[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me to take a shower /r9k/ Haven't washed myself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7
File: shower-99263_640.png (62 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
shower-99263_640.png
62 KB, 640x640
Convince me to take a shower /r9k/
Haven't washed myself in over a week.
Also no wash thread.
>>
>>28146870
Why haven't you showered in over a week?
>>
>>28147195
what's wrong with that?
sometimes I don't wash myself for months and I don't smell bad or look black
>>
>>28147237
That's because you can't smell yourself, retard.
>>
>>28147237
I always hear this excuse and you're a fucking idiot if you actually believe that. I've been around people who don't clean themselves, it's very obviously noticeable to anyone but them that they're smelly degenerate filth.
>>
>>28146870
Not being clean is disgusting to most people. Shower for their sake.
>>
>>28147237
You probably smell horrible, not even kidding. And it's unhealthy for you to go that long without bathing.
>>
You'll feel refreshed, not like you have to shower every single day right? I shower only 3 times a week.
>>
>>28147278
If you never use soap (except on your hands where it actually has proven benefits) then you skin will quickly adapt and you can go many weeks without showering and not smell bad.
>>
>>28147353
No. You still need to clean your body with water at least once a day, completely. Even without soap. But soap is still good for you, and it's imperative to use shampoo unless you want your hair to look greasy and feel like shit

I went to a school filled with autistic kids who literally wouldn't shower or clean ever and you could smell them from down the hall.
>>
>>28147237
As I said, sometimes I don't shower for a quite long period of time, but I don't smell bad at all.
I usually use deodorant and/or perfume in order to smell nice and look clean each day. It's not so bad as you think
>>
File: 1460837879346.png (91 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1460837879346.png
91 KB, 320x240
>>28146870
fuking normalfag. I've gone for 2 weeks without showering while going to school. No underwear changes either, and just recently found out I had skid marks.
>>
>>28147417
>it's imperative to use shampoo
Also false. Mechanical cleaning with a damp microfiber cloth is just as effective (be sure to rub the hair throughly at the roots, and then pull the cloth from the root to the tip). I haven't used shampoo for years.
>>
>>28147507
You can't smell yourself. The sensors in your brain connected to smell literally learn to ignore consistently bad smells that come from yourself. Take this as a wake up call from us since clearly no one you know (if you do know anybody) would tell you this; you smell bad.

Do you brush your teeth?
>>
>>28146870

>week

smalltime
>>
>>28147195
It started out just that I didn't have enough energy for it but then after that I kinda liked it. It feels good to have control over something even if it is my own personal hygiene. Not like I have any contact with any people aside from my house mates and they haven't said anything so far.
>>
>>28147296
I don't come in contact with people tho.
>>
>>28147559
only after pieces of food get stuck between my teeth, then I have to use the toothbrush
but normally I chew gums and mentols, so my breath is fresh most of the time
>>
>>28147588
Showering would also give you control over your personal hygiene.
>>
>>28147563
Whats your record ?
>>
>>28147536
>He doesn't want his hair to smell nice and have volume
>He's okay with having greasy hair
>He doesn't want girls to run their fingers through his hair and comment on how nice it feels

Shampoo and soap used to be a meme back in the day when they had bad chemicals in them, but you can buy perfectly organic and good smelling bottles for cheap and it does make a difference on the quality of your hair.
>>
>>28146870
I haven't showered in 4 days I think

