[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /avoidsbathing/ here? >live with parents >hate bathing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: image.png (64 KB, 395x578) Image search: [Google]
image.png
64 KB, 395x578
Who /avoidsbathing/ here?
>live with parents
>hate bathing
>come up with brilliant plan
>run the shower for 15 minutes with bathroom door locked
>make sure to whistle and sing so they know I'm "showering"
>really just fleck some sprinkles of water on me + hair, even then I hate it
>take my secret stash of febreeze from under the sink
>spritz the air a few times and run through it
>leave and be sure to tel parents how o feel refreshed and clean as a whistlee-roo because I said it when I was 6 once and they laughed
they used to suspect I wasn't showering because I smelled like febreeze but I just sprayed a bar of soap with febreeze and said its just the brand of soap I use, I make sure I get something different than them so they don't know the difference
>mfw the only 2 jobs I've had in the last 10 years fired me for "unsightly hygiene"
>>
>>mfw the only 2 jobs I've had in the last 10 years fired me for "unsightly hygiene"
what the fuck dude
>>
>>28146911
and why would you do that?
>>
File: 1461407653295.jpg (36 KB, 716x299) Image search: [Google]
1461407653295.jpg
36 KB, 716x299
>>28146911
What's the meaning of this? This is just stupid.
>>
>>28146911
showering feels really good senpai. I shower for 2 to 3 hours a day, its the only enjoyable activity in my life

you should try it. when they invent waterproof laptop I will never leave the warm comfy shower again
>>
>>28146967
>>28147033
I don't like the way water feels. It feels all icky and slippery on my skin. Maybe because I'm fat but water just feels unnatural, we aren't fish.
>>28147034
Sorry I just don't see the appeal to showering, we got on just fine without it for thousands of years, I thought more robots would be with me on this.
>>
>>28147098
>It feels all icky and slippery on my skin.
No, it feels icky and slippery on all the nasty oils on your skin. After you wash yourself once it'll feel great.
>>
I hate showering, too, but mostly due to temperature change after I step out of the shower.
>>
>>28147253
Stop taking hot showers
>>
>>28146911
Yep, same here. But I don't do it because I found that it makes no difference whether I shower or not. ......something maybe dead inside me
>>
>>28147253
Get a $20 mini heater and you'll never have to experience that awful coldness stepping out of the shower ever again. Works amazingly during the winter.
>>
I'm pretty sure this was in a Calvin and Hobbes strip
>>
>>28147034
Yoo showering is the most enjoyable part of my life right now too. I got a shower speaker recently so I can be entertained in there even longer.
>>
>>28146911
Are you obese and do you sweat a lot? I currently have a job and I shower every 3-4 weeks while wearing the same clothes every day
I only out on deodorant and make sure I don't sweat outdoors. I've recieved no complaints and my mom doesn't even know I don't shower.

I am skinny however.
>>
>>28147034
isn't that expensive?

my parents used to set a timer whenever i would enter the bathroom to shower and if it was ever longer than 15 minutes they would beat me :(
>>
>>28147098
>We got on for thousands of years without showering

People used to die at age 30 regularly. And the only reason people didn't bathe regularly until the 20th century is because we didn't have access to clean water.
>>
>>28147098
>Maybe because I'm fat

Who could have seen that coming? Shocking.
>>
I hated showing when I was a kid. I now shower like twice a week so I suspect I might smell, especially in summer, so.... yeah. It's always the same thing - I'm gonna shower tonight but then I find an excuse (it's too late, too cold, whatever), I promise to do it in the morning but then I find another excuse (i'm gonna be late for work, it's too cold, it's gonna take too much time) and then repeat.

I should really make an effort about that.
>>
>>28147098
>>28147581

You're both wrong. If someone is going to die to disease it happens far before their thirties, and people have always bathed or showered.

Ever wonder why the city of Bath is named that? Ever heard of Turkish baths? Ever been to Finland or Russia, where ritual bathing is part of the culture?

christ people believe whatever they see on TV
>>
>>28147581
>People used to die at age 30 regularly.
But that's not true. Only children died a lot, once someone passed puberty he or she would live till old age.
>>
>>28147592
Fat people are such pieces of shit. It never fails to amaze me.
>>
>>28147571
>I shower every 3-4 weeks
>I've recieved no complaints
Let's be honest man, people just don't want to offend you since they probably think you're homeless or living out of your car. After a few weeks of not showering, your brain adapts to your smell and finds it completely normal, despite the fact that you smell like absolute shit, pure body odor and nasty musk. Doesn't matter how skinny you are, more than two days without showering causes you to smell musky as hell. For fuck's sake just step into the shower for five minutes just to rinse off each day, then apply a few swipes of deodorant to each armpit, and you'll eliminate 90% of body odor.
>>
>tfw live in pos part of country with no clean water
>tfw race against the clock to finish my shower in under 2 minutes
>>
>>28147746
Flintnog detected?
>>
Anyone else /coldshower/ here?
>>
>>28147773
i don't do this but i respect it 100%

shit takes real discipline
>>
I don't like how my skin feels dry after showering. It's quite uncomfortable tbqh
>>
File: 1386807329131.jpg (24 KB, 258x310) Image search: [Google]
1386807329131.jpg
24 KB, 258x310
>missing out on the best part of a morning routine
I feel bad for you
>>
>>28147773
After workouts.
>>
>>28146911
I don't shower much and it makes me feel ashamed of myself.

