[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did we lose the profound, /r9k/? When was it that we decided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: Book of Sequoia 5:23.jpg (49 KB, 923x557) Image search: [Google]
Book of Sequoia 5:23.jpg
49 KB, 923x557
When did we lose the profound, /r9k/? When was it that we decided as a board to give up on saying anything significant, to do away with attempts at unraveling the human experience? Why now must the moments of our lives be reduced to minutiae, brief offhanded notes cast into an abyss of the trivial?

/r9k/ used to be about storytelling. Despite what some may deem the mundane nature of what we shared, the right speaker gave life, color, and above all meaning to what was conveyed. We made fables and tales from the fabric of the everyday. There was catharsis in this exercise,and value in what was said and done.

Now, we speak merely to be heard. The action of posting becomes a selfish grab at the attention of others, our words no more than shallow clickbait. We cast our nets over general topics, abandoning nuance to reach wider audiences. The language used to carry out conversation has simplified to such a degree that the language of /r9k/ is perhaps incapable of expressing an intelligent thought.

One can place the blame on a multitude of scapegoats, and though Reddit, women, and the underaged may contribute to the problem, they are merely a symptom and not the root cause. They were attracted to /r9k/, and did not merely manifest as some claim. No /r9k/, the true cancer lies within.

We've become simple, selfish, contrarian,embittered, and vain. The "robot" identity turned that into the nature of the board. Not only tolerated, these traits are extolled as the true markers of a "robot", one who "belongs". The children of /r9k/ started worshipping this Golden Calf, and indeed, it became our undoing.

It is possible we made this place hell because we couldn't fathom the idea of our kind having a heaven. As is the nature of the robot, all that is good he obtains by divine will and destroys by his own hand. It was perhaps only a matter of time then that /r9k/ was destroyed by this subconscious urge.

The reality is that even here, we will not allow ourselves to be happy.
>>
>>28134726
I think you are expecting too much from this board. Now you done and made a fool of yourself with this diatribe. Read this over again, it doesn't look right. You should feel bad for posting this.

Lets have other people reply to me to keep this thread alive and OP embarrassed.
>>
>>28135559
Kinda agree with this dude, you're trying too hard OP.
>>
>>28135584
But it's all right, it happens to everyone with a working brain. If you could have heard everything that Plato said...
>>
>>28135559
OP is 2 billion percent serious about this anon please don't make him feel bad
>>
>>28134726
>expecting us to share color when there is no longer any
I am exactly what you describe, though, and it is sad. But there are still meaningful conversations here... sometimes.

>>28135559
>>28135584
Shaming others for behaving the way they naturally would seems to be the new zeitgeist and it's fucking tragic. Enjoy the bullshit hivemind you seem to really want to create.
>>
>>28134726
r9k is about OC
which most fags cant into
same with tripfags
they think posting something + a trip = OC
>>
>>28134726
I'm chipping away at the foundations of human experience now that the unraveling is completed.

The time for stories is over. Now is the slow labor of atomization.
>>
File: 1455197607746.jpg (156 KB, 957x1069) Image search: [Google]
1455197607746.jpg
156 KB, 957x1069
>>28135644
Listen up OP, if you held a lecture on this information I would have no choice but to sabotage it by giving out free food.

>>28135674
>Shaming others for behaving the way they naturally would seems to be the new zeitgeist and it's fucking tragic. Enjoy the bullshit hivemind you seem to really want to create.

I can really sympathize with him. I have bad ideas too. It's okay because most ideas are bad. No need to make excuses.
>>
File: 1458519170857.jpg (74 KB, 497x804) Image search: [Google]
1458519170857.jpg
74 KB, 497x804
Irony and Satire are to blame.

There are more stupid people born everyday than there are intelligent people. Those who are smart see Irony or Satire and get a chuckle out of it, try to understand the author's original intent, and move on.

Stupid people take Irony and Satire at face value and propagate it instead of looking at the whole picture.
>>
>>28135754
It's almost like we escaped the pressures of normal socialization so you have to bring this kind of bullshit to our doorstep.
>>
>>28135676
>The board that dwelled on Pepe for who knows how long and got territorial over it being used outside 4chan to the point of it self destructing is about OC.

