[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you work from home, robots? You get the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 15
File: me.png (22 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
me.png
22 KB, 750x750
Why don't you work from home, robots?

You get the best part of both words (Neet World and WageKek World).
>>
File: 1461145460955.png (260 KB, 485x471) Image search: [Google]
1461145460955.png
260 KB, 485x471
I would if I had someone help me get a job, I am totally at a loss on what to do, I've never had a job before.

I would pay someone money every paycheck if someone helped me get a fucking online job.
>>
What are work from home jobs other than toiling away making a shitty video game that doesn't sell?
>>
File: 1461395244844.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461395244844.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
>>28141052
seriously this is a legitimate offer

i would literally give someone like an agreed amount of my paycheck every month for a designated number of months to do this

pls
>>
>>28141292
Just google for a bunch of example CVs and mash something respectable looking together. Then trawl local job boards and apply for as many as you can. Protip: dont just spam them with your CV, tailor each application to sound relevant to the job you're applying for. Bonus points for a dope cover letter (google again).
>>
File: 1461377004968.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1461377004968.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>28141810
cant you help

again id literally be giving you money to do this... id be like a vassal my liege
>>
>>28141821
You're just begging to get scammed.

It's seriously really easy to get a job if your google-fu is strong, especially shit-tier jobs like retail and service. Don't know what to do in an interview; need etiquette advice? Google it. Don't know how to write a cover letter? Google that shit.

Spend like a day looking at other peoples resumes/CVs and it will be obvious what you need to do. Experience is BS too, you can always make up believable stuff and exaggerate anything you do have. Employers dont care as long as it sounds legit.
>>
File: 1461015010882.jpg (60 KB, 522x468) Image search: [Google]
1461015010882.jpg
60 KB, 522x468
>>28141892
how am i begging to get scammed

w-would you scam me? ;_;

i am very, very bad at this stuff.. i don't even know where to start even now that you tell me? sigh.. i just want someone knowledgeable to hold my hand through this sort of stuff
>>
>>28141926
Argh, you stupid fucking fat disgusting American
>>
File: 1460362902697.jpg (9 KB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1460362902697.jpg
9 KB, 280x210
>>28141966
im 5'3 and im 100lbs... im not disgusting or fat..

i just have emotional issues, okay?
>>
>>28141926
i-its not like I want to scam you senpai...

Any skills/qualifications? If you just want to work in mcdonalds you can apply online via their website in like 5 minutes. Anything else, check out monster, gumtree etc for jobs in your area and apply. If you dont get any interviews consider revising your CV because its probably too generic/shitty and it's getting binned.

source: have a job, have to hire people ocassionally
>>
File: 1459647942354.gif (141 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1459647942354.gif
141 KB, 250x250
>>28142025
im more trying to get a job that i can do from home.. :x

i am too scared to leave the house aha.. that would be very hard and i dont have anyone to help me..
>>
>>28142075
Sooo like literally 30 seconds of looking and i found like 100k+ job listings for "work from home XXX"

Most seem to be customer support/helpdesk type stuff. Pretty easy but you would need to speak to plebs on the phone. You could also do IT support type stuff remotely.

http://www.indeed.com/q-Work-From-Home-jobs.html
>>
>>28142126
w-would you be my friend and help me with this you seem really knowledgeable and stuff and it would mean a lot to me..
>>
>>28142332
You don't need my help, you can do this anon.

1. Go to indeed or whatever job board and find "work from home"/support whatever jobs
2. Make a resume/CV/fill in the form or whatever is required with your details and apply. Rinse and repeat.
3. ????
4. shekels

justdoit.mp3
>>
>>28142445
please im lonely i cant do anything alone..

please ;_;
>>
File: whatamidoing.jpg (161 KB, 1890x1417) Image search: [Google]
whatamidoing.jpg
161 KB, 1890x1417
>>28142332
Leave your kik anon I'll help you
>>
File: gondola (75).jpg (21 KB, 480x643) Image search: [Google]
gondola (75).jpg
21 KB, 480x643
>>28142483
c-can you post your kik
>>
File: 2618383571.jpg (14 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
2618383571.jpg
14 KB, 200x200
>>28142451
that's the saddest thing i've read all day
>>
>>28142332
I'll help you,
email me at [email protected].
>>
>>28142501
i... im sorry for being so pathetic. im not worth anything haha.. sorry for wasting your time

thank you for giving me some motivation or hope that im not going to never get a job and be a stupid dumb leech for ever..
>>
>>28141052
>>28141038