I think I'm just too lazy to get naked and step inside the shower
>>
>>28147782
I just prefer the colde desu senpai
>>
I dont see how people can smell so bad all of the time. i take one or two baths a month and thats only when want to relax in the hot water. my parents and peers never show any signs that i might smell and my skin isnt shit tier and i just dont get acne. does taking baths more frequintly make you somehow more smelly?
>>
>>28147703
You do realize that my job wouldn't keep me on of they smelled something rancid especially when I must deal with people in very close proximity. There is always the same exact person with the same exact response posting their armchair science and can't face the facts that body odor is partly genetic and must be triggered.
>>
>>28147773

I do it most days.

>>28147782
>shit takes real discipline

Not really.
>>
>>28147878
They're being polite dipshit. Wash yo ass. Smh.
>>
>brother takes a shower
>then continues to spray deodorant on himself for several minutes
What's the point?
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
And the retards here wonder why they can't get laid.
>>
>>28147878
I wondered this too.
I had a real good friend once and I asked her if I smelled bad. She said she wouldn't be anywhere near me if I did with the most serious tone that I almost started sweating.

I would skip showering for weeks at a time and hug her and apparently I smelled like nothing bad. The only times I actually smelled bad in my life was when I was overweight and didn't slather creams and deodorants. But losing all the weight seems to have gotten some toxins out who knows.

All I know is that I don't hate showers but I'm too tired after work. Sometimes you just really need to test the waters and take a step to learn something new. But if you exercise somehow you'll get extremely greasy if you don't wash.
>>
>>28147880
Look, I can certainly agree with you that body odor is partly genetic and must be triggered. But if you haven't showered in more than a week, you're extremely likely to smell awful. The only real exception I can think of is if you did an amazing job fully wiping yourself with alcohol wipes or something.

It's really not armchair science, it's common sense. There's no way in hell you could not smell bad after not showering for a full three or four weeks. It's just not possible.
>>
>>28147878

You fucking reek. I am sure of it.

Sometimes you just come across someone who fills an entire room with their rancid presence, and they seem completely oblivious to the fact. But no, I don't tell you that you fucking reek. I don't ask you to leave. Most people wouldn't. They would just avoid you next time.
>>
>>28147998
Are you doubting the accuracy of a neckbeard's self assessment?
>>
>>28147998
>There's no way in hell you could not smell bad after not showering for a full three or four weeks. It's just not possible.
Try not being fat and sweating.
>>
>>28146911
I don't shower and take care of hygiene. I just do it because it feels comfy. Idk how you could enjoy feeling oily.
>>
>>28147576
>isn't that expensive?
i dont pay for water

but yeah when I stayed with my brother once his bill was ~$100 more in that month

i also live in california, apparently we are going through a drought but it hasnt affected me
>>
File: 1448559787089.gif (853 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1448559787089.gif
853 KB, 600x338
>>28146911

Yeah, putting me in a shower is very much like putting a vampire in sunlight. Thankfully my parents don't give a fuck and somehow I seem to smell perpetually neutral.

>>mfw the only 2 jobs I've had in the last 10 years fired me for "unsightly hygiene"

Tell me more about this please, how did they break it to you?
>>
>>28147925
>>28148040
but when ever i do something were i get sweaty and i know i smell i get told "man anon you stink, you better take a shower" but when i dont get sweaty i dont here anything about my smell. i think i might be on to the shower jew
>>
File: 1460950911720.jpg (142 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
1460950911720.jpg
142 KB, 550x733
I despise showering but I love bathing. Showering is just so annoying and boring.

I moved out so I don't have a bathtub so I haven't showered in like 2 months. I can't wait to buy a bathtub.
>>
>>28148051
Even if you're straight out of fucking Aushwitz with no sweat glands whatsoever, you'd still smell bad after not showering for three weeks. Your body odor might not be bad enough to get you fired but it's absolutely still quite rancid to at least some degree with all due respect. The only real exception would be if you fully wiped yourself daily with cleaning wipes as I mentioned before, taking special care to wipe armpits and use deodorant. But if you were actually doing that then you might as well just shower daily like everyone else.
>>
>>28148150
>Tell me more about this please, how did they break it to you?
The boss had us all employees line on the parking lot in front of the office and said: "Now everyone who doesn't smell awful take a step forward. Not so fast, John!"

I am John.
>>
>>28148160
Try laying down in the shower. Way better than baths anyway.
>>
>>28148197

top shekels
>>
>>28146911
you sicken me. blox
>>
>>28147620
>>28147620
Jesus Christ I said "bathe regularly" you fucking mong. Western Europeans didn't start bathing commonly until the 1800s and even then it was still just rich people. Puritans who colonized America literally thought that water would kill you so they refused to bathe and only drank beer.
>>
File: 1461638015598.png (138 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1461638015598.png
138 KB, 480x480
>>28148197

AHHAAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAAHH HOLY FUCK AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAA
>>
>>28147880

you probably do stink though
>>
If you don't shower then you smell bad. It's as simple as that. I could tell when my ex didn't wash her hair that day just by the smell of musk and sweat, and that was after only one day and I only smelled it because we were in close proximity. If she had actually gone more than one day without washing her hair I imagine it would smell even stronger and so on and so forth.
>>
>>28148197
ur boss is cool
>>
>>28147098

That's revolting. Fucking fat dirty disgusting ass needs to be hosed and showered by the military.
>>
>>28148197
Your smile and optimism: gone
>>
>>28147489

rofl don't connect that pure innocence with the filth of /r9k/
>>
>>28148154

there's sweat stink which is acrid and ass stink which literally smells like shit and then there's just a general unwashed odor which isn't very strong but people definitely notice it coming from you, but just aren't overpowered enough to complain, you are probably known as "that guy who smells" at work

I hope you at least wash your fucking clothes though
>>
File: 80b.jpg (62 KB, 680x553) Image search: [Google]
80b.jpg
62 KB, 680x553
>why should I shower if I don't leave my house and have no friends?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.