[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wageslave/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9
File: 1455964505641.gif (455 KB, 275x207) Image search: [Google]
1455964505641.gif
455 KB, 275x207
Post your jobs, fellow wageslaves.

>Where do you work?

>What do you do?

>Do you like it?

I'll start.

I work in Jew York for some big publishing company. It's awful. I make 32 grand a year, 9 hour shifts + 2 hour ride to and from.

I do marketing for them.

I hate it. I wish I could do IT, but no certs/experience means I can't. Reading a book currently to prepare myself for A+ exam to get babbys first cert.
>>
>>28128347
what firm? do you need interns? please???
>tfw lackluster resume
>>
>in a hospital on long Island

>janitorfag 38,000 a year

>not challenging or inspiring in any way, totally comfy.
>>
>>28128347
Nobody here works. We're all NEETs.
>>
how the fuck do you survive on 32k a ye-
> 2 hour ride
oh
>>
>>28128399
My workplace just laid off 25 people, we're downsizing sadly and profits are going down by like 20% per quarter.

>>28128412
Not bad desu. What part of LI do you work in?

>>28128448
Oh no my bus pass is 327 dollars a month. I live with my parents for now. I wouldn't have taken this job if I didn't.
>>
>Where do you work?
manhattan
>What do you do?
sw engineer
>Do you like it?
it's probably as good as a job could be, but so much worse than NEETlyfe.
>>
File: 1441426099494.jpg (33 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
1441426099494.jpg
33 KB, 299x288
>Garbage man
>Only week ends off
>Only get christmas and thanksgiving off no other holidays
>Have to make up those days by going in on Saturday
>no vacation days
>100 dollars a day
>They take 210 dollars out of my check every weekFor taxes
>I get up every morning at 3 am and don't stop intill im done sometimes im done as early as 10am sometimes 4pm if their are problems with the truck which happens frequently

I hate my life so much
I wish there was a way for me to get neetbux
>>
>>28128533
What do you create?

>>28128649
How do you not have vacation days? Isn't that illegal?
>>
dollar general
assistant manager
sometimes it's fun, depends entirely on your coworkers and your location.
As long as you aren't working in a town with black people, it will at least be tolerable.
>>
Automotive service advisor.

I'm overworked and underpaid by a lot for the skills and patience needed. Would be nice if the pay wasn't trash.
>>
>Preschool
>Care for and educate children
>It's pretty good, the kids are great but I'm to socially akward and everyone thinks I'm a manchild at this point
>>
>>28128412
This post is great, all I need to change is the location
>shared government & private buildings (two of three, the third across the way) in Quebec
>>
File: 1461526465028.jpg (111 KB, 834x1000) Image search: [Google]
1461526465028.jpg
111 KB, 834x1000
Conveyor belt splicer
I have enough time off to catch my breath and that's it
>>
>>28128776
Nice, what state do you work in?

>>28129095
That sucks. What do you want to do, career wise?

>>28129311
What's the job like?
>>
>Homesense

>walk around and put shit back on shelves and help customers

>Extremely boring and mind numbing

They called and asked me to come in this morning. I said no but now I really regret it.
>>
>sales guy for Budweiser
>5 AM - 5 PM every day
>unrelentingly competitive environment
>constantly having to deal with managers at grocery stores
>dont fucking care about beer or sales
>i hate being a salesman
>it's my own fault that I made shitty decisions that led me to this career path
>went with what was safe instead of what i wanted to do
>so deep into this nightmare that ive come close to crying in public
>dont go into sales. ever
>>
>>28129624
Non stop until the vulcanizer is going
>>
Steel mill in nc but i commute an hour each way from Virginia.

Shift electrician. 4 days on and 4 days off. 12 hour shifts troubleshooting equipment if something breaks.

Not too bad since if nothing breaks i can just sit on the internet. Also make around 90k. I will probably do this until retirement.
>>
>>28129845
How did you get into it
Coming from a legit non stop wageslave who dreams of 4 days off
>>
>>28129845
>implying you'll be able to retire at only 90k per year

enjoy working at 80
>>
>>28128347
I do night work only, I work 14 days a month, I make 9 euro per hour.
I usually just play wow on my notebook or play my xbox
>>
>>28128649
If it makes you feel better I appreciate the service you do, thanks anon
>>
>>28129311
You really are paid to splice conveyor belts? That isn't automated? They need enough belts spliced that its your job?
>>
>>28129874
I was a nuke in the Navy first and that experience was good enough. Most of the guys i work with as electricians have the same background but some have some kind of engineering degree. Others were just electricians at other places first not sure what they started with.
>>
>>28129886
Good i hope not. It's not that hard to save money anon. Just don't use credit cards
>>
>>28129717
What do you want to do anon?
>>
>just got rejected from another min. wage job