I applied for an online search evaluator or some shit a year ago and just last week i passed the screening test. though they said they have no projects yet and I am placed in a priority list so there's that. Looking for a regular job in the meantime, finding no luck
>>
File: 1461682292808.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461682292808.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>28142489
>>28142483
please respond..

i hope you didn't leave or something.. or maybe you're mad at me.. id just prefer to add you im sorry..
>>
>>28142535
Your attitude is the problem here. If you think you're worthless that's a self fulfilling prophecy; so cut that shit out. You can literally be whatever you want to be it just takes motivation.

Learn to fake social skills and create a normie persona that you wear like armor. Personally I don't give a fuck about anyone other than myself and am probably a psychopath. You can learn to convincingly emulate and consequently manipulate others if you study them.
>>
>>28142725
>Learn to fake social skills and create a normie persona that you wear like armor. Personally I don't give a fuck about anyone other than myself and am probably a psychopath. You can learn to convincingly emulate and consequently manipulate others if you study them.

i actually did this.. for a long time. i have recently collapsed in on myslef after years of prtending to be someone i wasnt, and no matter how hard i try i cant go back..
>>
>>28142746
Out of curiosity why did it collapse? I don't see why that would happen unless you build up a social circle that is unsustainable/too high maintenance or something?
>>
>>28142781
>unless you build up a social circle that is unsustainable/too high maintenance or something?

yeah basically that happened. after years of being super confident, extroverted, and dominant to make sure i never got hurt it all fell in on itself after so much overextension and such

ive found myself with the same mental patterns that i had when i was like 15 at this point

part of me is okay with this because i feel like either someone will come into my life and help me and care for me and help me grow or i can get depressed enough to the point where i finish my botched suicide job

one of those, i hope for the former but logically it wont happen no matter how cute i make myself
>>
>>28141052
What are you qualifications, what education do you have, etc.?
>>
>>28142854
100WPM
High School

I am extremely educated in the fields of Political Science, History, Anthropology, Linguistics, and Psychology but I have no academic education in those fields, simply what I've learned from years of study and reading.

I am capable of talking to people on the phone and not stuttering and being clear and straight forward, I know how to build computers and fix them. I don't think this is really a skill though, everyone knows how to do this.
>>
>>28142829
So that's the problem; you took it too far - you need to keep things sustainable.

>make sure i never got hurt
why do you care so much? you need to expect some pain in life and learn to get over it.

>someone will come into my life
don't wait for shit to happen, make your own success in life. also, don't dwell on it for so long you get depressed - just move on with life and focus on getting a job. anyone can do it, it just takes the right mental attitude and a little effort.

>>28142881
Dude you could create transcripts. there are loads of companies offering it and its 100% remote - they just send you wavs/mp3s of conference call/audio recordings and you type that shit out into a document. seriously, look into it.
>>
>>28142881
>>28142918

Google fuuuuuu
http://www.athreon.com/transcriptionists.php

http://waywithwords.net/transcription-jobs/

https://scribie.com/
>>
>>28142918
>>28142951
t-thanks anon ill look into these but again.. i doubt ill keep doing them

i honestly would rather kill myself than do this stuff alone

i just want someone to tell me what to do and be loving..

but thank you anyways i really appreciate it a lot.. hugs
>>
File: 1359328238054421.png (29 KB, 426x401) Image search: [Google]
1359328238054421.png
29 KB, 426x401
>>28142975
That is such a ridiculous reaction. You have some actual links and advice on what to do but you wont take action it. I dont even. I tried. I'm out.
>>
>>28141038

If you want an office job and lie in a major city try call centre work. It is low paid but they always need more employees due to the high turn over. No qualifications required. I have done it before for quick moneys.

You could also try Security, that is the ultimate Robot job and very comfy. If you can get a Night Guard role then you just sit in a empty building all night, do patrols once and hour and surf 4chan the rest of your shift. If anyone breaks in just call the police, you are only there for insurance purposes, you don't actually confront robbers.

