[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how were your grades in high school?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12
File: 1460928688560.gif (608 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1460928688560.gif
608 KB, 300x225
how were your grades in high school?
>>
c's and b's

sometimes a's

high school grades don't mean shit
college grades don't mean shit either
>>
barely over the average, kinda sad.
>>
>>28153001
what about f's?
>>
Really bad. For what ever reason I was unable to pull my head out of my ass in highschool to understand that needed to get my shit on track. The first semester of uni changed my entire thought process for learning
>>
Cs and bs

I slept in class most of the time and frequently forgot homework, but I tested well.
>>
valedictorian in high school
3.4 in college

fuck your grades, it's about what you apply. ppl out there kill themselves jf they domt have a 4.0
>>
>>28152917
B student

Fucking sucking dick in college right now though
>>
Some A's but mainly B's.

I'm doing terribly in university though.
>>
I was a straight A student up until grade 11 when my life went totally down hill.
>>
>>28153176
>ppl out there kill themselves jf they domt have a 4.0

that's so dumb.
if you aren't in MIT/Yale/Harvard, then it fucking doesn't matter at all what your GPA is.

Long as you do enough to get your qualifications.
>>
A student, 3.85 GPA. Only one C grade in a class. I barely even tried, and smoked weed everyday. High school was easy as fuck.
>>
>>28152917
c's mostly.

it took me six years to finish too.
>>
92.5/100 engineering, it's going to go down from now on though (way harder subjects).
>>
>>28153216
From everything I've heard (from written articles and people who have been involved in them as students or professors), Ivy League schools aren't actually any better than other good schools. They just have a good reputation, so everyone sucks their collective dicks.
>>
~2.5 average, ranging from D's to A's. Typical underachiever stuff.
>>
>>28152917
f's and d's

gpa 1.5

my life was (and still is) so fucking shit i couldnt even care about grades.

I could have 4.0 GPA if i tried
>>
All A's until Senior year when my suicidal thoughts took over.
>>
They were decent, good enough to let me go after what I wanted to do. Could have put in more effort but just wanted to get high school overwith because I absolutely hated it.
>>
>>28153288
Of course they aren't, I thought everyone already knew that.

People go to them purely for the reputation. It's easier to land a job if you came from them.
>>
>>28152917
Straight A's
>>
>>28153299
>I could have 4.0 GPA if i tried

Sure buddy. Sure.
>>
File: 1417990096788.jpg (82 KB, 960x582) Image search: [Google]
1417990096788.jpg
82 KB, 960x582
>>28152917
Really good until the last set of them when I absolutely fucked myself.

>Got place at Imperial College London
>Needed A*A*A
>Didn't even get fucking close
>Have to go to shitty campus university
>Fucking hated it
>Dropped out in January

Will somebody please fucking end this.
>>
>>28153211
Same here bro. Worse part was the class clowns who didn't give a fuck started to do well. Now they are ahead of me when one upon a time they would copy off me.
>>
>>28153325
I think a lot of people still buy into it.
>>
>>28153341
How the fuck do you Brits even pronounce the whole A* thing? A-star? A-asterisk would be clumsy.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 640x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 640x445
I finished hs rank 7 of ~287 with a 104 (our weighting system for ap/honors classes were fucked lol) currently in NYUs engineering school. I come here for motivation. Feels good man.
>>
File: 1456146026525.jpg (28 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1456146026525.jpg
28 KB, 500x366
>>28152917
E's, a couple of C's and one A.

Doesn't matter though since I dropped out at the end of high school. I either have to become a wagecuck or a NEET so I guess I'll settle with comfy NEETdom.
>>
>>28153299
What was so bad about your life?
Probably originu but just in case yknow?
>>
>>28152917
I got A's all the time because my high school was ghetto tier, that's why my ass got destroyed once I entered college, it was then when I learned that studying wasn't just reading 3 lines the day before.
>>
>>28153400
It's just A-star.
>>
>>28153443
Same here. Wasn't ready for uni in the least
>>
>>28153288
>other good schools
Well yeah, no shit, but they're still far better than average unis
>>
>>28153440
no friends, no gf, i hate myself, teachers hate me, everyone hates me, KHV, drug addiction, parents going through divorce (who also hate me and were arguing about who's gonna keep me - none of them wanted to but I ended up with my mom), multiple failed suicide attempts, tiny dick, 4/10 face, hungry skeltal, literally 0 confidence