I'm losing hope of becoming a productive member of society
>>
File: 1461373361881.jpg (60 KB, 476x687) Image search: [Google]
1461373361881.jpg
60 KB, 476x687
>>28129937
Its non stop
There are belts everywhere
I don't see how it could be done automatically. ..
>>
>>28130019
you were a nuke? subs? my recruiter is pushing for that? you liked it? which subs?
>>
>>28128347
>Where do you work?
retail
>What do you do?
sell stuff, mostly act busy and chat with coworkers
>Do you like it?
every minute of it is hell.
>>
>>28130106
I was on the enterprise before it decommissioned. I was never on a sub but it sounded like it sucked dick. Pay for nukes is good and advancement is good especially if you're an ET. The training will pretty much guarantee you a solid job when you get out. HOWEVER being a nuke fucking blows. It's high stress even tho you eventually get used to it. I hated it but honestly I'd do it again if i could go back.
>>
>Where do you work?
Music Teacher
>What do you do?
Teach people how to play clarinet, saxophone, piano, read music
>Do you like it?
Not currently; the music conservatory I work for barely gets students so I only really work 2 hours a week at 20/hr

Help me wagies, I can't live off of 40 bucks a week. Where should I apply so I pay the bills?
>>
>>28130399
Do you see any prodigies in your classes or is it all parents pushing their children into music
>>
>Where do you work?
USPS city carrier
>What do you do?
Deliver mail and packages
>Do you like it?
Only worked here a little over a month but so far yeah. Positives are you're out by yourself and don't have to deal with customers like in retail. Negatives are it's extremely physical. Weather can go either way, good or bad. Pay is good, but I've been working 6 days a week, 9-5
>>
>>28128347

>Where do you work?
McDicks
>What do you do?
Everything but front window
>Do you like it?
No
>>
>>28130631

>Works 6 days a week
>USPS only delivers 5 days a week

>>
>>28130696
Amazon m8ey. Well they deliver Saturdays to my post office.
>>
>>28129717

Iktf

Pepsi sales rep here
>>
>>28130227
did you do nuke school and shit?
i kind of want to be on a carrier but im going for NUPOC and they dont really have slots for SWO nukes so i'd be placed in a sub
>>
IT technician at the school board
I re-image computers and replace and troubleshoot stuff
pay is shit but I'm an intern
It's alright but most days are really boring
>>
Entry level engineer
Make 60k a year even though I don't do jack shit at work
People don't trust me with anything because I'm "too young and inexperienced" (22)
Why even hire people if you aren't even going to use them for shit.
At least I now have a resume builder for a better job
>>
>graduate college with shit tier degree
>end up getting job selling insurance over the phone 40 hours a week

Seriously just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>28130863
>60k a year engineer
>wageslave
DO YOU NIGGERS EVEN READ THE THREAD TITLE?
>>
>part time at super liberal Macy's, still in college too
>shit ton of vacation days, double pay days on holiday, etc
>rich women always shopping there and think we should wait on them like fucking slaves

Fucking cunts, probably using their husbands' money too. Otherwise it's ok, the raises they give me are over a dollar which seems ridiculous now that I think about it.
>>
>>28130863
I envy you.

I wish I could've done Engineering but I'm not smart enough for STEM, hence my title. Good on you though!

>>28130850
I'd take that over my job.
>>
>>28130696
Wrong, they deliver 6 days a week and some offices deliver 7 days a week with amazon sundays.
>>
>>28129717
I know a chick who sort of does sales but the only thing that pisses her off is dealing with distributors. What makes you hate it so much?
>>
>>28129717
I've done sales too my friend. It's one of the worst professions, unless you work in TV. They come to you in great numbers and you can make a lot of money depending on your station. Big ones = Big $$$, small ones = $0.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Private equity senior associate

120k base + 60-80k bonus

Comfy as fuck, travel all over the world, meeting CEOs and other financiers
>>
Well here I go

>depends on the day, but generally Columbus Ohio, full of life, love, and samolians

>student by day, musician by night, pulling In around 10,000 a week, through tips, gifts, and producer

>he'll yeah I'm 17 already living in my own in a musical college. I ducking love life, which is suprisinv desu because I spend my time on 4chan
>>
>>28131410
I ducking rock at grammar lol desu originaldo
>>
>>28131363
Fuck off normie. You don't belong on our board.
>>
Going to school to get my MBA.
>>
>>28131363
>private equity
>120k base
LMAO nice try
can make more than that in your 1st year of IB
if you're not making 300k+ w/o bonus as a 1st year associate then you're doing it wrong
either that or you're not in nyc, either way it's fake as fuck and your usage of "financiers" gives it away
>>
>>28131470
>MBA
who the fuck wants a worthless ass business degree in 2k16, only acceptable mba is t3 and even those are unnecessary if you attended wharton or similar tier UG
>>
>>28131363
what city is that? looks like somewhere in china.
also fuck you
>>
>>28131543

Huh? Who said I lived in NYC? 300k as ib as an analyst. Listen kid, I was in DB's Ibd in NYC, I was clearing 80k base and 30k bonus, granted this was right after the gfc. Vps at my firm clear like 260k. We live and die by our carry
>>
>>28131679

DD trip to Hong Kong on a hospital deal
>>
File: 1459833740444.jpg (45 KB, 384x486) Image search: [Google]
1459833740444.jpg
45 KB, 384x486
>Where do you work?
Professional sports team

>What do you do?
Data analytics, 50k a year, only 24 years old so not bad.

