[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you lose arguments on 4chan very often? As in, you genuinely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 20111119_BKP503.jpg (31 KB, 595x335) Image search: [Google]
20111119_BKP503.jpg
31 KB, 595x335
Do you lose arguments on 4chan very often? As in, you genuinely come to believe that you were incorrect after a reply chain with somebody else and you change your opinion?

Can you remember the last internet argument you truly lost?
>>
4chan is a really shitty debate platform on average. When I change my mind during a debate, I've never admitted it on the spot, no. People rarely do.
>>
>>28146882
No. If I begin to feel threatened and can see defeat coming my way I just spout memes like every other person in the world does.
>>
>>28146912
>>28146988
It's true that people rarely admit they've lost an argument, and are more likely to stop replying or start baiting by saying increasingly outlandish things, but I was wondering how frequently people actually change their opinions after talking to people here. I suspect it's very rare.

So not how often you concede that you were wrong, but how often you realize you were wrong.
>>
I am never wrong because I have an IQ of 157.
>>
>>28147499
That's pretty impressive anon. What are your prospects like?
>>
Fairly often, and I always make sure to state my concessions. These are concessions, by the way, not full-on 180s. Last one concerned female hobbies, I think.
>>
File: ¦3.png (854 B, 33x33) Image search: [Google]
¦3.png
854 B, 33x33
as soon as someone corrects me, i immediately concede and tell them so

prove me wrong
>>
>>28146912
>4chan is a really shitty debate platform on average.
Yeah. You never get the payoff because people just leave.

I've killed so many threads I don't even.
Maybe I just suck the joy out of everyone.
>Can you remember the last internet argument you truly lost?
No. But it was pretty damn dire. I had mixed up two different things and was making no sense. It became one of those dozens of reply posts.

I didn't post again that day.
>>28147722
I can't.
>>
>>28147722
are you the guy who made the 8ch christian board?
>>
>>28147722
I do not believe you have ever been wrong about anything. As a result I cannot prove you wrong.
>>
>>28147040
I change my opinion on /his/ and /sci/ all the time. I just always have a good reason for my original beliefs so it is more like someone comes along with more information and I get a more accurate view than me being BTFO.
>>
>>28147861
That's because those are more technical topics and are not as values oriented as a lot of other things are.
>>
File: ¦3oniface Echsphaggius.jpg (141 KB, 743x990) Image search: [Google]
¦3oniface Echsphaggius.jpg
141 KB, 743x990
>>28147784
i didn't create it, but i am the universally acknowledged and elected pre-eminent authority on all matters pertaining to - and discussed upon - said board; permanently in perpetuity de facto ad nauseum quo vadis ergo sum akuna matata, Q.E.D, Q.E.II, per plebiscite, vunt sumun ples get dat pleb a seat

so sayeth me while sitting on my chair, I.D.S.T.
>>
>>28146882
>Do you lose arguments on 4chan very often?
Somewhat often.
I frequently argue viewpoints I don't believe in though, just for the fun of it and the replies.
>>
>>28148275
Have you ever had sexual intercourse? Are you an unregenerate sinner?
>>
I never win arguments. It makes me afraid to post at all.
>>
>>28150016
Poor anon. Have a free (You) for your courage in posting this.
>>
>>28146882
> arguments
You don't need arguments if everyone is wrong.
>>
there are times I just stop posting because continuing to argue would take too much effort. I don't feel like I'm wrong, but I don't feel like an internet catfight is worth spending fifteen minutes looking up sources and shit.

Rarely I'll say something really wrong that's factually and effortlessly shown to be wrong, then I'll just shrug or reply 'whoops my bad' or something. Sometimes when I post nothing, someone else will reply to the dude who proved me wrong and try to start a fight over it acting like he was the OP. Those dudes are weird.

I can't say my opinion has been changed ever. Maybe it's become more refined, or I've been able to change it slightly to adjust for perceived weaknesses, but nobody on 4chan has ever been like 'no that thing you like sucked and you didn't enjoy it' and made me go 'oh shit I actually didn't enjoy it!'.
>>
I assume I wouldn't frequent this site if I was smart so I am content to admit defeat
>>
>>28146882
I'm too scared to get into arguments or long reply chains on 4chan desu.
>>
>>28150864
Why? Are you timid to post generally?
>>
This one time I was in pol arguing about some WW2 facts and a asshole corrected me. I at the very moment I realized my mistake started to panic and changed tabs. Then one people after another started to reply to me and started making fun of me. I was getting more and more desperate as more people started to reply. I made a final giant post responding to them that I was right and closed Firefox and went to cry on my bed.
>>
Whenever a tripfag wins an argument against me I go through the archive and try to find information to DOXX them.
>>
i always have the last word. Although sometimes i'm not quite sure if it's because i've won the argument or because what i've said is so autistic they just don't bother responding
>>
>>28148577
> I frequently argue viewpoints I don't believe in
well that explains why having a discussion on here is so fustrating at times
>>
My mind has been changed many times in the past through 4chan debates. Not so much anymore now that I have more correct views and evidence to back them up.
>>
I don't think I ever have. I delete more than 2/3 of my posts midway through writing because I impose personal standards.
>>
Bumble beep
>>
>>28146882
I don't think I can recall a single argument that I've actually won, on here.
>>
>>28146882
As a libertarian indivdualist, I never lose any arguments
>>
I usually just start to samefag and falseflag if I think I'm losing. I have a few choice images I like to post to derial and take the heat off, too.

Tbh I don't know what I honestly, earnestly believe anymore. I just take chances to shit up threads when I see the chance.
>>
File: 46289696.jpg (7 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
46289696.jpg
7 KB, 249x243
I win all my arguments.

I post my reply and then I close thread, they don't even have a chance to respond!!!!
>>
A lot of the time I do, very rarely do I lose and most of them are just out of being pure lazy and many of which I just simply can't be bothered to exert extra effort for harder to find sources so I just end up closing and moving onto something else. As others have said, the payoff isn't worth it a lot of the time, but the thing that keeps me going is knowing that people lurk even if they don't reply so they are reading what you are saying and taking it in.

>that lovely feeling when quotes you with "this"
>>
>>28148275

I guess the aussies are awake.
>>
>>28146882
I usually don't come to believe that the other person is correct
But I almost always leave feeling at least somewhat incorrect
>>
i stopped using my trip because people made it clear i don't make good posts
>>
File: 1341019662673.png (18 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1341019662673.png
18 KB, 633x758
>>28154220
[robot verification sentence]
>>
>>28155486
Doj BTFO

origami
>>
>>28155632
Only a beta would care about what others think of your post content. What matters is that you think you make good posts.
>>
>>28156072
Do you reply to anything unrelated to you or women?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.