[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else /lisp or speech impediment/ here? >tfw it sounds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1444332158061.jpg (54 KB, 700x472) Image search: [Google]
1444332158061.jpg
54 KB, 700x472
who else /lisp or speech impediment/ here?

>tfw it sounds like i'm spitting when I say "ch" "sh" "J" sounds, and I say them out of the side of my mouth.
>tfw it has affected my self esteem my whole life
>terrified of speaking in front of a lot of people, and very hesitant in conversations
>I go out of my way to try to think of words that don't have those sounds in them
>when ordering food and they ask what kind of cheese I want, I say "American or "swiss" even though I'd rather have cheddar or pepper jack, because I don't want to have to say them

Some of you probably have it worse than me. At least people can still understand me when I speak.
>>
I tend to talk really fast and slur my words if I'm not paying attention.
>>
I whistle slightly when I say S's and it makes me want to kill myself every day
>>
>tfw talk fast and stutter like a meth head
>>
File: 1461620044162.png (103 KB, 684x576) Image search: [Google]
1461620044162.png
103 KB, 684x576
>>28129971
I made this thread because I just listened to my voice in a recording and suddenly wanted to kill myself ;-;
>>
File: lisp.png (163 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
lisp.png
163 KB, 400x400
You're right, I probably should write a little bit of lisp now
>>
>>28130302
I've actually bought an old Symbolics Genera Lisp Machine recently and fixed it up a little. It's great.
>>
>>28129876
I want to cuddle you because I used to have a lisp but grew out of it.
>>
>>28131817
*cuddles with you*
>>
How do you cure sperg voice? I want to just talk in a different accent altogether but it's almost impossible for me
>>
>tfw when I had a really bad stutter as a kid but my parents sent me to a really good speech therapist and now the only remnant of this is my lack of a glottal stop because I slightly over enunciate words

I'm still not super great at talking but whatever. I like when people point out my lack of a glottal stop though, makes for an interesting conversation.
>>
wtf who deleted my post
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.