[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harsh Truth General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 20
ITT - Post harsh truths you wish people would accept.
>>
There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is the messenger of Allah
>>
>>28150888
Hitler did nothing wrong

This post is now original
>>
A woman is a slut if she has sex before marriage.
>>
>>28150888
That images come in sizes larger than 182x250 pixels.
>>
brrrrrrrraaaap

oopsie
>>
>>28150888
>fat people shouldn't be allowed to live
>poor people shouldn't be allowed to have children
>>
>>28151031
ok sure only 10/10 people with 10 inches are allowed to live and have children
>>
>>28150980
Allah is a triflin' ass god that never gets shit done
>>
Everything is irrelevant.

More comforting than harsh but people get flustered about it for some reason.
>>
Violence and conflict, sexism, racism, terrorism and every negative human emotion that we attempt to suppress or vilify isn't ever, ever, ever going to go away. They're concepts and emotions. You cannot remove those things. Ever.

People will never get along. Ever. Suffering is inevitable. People act in their own best interests, generally, and almost everyone is selfish at their core.
>>
>>28151072
okay so everyone that's ever been on this board will be btfo
>>
>>28150980

And Ali is his companion.
Don't forget that part.
>>
File: 1286980720509.jpg (75 KB, 477x480) Image search: [Google]
1286980720509.jpg
75 KB, 477x480
I don't matter. You don't matter.

We don't matter.

None of this matters. Any of it.
>>
File: tsundere cat.gif (2 MB, 280x212) Image search: [Google]
tsundere cat.gif
2 MB, 280x212
Cats are better pets than dogs. They don't freak out about every little thing and pretty much stick to their own business.
>>
Some places in the world just aren't ready for democracy, as much as you want everyone to join in on the happy UN fun parade it just isn't going to happen.
>>
>>28151480

>ready
>implying it's a matter of maturity rather than values and socio-political evolution.
>>
>>28151807
>>28151480
I mean, you're both basically correct. It's not happening, not that some vague idea of "democracy" was what the ME-NA wars were ever about, but it's absolutely not working out for anyone.
>>
>>28151480
Now I know why ayy imaos are still not letting us joing their intergalactic federation.
>>
Cats are objectively bad pets. Aside from dogs and other animals with similar social structures to our own, you're just taking care of a living decoration.

Love and hate, pain and pleasure should not hold weight in decision making. Only what will benefit the majority of people involved, as a whole.

Life is getting worse, despite technological advancement, for that advancement not being put to the public good beyond distraction and status symbols for the people, control for the ruling bodies of society.

>>28151480
Democratic (read undemocratic neo-liberal or republican) systems are a mistake for the vast majority of peoples, as we have seen. Its institution strips the nation of its sovereignty and beholds them to the party that "liberated" them. The newly "democratic" satrapy uses the illusion of legitimacy through majority consent (when in truth it never had either one) to corrupt the nation and harm the people at the will of its "liberator".
>>
>The world needs constant conflict bc peace would be too boring. It's plausible we will never attain true peace ever.
>God might not have our best interests in mind
>Human suffering has no explanation. It just is.
>>
>>28151146
yeah, the fact that the practice isnt put in place is the reason why we have this board in the first place
>>
>>28152250
>The world needs constant conflict bc peace would be too boring.
Piece isn't boring per se. It simply leads to cultural stagnation at one point eventually. And since biology processes are the opposite of stagnation piece will eventually end.
>>
>>28150888
There is no God, there is no objective proof for a God.

Human lives do not matter.

Humans put way too much stock into their worth in the universe; we aren't even a conceivable FRACTION of the universe. In the grand scheme of things, a single grain of salt makes up more of the Earth than a trillion of us would make up the universe.
>>
>>28150980
('o')c====8

"Give me that sweet swine cock."
-Muhammad
>>
>>28152250
>would be too boring
You realize actual warfare is just doing regular work 99% of the time, don't you? Even fighting is waiting around for three days then exchanging shots with slivers of black figures off in the distance.

I don't think we'd drop dead if we didn't hear in passing 40 people were killed in a bombing some thousands of miles away in a place we couldn't find on a map but consider a threat to our emp- "world peace" for some reason. your logic is heavily flawed and I don't think you thought much into what you posted.
>>
>>28150888
The world would be a far better place if the Central Powers had won world war one. They were also in the moral right.