You realize >>>s4s exists right?
>>
>>28135811
You really don't like differing opinions though. You should always expect a critic. Thesis begets antithesis.
>>
File: 1425953904230A.png (10 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1425953904230A.png
10 KB, 255x255
>>28134726
We were making oc smug pepes, pepe got huge, everyone came in thinking we were just a pepe board.
>>
I really wish i could post something interesting.
But the few interesting thoughts i have would really not have any meaning here, not even considering the fact I have a hard time putting thoughts to words.
>>
File: shy introvertsmassive.gif (391 KB, 1036x3182) Image search: [Google]
shy introvertsmassive.gif
391 KB, 1036x3182
I was instructed to stop telling stories.
>>
>>28135898
I think that's part of the problem
That /r9k/ became a board centered around (often ridiculous) opinion and not the sharing of raw experience
A place where you have to fight instead of a place where you can share with others who you know deep down inside understand how you feel
>>
File: 1444153514062.jpg (39 KB, 805x556) Image search: [Google]
1444153514062.jpg
39 KB, 805x556
>>28135936
First time seeing this story, good story.
>>
>>28135934
Stop being such a fuckin pussy and just say what you have to say.
>>
File: 2:36 AM.jpg (67 KB, 500x567) Image search: [Google]
2:36 AM.jpg
67 KB, 500x567
>>28135754
hello rato

I get you Diogenes, I really do. But I think Cynicism is the type of philosophy that ends up being self destructive after a while. It's great for burning against something but terrible in regards to creating anything. Absurdism is a better way to understand the world, because it affords a chance of finding beauty and purpose in the face of a meaningless and indifferent universe.

>>28135921
I don't want to blame Pepe for it so much as the reaction when it started getting appropriated. Pee Pee Poo Poo not only failed its purpose but also served to drive the discussion towards more juvenile topics.

>>28135934
The muse is illusive, I suppose. But that fleeting nature of insight is exactly what gives it value. The problem now is giving what you believe has value to those who cannot appreciate it.
>>
>>28136081
It doesn't belong here.
Like i said, it would be pointless.
Plus, it's all a bunch of erratic bullshit that I think of in the top of my head
>>
>>28136103
Say it, you have the moment and the audience. There is perhaps a brief moment in which we can hold this thread together and spare it the fate of others.

We don't care if you think it's important, we care that we do and you aren't speaking.
>>
>>28135754
hello rato desu desu desssu
>>
>>28136056
That picture is dumb. Getting girls to like you is about emotional reading and interaction there's no cut and dry wires to cut, this isn't autism dating sim japanimation it's real life.
This is why people say just be urself because if you need step by step instructions it won't work out you cannot always no what to do you must respond with your emotional reactions
Being yourself is wrong. You are the problem. You are what's wrong. Normies are themselves and get pussy.
>>
>>28136214
You seem to have missed the point. Cutting at the wires of a time bomb is meant to convey exactly the complexity you describe. Something as simple as "cutting the wire" takes on new challenge for somebody inexperienced and anxious, and so the advice of the veteran on the line is clearly misplaced in the hands of somebody who needs a completely different set of instructions.

I'd like to add that the bomb clearly isn't just "pussy". Sure, normies get pussy, and probably a small portion of robots do as well. But a meaningful relationship and the reciprocation of love is an entirely different goalpost, one that many normies fail to understand is the actual intent of a robot.
>>
>>28136140
Fuck it, i guess.
I had this weird notion the other day while i was working.
A large part of separating the races of humans is the distinction of the skin tone, right?
Well, from my understanding Caucasians come from the northern European region because their skin tone had th become pale to be able and get enough energy from the sparse amount of sun.
Well, I live in the south and anyone that's a laborer becomes quite dark in the summer.
It was just a thought that because of one of the main things that seperates us as races changes, that we lose a bit of our key factoring as a race when they move around and adapt to different climates.
Like i said, just random bullshit that just comes from nowhere.
>>
>>28136509
Nah, it's alright and it's an interesting thought enough. Race as it stands is certainly something that's becoming more difficult to think of in absolutes; projects like 23&Me have certainly contributed to a better understanding of genetics and genetic ancestry.

Would you happen to take the stance of cultural preservation? As in, do you believe that certain races and cultures should have their practices not only encouraged but possibly subsidized? Or do you believe that cultural homogenization and mutation should happen naturally as blue jeans and Internet spread the gospel of Globalism?

