[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cats or dogs, /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault (19).jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (19).jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
Cats or dogs, /r9k/?
>>
>>28128976
Neither. I unironically hate both of them.
>>
>>28128976
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OF YOU FAGGOTS

>>>/b/
>>
I want a qt human girl not flithy animals.
>>
File: bob steve cuddle.jpg (335 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
bob steve cuddle.jpg
335 KB, 1200x900
C@s are original enough
>>
>>28128976
if you own a pet you are a stupid person with weak emotional control

I choose neither. They are a waste of time and money.
>>
>>28128976
dogs are fascist authoritarian bootlickers

cats are the libertarian choice, independent, self-sustaining and doesn't bow to his master's every wish
>>
>>28128976
Cats are alpha. Dogs are cucks.
>>
>>28128976
Cat is the true robot choice. Dog if you're a beta who's starved for loyalty since that's the only being that shows it to you
>>
>>28128976
Cats. They are the robots of the animal world.
>>
>>28129014
TIL: Not being a disloyal piece of shit that could turn and scratch you at a moment's notice = fascist
>>
>>28128976
If I was forced to choose one, I would choose the cat since they are more independent and it would leave in the morning and not come back while I am fapping

maybe it would be fun to play with sometimes, i dont know if cats play though

maybe it would be nice to have around, probably not
>>
>>28129014
Cats are lazy, greedy, and self-indulgent. No wonder libertarians love them and hate loyal, uncorruptable dogs.
>>
File: 1448095227904.jpg (183 KB, 1020x908) Image search: [Google]
1448095227904.jpg
183 KB, 1020x908
>>28128976
Both are nice. You just have to find the personality to match yours
>>
>>28129014
>>28129018
>>28129026
>>28129019
why not dogs robots? they show you infinite love and every cat I've ever owned or been by has just been lurking around the house until feeding time and showed zero love, but a dog will wait for you to get home and give you all kinds of love and shit
>>
I have two dogs but have no problems with cats.

All animals are cool.
>>
I want to get a small dog and a cat to see how they interact with each other
>>
File: 1459030854228.png (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1459030854228.png
30 KB, 300x300
>tfw no doggo to come home to
>>
dogs are for men
cats are for effeminate faggots, no wonder it's a popular choice here
>>
>>28129012
>Not needing emotional support due to horrible life

When did the normies get here?
>>
>>28128976
D O G S

>>28129014
>independent, self-sustaining
>screams at the top of its lungs non-stop when it wants food or needs his poopoo box scooped by his human slave
>>
Dogs are the only correct answer.

>Come home to cat
>Cat is affectionate for 20 minutes
>Fucks off and is gone for the rest of the day
>Gets mad at you for wanting to play with him

>Come home to dog
>Dog is affectionate until you stop
>Can hang out with dog any time you want
>Dog is always happy to play with you

The choice is obvious.
>>
Dogs are men. They're loyal, loving, and intelligent, whereas cats are dumb, lazy, and only care about themselves. A cat will eat you if you die with it.
In other words, cats are women. Anyone who says otherwise is an failed normie orbiter
>>
>>28129111
Cat will tease the fuck out of the dog most likely.
Unlike cartoons, cats and dogs can get along just fine. It all comes down to how you introduce them to each other, and their personal temperments.

My cat is avoidant, even to other cats so if i got a dog he would be indifferent. He's the same with children. Patient enough to let them stroke him, but if he felt overwhelmed he'll just walk off.
>>
My dog was the only constant in my life. Had different jobs, different GFs, moved several times but she was as always there.
RIP dog
>>
It depends on the dog/cat. I'd say that I'm a dog person but I recently adopted a rescue I dislike a lot. My first dog is basically me as a dog, runs an hour a day but otherwise is just relaxed. He learned all his tricks extremely easily and everyone he meets loves him. This new dog pees on my floor, is food aggressive, bullies my dogbro, barks/SCREAMS, and picks the chicken bits out of her dog food. I would rather have the shittiest cat than her if I would've known, but I made a commitment