the list goes on
>>
File: JUST.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
B student
>>
>>28153416
>I come here for motivation.
*I come here to be a lying fag
FTFY
>>
3.02 doing less than nothing. Now in college a 2.98 doing even less.
>>
Currently a straight A student in college. I don't have anything but good grades desu
>>
>>28153339
seeing as how my SAT was a 2320, yes I could have
>>
>>28152917
Top performing A student.

I was ranked 8/902

Now Im a 28 year old khv, have a near min wage job, and live with my parents.

Then I screwed up everything by not taking the SAT (because I didnt have to in order to get into community college), going to community college because I was afraid to leave home, and then transferring to a shitty state school nearby to save money.

So much for book learning . . .
>>
File: 1460865708400.jpg (5 KB, 250x175) Image search: [Google]
1460865708400.jpg
5 KB, 250x175
Im in highschool and struggling to pass ive had 2 f's and 3 f's in middle school, how fucked am I?
>I'm 18 don't lynch me
>>
>>28152917
Mixed as and bs. At junior year, I got my shot together and made all as for the rest of high school. I didn't take very many honors or ap classes, though
>>
>>28153603
Jokes on you! I was just pretending to be retarded!!
>>
>>28152917
I averaged a 37.5 every year
(50, 50, 50, 0)
I did literally nothing and only went like a months worth of days per year
>>
Straight A's because I was an idiot who actually cared about school
>>
Horrible. Always got Fs. I never even attempted to do the work I was given. Never even got a C or even a D. I was and still am a fucking idiot.
>>
Never went to highschool.
>>
>>28153518
Shut the fuck up, you stupid angsty faggot. Those aren't even real problems.
>>
>>28154172
name some "real problems" then
>>
>>28153690
> how fucked am I?

well, considering that you think that your middleschool grades are of any importance to anyone or anything, thus making you retarded, then I would say you are pretty fucked
>>
4.0/4.0 hs
3.87/4.0 undergrad
>phi beta kappa at an ivy league uni
>whyhaventikilledmyselfyet.jpg
>>
File: thecook.png (439 KB, 422x485) Image search: [Google]
thecook.png
439 KB, 422x485
Freshman year: Straight A's
Sophomore: A's and B's
Junior: A's B's, C's
Senior: A, B's, C's, D's

Community College: dropped a class last sem cuz i almost failed. this sem 2 borderline D's, 2 B's

been going downhill for a while, could be worse
>>
File: 1432669193779s.jpg (10 KB, 223x225) Image search: [Google]
1432669193779s.jpg
10 KB, 223x225
been pretty much a 2.1-2.5 student since high school and I'm a senior in college now.

I just can't motivate myself to memorize a bunch of abstract shit that will never be applied to my life or career.
>>
Straight F student in special ed. Tested in the 90% in language skills and knew my way around a computer much better than most kids my age. Today I'm living in a facility for the mentally ill collecting neetbucks. On the bright side I don't think I have completely hit rock bottom.
>>
3.1/4.0 B average.

Mostly took standard classes with a few honors here and there. Didn't try much in high school.
>>
High School: 3.4
College: 3.7

I'm black, too. Get at me.
>>
A-
The best I could achieve by putting in 0 effort
>>
>>28155536
Are you phoneposting or do you have a computer and internet?
>>
>>28152917
Mostl B and C with rarely a few A. Never got D or F. Not that it matters because highschool grades mean jackshit
>>
Shit. I barely fucking graduated.
>>
Hiding this thread. Ree
>>
>>28152917
Pretty good until the last two years when i began to realise it's all pointless and i'd never be achieve anything

It went downhill from there but at least i finished highschool

Fuck what people say about college, it's much more fun to study something you actually like than a lot of basic things about a lot of subjects that ultimately are not useful for anything because they are way too simple
>>
>>28152917
4.561 gpa, 3rd out of ~300
>>
I never tried, applied myself or studied and I got a 3.4 and rode my outstanding SAT scores to a good school