I stink of blood
>>
>>28147621
Yeah but that was just part of a routine. Didn't feel like control just something I did. I think I can get more control by deciding when and if I eventually do shower.
>>
>>28147617
No, mints do not substitute actually brushing your teeth. That's like putting febreeze on a compost pile and thinking it will smell like flowers. Do you go to the dentist? Cleaning your teeth is absolutely needed for proper health.
>>
File: 1455308728503.png (56 KB, 364x271) Image search: [Google]
1455308728503.png
56 KB, 364x271
>>28147634
Why'd you smell like blood?
>>
>>28147625
My hair looks like it's from a shampoo commercial (at least for the first 3 or 4 days after cleaning, it does get noticeably greasy after that). Damp microfiber cloth is the best hair cleaning method there is. Note that there are a wide variety to microfiber cloths and not all are good. Get one that's recommended by car detailing nerds.
>>
>>28147588
I had a roommate in my technology summer camp when I was like 13 who refused to shower the entire week that we were there and it was the most offensively awful thing I've had to endure. If I wasn't so shy I would have actually just told him to fucking shower, and I remember even the staff members tried to force him to but he wouldn't. He also wore the same clothes every single day, even when he spilled mustard on himself.
>>
>>28147645
Technically you could choose when you shower during each day. And what you do in the shower each day. Like you don't have to shampoo everyday. Then you have more control.
>>
File: IMG_20.jpg (326 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20.jpg
326 KB, 1125x1500
>>28147663
Just being an attention whore
>>
>>28147527
>school
After I hit puberty I used to shower once every two weeks tops. Probably why no girls ever liked me. That and being an ugly shit.
Who else was the smelly kid in their school?
>>
>>28147651
Tooth brushing is important, but toothpaste is 100% scam:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20657090
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17539713
>>
>>28147692
You should not be using a microfiber cloth on your scalp you rere, that will only pull follicles out and thin out your hair. Just simply rinse with water or just use shampoo which isn't hard.
>>
>>28147699
Huh guess my house mates are just polite then. Oh well fuck them.
>>
>>28147651
i live in a small village and the nearest dentist is about 20 kilometers away from my home.
my teeth have some holes because something was black inside them so I used a fork to get it out, but otherwise I don't have any problems with my teeth, they chew the food just fine with no problems
>>
>>28147704
Well that makes sense but it doesn't feel like it has as much of an effect. Like the physical change of me stinking from not showering is something that I can measure whereas not washing my hair one week doesn't really change much.
>>
>>28147717
Use baking soda or arm and hammer then. It tastes and feels nice.
>>
>>28147709
Is that your wrist? I feel like if your not gonna shower you should at least clean your wounds?
>>
>>28147726
>that will only pull follicles out and thin out your hair
It does not. Only a very few hairs come out, those that were naturally going to come out anyway. Compare to brushing, where far more hairs fall out, but I don't see you complaining about brushing. And I do hair brushing too.

>>28147775
No, damp microfiber cloth is all you need. I've tried lots of other options, none are as good as damp microfiber cloth.
>>
I used to be /nobathing/ until as a result, I flared up with a fungal folliculitis, got infected with multiple parasites in my skin, and nearly died as a result. Now I have to shower at least once a day otherwise I freak out that I will die.
>>
>>28147744
>I don't have any problems with my teeth other than absolute decay and rot

You shouldn't have ANY problems with your teeth man. Especially something like forming dead tooth which is when it decays from the inside out. Not to mention plague and bacteria smells awful and no one wants to stand next to someone who expells that stench.

>My house mates are just polite. Fuck them though

No. What the hell man? Doesn't it feel gross and bad not to be clean? I don't shower before school usually because I work on cars and I get dirty anyway and I literally can't wait to get home and shower the filth off my self.
>>
>>28147787
Brushing your hair isn't necessary for hygiene but if you want to actually smell nice and look presentable you need to use shampoo.
>>
>>28147855
You do not. Have you even tried using a good microfiber cloth?
>>
>>28147787
Also the arm and hammer and baking soda is for your mouth you Mongol.
>>
>>28147829
I got a pilonidal sinus from sitting on a wooden chair, rubbing my tailbone, wearing off the skin and not showering.

>>28147786
I like the blood.
I'm already disgusting, I don't care being more disgusting.
>>
>>28147717
That is just about plaque removal which is obviously just brushing to remove the biofilm and not eating to much sugar. Toothpaste solves the bacteria and stankmouth problem.
>>
>>28147887
No because I like getting attention from women.
>>
>>28147893
Mechanical cleaning is all your need for the mouth too. See >>28147717

