[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DUDE YOU JUST GOTTA BE CONFIDENT!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: ngbbs5004a0fb3ffa3.jpg (39 KB, 500x596) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs5004a0fb3ffa3.jpg
39 KB, 500x596
>DUDE YOU JUST GOTTA BE CONFIDENT!
>>
It's true but not fake confidence, it has to be real confidence. People can sense when you're faking it and trying too hard.
>>
>>28142097
post pussy pls
is that good confidence?
>>
>>28142116
seconding this. its hard to take any female seriously when I haven't seen her naked
>>
Fuck being confident I hate people they can suck my dick
>>
>>28142097
Fake it until you make it.
You just need abs and muscles to keep people around long enough :/

>>28142144
When did you turn 14?
>>
>>28142166
They should stop caring about girls and find some male friends
>>
>>28142177
>male friends
I'm not gay though
>>
>>28142166
>When did you turn 14?
9 years ago faggot.

Seriously fuck normies and their stupid worthless advice, a robot knows where he stands in the sea of humanity like a rock he isn't moved, not because he wants to stand out but because he passionately hates humanity.
>>
>>28142182
People with a lot of friends are happier than people with just one gf.
>>
>>28142213
People with a lot of friends are normie scum who shouldn't be here
>>
>>28142209

>23 years old
>thinks he knows shit

laugh out loud funny. you're still a child.
>>
>>28142227
People need close friends of the same sex to be happy. I'm just now realizing this. You're unhappy because you don't have any male friends who care about you, you think a gf will improve that but she's going to make it all worse.
>>
>>28142229
I agree entirely.
>>
Confidence is meaningless without legitimate social skills. Also meaningless if you are hideously ugly. Confidence is one of a number of things that make a guy attractive, it cannot compensate for serious physical or social flaws. Neither will good looks; if a guy looked like Chad but somehow still acted like a depressed, autistic robot any high tier woman would choose a real Chad over him, and he'd be stuck with lower quality women. But looks are more important than confidence. If you had to either be a depressed good looking autist, or a confident ugly autist, I'd choose the former. In fact social skills are also more important than confidence. Confidence is pretty much only important if you've got something to be confident about, whether that be your social skills, status, good looks or big dick. A confident schizophrenic NEET hunchback is a joke.
>>
>>28142229

When does one stop being a child?

26 here
>>
WHO HERE DICK LICKER
>>
>>28142322
You will always be a child compared to an elder.
Wisdom comes with age and things that seem vague now will be clear in the future.
>>
>>28142293
Stop being so stupid bro, the only thing that girls really care about is confidence
>>
>>28142892
I would suck on nipples like that.
N-no homo!
>>
File: sponge 2.jpg (21 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
sponge 2.jpg
21 KB, 500x375
>>28142293
This shit right here

I can be confident and get through simple social interactions, but anyone who spends an extended amount of time with me realizes that I suck and have nothing to offer. At least online I can keep up the ruse by taking breaks and having time to contrive responses.
>>
File: 1461228211680.jpg (111 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1461228211680.jpg
111 KB, 600x600
>>28142892

me on the right

>poopoopeepee
>>
>>28143104
Are you confident like Chris too?

I bet you get so much pussy because that's all girls care about
>>
this isn't actually totally true

I've had two gfs, one is like a 10/10 blonde bombshell type

they both said they were attracted to my awkward nervousness

and I'm like not super attractive, or in good shape

so really just try to be comfortable with your discomfort, it shows that you think a lot about stuff and some women find that to be attractive.
>>
File: forsexualnot.jpg (179 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
forsexualnot.jpg
179 KB, 1440x810
If you never had positive reassurement you cant be confident. It would be analogous to being confident in losing all the time. That would imply no self reflection, critical thinking skills or introspection.

Women are attracted to more than confidence and that term is vague. Scientific results imply that wome nare attracted to physical features such as symetric face and manly chin, height, broad shoulders and muscles - these are the main.

Then there is personality where lies your confidence but its better to call it dominant behavior such as loud laugh, being strict in action like you know what to do, sitting close to woman without asking and such. Then the other half of personality is the plain old attributes, character and such.

Similiarity also attracts and to some degree complementarity but not in areas you care too much about like ideology or political opinions.

Women are also attracted to men who can provide wealth, social status and make them evoke emotions in them.

I will rather stick to 2d.
>>
>>28142062
You also have to not be a baby, like you are.
All you do is complain, and blame everyone else for your own shortcomings.
Try thinking assertively for once in your life, and maybe you won't be some faggot posting "muh feels" on 4chan all day.
Go watch some videos of Iwo Jima, and realize how fucking lucky you are to even be breathing, you depressed, anxious fuck.
>>
>>28142062
>JUST BE YOURSELF

originalchadadvice
>>
>>28145236
that's some hardcore projection fammo
>>
>>28145236
>Iwo Jima
The only tear that would evoke in me is knowing that japan should have won.
>>
>>28145264
someone hit home hard, and fuck it's the only answer for virtually everyone in this cesspool, but I will just pull the projection card. That'll show em', because there is no way he can prove he isn't projecting without giving out all his personal details. I've won. Check mate. I mean, there is no where he can proceed from here. Crisis averted.
>>
File: hyperboleandahalf.jpg (140 KB, 642x1054) Image search: [Google]
hyperboleandahalf.jpg
140 KB, 642x1054
>>28142062
>you have a problem
>solution : don't have a problem

Depression would be like having a bunch of dead fish, but no one around you will acknowledge that the fish are dead. Instead, they offer to help you look for the fish or try to help you figure out why they disappeared.
>>
>>28145812
Cute analogy, but no cigar.
Depression is a condition most people have seen before, but many who haven't actually experienced it, can't really fathom the sensation of it, and often confuse it for feeling sad.
However, the condition is more like being a cynical asshole, and not as damning for most depressed people as they think. That doesn't stop them from complaining on 4chan about it whenever they get the chance.
Go outside, and ride a bike. It won't make you happy most likely, but it will sure shut you the fuck up.
>>
>>28145812
Thats one A+ panel there, that entire comic is great.
>>
>>28146679
the original comic was about someone who felt no emotions for a while, and everyone wanted to cheer them up when that wasn't possible
>>
>>28147131
>not possible

It's possible, it just isn't easy.

The fish analogy is just fucking retarded though.
>>
>>28147285
the author tried to show how useless it is to cheer up someone who feel no emotions

but it was more constructive to help him feel again

in a similar fashion, simply throwing sentences like "be confident" and "be yourself" ddoesn't really work with people who have social anxiety

>>28146679

even worse, negative reinforcement has been proved to be to least effective method when trying to build a personnality (see Wendell Johnson experiment)

it is most likely that people suggesting other to "shut the fuck up" about their problems are wether fleeing in their safe space because they are unable to withstand empathy, or preventing other from reaching a sane psychological stability for primal competition motive
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.