My parents sent me to therapy to get me to study because they told me I could be valedictorian like my mom was if I just studied at all and I would lie and say I would but just watch NBA games everyday after school
>>
>>28152917
2.3 in high school and 2.9 in college. I just couldn't bring myself to care desu, my shitty grades might fuck me over when it comes to getting admitted into grad school but thus-far I've been able to Forrest Gump my way through life.
>>
>>28152917
mostly C's or D's, sometimes a rare B
we had a ten point grading scale too
>>
A's and B's? only got Cs in math some terms and then one D because of a real BITCH of a teacher. never tried that hard unless something really interested me.
>>
>>28155673
>completely average
congrats brother, you made it
>>
>>28156493
>graduating with honors
>average

pls.
>>
>>28155877
Laptop with wireless provider.
>>
B student my entire life due to my ability to apply just enough effort without killing myself.
>>
>>28152917
I thought they were human sized? Why are the tiles so big in comparison?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 300x225
>>28152917
Senior right now.
2 C, 2 A, and the rest are B.
I did not "fully apply myself",but that does not excuse my shit gpa.

>>2815628
what was your score, anon?
>>
>>28156523
Nice. How is it there? What do you do all day? Are there qt autismal chicks?
>>
>>28153603
Good grades is about being a hard worker. It doesn't matter at all how smart you are innately if you're a lazy useless fuck. You'll be worthless in the real world too.
>>
My GPA was 2.6, I got accepted into every college I applied to though, (Depaul, UIC, Purdue, Michigan State)
>>
I feel like I could have gotten straight A's if I tried, because I tried my senior year and got straight A+'s.
>>
>>28153416
>NYU for engineering

Topkek
>>
I was a C student in high school. I've been bitter about it ever since.

I've fantasized about being highly successful in an academic setting ever since, but if I were given the opportunity, I'd probably fall apart. But hey, a man can dream.
>>
>>28153603
Jerry is that you
>>
>>28152917

Graduated with a 1.8 gpa
>>
>>28152917
had 4.0 all four years. they made me repeat senior year because i was too young or some bullshit. had to redo turning 16. i applied for colleges and went then withdrew. i hate school. im wasted talent. im just decaying in my room because i never made a social circle and too scared to even speak eith anyone.
>>
All As mostly and I was in Ap classes as well so my GPA was more than a 4.00 problem was at the end of senior year I got heavy af senioritis and got my first couple of Ds
>>
>>28153173
I will never understand how people get away with sleeping in class. If you tried that at my school the teacher would call you out and find a way to embarrass you in front of everyone. Or just be really pissed off and give you detention
>>
Straight As except for AP Physics which I almost failed because the teacher was awful at teaching. Out of a class of 25 only 5 people passed the first semester
>>
>4.33 in high school.
>1.9 in college

ayy
>>
File: 1461433909380.png (55 KB, 367x360) Image search: [Google]
1461433909380.png
55 KB, 367x360
I wouldn't know, I dropped out and had a total of 200+ days of the 4 years I was in school. Got a perfect score on my PSAT.

Also on my GED which I took :V
>>
>>28155673
same
except .2 higher on both
and probably darker
>>
I stopped being invested my last year of high school. Average i guess. I would zone out it a lot of classes and imagine how to escape the building in case of fire. (the fire escape was in a spiral and really slippery)
>>
B for everything.
Was invisible the whole time.
Never applied myself remember playing SWG instead of brushing up for exams

Got a 4.0 afterwards but it's not like it matters
>>
E in maths
B-A in french
A in english (but that doesnt count because the english teachers were fucking retarded)

E is a F in my country, by the way.
>>
Topped the class in most subjects before I became an autist and dropped out

