[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here enjoys being in the psych ward I loved most of my stays
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3
File: psych.jpg (3 KB, 120x80) Image search: [Google]
psych.jpg
3 KB, 120x80
who here enjoys being in the psych ward

I loved most of my stays it was like a vacation from life

also people would actually talk to me even though im weird as fuck
>>
>>28150844
>posts psych ward for ants
>>
>people need to be put in rooms in a building that is slightly different from where they usually are in order to communicate honestly with each other and without prejudice

Kek-a-lek. It's not like there's actually any difference, except maybe the benzos.

>>28150946
They need it
>>
>>28150844
I was in a psych ward for 5 days and I hated every moment of it. It made me appreciate my outside life a lot more.
>>
>>28150977
its kind of like when you were a kid and your parents dump you at a summer camp with other kids in the same situation
>>
Can you talk to girls there?
>>
I enjoy it. As long as there's no walkers I can shitpost all night while getting paid next to nothing. Soon I'll have my RN though. I'll do the same thing but make 4x the $$.

Anyone else notice the girls are always either 11/10 qt or throw up in your mouth ugly. There's little in between.
>>
>>28150946
gonna end up in a psych ward after that traumatic experience desu senpai
>>
It made me feel like I had friends.It was nice not being lonely for a few days, but there's no way in hell i'm going back.
>>
>>28151050
most girls are crazy or physically ill (eating disorders) but the nurses are willing to listen to you for awhile so that's good

>feeling suicidal
>I guess another trip to the psych ward for me
>>
>>28151050
its the only place I have actually talked to girls

I had one that really liked me but she lived an hour away from me and was pretty nuts
>>
I had to spend some time in a psych ward after a drug overdose.
It's true the girls there are either really hot or really ugly. I was the only guy in the ward and one of the girls was even there for a sex addiction lol. It was awkward.
The good thing about being around mentally ill people is that they aren't really capable of judging you like normalfags do and so they actually just talk to you like you're both persons. Well, it starts out that way, but at some point in the conversation you'll see their illnesses start to creep up.
Speaking of that, a psych ward would be a horrible place to pick up chicks. The people who aren't that for the mandatory OD thing are really really fucked up and need help in the worst way. You guys should take a minute and ponder the fact that to someone, somewhere, YOU'RE the normalfag.
>>
I had to spend a week in one. There were 2 cute asian girls though so my yellow fever was out of control. I never did ask why they were in there, they seemed normal enough for a crazy person. I guess that's the catch to crazy people, you get close then bam find out they collect period blood and eat lost pets.
>>
>>28151143
I know that feel

I kind of want to go back

if I ever get fired from my job im going in right away all I gotta do is leave a message on my psychiatrist answering machine and the cops will pick me up in a few hours
>>
>>28151508
theres always some hidden crazy
>>
So I might be going to a psych ward in the next few weeks or so. I don't want to describe why, it's a very long story.
Can any of you guys give me any tips? Will there be internet or anything like that? What should I expect?
>>
>>28151325
>to someone, somewhere, YOU'RE the normalfag

I have contemplated this in the past, senpai. It's horrifying.
>>
>>28151940
no internet most fun thing to do is take naps
>>
>>28151940
there wont be any internet bring some books

if you want to be really high for at least 4 hours start yelling and crying about how you want to leave try and kick down the door to get out and do the opposite of what the nurses tell you to do
secruity will come and hold you down while a nurse injects awesome drugs into your ass cheek and then you will be taken to the quiet room to spend some quiet time
>>
File: image.png (306 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
306 KB, 1280x720
>>28150844
I was in a psych ward for 4days when I was 13 because of a suicide threat. It was a shithole.
The residents were fucking insane. There was an autistic kid who had a meltdown every day and at one point even started trying to smash the Windows and hit the nurses and the staff called a rapid response team.
That was fucking awful.
>>
>>28152087
kids wards are next level crazy
>>
I want to go back it would be a nice vacation
>>
>>28152087
I'm guessing that was you?
>>
I'm totally with you. If anyone here goes crazy in Vermont/New Hampshire/Northern Massachusetts, try to get to Osgood 3 at the Brattleboro Retreat, it's a pretty chill, laid back place.
>>
>>28151940
Where I went there was internet, but you could only go to a few sites.
>>
the first time I didn't get to enjoy it at all because the meds they gave me put me into basically a coma and the rest of the stay was focused on how they could shock me out of it and the second would have been fine except I had just started a relationship with a wonderful girl and just wanted to get the fuck out of there before it was ruined (should have known it was too late by then of course)
>>
I want to go away somewhere for a while
>>
>>28152640
just tell a doctor the magic words
im going to kill myself
>>
>>28152624
shock as in electroshock?
>>
I know all these feels

