[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Visual Snow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
Anyone else have vision like this?
I wish my vision were normal again.
>>
>>28152274
Yes. Been like that for a year now.
>>
>>28152274
Yes
I enjoy it
It makes everything seem less real
It's annoying as fuck when I have to keep my eyes fixed on a certain point for a long time, though
Like when I'm in class
The wall behind the teacher will, over time, accumulate afterimages until it's blowing up with color and I can hardly even see

Only happens with white backgrounds, though, thankfully
>>
>>28152274
Been like that my entire life. I can't look at anything that is a single colour or my head starts hurting. Used to think that what I saw was a fake video because TV was the only other place where I saw snow like that. Maybe it is.
>>
>>28152307
When / how did it start?
>>28152317
I don't see how you could enjoy it. My visual snow can be seen in most backgrounds. I also have the afterimage thing really bad.
>>
Holy shit I have a few floaters I can kind of toss around my vision. Both in my left eye.

I DIDNT KNOW HIS HAD A NAME.
>>
>>28152446
I've had the visual snow for a few years now. I never really see it unless I'm looking at the sky. The doctor that I saw said that it was the blood moving around in my eyes but maybe he was wrong.
>>
>>28152446
Well, mine is a lot more mild than it used to be
I dunno, I just like the pretty sparkles and shit. Tracers are cool, afterimages bring the world to life. Makes me feel like my brain is running mspaint or some shit.

In general I long for some out of the ordinary (but not dangerously so) and this fits in with that
>>
>>28152730
Interesting take on it. I find it to be quite intrusive..
Wouldn't you have normal vision if you could choose?
>>
>>28152780
Yeah, yours is probably a lot worse than mine. Mine is only really intrusive at night or with white backgrounds.

I wouldn't, personally. Though I also wouldn't want it to be too much stronger than it is to the point where it actually interferes with visual processing.
>>
My vision has been filled with visual snow as long as I can remember. I assumed it was universal until somebody posted a thread about it here recently.
>>
>>28152878
I heard it can't cause blindness, which is sort of relieving. But for me, it's hard to get used to - I've only had it for about a month, after a headache
>>
>>28152274
It's been like that for quite a while. I like it because it adds a tinge of flavor on the everyday boring environment.
>>
>>28152317
>It makes everything seem less real
This is so true. It's like we're viewing the world through a shitty screen.
>>
>>28152933
If it persists, it's easier to get used to than you would think

It will become the new normal
>>
>>28152274
I only have this when I'm tired, always have. Also when I don't eat for a day
>>
File: sddfg.jpg (21 KB, 408x352) Image search: [Google]
sddfg.jpg
21 KB, 408x352
>visual snow
>tinnitus
>>
>>28153171
forgot to mention that. I have tinnitus, as well. I believe it's related, although I've had tinnitus as long as I can remember
>>
>>28152274
Wait, so this isn't a normal thing most people experience?

I get it sometimes but it's not all the time
>>
File: 1445254664309.jpg (62 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1445254664309.jpg
62 KB, 400x300
When I was 18 or 19 I shot a laser into my eye because I hated myself. I held it there for like a minute now the vision in my left eye is really awful even with glasses.
>>
>>28152274
I've had this all my life, only mine's more like tv static, generally I don't notice it but it's extremely prominent in the dark, if i'm looking at something black
>>28153301
yeah apparently most people don't get this, although I don't think it's particularly rare
>>
>>28153171
I had just visual snow before but now I get to have tinnitus too.
>>
File: 1458017041943.gif (835 KB, 280x189) Image search: [Google]
1458017041943.gif
835 KB, 280x189
>>28153311
few months ago some asshole kid in one of the dorm rooms shot me in the eye with a laser pointer while I was walking back from class and now there's a spot in the corner of my vision
it's my only friend who's always there for me
>>
>>28153564
Laser pointers won't damage your vision like that unless they're powerful enough AND you hold your eyelid open for an extended period of time. Simply being shot in the eye by a Class 1 or 2 laser won't do any damage.
>>
>>28153171
I know these feels, familia

>hear a constant high-pitched whirring coming from nearby
>think that maybe it's coming from my computer
>it's not coming from my computer
>>
>>28153311
I did stupid shit like that and my eyes have been great. I also have no allergies, never had the flu, and only get a cold once a year

I'm convinced this is my own reality and I'm not actually going to die and you're all just here to convince me bad things can happen
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme-17.png (57 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme-17.png
57 KB, 500x382
>>28153171
Welcome to hell, enjoy your stay.
>>28152307
Not sure, I think my NEET stoner lifestyle might have triggered it - just noticed everything had a static overlay and had weird visual disturbances. I also have a hole in my brain apparently so that might be what triggered it.