Also, do you believe that people should stay in their country of origin when possible or be allowed to emigrate freely? What about peoples without a single national background or for cultures with no sovereign territory?
>>
>>28136616
In short, im more in favor of keeping races within themselves (in a reproductive way.) But i know this simply wouldnt happen unless you had a totalitarian world, so the only thing i can do is just not do it myself. But i also believe that mixed races create stronger genes or some shit like that.
As for cultures, I had a thought the other day on how i would run things as a deity/world emperor if i could.

Different cultures and races would meet, trade, and travel through others freely. (Aside from extremist assholes.) However, it would be illegal for anyone of a different culture or race to permanently reside in another area,
This would allow different cultures to meet others and develop as societies, but would keep main traditions because people that didnt belong in that nation didnt white wash it.

Imagine if a primarily islamic city was suddenly, yet peacefully inhabited by 1/3 percent catholics. Architecture, trade, everything would change and it would just become a diluted version of two different religions, but wouldnt really go forward anywhere.

Now imagine if you have a catholic city and an islamic city and both were peaceful and traded and traveled among each other. Catholics would still come back to a catholic place and vice versa, yet they would have a wider view of the world and may come back with an idea or two for a food, rather than trying to slam everything together and kill culture and religion entirely when race and culture is mixed too much.
>>
>>28136616
And for people that were possibly born into a place with no territory or culture. I say just throw them all onto a small island and just see what happens.
>>
>>28134726
The history of /r9k/ is the history of 4chan generally: a cyclical process of discovery, colonization, and degradation. With every new wave of inhabitants the voices of the old are drowned out and replaced by those of the new. They lower the bar for discourse, shaping the board in their image.
>>
>>28136786
I've always considered the notion of keeping "nations" to themselves a little silly. Most modern nations, even in Europe, are conglomerate cultures. "France" includes the Occitanians, Basques, Bretons, and many other non-"French" peoples and cultures. Spain's Galicia is a Celtic region on the Iberian peninsula. "Germany" is the taped together Frankenstein of a vast array of cultures and nations, which were split up into an array of principalities, duchies, and city-states. Italy as well has distinctly different cultures between the Northern and Southern parts of the country. A majority of the Americas is inhabited by peoples composed of some mixture of European and American peoples.

The argument breaks down the stricter you enforce racial purity, because it becomes increasingly more impractical.
>>
>>28135559

Naw friendo, OP is exactly right, and I am going to hide your post.

I just want you to know that your voice makes no sound.
>>
>>28136949
I, myself can admit that it's not the best idea,
But i've always wondered how it look if things did turn out that way, and these are all just random scenarios I play out in my head. These things aren't ideas and beliefs set in stone, just babbling bullshit that I think of when im at work.
I've yet to figure out if my habit of overthinking is good or bad.
>>
>>28134726
>We've become simple, selfish, contrarian,embittered, and vain

Odysseus was all of these when he was making his way back to Athens almost 3000 years ago. The problem isn't modern, it's inherent in society.
>>
>>28135674
>shaming others for behaving the way they naturally would
>"the new zeitgeist"

It's human nature, dude. And it's fair. If someone is acting stupid or in OP's case, melodramatic and pretentious, then other people will negatively react to that, and he will eventually figure out what's wrong with him and change his mental state. That's how maturity happens.
>>
>>28134726
R9K's fate is the natural result of the forward march of time. This board's (and every other board on 4chan) traffic has increased dramatically over the last few years, we have thousands of independent users. How do you expect a group that large to have meaningful conversations? R9K is a victim of mass culture. In order for something to gain any kind of traction, it must appeal to the lowest common denominator. Which in this case is really fucking low.

Btw, how's ANTH 101 going?
>>
>>28135754
hello rato

asasa
>>
>>28134726

I think truth is more important than happiness.
>>
>>28136509

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_determinism
>Environmental determinism, also known as climatic determinism or geographical determinism, is the study of how the physical environment predisposes societies and states towards particular development trajectories.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clime
>Claudius Ptolemy was the first ancient scientist known to have devised the so-called system of seven climes...

with climes causing the differences between races.

Now consider how Ethiopian runners do so well in marathons.
>>
File: 1461661931742.jpg (263 KB, 720x764) Image search: [Google]
1461661931742.jpg
263 KB, 720x764
>>28134726
That was a bit long, m8, can you do a short version because I didn't want to read that wall of nonsense.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.