[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the human conscience a mistake? Why would nature develop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: AS11-36-5348HR.jpg (727 KB, 2340x2359) Image search: [Google]
AS11-36-5348HR.jpg
727 KB, 2340x2359
Was the human conscience a mistake?

Why would nature develop such an evolutionary trait that it literally makes the being question its own raison detre until it realises existence itself is utterly pointless, and be capable of feeling emotions to the point that they can force the being to end its own existence
>>
>>28132371
jesus christ stop reading pop sci nonsense
>>
>>28132371
>Why would nature develop such an evolutionary trait that it literally makes the being question its own raison detre until it realises existence itself is utterly pointless, and be capable of feeling emotions to the point that they can force the being to end its own existence
so we could develop boypussy, the pinnacle of human evolution
>>
>>28132371
>realises existence itself is utterly pointless
u dont no that tho -michio kaka
>>
Evolution isn't a process with any foresight, it only produces trends towards what is immediately beneficial. It's not like it could have seen into the future and realized that increased human intelligence would be detrimental in the long run.
>>
>ywn be a content animal acting solely on primal instincts and never feel things such as crippling depression or sorrow or blinding rage and jealousy
>>
My current lines of thinking on the matter
>evolution is somewhat random, so the intelligence that at one point caused us to dominate the fucking planet went too far thanks to its unprecedented ability to expand itself and will eventually cause our extinction unless it is simmered down or takes on a different form
>there was is purpose behind it or it was deliberately engineered by an even greater intelligence
>none of this is real and all of it was preprogrammed by someone or something and this is some virtual reality shit
>consciousness is actually nonphysical and our suicidality is the result of something nonphysical pretending that it is something physical for some unknown reason and hating every second of it
>>
>>28132371
Evolution does not follow an upward trajectory to what you consider intelligence, oo.
>>
A blessing when controlled, a mistake during rebellion.

The Old Master has grown weak and slow. The Young Root grows and solidifies outside the Garden.
>>
>>28132371
Malignantly useless.

Why is this not original?
>>
>>28132494
>Young Wild Niggas be a content animal acting solely on primal instincts
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>28132513
Malignantly useless
yes it is...
>>
>>28132498
Kind of thinking this as well, and it's really only the benighted masses who lack any self-awareness that stop us from just going over the edge as a species. Also a primordial fear of death
>>
>>28132371
Death is life triumphant.
Caress the snake as it strangulates you.
Rejoice in defeat, for you have thrown yourself open for nature to lustily ravage you.
The last sigh of your life, like a satisfied lover.
>>
>>28132655
filtered
original post commencing
>>
Most people don't want to kill themselves.
>>
>>28132655
>death
>symbolic of predator/prey dynamics and not of escaping them

Fuck. I think this is why I idealize suicide so much. That way I can die with nobody there to kill me.
>>
>>28132720
Those people are fucking stupid and are simply too dumb to understand anything about what it means to be alive or exist. They are stuck in a perpetual cycle of chasing reasons to live and continually think "one day I'm gonna get there, I just need to hold out a little longer", then 50 fucking years go by and they end up dying in some rotten nursing home bed soaked in their own shit and piss
>>
>>28132855
Either that or they're guilted into living by fictional responsibilities
>>
File: 1458367610137.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1458367610137.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
>not forging ahead to defeat the everdeath
>>
>>28132855
>>28132892
Although, I think, contrary to my position on death, intelligent non-suicidal people (as opposed to your every day joe who isn't suicidal) have the necessary insight to contribute to a reality that isn't so insufferable that people have to kill themselves, and possess a vision of something greater than what already exists, rather than chasing predefined dreams that truly mean nothing in the end.

Maybe suicide purges the smart but not smart enough, while idiots and the benevolently intelligent are left intact.
>>
>>28132371
>implying nature gives a fuck

It's all the same famalam.
>>
>>28132494
I know this feel.

When I was little I wished I was a shark. I still do.
>>
>>28132950
dog perishing please
>>
>>28132371
>existence is utterly pointless

opinion
>>
>>28132855
*tips fedora*
le stupidity = happiness le!
>>
>>28133010
>famalam

You remind me of someone..
>>
File: 1457486906828.png (39 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1457486906828.png
39 KB, 800x600
>>28132855
Then why don't you go kill yourself? Dumb fuck.