Also Tinnitus. Kill me.
>>
>>28153747
>yfw you've become aware of the machine
oh boi
simultaneously jealous and not
>>
>>28152274
I only notice it occasionally

not severe enough to be debilitating at all in my case
>>
>>28153747
>>28154213
or maybe you have an implant near your inner ear...
>>
>>28152274

One thing that makes mine almost go away is glasses. The static fades away and I feel finally at peace.
>>
I have severe visual snow and tinnitus thanks to drug abuse.
>>
>>28153720
then who was spot???
>>
>>28154265
>tfw always afraid you'll cross the line and realize you bit off more than you could chew and end up with something more than what you signed up for

Love controlled craziness and mindfucky shit like this
Uncontrolled? No way jose
>>
>visual snow
Yes.
I blame it partially for my DID.
But it's not as light as put in the picture.

I'd like you all to test getting blinded (looking at the sun shortly, lightbulb, flashlight, camera flash. Just a single point). Close your eyes really hard so there's no light entering at all. Try and center the after-image.

See how it transforms.

Describe it. Because it's not looking good for me.
>>
I can't speak for everyone, but I think most people with visual snow also suffer with symptoms of anxiety, depression, etc. I know I do.
>>
>>28152274
this happens to everyone m8

the abnormal thing is if you CAN'T see it
>>
>>28152274
My vision has been like this for as long as I can remember. I used to think it was like that for everyone.
>>
>born with the winning combination of visual snow, tinnitus and depersonalization disorder.
>>
>>28154599
Once you see your symptoms getting worse, you begin to understand how real it actually is.
>>
This only happens to me sometimes when it is really sunny outside. Is that how it is or is it all the time for you guys?
>>
>>28154783
It's constant, for me, but it does vary depending on the light, color and other things.
>>
>>28152274
I get the floaters on occasion. Unless I'm looking at my monitor, for some reason.

Have tinnitus, ringing in the ears. Just want to be able to hear silence again senpai.
>>
>>28153171
>>28153540
>>28154149

Have tinnitus as well, I've been to a lot of concerts but always used earplugs except for one show. It mainly sprung up after I had surgery on my ear. I want to be able to hear nothing again :/
>>
>>28154496
>DID
What's that?
>>
I thought everyone had this holy shit :(
>>
>>28154265
What drug triggered the tinnitus?
>>
>>28155117
Probably a combination of MDMA/synthetic cannabinoids/methamphetamine/AMT/LSD/4-aco-dmt/Salvia/MXE/mephedrone/more shit.

I never abused any of them individually but eventually shit adds up. The synthetic cannabinoids (certain ones) fucked me up by far the most though.
>>
>>28152274
>mouches volantes
>flying flies
>>
>>28152274
I might have something like this, ever since I was a child whenever I was in dark conditions I could see a sort of static that I could get to morph into patterns or creature-like shapes even. Does that count?
>>
>>28155162
Fuck man, that's intense. How bad is your tinnitus? It feels like mine has gotten kindof worse over the years, I can still enjoy music (usually) though.
>>
>>28155185
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination
>>
>>28155209
Its pretty bad, but I'm really used to it by now and stop thinking about it really quickly if for some reason it pops in my mind.
>>
>>28155114
They do. Most people even wear glasses for fucks sakes.
>>
>>28152274
you all realize you can fix this by dumping soap on your eyes right?

I did it and now I have normal vision. 10/10
>>
>>28155245
Damn, best of luck bro. Hopefully there will be some research into curing/fixing the problem in the near future.

It's depressing as hell having this shit at 20.
>>
>>28155101
Disassociate identity disorder. Commonly known as multiple personality disorder in the past but it's a broad category now. It's a form of cognitive disconnect from reality for me. Hard to explain. People confuse it with schizophrenia, which it certainly isn't.

I'm not sure it's possible to convey well. But if you imagine you see something happen on TV instead of irl. That's pretty much how immersed I am in reality. Has its pros and cons. Don't feel pain the same way, I still react to it it just doesn't bother me. Can work out for hours as long as I find myself cognitively entertained. Can often not really sense exhaustion in certain body parts past a certain point of exhaustion. I've tried doing push-ups until I can't lift myself and the arms just don't feel tired at all. They just don't output as much.