Any one who supports environmental protection must, by logical consistency, be pro-life.
>>
>>28152328
To the individual, this is presented by boredom.
I secretly wish that the world stayed that way, otherwise I would feel ennui. Hope this doesn't make me a bad person
>>
>>28152402
>Any one who supports environmental protection must, by logical consistency, be pro-life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcx-nf3kH_M
>>
>>28150888
I wish a lot of people would accept that our lives are a 10% of what happens to us and what cards are dealt to us by genetics, and the 90% and the juicy bits are what we do with what we're given. Ever since I red pilled myself on this, my life has gotten better to the point where I can say I'm essentially celibate on choice and not out of bitterness or resentment.
>>
>>28150888
The only thing stopping you from being the well-rounded, functioning human being you want to be is your own self-hatred.
>>
>>28152149

>Aside from dogs and other animals with similar social structures to our own,

How are dog social structures more similar to human social structure than cats'?

> you're just taking care of a living decoration.

I owned a cat and this isn't true. You're speaking of goldfish.

>Love and hate, pain and pleasure should not hold weight in decision making.

If you mean "emotions", then I disagree. Emotions and feelings must not affect the rational, reasoning aspect of decision making, but keeping them separate is not the same as keeping them out completely.

Emotions are an inexorable part of the human experience and the result of a decision must take emotional consequences into account. What does "benefit" mean, really? If the result of your decision brings you pain, or fosters hate instead of love, have you really benefited? Does any other benefit really matter if you live and die unhappy and emotionally distraught?

All of our technological progress so far has been geared towards making us feel better, maximise pleasure, and feelings of safety, satisfaction, comfort etc.

Human feelings have been at the center of attention the whole time.
>>
File: 1461272514827.jpg (72 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1461272514827.jpg
72 KB, 960x960
>>28151110
Transhumanism is going to fix everything though

>>28152250
>Peace would be too boring
Literally what the fuck
>>
When you get right down to it, it's every man woman and child for themselves. The ties that bind us are a lot more fragile than we've been lead to believe, thank god society offers incentive for working together. Cooperation, teamwork and sharing are what separates humans from apes.
>>
Morality exists whether or not God exists, but most people need faith in God in order to have motivation to live morally.
>>
>>28152513
>literally what the fuck

I'm not him, but think about this.

What does the general population get more hyped for: Firewatch or the new Call of Duty?
>>
>>28150888
A fetus is not a person therefore does not have the right to be born. Religious conservatards care so much about a consciousless fetus when its in the womb yet when its born they get zero fucks about it.
>>
>>28152513
I don't mean to sound like a war monger but I find the idea of a world of true peace causes me existential ennui
>>
>>28152590
If God doesn't exist then the spot is open. Have to say I have been eyeing that spot for a long time.
>>
>>28152595
>Those meaningless liberal talking points
>>
>>28152590
>most people need to follow fairy tale books and the unconfirmed words of magic men from thousands of years ago in order to be a decent person
>>
>>28152595
>>28152524
>>28152250
>>28151399
>>28151110

These

O R I G I N A L I N O
>>
>>28152595
>I enjoy it when my girlfriends cooch has had more corpses in it than a cemetary
>>
>>28152672
That's correct. This is a harsh truth thread, remember?
>>
>>28152672
Compare an atheist to an ISIS member. Who do you think is more devoted to their cause? Religion is mostly bullshit (there are expections like Jainism) but you cannot deny that religion has a huge motivational charm.
>>
Racism is stemmed from low intelligence. If you're a racist, you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>28150888
Some people are fated to die as virgins.
>>
>>28152622
I think what you are against, and where the true threat lies is in the concept to an "End of History" one world system ruling all the earth. Now, remember than we have not been invaded and so in wars of aggression, we are always taking steps to maintain and further our own hegemony, stripping other nations of sovereignty and rushing headlong into that end of history, that unjust "peace", that is to be feared. It is not war that is to be feared, it is an end to change.
>>
>>28152733
>there has never been a racist scientist or artist
>>
>>28152733
To be egalitarian is to deny evolution and thus, science. post-modern values are more a cancer than Christianity ever thought about being.
>>
File: image.gif (994 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
994 KB, 200x150
>>28151109
>everything is irrelevant

Bluxlxlxllx
>>
>>28150980
>be an all knowing creator
>needs a pedo sandnigger to be his messanger
>can't just beam the message directly into everyone's heads

What a shitty god
>>
Boipussi is the purest substance kniwn to mankind.