Cleaning jobs are also OK, especially night cleaning jobs, you work by yourself in offices when all the regular staff have gone home. Park your self respect at the door and just do the work.

Online work is pretty shit, 3rd worlders can do most of it far cheaper than you will ever be able to do it.

If you have friends and family still then I would talk to them and ask for help. They will probably be willing to support you if they know you are sincere about getting a job for real.

If you want an actual career rather than just a job you need skills. Either social skills or technical skills. I have neither so can't help there sorry.
>>
>>28143065
im going to do them i just know i wont follow through with them eventually

im just lonely and i want someone to take care of me im sorry im really sorry
>>
>>28142695
Sorry anon, I was at work working haha
MetalFaceJ
>>
>>28143077
There's no "take care" in this world

it's killed or be killed
>>
>>28142881
>I am extremely educated in the fields of Political Science, History, Anthropology, Linguistics, and Psychology but I have no academic education in those fields
So you have absolutely no useful skills whatsoever? Ok, got it.
>>
>>28143349
>So you have absolutely no useful skills whatsoever? Ok, got it.

yes exactly now you get it!
>>
>>28143362
Take a Microsoft exam in Windows/Server administration, or the A+ IT admin exam or one of the million other easy-to-get industry recognized qualifications ffs. They are cheap too, like <$100 each and will get you into an entry level IT job.

But you wont do that, will you anon?
>>
>>28142483
>>28142489

>using kik

These degenerates over here.

That said I sympathize, the area I lvie in is garbage and I'm tired of trying to get a job offline. I'll be looking through the resources, advice posted in here and appreciate it, even if it wasn't for me.
>>
>>28143362
You say you want a job, but you don't. You admitted that yourself in >>28143077
>im going to do them i just know i wont follow through with them eventually
>im just lonely and i want someone to take care of me im sorry im really sorry

You have the same problem everyone on this board has including myself: you're extremely lazy.
>>
File: why.jpg (35 KB, 459x294) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
35 KB, 459x294
>>28143467
At least i didnt type some of that shit out for nothing. Good luck anon.

>>28143483
The guy is just fishing for someone to say nice things about him at this point, he doesnt want actual advice.
>>
>>28142975
I have an idea that might help you. Check out 7 cups of tea. It's a website where you can talk to people all day, for free, and they'll listen to whatever shit you're going through. It's helped me out before,when I was feeling like I couldn't do anything.
>>
I've been working from home as a translator for 5 years now. Instruction manuals, scientific journal articles and other shit. You really have to be ok with not speaking to other humans for days or weeks on end to do this, and even then it takes a toll. It's been making me more and more miserable recently, to the point I took up part-time teaching just to have any contact with people.
>>
>>28144783
Try interpretation services --either over the phone, or video-- from home. I do this, for medical stuff; it is consecutive interpretation, not simultaneous. So you will need good memory skills. You do talk to people, but you will realize how dumb everyone is --not just the limited english speakers, but also the clients are fucking dumb. After that, you will realize this civilization is doomed to collapse, but you will make some dollars. I also want to try a second job as a translator, to earn more money.
>>
Wow, animeposters really are the fucking worst.
Good thread, though. Lots of useful information I'll be sure to look into on my day off tomorrow, unlike the worthless and pathetic OP.
>>
How do I get one though? I'd love to
>>
>>28143077
are you a qt grill I'll take care of you
with my dick
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 1066x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 1066x750
Fantastic thread.
Robot and cyborg job threads should be more common.
Bumping
>>
>>28141038
Warning: working from home can make already bad social anxiety much worse.
>>
>>28146139
>working from home can make already bad social anxiety much worse.
That is precisely the desired effect.
>>
>>28146349
If you truly are happy being alone your entire life, that's fine I guess.

And sometimes you really do need to leave the house for the doctor or something.

I don't really understand why you would actively want it to be worse
>>
But I do, OP.

>>28141058
Grading tests and tutoring are two. You need to have already earned a degree for that kind of stuff though.

If there happen to be any unemployed English degree holders in the thread that want to work from home, ETS.org is hiring for a lot of main tests right now. $18.50/hr for the TOEFL.
>>
I work from home. Been doing it 10 years now. Get on my level scrubs. The longest I ever was a wagecuck was only for 3 months.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.