Perhaps that gives some perspective. The reason I blame my visual snow to some extent is because I don't see many other reasons. It's on all the time and what bothers me the most is when I close my eyes I see shapes in it and they can be quite scary. I also get tracing effects when moving my hand in front of me. Even through solid objects. So there's no light. I have no idea what that is but it's completely pointless.
>>
>>28155214
Ah that seems more like what I was describing, thanks.
>>28155308
dont do this it makes mustard gas
>>
>>28155308
please demonstrate by dumping soap on your eyes.
>>
>>28152908
It is universal, i don't know why this thread tries to convince you otherwise.
>>
Holy fuck yes I had perfect vision and then I took dxm and it's been deteriorating in this exact way ever since
>>
>>28155329
Also apparently junkies get this far more than others. And I haven't even had a smoke. I've probably only had a mouthful of light beer.

I'm pretty pissed. I should at least have had fun with shit to end up with these problems.
>>
>>28155349
Nigga are you retarded? I already did it. There's no need to do again for like, 3 more years.
>>
>>28155369
How come there's people who don't recognize it?
It makes no sense to me. I also feel like it's always been there but considering when I was a child I could track mosquitos in the dark it didn't really seem like I had this back then because movement in the dark with small objects is really hard now.
>>
>>28155325
That's about when mine started, it has gotten a lot worse over time but fortunately after laying off all the drugs it hasn't gotten worse at all since, plus I've gotten a lot more used to it.
>>
>>28155435
>How come there's people who don't recognize it?
Those people have shitty eyesight.
>>
>>28155731
But this is entirely internal. I've explored this quite a bit and my conclusion is that it's caused by the retina photosensitive cells not removing their signal substance at a good rate.

In essence were all constantly blinded and are just dealing with that. That's just my hypothesis. Don't have resources to try verifying it and I don't know how.

But maybe if we poll how well you see in the dark compared to others we could build up some kind of conclusion.

Perhaps people do have poor eyesight. I'm 27 with 20/20 still. See well in the dark and have a dad with very slight myopia and he claims he can see it too, but not that much. Don't know if I trust that. He also has good night vision.
>why would dad lie?
Ignore that.
>>
>>28155381
If it were really that simple, I don't think we'd have this much of a lack of scientific info on the cause of these issues. There is no known direct cause of visual snow.
>>
I got this from cough syrup usage, along with other visual disturbances its called hppd iirc, staying away from drugs its good if you dont want it to worsen, and meditating and/or exercising to possibly get rid of it
>>
>>28152274
I have hppd so I see Precambrian skeletal organisms squirming in the walls
Woo
>>
>>28152274
I had very symptoms of visual snow last year. My doctor told me it was caused by fatigue, dehydration, and anxiety. I had PVCs at the time, and I thought I was gonna die, so I was under a lot of stress.
Once summer hit, I was able to get more sleep, exercise, and worried less about school. After a month I was back to normal.
For those of you who haven experienced it, it feels very odd. It's as if you are in a dream. It's like you're passively observing reality, instead of being actively engaged. Everything is a lot flatter, and you can't judge depth as easily.
>>
File: searching.jpg (659 KB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
searching.jpg
659 KB, 1698x1131
>>28152274
About a two years ago, I began to have migranes and such, with me having visual snow effects as far as I could remember for the whole of my life. This thread has essentially shown me that its not normal to see 'static' when just looking around. Thankfully the migranes have now stopped/ haven't had one for a good 6 months, after having them almost weekly. But this visual snow phenomenon it really just reminds me I can't be perfect.
>>
>>28152274
I get that off and on.
Rather annoying.
After images not so much, it's mostly just the floater visual snow like effects for me. Eyes sensitive to sudden bright light causing massive bursts of bright purpley/red colours on my vision temporarily. Having transition lenses helps immensely.
I also have visual snow really bad at night, to the point where I often can't see at all if it is too dark (too much visual static, blocks literally everything out).
Starting to notice even in low light I get visual static too.
Makes me worry if I ever end up having to drive/once I work more on getting my license. But I've kinda gotten used to it.
>>
>>28153171
>those feels when

W H Y

>still listen to music on max volume
idgaf I'm just gonna go deaf anyway
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.