But seriously, I wish more folks would realize that many of their misfortunes are at least partially their fault
>>
Most people believe in the just world fallacy
>>
>>28152746
This. Change is the salt of life. The reason we like books/tv/vidya is bc there is conflict. When there is conflict, nothing remains static, everything fluctuates. If there were no mlre conflict, a status quo would be imposed and everything would be immutable. This means that secretly, as cold-hearted as it sounds, we wish for there to be conflict in the world.
>>
>>28152595
What about people who oppose abortion for non-religious reasons? Life is life friend, regardless of the stage of development it is at. Killing a child under the age of 15 months should be permissible if abortion is.

Children don't begin to exhibit a sense of self until that point( Lewis, M.; Brooks-Gunn, J. (1979). Social cognition and the acquisition of self), they are basically just a bundle of instincts and stimulus response algorithms in a fleshy tube package. Killing them at that stage is no more immoral than killing any prey animal, which we do (and have done) every day, for centuries.

The point of this is that the "you can't kill them after this date" rule for abortion is pretty wishy-washy to me and other people. When they are conceived they are alive, killing a fetus is ending a life. If you believe life to be precious you should find this morally abhorrent.

If you don't believe life is precious then of course you will find it to be A-okay.
>>
There's no such thing as romantic love. There's only physical attraction.
>>
>>28152888
There's no consciousness before a neural system is formed. Thus, abortions should only be legal before 12 weeks.
>>
>>28150888
Transpeople are mentally sick special snowflakes

Fucking a trap makes you gay no matter how girly he looks

She will never wait for you
>>
>>28152939
Why is consciousness an important point for you? As an aside, do you also support the option for families to pull the plug on loved ones in a coma with no hope of waking up again?
>>
>>28150888
>The pro-life/pro-choice debate is absurd because both parties claim they know the exact point at which a bundle of cells becomes a "human being".

The only way the debate can be answered is using Kant's universal law.
>>
>>28151399
I matter though
>>
>>28152897
Men feel romantic love, women don't.

Source: my ass
>>
>>28150888
Sometimes the world just doesn't want to let you win.

Your legacy will one day be forgotten.

Everythibg decays and dies
>>
>>28152897
>your feelings aren't real because I say so
>>
>>28151399
The guy who made that picture is probably somebody who watched gibli studio too much and bought into the humans are destroying the earth meme.
>>
>>28153005
>consciousness = human being
>no consciousness = a portion of cells

I have no opinions about euthanasia.
>>
>>28153084
>You stop being a human when you fall into coma
Your definition isn't really rigorous.
>>
>>28153112
People in a coma have consciousness, though.
>>
Some things aren''t worth fighting for.
>>
>>28153084
>you stop being a human when you faint
>>
>>28153132
Read it as ""being conscious"". My bad.
>>
>>28153084
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/opinion/sunday/dogs-are-people-too.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&single=1

>dogs are human beings
No.
>>
>>28153158
When you faint you still have a functional brain with potential to become conscious again.
>>
>>28153192
But stop being human for the allotted amount of time you faint/
>>
>>28153028
>>28153062
No matter how low your standards are, if you have a line you will not cross, it's not really love.
>>
>>28153192
A single sperm has the potential to become conscious,
so when you jizz on the floor, you have just killed millions.
>>
>>28153222
but you- sorry
>>
>>28153191
I'm talking about human being, obviously. A portion of cells with a formed neural system = human being.
>>
>>28150888
The answer to life, the universe and everything is 42. Deal with it niggas
>>
Marx was right.
>>
>>28153240
A single sperm and a fainted human being are totally different.
>>
>>28153269
He was most certainly left actually
>>
>>28153243
So just to be sure, you believe that the fetus pictured at 11 weeks = A-okay to kill, but one week later that's a no-no?

See, this is why I stand on the side of "alive = should protect". It's a simple yes-no, and there is no need for some arbitrary boxes to be filled up to qualify you as a "human being".

Life is precious, or life isn't precious. Not "life is sometimes precious if it meets certain conditions". Good talk though.
>>
>>28153392
He defines human beings by owning a brain with consciousness. You define human beings by potential.

