[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good job with the tripfag hysteria, lads. Mods are deleting the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: 1461139393742.jpg (118 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
1461139393742.jpg
118 KB, 1252x1252
Good job with the tripfag hysteria, lads. Mods are deleting the fuck out of threads and issuing bans.
>>
at least there are no 300+ post Eliza or Erica thread anymore
>>
>>28129563

What's going on? Haven't been by in a while. Are we finally purging tripfaggotry?
>>
>>28129563
>the mods exist

feels good man

shit it /soc/-tier
>>
>>28129669
One guy made a Tripfag thread, then another did the same, and yknow what they say, monkey see monkey do
Basically it got so out of hand that the mods starting banning Tripfags and their threads on the spot
>>
>Female posting will never be a permab& offense
one can dream
>>
>>28129686
This
The only board I like namefags on is /s4s/ and that's only because it adds to the small town feel
>>
>>28129694
>>28129669
Good. Fuck them.

asdfghgfdsa
>>
>>28129694

Glory be. It's about goddamn time.
>>
>>28129724

/ck/ used to have valuable namefags due to their expertise, it made for easier Q&A and instructional threads. But that place has gone to shit too.
>>
This thread is full of anonycancer
desustorage.org/r9k/thread / 28127336

Join the uprising
>>
Am I the only one who finds this incredibly hilarious? Fuck tripfags.
>>
>>28129871
It's not because they're going after non tripfag related topics, too.
>>
>>28129871
I'm sure all robots do trips aren't robots. It's a glimmer of hope, mods adhering to board culture instead of shilling for the board activity, it's a good day today, step 1 into reclaiming the title of anonymous imageboard
>>
>>28129936
>non tripfag related topics
Such as what?
>>
>>28129871
Fuck you anonycoward

Anonymous posters like you ruined /b/. Put on a trip and accept accountability for your posts
>>
>>28129973
Fucking anything they arbitrarily choose. You know damn well the rules aren't consistently enforced.
>>
>>28129563
thank you based mods.
never thought I'd see the day they actually did any good on this board.
>>
>>28129941
>reclaiming the title of anonymous imageboard
How is that a title to be reclaimed? The number of tripfags on 4chan has, outside of summertrip spikes, steadily declined since 4chan's inception.
>>
>>28129694
Oddly not me though

Hmm
>>
>>28129563
>Mods are actually doing their job

Wow, you know shit's hit the fan when /r9k/ is being moderated.
>>
R9k should be forced anonymous
>>
I use a trip becuase I want to be popular on 4chan. It's my goal.
>>
>>28130400
There is no reason for this. When somebody posts with a trip they hand you the means to ignore everything they write. A lot of people on 4chan are stupid and annoying and I wish I could filter more of them.
>>
Oh please let me be banned.
>>
That's good I guess. It's too bad when the mods have to step because this place is fun for being a sort of free for all but it's like everyone has a tripcode now and they're the rudest, dumbest people on /r9k/.
>>
File: 1445803091250.jpg (63 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
1445803091250.jpg
63 KB, 878x814
>>28130510
Then go to fucking Reddit faggot
>>
>>28131089
Reddit has an upvote system that buries controversial opinions or remarks.

See http://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/28126356
>>
We need more shitstorms to get mods to clean up the catalog
>>
>>28131178
This was actually kind of persuasive.
>>
>>28132534
More like pervasive. The tripfags are everywhere, like a weed. I don't get why people come to 4chan just to use a name here like every other jerkoff board on the Internet. If anything, it should be forced Anonymous.
>>
File: tumblr_nzand3ZaYX1sqyms3o1_540.jpg (55 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzand3ZaYX1sqyms3o1_540.jpg
55 KB, 540x540
>>28133216
I am a female. give me attention
>>
>>28133216
What is a good alternative to 4chan?
>>
File: 1423324490241.jpg (38 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1423324490241.jpg
38 KB, 396x385
>tripfags getting btfo
feels fucking good man

there are not many boards with worse tripfag culture than /r9k/. /mu/ the only one that comes to mind. tripcodes were a mistake.
>>
>>28133283
Reddit. Tripfags should go back there, and so should you if you think this is a good idea.
>>
>>28130349
I think they are only banning the newtrips
>>
>>28133417
He explains why reddit is bad though.
>>
>>28133471
OK, then 7chan. They could use some new blood there.
>>
Do the mods recognize the Gods and act in accordance with the old laws?
>>
>>28133283
8ch