>Toothpaste solves the bacteria and stankmouth problem.
Eating a healthy diet solves that. Or if you really want to be sure (eg. you are going to be kissing somebody), chew some gum first.
>>
File: 1427771726999.jpg (21 KB, 284x436) Image search: [Google]
1427771726999.jpg
21 KB, 284x436
>didn't shower for 2 weeks while studying for exams
>take a shower today after my last test
>tfw squeaky clean feel

it feels really good when you hold out long enough, OP. You should wait a little bit more
>>
>>28147898
Well I suppose getting some sort of infection and loosing the arm would certainly get more attention. Have fun cutfag
>>
>>28146870
I like getting sweaty and dirty, then after a jerk off session I shower and feel so pure.
>>
why do people even take showers? i don't understand, it's a waste of water, we should be what we are, by washing ourselves and showering we are slowly deforming our bodies and creating new species by getting that habit in our lifestyles and breeding with other people afterwards. back in the days we were are hairy, dark skinned and alpha, but in this 21st century we are all beta white fags. do the world a favor and don't make such mistakes anymore people, we will all die this way
>>
If dubs take a shower
>>
you smell like shit
>>
>>28147931
Mechanical cleaning doesn't fix the stench of death nor kill the bacteria that forms in your mouth. It simply moves the plague and bacteria around and expells a small amount of it. That's why you also rinse with mouth wash.
>>
>>28146870
Do you have a foreskin? If so peal it back and take a picture of your dick
>>
>>28148063
^this

oreganol
>>
>>28148063
Please don't do this.

Can we just all agree that if you actually want to be presentable in this world that you need to put some effort into cleaning your self?
>>
>>28148012
>kill the bacteria that forms in your mouth
Impossible and a bad idea if it were not.
>>
>>28148063
Here's a video instead

https://a.pomf.cat/crgirx.webm
>>
>>28148182
There's a difference between invasive foreign bacteria and natural forming bacteria you smart ass. Don't try and pretend like your mouth doesn't smell like poop if you don't brush using some sort of paste application and don't rinse with mouth wash.
>>
>>28148063
I can't.
I have phimosis;_;
>>
>>28148303
If you manage to pull it back after stretching for a while and find a ton of cheese please post picture here
>>
>>28148156
>want to be presentable
What if I don't?
>>28147969
>dark skinned
Niggers confirmed to be just dirty
>>
>>28148335
I will anon. For you.
>>
>>28148350
Then die alone, I don't really care. Just don't come into my place of business or into my personal space.
>>
File: 1456483976640.jpg (102 KB, 800x1203) Image search: [Google]
1456483976640.jpg
102 KB, 800x1203
>>28148398
No need to get so disrespectful anon. This is what I hate about you clean fags; you think your better than us just because you wash yourselves.
>>
>>28148278
It has minimal smell. I brush it regularly with plain water.
>>
>>28148428
I'm sorry anon but cleaning yourself isn't hard at all. I take two minute showers, brush for two minutes and spend about 2 minutes applying hair gel and deodorant and its amazing. Being clean feels amazing and the only reason a normal person would look down on you is because your very presence is offensive to anyone who actually takes care of themselves. Just try showering and cleaning your self up and see how much better you feel.
>>
>>28148439
It is literally impossible to smell your own breath properly. "Minimal smell" means it's probably ten times worse to anyone you're within talking distance of.
>>
>>28148428
we are literally better than you because we clean ourselves

L I T E R A L L Y
>>
>>28148278

You must be gross. Do you perform a lot of analingus? Mouthwash is a scam by the way. Just water down gin to 20% abv and swish it a bit. You can swallow after without fucking up from fluoride. If your diet is on point brushing teeth is unnecessary. Food is nature's toothbrush. Alcohol is all a healthy person needs.
>>
>>28148721
Enjoy your water bill cleanfag. Bet you love spending load of money on cleaning products just to have people look down on you still for being a pathetic loser
>>
>>28146870
i havent showered in 2016

i dont see the point
>>
>nosoap
>nopoo
>no deodorant
>no toothbrush
My hygiene is perfect. I take a swim in my natural swimming pool every day for fun and to rinse off, bacteria from the water colonize my body and keep me fresh and clean. I do use potassium alum rock, I just rub the crystal on my armpits and never have bo, shit is like magic. Once a week I use grapeseed oil and coarse salt flakes as an exfoliation treatment. I also eat an apple before bed most nights, chew xylitol gum during the day's fast (intermittent fasting 18:6 protocol), and use coconut oil for oil pulling once a week for dental hygiene. I guarantee I'm cleaner than anyone else here.
>>
>>28148974
I guarantee that you aren't
>>
>>28148974
>I do use potassium alum rock
Just use normal commercial antiperspirant if you're going to do that. It's not magically better just because it comes in crystal form.
>>
>>28146870
had a shower yesterday after months, I put it off because of my eczema but this time it wasn't so bad

