers interview me instead of HR or some hiring firm.
>>
File: taxi-driver-1976.jpg (57 KB, 598x275) Image search: [Google]
taxi-driver-1976.jpg
57 KB, 598x275
>>28153351
>tfw applied to 10 jobs last week and haven't heard anything from any of them
>>
>>28156183
>software
I have been in the field for 2 years, no one will fucking hire me and my contract is running out, 5 fucking months and still no one hired me. they like my credentials and then I fail the fucking interview challenge or other bullshit they give me.

Holy fuck, this shit isn't even hard it's just the challenges they give me are some coding bullshit that solves nothing other than some math shit that's unrelated to web development. FUCK THIS SHIT i will be homeless eventually I saved thousands of dollars cause I knew this would happen but I'm panicking like crazy.
>>
>>28156412
and yeah let me put some more emphasis on the fact that I'm already a software engineer, HOW THE FUCK CAN THEY SAY I DON'T QUALIFY WHEN I BEEN DOING MID LEVEL SHIT FOR 2 YEARS? I APPLY TO ENTRY LEVEL POSITIONS AND THEY SAY I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH THAT'S BULLSHIT FUCCCCCK THEM
>>
>>28156412
>>28156443

>i will be homeless eventually I saved thousands of dollars cause I knew this would happen but I'm panicking like crazy.

relax bruh, being NEET isn't that bad
>>
>>28156412
i know your pain, i myself am not college educated and my math skills are just basic.

I can code too, I have even made a few android apps but i don't apply for tech jobs, i really dont even want one to be honest.

i have been applying for general labor warehouse and retail shit and no one will hire me anymore, i'm starting to think im on some sort of nationwide black list or something.

either way this economy seems pretty fucked, im not homeless yet but i too have been preparing for it, i even had a list of essential homeless survival gear that i need in case i get put out on my ass.
>>
>>28155054
>tfw find a night shift stockist position on the internet at a store
>get the job
>turns out they lied
fuck retail stores, this shit should be illegal
>>
>>28155994

what do you have your masters in?
>>
>>28154622
BOTH. Moreso the second one probably.
>>
File: 1461380475951.jpg (647 KB, 3312x2968) Image search: [Google]
1461380475951.jpg
647 KB, 3312x2968
>just sending a message to an online friend gives you a panic attack
>>
>>28156877
at least you can have online friends, I have too much anxiety to talk to people on any social media except occasionally 4chan
>>
>>28153351
>standing near people gives you panic attacks
>phone calls give you panic attacks
>talking to the cashier gives you panic attacks
>being bullied on 4chan gives you panic attacks
>>
File: 1429661040510s.jpg (8 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1429661040510s.jpg
8 KB, 250x236
>>28155888
>tfw in the middle of my code-monkey "degree"
>>
File: 002.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
002.gif
2 MB, 750x750
>have not left the house for over 5 years now
>uncomfortable even just looking out of the window

Am I late for the anxiety dick measuring?
>>
>had a panic attack and went hysterical while alone because I thought of my future which, to be honest, might not be bad
Christ, I'm capable of not being a complete failure and probably won't be, but fuck my anxiety is going to kill me one of these days.
>>
>>28154612
Your overweight gf can't wait for someone else to come along who isn't a faggot
>>
>>28157880
my co-workers all have at least 20 years of experience :/ THIS FIELD IS FUCKED
>>
>>28153351
>tfw no internship
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.