I would have failed in college anyway though
>>
>>28153288
are you autistic
they have some of the top funding and therefore attract the top profs in their fields who are conducting the highest-profile research
students can get letters of recc from said profs ("big names" in their fields) and pursue grad studies MUCH easier than your average student
on top of that, prestige of school > your actual major in terms of employability. you're not going to be getting into certain fields, primarily finance although also law to a certain extent, without having attended a top undergraduate institution. that's why 40% of princeton students will go into finance for a couple years, because why the fuck not? the alum networks at top schools are unparalleled and 99.9% of uni students will not receieve similar employment opportunities
the connections you gain at these schools make them the only ones worth attending--i'm talking top 30 or so, including LACs--as otherwise you're racking up debt for a worthless degree
that is, assuming you're attending uni for the sake of maximizing employability--otherwise attend whatever the fuck school you want and hf getting cucked by the capitalist overlords
any conceptions of meritocracy you've ever heard are falsehoods, as it doesn't exist and has never existed in actual reality
>>
4.0 full honors, volunteered, etc in highschool.
My GPA slips lower each quarter in uni. If it dips below 3.0 I'll probably drop out and go to community/technical school
>>
Pretty sure I got around a 73.5 average.

Didn't exactly enroll in any classes that I actually needed, so I get to spend the next year working for credits I should have already gotten.
>>
>>28152917

The bare minimum to keep my scholarship (it was one of those fancy prep schools) was a B- average. So I got straight Bs.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 572x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 572x432
Might've had the best grades for one subject and the worst for another.

Then again, perhaps I should set things in perspective. In France, once you delve into your second year of highschool, you'll have to chosen between following a scientific education (S), an economic social education (ES), or a literary education (L). The S, where I was, is the most highly regarded because all our presidents, ministers, engineers, scientists, businessmen mostly emanate from there, and in the S, we're to study extremely advanced physics, extremely advanced biology, and extremely advanced maths (and France being the buff nation it is in regards to maths, you can imagine how hard the maths they teach us would be, pic related). Anyways, so the S is prolonged torture for two years but at least it has you surrounded with absolute beasts in terms of physics, biology, maths, etc... From what I recall, there were two people that were going to study physics and chemistry at Oxford (and mind you, we were fucking french students), and some others at things like Penn, Yale, McGill (I don't know how prestigious those are though). Lots of my other classmates were going to do "classes preparatoires" after HS, which are classes that train you for some tests that let you enter into prestigious engineering schools (like ISEP, polytechnique). I have checked up on my former classmates but I think that at least one of them managed to get into polytechnique, which is the most renowned engineering schools in Europe.

Anyways, about the ES, they're either people truly passionate about economics and history, or people that didn't have the grades to get into S. And about the L, they're either full of people that love literature, or often they're just stoners looking for an easy way to cruise through HS.

But yeah, I didn't have the best of grades, but just to defend myself because France has a hell of strict attitude if you're in S, and the people that surrounded me in HS were litteral geniuses.
>>
>>28161446
>were going to study physics and chemistry at Oxford (and mind you, we were fucking french students), and some others at things like Penn, Yale, McGill

Yale is one of the best universities in the world (Oxford/Harvard-tier), UPenn is slightly below them, but I've never heard of McGill.
>>
>>28153603
how did you get such a high score?
>>
>>28153253
You got a C in something? pleb.
>>
>>28161480
He typed it in, like this: 2320
>>
>>28161478
Oh alright thanks. So to know that I was only mildly average amongst this crowd of geniuses is mightily uplifting, but a big problem for me is that foreign universities often won't recognize the burden that can be an S education. To give you an idea, I had, say 11/20 in maths in S, maybe I could pull off 14/20 in physics-chemistry, and had around 16/20 in biology. Had I been in S, I easily therefore could've attained grades around 17/20, 18/20 in their history classes, and 18/20 in their economics classes. That's how deep the chasm can be between S and ES. Your average, or even low student of S would be destined to be a top-tier student in ES. Yet still, we all doom ourselves to an S education because it's more prestigious and shit. Like you get two years of your life where you can scoff at the other students that aren't S. But coming back to my foreign universities, see, they won't conceive the hardships of the S, and they don't see how your meh-as-fuck grade in maths is actually great. So I didn't get to successfully apply at LSE, ICL, Oxbridge for finance :c.

Tada.
>>
>>28161596
Had I been in ES.*

My bad.
Sorry.
Apologies.
>>
>>28152917
Dropped out in Sophomore year and got my GED, and you can too.
Didn't read the thread, how many people have mentioned their teachers saying "hurr ur smart but not motivated"
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.