I prepared everything beforehand so the showering itself wasn't a hassle and I used my mom's shower seat for easy scrubbing of my feet and legs, wasn't so bad

I hate hassle, I hate when you're trying to do something and something else gets in the way, I REEEEE when this happens, so preparation is the key, being in control soothes my autism, always knowing what to do next keeps my attention and soothes my ADHD
>>
>>28148742
How fucking delusional are you
>>
>>28148762
>The disgusting subhuman tries to strike back

Pro tip, all the costs you mention are pretty fucking cheap if you actually have a job
>>
>>28149081
>eczema
Does eczema make it so showers hurt?
Had it when I was a kid but don't remember any pain from warm water or soap.
Wouldn't the filth you accumulate aggravate the eczema more?
>>
>>28149137
>actually have a job
Well there is my problem.
>>
>>28148742
Food is not natures toothbrush, what the fuck are you eating? Not to mention that none of the things you mention help bad breath. Why would I rinse with and waste gin so I can go to work smelling like an alcoholic? Mouthwash is $3 for a standard bottle and feels amazing.

Holy shit I'm beginning to see why you people never leave the house.
>>
>>28149166
You need to be clean to get a job, pro tip.
>>
File: feels114.png (145 KB, 356x333) Image search: [Google]
feels114.png
145 KB, 356x333
>cant remember when I showered last
I wash my hair when I left my house tho
>but I'm a NEET so I never leave my house
>>
>>28149219
>You need to be clean to get a job
I don't get this.
>>
>>28149279
A manager or boss will not hire you if you walk in to the place of business wearing dirty clothes and smell like you haven't showered in a week. There's no way an employer would consider that to be professional behavior and considering the job probably entails dealing with customers theyre not going to let some stinky robot bring the quality of their business down. If you go in to a place for a job interview just shower and wear some decent clean clothes before stepping in. It doesn't hurt to look presentable either.
>>
>>28149062

Antiperspirant is terrible for you, it prevents sweating.

I don't pretend it's le safe and natural because it's a crystal but I do like the fact that my $6 rock has lasted me 3 years and from the looks of things will last for many more to come.
>>
>>28149390
>Antiperspirant is terrible for you, it prevents sweating.
It's literally the same thing as your crystal. You sound like a stupid hippie.
>>
>>28149333
Seems like too much effort desu. Jobs are all about having connections anyway.
>>
>>28149333

You should see the fedora rage against suits. Not only do rebbits here cry against dairy wearing suits for jobs you can do in a graphic tee and acid wash jeans, like sales, finance, and politics, they actually say wearing a suit to as interview is bad. I don't necessarily wear a suit every day, but I at least wear smart pants and a shirt with an odd jacket or cardigan unless it's really hot and I'm outside a while. Even then if it's below 90F and shaded I'll at least try to wear linen or seersucker. I do get a good chuckle at their assertion that not even CEOs or prime ministers wear suits any more. The whole point of a suit is it is the most basic menswear, never too formal, and it's comfy to boot.
>>
>>28149410

My crystal allows sweating. It's a deodorant, not antiperspirant. I actually sweat quite a bit. It just fucks up the stink germs so it smells neutral instead of bo. If you insist on not sweating antiperspirant is still dumb. Just get botox. It's like $600 and two trips a year to never armpit sweat. Some people stretch it to every 8 months. You know antiperspirants are bad when botulism is preferable though.
>>
>>28149623
>It's a deodorant, not antiperspirant.
It's an aluminum salt, of course it's an antiperspirant.
>>
>>28149507
>I need connections to get a job at McDonald's so I can afford soap and hot water
>>
>>28149686

I thought it was a larger molecule and didn't work the same way. I'm neither a chemist nor biologist though so at this point I'm talking out my ass. It does nothing to prevent my sweating. I don't really have anything to point to except lots of anecdotes and converting a couple friends and family members. It's cheap so might be worth a shot. I think I read something about zinc being used once in place of aluminum. I don't know if it makes a pretty rock though.
>>
>>28149905
To be fair it's probably less effective than modern antiperspirants. The aluminum toxicity risk is still unknown.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.