>Do you like it?
It's okay, although I wish I had more to do sometimes and was able to do more experiments.
>>
>Army
>Professional Mudslime Remover (PMR)
>ye
>>
>>28130850
>>28130863
>>28131363
>All these rich pricks thinking they belong on 4chan.

Jesus christ, show some respect to the board culture we have going here, faggots. Your kind does not belong here.
>>
>>28128347
junior engineer in a consulting society. I'm here since 6 months, they put me on a contract on embedded system.

It's pretty stressful because you not only have to not fuck up, but you have to deliver good quality, since the consulting must appear better than the engineers of the guys who hired us.

I make 90k a year, it's pretty nice.

Still have the void feeling when I arrive home, no one's here, I turn on the computer. While it's loading I pet my Reimu nendo. I hope her big smile will one day rumb off on me.

Sometimes I feel cold, maybe it'll be better now that it's summer.
>>
Upstate NY, lived here all my life

My last job was part-time retail at Hobby Lobby; it's an ok job but I sure fucking hated it at times
My current job is framing oriented with a new company
I like my job a lot, so far. The people are ok and the job is lax enough to let you work 8 hours a day with headphones in all day.
Solid hours but shit pay.
>>
>where
A massive hospital in Texas

>what
Medical technologist. I work in microbiology mostly and help identify stuff so the doctor can diagnose.

>enjoyment
It's alright. I wish my pay was higher. I'm hoping to get into management and make better money soon.
>>
>>28131764
What team?

orogigiginal comment
>>
File: CO-ITFaWgAAK2Wz.jpg (46 KB, 590x382) Image search: [Google]
CO-ITFaWgAAK2Wz.jpg
46 KB, 590x382
>>28128347
>Where do you work?
A nursing home in Massachusetts
>What do you do?
I'm a dietary aide (part time), basically one of the kitchen workers. They generally have you doing something different on any given day, which breaks the monotony. Sometimes you're on the tray line, which has many different stations of its own. Sometimes you're dishwasher, sometimes you're doing pots and pans, sometimes you bring the food trucks down from the floors and clean them.
>Do you like it?
As I said, it's not too monotonous since you're doing something different often times. Also, you don't have to work until you shift is over or until your official break time. If you finish everything you need to do before then (which you often will) you can go on break until it's time to go back to work or time to go home. And, since it's a nursing home kitchen, there's always tons of extra food left over after the tray line is done. If you're not too picky you'll always have lunch or snacks later in the day. Everything is fairly laid back and everybody is very social (which is uncomfortable because I'm socially retarded). In short, I don't mind working there. I plan to work there for years to come while I'm doing college. Been working there for 2 years.
>>
grad student
$29,500 stipend
>>
File: 20160421_154645.jpg (2 MB, 2612x1959) Image search: [Google]
20160421_154645.jpg
2 MB, 2612x1959
Im a wooden roller coaster track inspector

I walk the rides every morning to look for and fix any problems and then sign off that the ride is good to go

its a pretty cool job

pic related replacing the top of a leg on the beast
>>
>>28132043
sounds super chill senpai
>>
>>28128347
> High End Construction Company (I won't tell you which one as it violates my contract)
> Basically I manage the legal team and deal with all legal manners my company encounters
> It's based, I have met many powerful people. So yes I like it
Although I work 50 hours a week and I am on call every Saturday, a $320'000 is totally worth it. I honestly don't know how I ended up on 4chan, I just feel separate from everything else.
>>
>>28132180
it super is. and there's room to fuck around and have fun at times
>>
>>28132043
Sounds like a comfy as fuck kitchen job, as long as everyone is cool, I know the kind of atmosphere you are talking about where everyone is social at work. It can be a little much but most of the time I enjoy it when I used to work a similar type job.
>>
>Where do you work?
Fucking big ass consulting firm
>What do you do?
Associate manager, now im doing jack shit, waiting to be fired, i want my severage package an move to another smaller company with higer salary, start strong, then slow but surely slow my peace until Igot fired again, rinse and repeat, the consulting work is a meme, you are payed to solve problems that mos of the time anyone with two brain cells can fix, lots of brown nosing, but meh, i can keep my cls 500:D
>Do you like it?
As i said, the work is a meme, I basically agree and make the clients comfortable, then the code monkeys in india, mexico or argentina will deliver what I promissed to the client.
>>
>security/crowd control

>say hi to normies
>check ids
>make sure normies aren't being dumb with alcohol
>tell people where things are
>doing bag checks
>turn up on time with clothes that are ironed
>try not to fall asleep while standing

It's easy work but it can be really boring sometimes. At first I thought I'd have difficulties pretending to be a normie but every situation I get into has a routine to it where the things I know the things I have to say almost off by heart.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.