[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /can'tspeakclearly/ here? tfw I always have to repeat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1427648678305.jpg (37 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1427648678305.jpg
37 KB, 400x386
Who /can'tspeakclearly/ here?

tfw I always have to repeat myself multiple times for people to understand what I said
>>
I've taken to just not responding to people. I'd rather be simply autistic than an autist who has to constantly repeat himself.
>>
File: battlefeel.jpg (39 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
battlefeel.jpg
39 KB, 480x360
I have a quiet voice, almost like a wishper and I don't articulate correctly

I was in the same boat as you OP, until I took drama lessons. It's a fun way to practice and raise confidence. At the end of this year, I will perform a one man comic sketch on stage.

You can do it OP. Gear up and fight OP ! Claim your rightful place in the universe !
>>
I have an issue that's been going on for a few years, where I get mush mouth when I try to speak to people, like I have no problem coming up with what to say but my mouth sort of locks up when I physically speak. I know it's all in my head because sometimes I forget about that and speak normally.
>>
Everyone tells me I'm quiet/soft spoken, but if I speak louder I feel like I'm yelling

I also hate my voice.
>>
>>28146502
Do a vocaroo saying a few sentences.
>>
>>28146304
>immigrant to this new country
>can speak my mother's tongue clearly
>new language makes me stumble on my words
>this goes on for most of my life
>slowly fading away as of recently
never really bothered me desu senpai
>>
Dysarthria here. Shit sucks. I hardly ever speak now as it takes so much effort to speak clearly. I have to stop what I'm doing to try to speak.

It could be worse I guess
>>
File: 1434590000291.png (293 KB, 2560x2489) Image search: [Google]
1434590000291.png
293 KB, 2560x2489
>>28146304
>tfw have issues with pronunciation, specifically R sounds
>named Ryan
>people always think im saying my name is Wayne
>gave up after highschool and i now just go by Wayne
FUCK
>>
>>28146638
>>gave up after highschool and i now just go by Wayne
christ u r pathetic
dont do that
>>
>>28146672
i never liked my name anyway wayne is easier and sounds cooler
>>
>>28146723
>not liking your own name

cmon man thats just being a faggot
>>
>>28146304
>tfw try not to talk too often to my dad because when I do he corrects my grammatical mistakes and tells me to stop mumbling, and he starts shouting if I fail too many times (and I do)

I wish I had a nice, clear and commanding voice like other people. Instead I mumble, stammer and generally make weird noises when I'm anxious.
>>
>>28146463
>drama lessons
but then you have to deal with gay people and also homosexuals
>>
>>28146809
its not like i chose it or earned it, i feel no attachment to it whatsoever
>>
>>28146827
>actually believing gay people do drama
chads who do drama do it for pussy
take notes
>>
>>28146857
an actual chad wouldn't have to do that gay shit just to get pussy
>>
>>28146879
you're right
a chad would do it for a lot of pussy

we all know chads arent satisfied with just ONE girl
>>28146828
someone who loves you chose it for you
>>
>>28146913
>someone who loves you chose it for you
if they loved me they would have taught me how to pronounce my own fucking name
>>
I stutter,always have since 2nd grade.Can speak somewhat clearly,but not under pressure.
>>
>>28146487
I'm this poster, I would fucking love if someone could tell me what this might be and what I can do to fix it
>>
>>28146952
you fucking up your own goddamn name isnt their fault
>>
>>28146952
I'm not the guy you're replying to, but my parents tried pretty hard to help me pronounce shit but it hasn't worked out. Most people can pronounce their own names fine, I guess people like us have anxiety or neurological issues. Can't blame parents for that.
>>
Definitely. 32 year old man. Voice is very quiet and cracks almost constantly. I think it happened because I rarely talk/suffer from anxiety/have no confidence.
Someone told me drama lessons would help a lot...
>>
>>28147096
Don't go into drama,you'll mainly meet SJW's and nu-male fags.
>>
>>28146638
I feel your pain, my guy
I can't pronounce R sounds without it coming out as a W
i haven't listened to my own voice in so long, and i have no idea if it's gotten better
>>
>>28147154
>nu-male
stop prefixing nu- on to everything and just say new ffs
>>
I get this quite often but in particular not a single person I have ever spoken to seems to be able to understand me when I say the word "alcohol" for some reason.

It kind of goes both ways since I can never really understand what most people are saying to me either.
>>
>>28146827

I live in a city of secular theatrical tradition, drama on stage is a respected establishment taught in serious school.

Modern theatre with naked men performing abstract dances is a myth, it only exists in cuckland shitholes like sweden.

Also when you see a queer overeacting on stage it is funny because it is a marginal behavior. People laugh at it and it encourages discrimination. I would proudly impersonate a gay men on stage for that purpose.

Aside from that, stage acting is too serious to be taught to degenerate, where I live their only place is at the back of the oven.
>>
File: feels (56).jpg (85 KB, 573x400) Image search: [Google]
feels (56).jpg
85 KB, 573x400
>I cant understand you anon
>speak louder anon
>what are you talking anon?
and sometimes like today I sperg today out and say NOTHING at all
>>
>Tfw quiet voice, occasional stutter, and lisp
There is no escape
>>
I sound like a caveman
>>
>>28146304
>someone says something to me
> I can't understand them at all
> I ask them to repeat themselves
> I still don't get what they're saying
> ask again
> still nothing
> can sense the frustration
> end up responding with something appropriate to their tone of voice or facial expression like "yeah", "haha, right", or "I dont know"

I feel like shit when I have to do this, I honestly am trying hard to understand people who speak differently. I'm sorry...
>>
File: 1461530096423.jpg (81 KB, 924x571) Image search: [Google]
1461530096423.jpg
81 KB, 924x571
>was at my school
>mother and teacher was there
>asking me shit like always
>why you dont go to school
>can't speak a word or maximal 3 words
>everybody think I want to fuck them up
>mfw my parents and my teacher hates me
>>
Can't speak clearly, and can't understand other people.
Got made fun of as a kid because I would frequently ask people to repeat themselves 4 or 5 times before I could figure out what they said.
>>
I have a soft voice and a fat tongue so I have also speech impediments. My articulation is shit and it's so hard to overcome with my tongue that just feels too big for my mouth. My number one cause for stress and failure in this world has been my shitty voice my entire life. Speech therapy is expensive and I've tried it before with no results. The only thing that somehow gives me confidence in my voice is smoking cigarettes, I'm able to control it at a deeper pitch and even my articulation gets better. E-cigs don't have the same effect but I also stopped smoking because I don't want cancer.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.