I do want to go back
>>
>>28153231
yeah
blox
l
o
x
>>
>>28153646
what country did this happen in
>>
>>28153673
USA
stop asking questions with one word answers
>>
>>28153736
well in the usa electroshock is voluntary only so you agreed to it before a board of doctors
>>
>>28153778
my mom had to assume legal guardianship, so I assume she did that. I told you I was basically in a fucking coma
>>
your all a bunch of faggots r9kk
>>
>>28153231
What? ECT isn't used to bring people out of comas, if you mean an actual coma. Unless it actually is, in which case I'm a retard, but as far as I know it's only used for severe depression, which it has undeniable efficacy for.
>>
>>28154109
Never mind, I'm an idiot. That guy must have been catatonic. Anyway, the only bad thing about modern ECT is the potential for memory loss.
>>
>>28153820

Are you schizophrenic? It could have been catatonia, that's like coma and even sounds similar, and Treated by ECT.
>>
>>28154175
Catatonia can be drug induced, which it sounds like he said happened.
>>
I've never been but a close friend went

He said a team of people held him down, strapped him down, and injected him with shit because he wasn't cooperating and was throwing a tantrum

Spooky shit. I went with another friend and we snuck him McNuggets, vodka in a water bottle, and a few beers. He chugged the beers right there and we left with the bottles in my bag. Said he'd be out in 3 days but they kept him in for 3 weeks.

We also wrote a one-page personal testimony each certifying that our friend was not crazy. He said he'd frame them on his wall when he got out, and he did. I tried talking to his doctor but they wouldn't let me; I talked to some paki nurse but she didn't do jack shit, just listened politely.

It was sad because our friend did not seem crazy at all, and we were surprised when we learned he was in the psych ward. However, a few months after he got out, he became very crazy.

None of us talk to him anymore. We wouldn't know if he died or not
>>
>>28154274
They only use restraints if you're absolutely flipping your shit and are a danger to yourself or others (at least in the US). His 'tantrum' probably involved aggression against staff or attempts at serious self harm.
>>
>>28154175
Yeah thanks doctor sorry for assuming 'near coma' would be more illustrative for your average robot.
>Are you schizophrenic?
I went in for depression but they claimed I told them I was hearing voices and decided to put me on Risperdal and Geodon, which led to the catatonia.
>>
>>28151183
I get suicidal about every other week. Can I just go in?

Well, first off, are you in America?
>>
>>28154381
NO I'm in Canada. here everything is about free if you pay for insurance. luckily NEET BUX cover my insurance and my housing bill. but not my food bill though so I'm force to relay on food banks. suck to be mental ill.
>>
>>28154337
>They only use restraints if you're absolutely flipping your shit and are a danger to yourself or others

no they fucking don't

I was lightly banging my head against the locked door out of frustration and they restrained me for 9 hours

psych wards have ruined my life.

I've lost 5 jobs to being locked up for bipolar manic episodes, and they still denied me social security

I think it's because I'm a fucking white male
>>
>>28154381
yeah just tell a doctor or nurse you are going to kill yourself and they will take you in that minute

also dont worry about the bills I never paid them and eventually they stopped even sending the bills
>>
>>28154516
I think I'll try it this summer. I'd like to have a place to go when I get the stronger suicidal thoughts. I normally don't care if I live or die but this year I've had a few people come and go in my life that I'd not want to hurt through my death.

I've been in once after attempting suicide with my cars exhaust (first and only attempt which occured on the 3rd day of forgetting to take an SSRI) and they held me for 3 days.

lol the bill was $15,000. A nurse at one point kept bugging me about how I felt and if anything was bothering me. To get her to stop, and to talk with someone for a bit, I finally told her I could use an extra pillow to hold at night to stop my shoulders from being sore in the morning. Later that day I was ushered into a doctors appointment because I had "complained about shoulder pain". The doctor literally gave me a prescription for "One extra pillow", of which I never received, and when I was checking the itemized bill months later I found that pillow appointment cost me $700.

Funny story I'd thought I'd share.
>>
>>28154463
I'm glad your getting the NEETbux, Canadabro. It's tough trying to work on your mental health when you worry constantly about bills and homelessness.