Most disagreements like this one result from semantics and not actual disagreement.
>>
>>28150888
everyday life gets a little more empty and meaningless
>>
>>28153392
I believe the fetus should be protected after a neural system is formed because I believe consciousness comes from the brain.

To me, consciousness can't be real before a neural system is formed, therefore the fetus is no more than non-sentient mass of cells, more or less like a single sperm (even though they are different things). You can disagree, but those are my views.
>>
>Defining human beings by consciousness and not memory

You're all fucking plebs. I get to kill all the four year olds and amnesiacs I want. Guilt free.
>>
ITT: teenage angst
>>
>>28153392
my cum is also pretty alive nigguh
>>
>>28153192
>a fetus while is one second away from your definition of consciousness still has no rights then?
>>
>>28151399
Nice, I just watched that comedy routine this morning. George Carlin is great
>>
>>28152888
>Killing a child under the age of 15 months should be permissible if abortion is.

i get your point, but you sound fucking retarded saying it that way. once a child is born all bets are off. Everyone in the world recognizes that this is a human being and if you kill it there will be consequences. when it is a clump of cells, half the world gives a fuck, the other half doesnt.
>>
>>28153583
A fetus with no brain has no rights, that's correct.
>>
>>28150888
No such thing as a soul
Blacks are stupid and violent due to genetics but that won't matter in a few decades when genetic engineering lets us make everyone into a superhuman genius
Women are naturally submissive, but only to the most dominant of men. If you really are an exceptional man you can say and do anything to them.
Global warming is now becoming global hotness
>>
File: 1457217115359.png (383 KB, 454x479) Image search: [Google]
1457217115359.png
383 KB, 454x479
>>28150980
Allah deez nuts
>>
Life isn't a movie and you're not the protagonist. There's no happy ending for anyone.
>>
>>28150888
People think technology is going to improve a lot faster than it actually will. Stop reading so much sci-fi.
>>
Social status is a result of drive.
Money and pussy is simply a reward for not being a pussy.
>>
>>28150888
murder is only "wrong" because nobody wants to be murdered
>>
>>28153240
>A single sperm has the potential to become conscious,
No it doesn't
>>
File: 1420911437129.jpg (32 KB, 285x281) Image search: [Google]
1420911437129.jpg
32 KB, 285x281
>deserve

I see that word get thrown around here often enough to make my eye twitch every time I see it.
Nobody deserves anything beyond their natural rights, especially social goods like friends or girlfriends.
>>
File: 1384990216583.jpg (573 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1384990216583.jpg
573 KB, 1920x1200
>>28150980
>tfw read the quran
>tfw this is true
>tfw will burn in Jehannam for not caring enough
>>
Life is what you have right now. Dismiss all clouded thoughts. Be alert and know what is cradling you from the realities of life. It could be routines. It could be mindsets. It could be tiny prayers you say to yourself, the story you give to your day to day struggles.

There is one way that you alone believe in. This is the way you must live your life. Only you know it. There is no reward or retribution for living life in this manner. You are only spared the hell of bad karma for going against your own path, but that is also a reward. You must live in the way that you must, just like how a flower lives its own life and dies. The flower is to be admired for its wisdom. The grass, the insect, groundhogs, whatever. They are living their own life, they are not living to a story.

In addition, other people are endlessly deep. They pose no threat to you nor do they stand in your eay of being who you are. That is false. Their hatred and rage are like farts in eternity, energy that isnt energy. But they themselves are deeper than you can fathom, so to label them flatly as magnanimous, toxic, or dull, is to deprive yourself and them of humane connections.
>>
The vast majority of young men are impressionable fools looking to become fanatics to the nearest cause or identity they can find.
>>
Hitler was not unjustified, but rather went too far if at all.
Jews control the media.
>>
>>28151480
It's not that we aren't ready. It's that we don't think it's the proper way to do things. We have lived as tribes united by dictators since the dawn of time. And we like it.
>>
We're a democratic republic, not a democracy.
>>
Nobody wants to grow up to be the 40-year-old manager at a Walmart but life just finds a way to fill those unimpactful meaningless jobs regardless. You will most likely not make an impact on the world.
>>
>>28153028
Literally everyone on this board
>>
>>28153785

>But they themselves are deeper than you can fathom, so to label them flatly as magnanimous, toxic, or dull, is to deprive yourself and them of humane connections.