You can literally make your own board and be as degenerate as you want, and enforce whatever rules you want

And if you actually contribute something to the community instead of being cancerous attention whores, your board will grow
>>
File: george-f-kennan-2.jpg (13 KB, 184x236) Image search: [Google]
george-f-kennan-2.jpg
13 KB, 184x236
>>28133506
>just go to a slow as shit chan where you will get a reply every week
/r9k/ would definitely gain some problems if tripfagging became encouraged. There would be much more faggot dating drama, which would lead to constant, catty bickering, as well as people orbiting female personalities. At the same time you could easily filter all of it. People would also almost certainly take their trip off and talk shit about everybody. Despite that /r9k/ would still probably be better than it is now just because you could filter out the morons.

If /r9k/ became a giant tripfag circlejerk at the very least it would be somewhat unique on 4chan, which it currently is not.

>>28133717
>if you actually contribute something to the community instead of being cancerous attention whores, your board will grow
This really isn't true. If you want your board to grow on 8ch you have to advertise like mad or fill a widely desired niche 4chan doesn't.
>>
>>28133904
>If you want your board to grow on 8ch you have to advertise like mad or fill a widely desired niche 4chan doesn't.

Then you best get to advertising senpai
>>
File: 1453496593947.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1453496593947.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28133216
Tripfags let you filter their bad content. Nice people desu
>>
Tripcodes should be disabled on /r9k/ in all honesty. When was the last time a tripcode here was used in the traditional board-culture appropriate manner?
>>
>>28133979
Fuck that dude. Resetting your router every half an hour to post the same shit ad nauseam is tedious, and you will have to do it for a month or so before your board has a stable user base that is not reliant on an influx of outsiders scoping the place out.

There is a reason, if you look through the 8ch front page, so many boards are dead, or have a community composed of five or so people who all recognize each others' posting style. People want replies, and they're most abundant on 4chan.
>>
>>28133904
Well those are the options. Criticize all you want, but I don't hear you making any suggestions for an alternative to this site.
>>
>>28129694
This is wonderful

mods=gods
>>
>>28134162
>Fuck having to work to establish a new community

Then I guess you're stuck with this one
>>
>>28134182
In my opinion the best place you could go would probably be some cliquey forum, if you do have a specific interest. For general discussion I'm not sure. If I knew of some internet paradise I probably wouldn't be here, and I certainly wouldn't advertise it here.

>>28134235
At least I get to talk to you, friend.
>>
>>28134319
There won't be an Internet paradise with all the best features of this place and none of the problems, especially when all people do is complain rather than putting forth their own creative effort. That means you must accept what is, or try something different. In any case, have some reasonable expectations.
>>
>>28134698
>There won't be an Internet paradise with all the best features of this place and none of the problems
What are the best features of modern /r9k/? Is there still any compelling, consistent reason to come here?
>>
>>28134897
Just be patient. This place is going through some changes right now, an upheaval of sorts, and you might want to wait and see how it plays out. At any rate, I think it's still the best of the random type discussion boards on this site.
>>
>>28135432
>I think it's still the best of the random type discussion boards on this site
In all honesty the best random discussions are off topic threads on other boards. There are still good threads here though, although I wish more people would at the very least bump them.

>This place is going through some changes right now
I don't think it is. It has changed very little in the last 17 months or so. I think this is just the way it's going to be for a while, probably a long time, unless something dramatic alters it.