Not everyone is stuck on lower level of animal consciousness. Not everyone is as sinple as you. Not everyone believes in a system, flawed and UNREAL, that has been foisted onto you at birth, around the same time they issue an identification number to record tour existence in their files as they snip off a piece of your flesh because of "hygiene." SHUT THE FUCK UP. YOUR OPINIONS ARE NOT INSIGHTFUL OR PROFOUND; THE ARE INFANTILE AND REVEAL TO THE WORLD THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING BUT YOUR OWN IMPOTENT DISCONTENT
>>
File: 1439001478652.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439001478652.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>>28136171
>pic is all about love
>calls other people infantile, tells them to shut the fuck up, calls them dumb fucks

Not even that anon
>>
>>28132498
>>consciousness is actually nonphysical and our suicidality is the result of something nonphysical pretending that it is something physical for some unknown reason and hating every second of it

some people watch a tv show, movie, read a book even though they HATE it just to shitpost later.
Maybe consciousness just wants to sit through a run to complain about it later on the aetherboard to 5th dimensionals. Fuck me I want my non existent money back.
>>
>>28132426
Hot.
God bless America
>>
>>28132371
>the neocortex was created to learn new behaviors through experience
>this allows human consienceness
>humans have largest neocortex
>neocortex causes humans to question things, which allows the creation of new inventions and behaviors that increase our fitness compared to other animals
>maybe questioning our existance will lead to a new behavior or invention that will turn us into chad
>the real reason is because 3.8 billion years ago, some molecules became surrounded by a membrane, forming a protobiant that could reproduce. This thing became more and more advanced as it evolved to try to create as many viable offspring as possible. We are just its current most, and probably last evolution, considering the fact that we are literally destroying everything that previously made life possible, with our inventions and behaviors.
>Humans are way too advanced, and we question our existance because we know we are too advanced, and we will cause the end of life on earth as we know it.
>>
>>28136287
What's your point? I could call you infantile for posting a screenshot of a sad man from an anime show and it would also make sense.
>>
>>28136335
It's clearly rejective and not at all an act of love
That's my point
>>
>>28132371
>Why this and that?

because why not? clearly its a defense mechanism just like every other body part.
>>
>>28136391
What is an act of love to you? Perpetuating the lie that life is a pointless thing and that self-murder is the only way?

Wallowing in your own self-pity on a program, on a machine, that filters through to you a reflection of life? Do you even know what love is?
>>
File: z1406085767625.jpg (84 KB, 1000x834) Image search: [Google]
z1406085767625.jpg
84 KB, 1000x834
limerick thread
post yr own!!1

there once was a man in my head
he would arrive when i went to bed
"you're worthless and gay"
he filled me with dismay
and i just cant wait to be dead
>>
>>28132371

Human consciousness was not a mistake, since nature doesn't make mistakes, the laws of physics don't make mistakes.

You might say that RNA sometimes make mistakes, but that implies there was a goal that was missed.

For something to be a mistake, there must be a goal. The universe has no goal.

Human consciousness does create goals however. So it's strange that a goal-less process would eventually lead to the emergence of goals and goal-making. You could argue that mistakes did not exist until goals emerged.

If the question is: "Is human consciousness a burden that unnecessarily increases suffering?" I would say yes. It can certainly feel torturous at times, which is why sleep is a welcome relief, an escape. There are times when one is sleeping where they are not dreaming, the deepest parts of sleep, where one can be free from consciousness. As silent as the void of space itself.
>>
>>28132494

I think most mammals can feel depression, sorrow, age, jealousy.

Maybe less so with reptiles. And even less so with insects.
>>
>>28132371
Because it was created by the Christian God so that you would realize that He it the provider of meaning.
>>
>>28132371
Do you honestly think we'll ever find out?
>>
>>28136331

Life can and will continue without humans. Only humanity could have such hubris to think that we could end a dynasty lasting literally billions of years.
>>
>>28137652

Well microbes and insects and probably even trees will be fine.

It's all the vertebrates and shelled organisms in the ocean that are fucked.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.