This is true, but until a person does everything you have mentioned and starts truly following his Will, that deepness is useless and human connections are impossible. It's a waste of time to associate with people like that, because they will not open up, neither to you nor themselves. And the amount of people who are not like that is very, very small.

Also, magnanimous is a good word, I don't think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>28150888
The vast majority of people are too stupid to rule themselves

Libertarianism is a cancer
>>
>>28153785
>Life is what you have right now.
My lack of belief in this is the only reason I haven't shot myself in the face.
>>
I'm going to get dubs in this post.
>>
>>28153921
Sadly, you didn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 645x773
>>28151413
>Harsh Truth General
>Truths
>Cats are better pets than dogs
Anon..
>>
>>28153977
But you did.

Robot can go fuck itself, to be honest.
>>
>>28153886
I still think I have little to lose in giving people patience. Its not a matter of time being wasted nor energy. Im not even trying to open them up... i actually gave up on that a while ago. But they will always have my trust, my readiness to help.

You can keep magnanimous. Maybe im too quick to use that word

>>28153898
Theres no need for le suicide
>>
In all likelihood you will never amount to anything and will probably die alone and unhappy.
>>
>>28153887
Stupidity can never be a valid excuse to avoid the responsibility of absolute freedom.
>>
Male circumcision is an abominable and mutilating practice that destroys a man's primary erogenous tissue, the ridged band.
>>
At bottom people don't really believe anything, they're all just sort of pathetic and trying to stave off a dissatisfaction they have with themselves. All ideology and opinions are just a game played trying to keep their dissatisfaction at bay. No opinions have any correlation to any sort of reality, it's just a bunch of frustration and striving. All justification is just an attempt at control, all life is inherently violent and coercive.
>>
>>28154020
>the responsibility of absolute freedom
>absolute freedom
Spooked
>>
>>28150888
Whatever you pride yourself on, life will tear it down, your plans will be abortive, nothing will be as unambiguous as you'd like, no quality of yours you'll get to express fully, you'll never know exactly how you feel, closures will never be permanent, you'll always compromise your integrity, you'll always long for the times that things were simpler.
>>
>>28151413
They also aren't loyal by default, you have to earn their loyalty.
>>
>>28153785
Go back to the Middle Ages with that airy fairy shit.
>>
File: 1461547978391.png (227 KB, 534x486) Image search: [Google]
1461547978391.png
227 KB, 534x486
Getting a girlfriend really isn't that great. The novelty wears off after a month or two and then you inevitably fall into a routine and possibly out of attraction with them (or you)
>>
>>28154155
No! And airy fairy? Fuq u meen
>>
File: sf.jpg (34 KB, 289x318) Image search: [Google]
sf.jpg
34 KB, 289x318
>>28153864
if it means that much to you, there are plenty of ways to make an impact on the world
>>
File: burgerpants.gif (589 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
burgerpants.gif
589 KB, 800x500
>>28154159
That takes about 6 months to a year usually. Only if you let it.
>>
>>28152897
This is not true. I began to feel physical/sexual attraction to the girl I used to be in love with only after the personality attraction had begun to pass.
>>
>>28153887
I was gonna post something similar.

Libertarian philosophy has been retrieved from the trash bin of history to bate frustrated rubes into doing the bidding of finance capital, and it antithetical to the American tradition.

I'm not a leftist btw, so don't bother calling me one.
>>
File: 1461595056661.gif (912 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
1461595056661.gif
912 KB, 240x176
>>28150980
>there is no god
fixed that for you
>>
>>28152437
I would say the opposite is true, they're is a lot that people can't control that we wish we could. The amount of control you have over even your own life is less than what we would like to think. Doesn't mean that what we do doesn't matter just don't be surprised if some shit head does better than you at something that involves a lot factors beyond your control.
>>
>>28154395
Control is a function of awareness of things to do. Most people being of average intelligence, they only have average control.
>>
Genetics and parenting is 99% of who and what you become in life.