Makes me wonder how much it would suck to have a shitty kid. At least knowing I could dump her on a bad day gets me through it, I'm choosing this
>>
File: 1439491633043.jpg (67 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1439491633043.jpg
67 KB, 633x758
>tfw want a female doberman I can come home to and love
>she won't cheat on me with some ugly fucking dork
>she won't ignore me
>she won't shoot me down or confuse me
>>
>>28129148
not him, but
>emotional support
>from something I can't even have a conversation with
I don't get how people get such emotional fulfillment from pets. You don't know what they're thinking, they can't tell you. You can only guess. When your dog jumps up to see you when he comes home, is he thinking "Ohh boy, anon's home! I'm so happy he's back!" or is he thinking "Ooh boy! This means I get food soon!"? You don't know.

>but anon, it doesn't matter why they love you, so long as they do!
On the contrary, I'd say the "why" is the only thing that matters. If you got a gf who seemed to care about you, wouldn't it matter whether she really did like you, or was just faking it? If your mom seemed to care about you growing up, wouldn't you rather it be because she wanted the best for you and did everything she could, instead of just doing something she read in a parenting book?

The why matters even if the actual actions are the same, and with a pet you never know the why.
>>
>>28129491
If you want somebody who will only "love" you for your food, get a cat. Meanwhile, dogs have shown their love has depth through loyalty towards their masters.
Why do you think homeless people always have dogs, and never cats? Dogs will stay beside you with a lack of food, because they feel an attachment to people cats never can
>>
>>28129187
Thats not necessarily true.
My cat is a real attention whore with seperation anxiety.
Hes happiest when he is sleeping nearby me, and loves it when i scratch his ears when he is asleep. He melts into my hand and i can pick him up and carry him like a baby and he purrs away like a kitten.
He isnt into toys, but doesnt mind a playfight or being teased a bit.
If anything he acts more like a dog then a cat. Follows me around the house, constantly vocalising. (Note: not meowing. Like chirping noises)

My parents even told me, when im away for a few days my cat goes to sleep on my bed and gets depressed.

He puts his paws on my leg and tugs my shirt when he wants to talk, or leans on the door, standing up to look into the room through the window

I've had this cat for 17 years. Im going to miss my little buddy when he eventually moves on to the starry plane. But when people generalise that cats cant be loyal and loving its irritating when its been proven that they can be just as well.

Especially when you consider how recently cats have been domesticated.
>>
>tfw want to get a cat
>tfw also want someone I can cuddle with and who won't mind if I carry him around
Should I just get a small dog?
>>
>>28129586
Loyalty requires one to make a choice to endure hardship for the sake of a personal bond. How do you know the dog made that choice? They're pack animals in nature. How do you know the dog isn't just doing something instinctual that evolution predisposed it to do? You don't. You can't ask the dog how he feels, or why he stays. You can't offer to let him go and see if he refuses. The dog does what he does, and you never know his motivations.
>>
>>28129705
>How do you know the dog isn't just doing something instinctual that evolution predisposed it to do?

How are humans any different? Because we have the power to say we're not? You think Stacy will ever admit she's only with Chad because of natural instinct to mate with the strongest male?
>>
>>28129769
>Because we have the power to say we're not?
Yes. Language is a powerful thing, anon.

>You think Stacy will ever admit she's only with Chad because of natural instinct to mate with the strongest male?
A.) Talk to some Stacies some time, some of them do freely admit that they're with him because he's hot and they want sum fuq.
B.) That aside, the fact that humans can lie doesn't destroy the advantage of being able to talk to them. You can compare her actions and her stated motivations and see if they match up. You can challenge her on inconsistencies. You can also get a much better sense of someone talking to them than you can not being able to talk to them, even when you aren't actively interrogating them to try to discern their loyalty. People say all kinds of things that tell you all about who they are, all you have to do is listen carefully.
>>
>>28129664

Get a pug
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 1024x727) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 1024x727
Neither. Dirty useless animals. The only people who should own them are farm owners and in the case of dogs, the blind, security and police.

I'm a plant man. They make a place look nicer, they clean the air and require a minimum of care.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.