I have neetbux in America. $400 a month and free medical care (through medicaid). They'd pay some of my rent if I wasn't living with my parents.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 350x263
>>28154939
I remember your story top kek

A prescription for one pillow
>>
>>28154939
I remember your story too, Anon. Surely everyone likes to be remembered.
>>
>>28154939

hhah i as well remember this story

christ 15,000 greenbacks to sit in a room and get fed drugs you could buy on the street for $50
>>
>>28154470
I'm sorry you went to such a shitty psych ward. I absolutely lost most shit at one point when I was in the psych ward and spent like an hour smashing my hand into the concrete wall, and all that happened was they gave me some Seroquel, orally, not even a shot or anything.
>>
I was given the option of going to one for an extensive CBT treatment for my depression and suicidal thoughts but turned it down in favour of a once a week appointment thing.

At the moment I'm living in a block of apartments for vulnerable people. The women in the one below mine has recently come out of a psych ward and she is pretty crazy. It's a shame because this time last year she seemed relatively normal but now it's like she's gone. What's also bad is some local kids are trying to use her to buy drugs for them and shit.

Going into a psych ward seems like a nice idea, just thinking about it, but the more I think about it the more I worry about the fact I wouldn't know when I'd be able to leave.
>>
>>28155392
Getting locked up in psych wards has literally ruined my life.

Once you are diagnosed as mentally ill there is no hope.
>>
>>28155523
If you're voluntary you can leave literally whenever you want.
>>
>>28155579
How is there no hope? No one needs to know your medical history.
>>
>>28155583

I was referring to if I got thrown in there against my will.

I'd be looked after, get fed and be living in relatively nice conditions, but I wouldn't know when I'd be able to leave. I think that would play on my mind over a very short period of time.
>>
Psyche wards are a vacation compared to the group homes they put you in if you've got serious psych problems. Hospital food is so much better than the shit I get.
>>
>>28155123
>>28155240
>>28155359

i-it is nice to be remembered. I love you, botfriends.
>>
im with you op. its the only place ive ever felt understood, its the only place ive felt like i belonged. finally i was surrounded by other people who were like me. i wish i could go back.
>>
>>28155781
Right back atcha, Pillowbot.
>>
>>28155601
It ruins your life because once you have been locked up in a psych ward, literally anyone can send you back anytime they want.

Anyone that knows you've been diagnosed as mentally ill has absolute power over you.

I once told my roomate that I was bipolar and he called the cops on me for the lulz and I got locked up and lost my job, my room, and my art studio.

I've lost everything I had because of being forced into psych wards

Every time I get fired for being put into the psych ward I file an EEOC case and every time I lose.

There is no hope
>>
>>28155793
>i wish i could go back.

If you really want to go, just go into your closest hospital and tell them that you are hearing voices, maybe cut your hand a little and tell them you made a blood pact with the devil or something
>>
>>28155601
That's bullshit.

The same way they run gun scans based off that shit, the same way a lot of high-paying jobs screen you.

Fuck, even teaching English in Japan urges you to self-disclose. They could go all the way and get it themselves if they wanted to.
>>
Fuck that shit. My stays at the psych ward is the only think that's kept me from attempting again, but that's only because I want to be absolutely sure I get it right this time. I refuse to go back. I can't go back. I won't be able to take it. That place is my personal hell.
>>
>>28157441
Why is it your hell?
>>
>>28152489
Dude wut. I've been to like 6 different wards in that area and never heard of it
>>
swear to god the strategy my psych ward used was just to bore the shit out of everyone until they lied about their symptoms to get released. No internet, no books or library, no activities of any kind other than some shitty magazines and one TV in the common room.
>>
>>28157491
>Why is it your hell?

Not the anon you were addressing, but maybe I can answer this for you.

You're locked up, told what to do, forced to take drugs, everyone is an asshole, and all you can think about is how your life is complete and total shit and that if there is a god it must hate you.

It's also really depressing seeing all the really crazy people and having to interact with them.
>>
>>28157672
I feel like there's a point here

No matter how crazy you thought you were, there's always someone crazier than you there

Someone fucking batshit insane

And you're not supposed to judge them, react in a hostile manner, voice complaints or state you don't feel perfectly safe with this crazy person in the room

In fact, you may be expected to share a room with them, day and night, for multiple days

I haven't been to a psych ward, but I've visited my friend in one. I was also sent to some sort of pseudo-AA meetings by my parents when I was 17, because I got drunk a couple of times in the same week once. I was obviously the youngest person there. Fucking felt like the half-baked scene where Chapelle explains he's in for weed and someone retorts "I sucked dick for crack!" Shit, seeing the faces of the people there and the way they talked put my mind straight though.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.