There is no such thing as someone who deserves something more than the other because they worked harder.. It was either your genetic destiny to end up where you did or didn't. Your consciousness is nothing more than a passive observer.
>>
>>28154460
Prepare for backlash, young one.
>>
>>28154473
I always do. I'll be waiting for the ones that were born with naturally higher dopamine levels and attractive features to tell me they truly deserved everything. We are nothing more than genetic code expression.
>>
>>28154547
But youre getting a dopamine rush right now from being le mr. Enlightened one
>>
>>28152733
I thought all humans had the same intelligence?
>>
>>28154716
Intelligence is, obviously, 100% environmental -- although I admit this does take away from the insult a bit. 'You're retarded' hits harder if retardation is believed to be innate.
>>
>>28154748
Ah, right. I'd say its as bad an insult as calling someone a manlet, which is also 100% environmental (didn't lift enough as a kid, bad parents) but people throw that around here a lot too.
>>
>>28152104
its because we spent all their space cash
>>
>>28152733
To think this thought leaves me to believe you have been around low populations of nigs. I went to a 70 percent white elementary school and everyone got along fine. Go to a 70% nig school everything goes go shit. Even the cool nigs from elementary school start acting thug. I thought everyone was equal and raised by liberal parents. Seeing it personaly destroys your were all equal spirit
>>
its hard for women to be loyal

teachers are retarded

we'll be in a state of perpetual wars until we free ourselves from the MIC

people are not equal and should not be treated equally

people with that genderfluid crap and transsexuals have some mental deficiency

democracy and freedom are memes

people who espouse equality for all should be thrown in the ghetto and whenever we go to a major war (US) we should start a draft so it at least discourages congressmen from declaring war.

some people really do deserve to die

nuclear power is not evil
>>
>>28151146
everyone, especially those on this board, would be happier
>>
>>28155060
>people who espouse equality for all should be thrown in the ghetto and whenever we go to a major war (US) we should start a draft so it at least discourages congressmen from declaring war.
I dont get it
>>
>>28155203
oh they should be separate i guess i came up with 2 different things at once and just wrote
>>
>>28154748
>Intelligence is, obviously, 100% environmental
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAA
That's not what literally every twin study says lel
>>
Transexuals have a disease
Retards should be killed
>>
>>28150888
6 inch cocks cannot please a woman.
>>
>A load of people could die instantly and the world would be a better place completely.

>It really doesn't matter what you do in your life, it won't make a difference
>>
The churches should be taxed.

The precedent set by the Hobby Lobby case needs to be eradicated.
>>
>>28155477
Spotted the defeatist racist determinist.
>>
File: 1461634098938.jpg (353 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461634098938.jpg
353 KB, 1080x1080
>>28150888
That I'm a girl not a boy. That penis is my penis so its a girls penis
>>
>>28151072
Eat less and work out more, fat ass
>>
File: 1458958207699.gif (393 KB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1458958207699.gif
393 KB, 264x264
>>28153591
George Carlin WAS great
>>
>>28155569
I'm glad there are cities that have made church charities to the homeless illegal. Religion does nothing but give parasites a chance to drain society
>>
Most people on this board are angry only because they can't attract women for sex and nothing else.

Furthermore, they think they deserve a good woman when they have nothing to offer her at all.
>>
Art is subjective. Craft and technique can be objective, but the actual artistic expression has no quantifiable value. Good art and bad art do not exist. Stop equating artistic value with monetary value.

also all "high art" groups are just people circlejerking about craft and technique
>>
Global warming is 100% real and we're pretty much completely fucked
If you deny it you've just been flat out brainwashed by big oil shills
And I'm a conservative otherwise
>>
"Tough love" can be useful at times, but most of the time it's used by people looking for an excuse to be an asshole.
>>
>>28150888

Good and evil are both completely fabricated by humanity and entirely subjective.

Nobody chooses to exist.

All life is worth something including animals and even the worst child rapists.

Once you realize that humanity doesn't exist to be happy, the inconsistencies of the world become few.
>>
>>28157195

>Good and evil are both completely fabricated by humanity and entirely subjective.
>All life is worth something including animals and even the worst child rapists.

>implying good and evil are subjective but inherent value is not

I think you need to start over again, junior.
>>
>>28156983
>Art is subjective.

This is the most pedestrian view of all. Literally everyone justifies their lack of taste with it.
>>
>>28150888
I wish my parents would accept that I'm a failure
>>
Civilization will collapse in our lifetime. Climate change, Carrington event, Yellowstone eruption, antibiotic-resistant superplague, chemical or nuclear global war, whatever. There's a million doomsday scenarios lined up to wipe us away and we're more vulnerable than ever. Human population has grown at a ridiculous rate the last 100 years and we're totally reliant on the electric grid, networks and global trade to keep people fed and the wheels of commerce turning.