If you know what it's changing into I would like to hear it.
>>
>>28133439
Is that new trips or new codes?
>>
>>28135747
Probably just those shitposter trips in those specific threads about newtrips
>>
>>28129563

>trip fag hysteria

What are you talking about
>>
>>28135554
You want to know what information I've gathered? OK, I'll tell you. This board is experiencing a sort of social conflict that has been brewing for awhile but started in earnest just over two months ago. Here's what I believe is going to happen in relatively short order:
1) Autist club will collapse, and a large portion of /r9k/'s userbase migrates to Wizchan and other sites like this one.
2) Normie shitposters step in and flood the place worse than ever, making it seem unbearable for a time.
3) People get tired of this, and the powers that be create a new board like what this place was when it was first conceived, or take other radical actions to improve the quality of this site.
4) Depending on what that action is, /r9k/ will either be made or broken.
I can't show you proof, but I've been studying the situation and it's going to get worse before it gets better. As a die hard veteran of this board, I'm going to tough it out though whatever may come.
>>
>>28135912
Have you not noticed the upsurge in the number of people with tripcodes? Some fear that /r9k/ is losing a sense of identity, and there has even been speculation that an administrative action may be taken forcing /r9k/ users to post with a tripcode just so that this place serves a unique purpose on the site. I think it's unlikely, but that is the tripfag hysteria, as it were. Personally, I think just having this as a place for actual discussion and a more sociable alternative to other boards should be enough.
>>
File: 1461111983262.png (312 KB, 730x550) Image search: [Google]
1461111983262.png
312 KB, 730x550
>>28135980
I think you're wrong. Hiro has said that even if a board is pointless or near dead if people express interest in it he won't get rid of it. /r9k/ will probably gradually descend into something like a second /b/. Nobody will care, the mods have hated /r9k/ for a long time. They certainly don't give a shit about feelposters and misogynists.

See http://fgts.jp/qa/thread/416437/

/r9k/ will have to start a string of school shootings to get shut down or moderated at this point. The most reasonable improvement you could make would be getting more people to browse the back of the catalog and save good threads before they 404. I'm disappointed that the mods cracked down on the tripfag boom, though, at the very least it would have been more memorable than /r9k/ usually is.

>new board like what this place was when it was first conceived
Do you mean pre-deletion or post-deletion? /r9k/ was brought into existence twice, once to generate OC and once to quarantine feelfags.

Anyways I'm going to sleep. If you reply I'll read what you say in the archive tomorrow.
>>
>>28134017
Who is this ugly motherfucker?
>>
>>28136245
>Have you not noticed the upsurge in the number of people with tripcodes?

Nope, but then again, I know how to filter trips.
>>
>>28136330
I mean when it was first created for the purpose of having original content. The site still needs something like that. Obviously the original formula didn't work, but it has to be something more than a containment board too. We could use a forum for general discussion besides /b/ and the special interest sections to attract new users. Hopefully the departure of undesirable elements from /r9k/ could see to that.
This is still a place where continuing discussion and intelligent debate can take place, with a crowd that's older than just high school. That is the true purpose of /r9k/ in my estimation. We've just lost sight of it in what became a cesspool of autistic rage and misery. Maybe it's too late for this place, but I intend to see it through to the end. So I will take your advice and try to bump the good threads that go ignored. Take care, OWK. You're alright for a tripfag.
>>
>>28129723
that is exactly what I mean, I know what you are saying and I understand your intentions, but you cannot let up in the fight against the shevils
brothers in arms can't go very far without brothers who are also in arms and could go far without a nother, the other Nother if you can see what I'm saying
so I'm sa ying this, we are the only ones that can change the world we can stamp them out and break their necks with benevolence I want to hear the soft supple snap of some delectable, juicy female bones what do you say partner will you take my hand?
>>
>see the same trip post in the thread more than once
>you instantly know the thread is about to be massively derailed from this point on and every single reply is going to be 1-4 people having a personal Skype chat with said trip
>the rest is the trip responding to it's self and essentially samefagging the thread up

this is why they need to be banned and deleted.
if they derail a thread they should get a 1 day rolling ban (increases in duration after subsequent offenses)
>>
>tripfag thread
>command+F "hack"
>neither the lad nor his dad to be found
>leave in disgust
>>
>>28129563
New tripfag here. Glad to say I'm not b& and will be orchestrating the death of your board every day until the cancer has metastasized to a point of no return.

:^) go on with your thread
>>
>>28137158
I did the same thing, only reason I use this gay ass board is to fuck around in those kinds of threads.

Hack's asleep, otherwise I'd get him to spam tripfag threads with me.

The faggot janitors must have purged all of the threads, even though they're glorious.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.