[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normiemaker late April
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Socrates be strong.jpg (542 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Socrates be strong.jpg
542 KB, 1920x1200
Self-improvement thread, let's not all stay robots.

I'll give advice and an example.
>nofap going strong
>Cold showers everyday
>Talking to girls more casually
>>
>>28127596
>socrates was a rich old guy who never worked in his life and fucked boys
its easy to talk about right like that
>>
>>28127596
why the fuck do i want to physically build myself up for? for what? what fucking purpose other than for petty reasons such as hurr durr i dum wanna look like the average joe.

seriously you are all so insecure with yourselves that you'll do anything to set yourself apart from everyone else, yet, here you fucks are trying to convince poeple to be as petty as you.

its comedy gold.
>>
>>28127596
why cold showers?
>>
File: 1442261771054.png (419 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
1442261771054.png
419 KB, 500x544
>be 30-40lbs overweight
>start doing 30 minutes of cardio followed by 30-45 minutes of weight training, 3-4 times a week
>lose 5lbs in three weeks

this is pretty easy desu
>>
>>28127834
Testosterone boosts up and it's good for pain tolerance.
>>28127864
It's just consistency really. Keep at it
>>
>tfw you just want to escape life entirely
>tfw your problem isn't that you don't talk to girls, or that you aren't tough enough to purposelessly endure pain to satisfy your sense of pride, it's that you lack discipline, decisiveness, the strength to let go. It's because you let other forces trample everything you build and you think confusion is a fun little game, where really all it does is cause you to regress further and further towards becoming that person you were before and never want to be
>>
>>28127789
>>28127712
It's simply about improving yourself, not necessarily a workout thread, otherwise i would go to /fit/. Improving yourself for your sake feels good and I just want others to feel that same feeling.
>>
>>28127789
stop projecting you fat fat ass fat fat ass
>>
You can't fix shit genetics, period. Take your gay self help shit and shove it up your ass.
>>
>>28127961
It's all about the will to power and risk. You have to take risks and if you need help improving yourself don't be afraid to asks a friend or family. If you don't have those you know where to start
>>
Nofap lowers testosterone and is exclusively for cucks.

Cold showers are a meme. They do herp acne but you get the same results my ending the shower with cold rinse.

Talking to girls is so basic it shouldnt even be mentioned. How do you expect to fuck bitches if you don't talk to them?
>>
>>28128002
Oh I know that, but you can still be the best that you can be by training yourself. Focus on what you could be instead of what you aren't
Remember that all of your ancestors, even the prissy ones, had good enough genetics and smarts in order to create you. Life is a challenge meant to be taken to life and death.
>>
>>28128034
Nofap is the natural way that biology engineered us.
Cold showers are for more than just acne or health benefits, its also mental.
Many people on here can't talk to people at all so I'm showing them there is light.
>>
>>28128156

Regular masturbation increases testosterone and improves sperm health and motility. Nofap is literally defying evolution. I really doubt there are any mental benefits to cold showers. Do you mean like cold tolerance? Just wear a fucking sweater or cardigan if it's in between summer and winter weather.
The talking to people part is silly too. Obviously people bee themselves every day. For practice it makes more sense to talk to people capable of holding a conversation. Women are the worst people to talk to if you just want to talk.
>>
>>28127994
lol look at you , all triggered and flustered about your petty self. lol
>>
>>28127712
Socrates was never rich. His father was a stone mason and they lived in the slums of Athens when he grew up.
>>
>>28127596

No Fappers + Cold Shower people seem like absolute psychopaths to me.
>>
File: 1461187476229.png (295 KB, 670x700) Image search: [Google]
1461187476229.png
295 KB, 670x700
>>28127596
>Normiemaker

I've tried all three of those things and more. Nothing changed. I did over 3 months of nofap and not a single thing changed. That may not be the case for everyone, but for me it did nothing at all. Cold showers helped my back acne a bit, but that's about it.

I can't talk to people at all. Everytime I muster up the courage to talk to someone, I drop my spaghetti.
>>
>>28128324

They're harmless fedoras. I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you aren't doritos you should be safe.
>>
>>28127596
>Cold showers everyday
I need to get back to doing this. I used to but then I wimped out because warm/hot showers feel so much nicer.

Cold showers feel great afterwards. It's a delayed gratification sort of thing.
>>
>>28128156
>Many people on here can't talk to people at all so I'm showing them there is light.

You're basically saying "just talk to girls bruh"
You really think that's going to help people?
>>
>>28128359

It's not about NOT dropping spaghetti.
It's about doing it anyway.
>>
>>28128252
Once you get past 90 or so days, your body goes back to the way it should be and is normal with a higher testosterone. You start focusing on other things instead of sex and when you do think of it you actually try.
Cold showers is for pain tolerance in of itself. I live in fucking florida but moved from Tennessee so there is no such thing as winter here.
If you think talking to women is not important you haven't been on /r9k/ enough
>>
Take this shit to r/ForeverAlone
>>
>>28128324
It's true. I won't deny it, probably a little crazy. I praise Vishnu and shit.
>>28128359
Eh, maybe you are just not faceted for talking. No problem, you can still get your voice out there. Writing and such. Self-Confidence is a hard thing to produce, best way is experience.
>>28128390
I'm just saying it's not all as the worldview of death that these people here perceive it to be.
>>
>>28127596
>Ran a 5k in 28:28
I'm happy but not satisfied. Haven't run the whole distance in years, lots of 2 mile runs though on the treadmill
>Playing piano more
Really talented growing up but not really motivated, I've been practicing almost as much as when I started. It's good meditation too; I don't think about my troubles
>>
>>28128496
Hey dude keep up the great work, I'm only running like a mile and half at most in a single run at 13:46

And music is always something to learn, great to express yourself and such is better to let out complex feelings than words.
>>
>>28128422

You're full of shit. Nofap lowers test. Where do you get it magically goes up on the 90th day from? I've been here longer than you too. Talking to women could not be any less important. No matter how long I'm here I won't magically think they are interestitg people with interesting things to say.
>>
>>28128600
Well if you are being cynical in the first place instead of idealist you don't belong here.
I do hope you find your way to improving yourself so you feel better instead of being like you are now.
>>
Actually started training again. Currently running 4.1km consisting of 5min warmup and 20 min running.

This is a hughe accomplisment for me because I am disabled. The goal is to get the 5k in 30 mins within 1 or 2 weeks. And if everything works out participate in a half maraton in 2 years. (participate and finish. No matter how shit my time).
>>
>>28128753
Holy shit that's impressive, hope it all goes well for you and best of luck
>>
>>28128719

I'm the one who in improving myself. You are doing the opposite. You don't do things and pretend it's an accomplishment. Could you be any more passive? I'm guessing you couldn't unless you tried, something we know you are averse to.
>>
>>28128786
Thanks, I'll keep on giving my very best, hope you do good as well.
>>
>>28128887
I think that you and I may be on the same page then but on different paths. I don't know how you perceive improvement, but I view it in a spiritual, physical, and mental sense. I view accomplishments as checkmarks on the way to improvement. Eventually it goes into a cycle(like all things) of constant improvement. I will admit that I am new at this and am not fully aware henceforth why I am making this thread in the first place.
>>
Anyway, I'm out for now.

I wish all of you the best of luck in whatever your endeavor may be no matter how big or small.

Ride the Tiger, Will to Power.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.