[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /divorced parents/? Dad left when I was 10. I never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1446364196812.jpg (22 KB, 349x344) Image search: [Google]
1446364196812.jpg
22 KB, 349x344
Who here /divorced parents/?

Dad left when I was 10. I never really thought much about it until now.
>>
>>28134196
>tfw mom went from drunken dude to drunken dude whilst struggling through financial Hell to keep my sister and I alive
>tfw all of those fights and all the yelling during my younger years
It felt weird hearing grown men break down and lose their fucking minds.
At least she found a decent guy though.
>>
>Dad went to jail when I was 4
>Paid some dudes to kill some guy because my Dad was a retarded Hell's Angel
>Mom became a functional alcoholic single mom
>She still did her best no matter what

>That asshole is still in jail.

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do when he gets out in a few years
>>
thank god my parents aren't divorced.
For all you kids with divorced parents, good luck. you were fucked without a choice.

"step" is gonna move in soon anx treat you like shit.
>>
>>28134196
>parents divorced when I was 5, mom was an alkie, but she got full custody anyways.
>>
>parents never married
>broke up when i was 3-4 yo
>had to put up with 3 step dads and serveral other dudes
just fuck my shit up fampai

good thing im living alone for over 2 years now
>>
>>28134425
iktfb

Did she try at least? My mom drinks way too much wine but she still does her best
>>
>>28134423
>>28134262
Thank him every night, I'm still hopelessly fucked and probably going to end up homeless.
At least now I can use my mosin and what's left of my ammo and hunting gear to live off of non- GMO estrogen infused cancer.
>>
>dad found out mom was cheating on him
>bunch of fighting before and after the fact until they split
>was old enough to decide who to stay with
>didn't really care because it just means no more fighting between them
>younger sister had to visit mom every other week or so
>never had to except to go eat somewhere and shopping
It was an alright experience.
>>
>>28134591
She didn't try at all. Dad had to give up the job he loved to fight for custody, and when he got it, she disappeared for five years. Then she ignored me when I went to visit her in the summer and sent me to her mother's house for a month straight every summer. She went into a drunken coma when I was 16, and died the week before I started college.
>>
>>28134777
damn. How are you doing now?

Shit, I barely got by even with a pretty good mom.
>>
File: uTk7Cht.png (679 KB, 1000x997) Image search: [Google]
uTk7Cht.png
679 KB, 1000x997
>>28134196
ZANGYAKU A CUTE
>>
>>28134864
Neetbux aspie with Avoidant Personality Disorder, a couple suicide attempts and involuntary psych holds on my record, but besides that, life's pretty good anon. I had a pretty good run for a few years where I could fake having it together and did some cool things, but in the end it all catches up with us.
>>
>>28134967
Shit dude are you alright now?

I can sympathize with what you've done, I have some scars. I just got off school and I'm trying to repair my mind a bit over the break
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 875x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 875x565
>mom and dad were both alcoholics
>split up when I was two
>mom continued to drink and generally be insufferable in every way
>lived with my mom
>dad went to AA and was clean in a few years
>once sober, my dad was awesome and always was there for me
>mom would be super bitter and guilt trip me for spending time with my dad
>stepmom and mom don't get along because my mom is super bitter
>split holidays and vacations
>mom constantly trying to one up my dad
>always talks shit about him
>my dad never said anything about my mom that wasn't understanding or gentle
>mom never admits she did anything wrong
>mom socially stunts me by being overly strict and doesn't let me make friends, then wondered why I spend all my time online
>mom never remarried
>mom constantly antagonized me for liking nerdy stuff because my dad did too (like D&D, manga, comics, vidya, etc)
>wanted to live with my dad but genuinely worry mom will kill herself if I did
>instead moved across the country when I was 17 to go to college far far away from them

Not gonna lie, I am kinda salty. My siblings on my dad's side grew up with two parents, one staying at home and super involved in their school and everything, and I can't help but be a bit envious that they got more of an advantage. I don't blame everything on my mom but there are definitely a few factors I've traced to my upbringing I've had to work on.

I love my mom but I am very low contact.

Because of my experiences, I am very anti-divorce. I feel like if you can't make it work for the children (outside of abuse or cheating), that sucks for you, but don't make your kid suffer. Growing up with a single parent fucking sucked. Obviously some single parents are fine and do a great job but I don't recommend it.
>>
>>28135051
Depends on what people mean by alright. I'm not going to be employable or social anytime soon. I'm a lonely neet in a studio apartment, two blocks away from the ho-stroll in a mediocre low-tier American city.

But compared to 2012 when I was homeless, or 2014-5 when I lived in a dope house hotel, where the neighbor across the hall from me was a methhead who let her cats out to roam the hallways at 3 in the morning every fucking night, or 2010 when I was working 70 hour weeks for a cheap rwandan and crying myself to sleep alone in the cab of my rig 3-4 times a week...

I can't complain at all. I am also half drunk and feeling good, so results may vary.
>>
>>28134196
>Who here /divorced parents/?
Like half of everyone
>>
>>28135068
fuck dude. It's always the worst fucking people who have kids.

I think you should at least call your mom occasionally. You don't have to like it but she birthed you so you may as well try to be amicable.
>>
When I was 4. My mom is schizophrenic as well. Living on tough and not too hard difficulty because I'm smart and tall but weak willed.
>>
File: image.jpg (550 KB, 900x1284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
550 KB, 900x1284
>>28135223
I do call her every so often. Maybe twice a month, and she gets texts more often with photos. I don't hate my mom. I see her as a very flawed person and treat her as such.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.