[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wagecucks don't understand science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: 1461537962500.png (187 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1461537962500.png
187 KB, 409x409
>wagecucks don't understand science
>>
File: 1tp332wu.vichan.jpg (7 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1tp332wu.vichan.jpg
7 KB, 249x243
>>28128716
They reaIIy don't
>>
NEETs can't count past their number fingers.
>>
>>28129164
Tripfags aren't human
>>
>>28129225
What am i?

Xxxxxxdddxxxxd?
>>
>>28129275
A subhuman
>>
Nobody here understand Science.
>>
I miss those neetthreads where a neet entertains an audience, those were the best! Please bring them back.
>>
my father is one of he biggest wagecucks ive personal ever met. he also is easily one of the dumbest people ive ever known, coincidence? i dont think so.
>>
>>28129287
That was not very nice Anon. I feel hurt :(
>>
>>28128716
quantum isn't real
neither is infinity
>>
>>28128716
>Griffiths

you got a ways to go, but good on you for at least trying
>>
>>28129287
tripfags btfo

tripfags are worse than niggers
>>
>>28129479
Griffiths is a fucking great book that actually explains everything well in a logical order without overcomplicating it.
Yeah, other textbooks go a bit more in-depth but they are usually convoluted messes.
>>
>>28129896
@ me next time faggot. Downvoted.
>>
File: tear.jpg (24 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
tear.jpg
24 KB, 400x386
>>28128716
>>28129425
>mfw when Griffiths and every other major quantum text teaches Copenhagen interpretation

>mfw when instantaneous (i.e. super-luminal) "wave function collapse" is considered a valid explanation for quantum behaviour

>mfw literally the explanation for where the wave-particle goes when passing through a dual slit is to draw a bunch of question marks on the diagram

>mfw physics majors don't understand quantum physics at all and can't even be bothered to look up ANY internally consistent interpretations of quantum mechanics

>mfw Schrodinger's cat is a reduction to absurdity illustrating how patently absurd Copenhagen is and now its the mascot of your text

>mfw your theories of quantum mechanics require an intelligent observer HA HA HA H A HA HAHAHAH

>mfw even if you question interpretations you immediately go to many worlds HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA

>mfw none of you know what the scientific method is or how to use it

>pic related

you fucking retards
>>
>>28130148
being schizophrenic does not qualify you as a quantum physicist
>>
>>28130330
no but a degree in physics from a leading university does

which I have
>>
File: NEVEREVEREVER.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
NEVEREVEREVER.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>28130148

This, Academics don't know shit

>People still using Induction
>They don't realize peano arithmetic is inconsistent
>>
>>28130148
>he doesn't believe in many worlds

wew lad
>>
>>28130148
I like the hidden variables interpretation my self, how about you anon?
>>
File: figure1.gif (5 KB, 542x176) Image search: [Google]
figure1.gif
5 KB, 542x176
>>28130460
de Broglie-Bohm / pilot wave / causal interpretation / Bohmian Mechanics my friend

>nonlocal hidden variable model

>provides fifth fundamental force "quantum force" *(example of which is electron degeneracy pressure)

>doesn't require an intelligent observer.

>explanation for dual slit: wave packet travels through both slits, particle travels through one. think coconut surfing a water wave.

>considerable experimental evidence emerging for this interpretation, see weak measurement dual slit

>pic related

>given available evidence it is by far the most internally consistent and logical model for qunatum behaviour so far developed imho

>university physicists won't even touch it because it's "more complicated" even though it provides a vastly superior explanation to their question marks model.
>>
File: 1424683892348.png (144 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1424683892348.png
144 KB, 625x626
>>28130367
>people still use first order logic
>they don't realize predicate calculus is inconsistent
>>
>>28130367
ZFC carefully removes all traces of infinitesimals then introduces different cardinalities of infinity

physics still uses infinitesimals extensively, treats mathematics as a tool for making predictions about the world, changes it as needed

>mathematics is originally derived from the physical world and mathematicians should remember this

>axiom of infinity is pure garbage and therefore any argument that sits on it is also garbage
>>
File: pepethecomputer.jpg (164 KB, 1001x602) Image search: [Google]
pepethecomputer.jpg
164 KB, 1001x602
>>28130912

>Implying ZFC isn't inconsistent

TOP KEK
>>
>>28130926
I wasn't implying ZFC was consistent, I was pointing out that it's inconsistent with reality. It is probably also internally inconsistent although I could care less as a physicist.
>>
>>28130148
>worrying about all this shit
>not just using classical physics for everything and accepting that your answer will be a little off in some cases
wew lad
>>
>>28131005
sure let me just use classical physics to design a microprocessor brb oh wait we're at the interface between the macroscopic and quantum world already I guess that won't work anymore
>>
>>28131067
>wanting to design a microprocessor
>wanting more computers to exist
shameful
>>
>>28130689
but muh occams razor
>>
>>28131137
don't forget rand's razor heh heh

entities should not be needlessly reduced. for example you could have a model of an atom as a single wave-particle but it is by empirical evidence inferior to the model which is made up of a nucleus and cloud of electrons
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr5yGxJg2X0

alright IQanons spill your links to your pet theories
>>
>>28131220
but muh everett branches
>>
>>28131307
>many worlds
>uncountably infinite multiplication of entities
>"its still good its still good"
kekimus maximus
>>
>NEETs acting superior when they don't actually do anything
>>
>>28131380
>wagies acting superior when they can be replaced by machines within 10 years
>>
>>28131468
>NEETs not realizing that discarded computers are better than them
>>
>>28131516
>not a neet
>not a wagie either
>program machines to replace wagies
>make fun of neets and wagies
>gg
>>
>>28129306

the stand up comedian ones? those were classic
>>
>>28130689
>doesn't require an intelligent observer
Neither does the Copenhagen interpretation.

When people say the wave-function collapses when it's observed, they don't mean when a person notices it. They mean the wave-function collapses when the particle interacts with something.
>>
>>28131350
But the worlds in many worlds are a consequence, not a postulate.
>>
>>28131690

Wrong times a thousand
>>
>>28131690
no they mean the wave function collapses when it is measured by a "measurement device"

>"measurement device" being defined as something with which one measures

>introduction of measurement devices as a separate entity category, separate to general particles in the universe

>only separation between concepts is an implicit intelligent observer

>a robot holding a measurement device gets 'caught up in the wave function' which still does not collapse until observed by an intelligent observer
>>
>>28128716

How is he holding up that book if both his hands are under that blanket?
>>
>>28131718
It's both a postulate and a consequence because it is tautological. If you posit "a wave function that never collapses" that in and of itself is the entire many worlds "theory" so yes it's an infinite multiplication of entities
>>
>>28131784
how doesn't the observer? We're subject to all the same laws of physics as the rest of the universe.
>>
>>28131797
NEETs get lots of cock exercise and can have extremely dexterous (albeit untouched by women) cocks
>>
>>28131862
the observer *does* get caught up, but in an interpretation that does not require wave function collapse it doesn't matter. See pilot wave lecture embed a few posts above.
>>
>>28128716
All of you are popsci pseudo intellectual trash. Quantum mechanics doesn't have anything to do with this popsci faggotry. Fucking needs and wagecuck garbage.
>>
>>28132052
fuck off normie

real robots understand the importance of science
>>
>>28128716
Why do we disregard the autoionization of water when solving for the equlibrium constant of an acid?
>>
rip in peace completely /adequate/ roboquantum thread
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.