We probably won't even make it to the point where climate change starts to effect us before things fall apart. A CME that would've ruined the electrical grid worldwide and caused mass starvation narrowly missed Earth a few years back and we still aren't doing shit to harden our electrical grids.
>>
>>28157279

Yet when asked how or why art should be considered objective, you'll give no answer, and just insist you're right because it fuels your ego and makes you feel like you're part of a great mental strata than you actually are.
>>
>>28157314

I want this to be true, but I know it's just wishful thinking.
>>
>>28157338
I got to go, but art is objective because of two things: (1) algorithmic complexity that went into creating it (how many cultural ideas it references), and (2) neuroaesthetic enjoyment of its sensory medium (sound, sight, ...). Both objectively quantifiable.
>>
>>28150888
>m-muh inaliable rights...
YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS, WE MADE THEM UP
>>
File: canned america.jpg (155 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
canned america.jpg
155 KB, 720x960
>>28150888
Life is not a "preshus gift" or anything like that. It's a fucking cosmic accident.
>>
>>28151413
That cat has eyes like the alien/human hybrid from Alien Resurrection.
>>
Being fat is ugly and unhealthy.

Stupid people are worth less than intelligent people.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, that does not mean every opinion is of value.

God is Santa Claus for adults.

Tax exemption for religious institutions is absolute bullshit.

Men are superior to women.
>>
>>28157525
>algorithmic complexity that went into creating it (how many cultural ideas it references)

yes, you can objectively state how many previous ideas a piece was influenced by. You can objectively define many characteristics a piece has, such as time to complete, tools used, and similarities to previous works, just not the artistic value.

>neuroaesthetic enjoyment of its sensory medium (sound, sight, ...). Both objectively quantifiable.

Here is the problem, humans are not all going to experience exactly the same feeling to a piece. How someone feels about something is not going to be the the same as any one else, and someone will even feel about something differently and to different degrees based on arbitrary variables like how many times they've experienced it or how old they are.

Art is subjective, or more specifically the interpretation is, because feelings are arbitrary.

I really hope this doesn't devolve into a semantics argument, everyone seems to misunderstand that art isn't a label for whatever they happen to like, it's anything created or displayed with the primary purpose of being interpreted for meaning.
>>
File: ree2.jpg (116 KB, 415x415) Image search: [Google]
ree2.jpg
116 KB, 415x415
>>28157553
gf42tgws
>>
Harsh truth #1, that stands above every opinion belonging to anyone, factual or not:

No one should care about what you have to say and most really don't.
>>
>>28158252
>No one should care about what you have to say and most really don't.

Then why the fuck are you posting this? I can tell you don't truly believe this, otherwise you wouldn't have said anything.
>>
>>28150888
> actual normal people do not think about suicide and love being alive

> Those popular kids in high school/college might have bullied you, but they possess useful, likeable qualities that others can see that they don't see in you

> don't trust spergs either, your comrades took all the bad influences of normiehood, they want to be king of the retards and the sanest one out of his friends; there are hierarchies.

> I've seen spergs make their lesser friends do shameless things because they want to feel good that they haven't they themselves haven't sunk that low while the other guy is just glad to be included after the cost of his dignity. You should have been "raised" under normies.

> your parents are fundamental to your entire development and if you are a fuckup, they failed you. They also only take responsibility for if you end up OK, the idea that your parents brought life into the world and mismanaged it is too much for them.
>>
>>28150888
>death isn't sad
>life is fundamentally false, or at the very least very flawed, and not just because of no gf and our social stratifications (which also aren't real)
>mental illness, for the most part, is not real
>the things that make us happy are as coercive and manipulative as the things which make us sad

>there is an entire world out there that we're missing because we're too busy pulling each other down to ever see it
>>
People live better lives than you.
>>
>>28158689
Oh and

>safety does not truly exist here
>>
The world is not fair or unfair, it just is
>>
>>28158252
Why do you think this way?
Genuinely asking.
>>
that people think striking combat is the most efficient. i'm trained in immobilizing assailants through pressure points.

if you come out me i can put you down pretty quick just by using a chicken foot hand form. like i said i proved this skill in many bar fights where the assailant was swinging hard at me i dodged a few times and got in close enough to deploy the lock. i had him on the ground riving in pain from the nerve attack.
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.