[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the evolutionary purpose of women worship? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1445904095940.jpg (118 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
1445904095940.jpg
118 KB, 800x530
What is the evolutionary purpose of women worship? It's clearly something inate for men to venerate and be clingy with women rather than learned behaviour, but this is the biggest possible repellant for women, who enjoy being dominated and treated as inferiors.

If we truly lived as a tournament species where the 20/80 ratio held fast then wouldn't these traits have been bred out, if they indeed existed when we were animals?
>>
>>28126234
It's so we stay loyal to the woman we fuck and help raise the kid, increasing their chance of survival

Women are fine being worshipped, as long as it's by Chad
>>
ITT: Swarms of people without any credentials or probably any education in Biology whatsoever pretend to know what they're talking about.
>>
>>28126347
>swarm of ppl
>2 posts
>talking about education

stop projecting anon
>>
>>28126347
Evo Psych is basically just taking bold guesses anyways. There's nothing wrong with people joining in on it.
>>
>>28126378
It was more of a prediction than anything. I just wanted to put it out there that everything said in this thread will be bullshit.
>>
Possibly not evolutionary but social. Pre-history when we were still evolving you would likely take whatever mate you wanted. Even in primitive or tribal societies you would have a mate probably by your mid-teens. Being denied this by societal norms means your inherent urge to mate fucks you up psychologically.
>>
>>28126297
But loyalty to a woman is a recent virtue, in the pre-civilization era a man just wanted to spread the seed, he perhaps cared for his females, but not to the point where he would think them superior to themselves.

The general consensus is that it is conditioned behaviour originating from chivalry in the middle ages, but I think the behaviour is too strong to not be rooted in some biological drive
>>
>>28126347
Guy who knows nothing about epistemology pretending to know everything about knowledge.
>>
>>28126499
*superior to himself. Which is what pedestalization entails.
>>
File: 1461173194342.jpg (33 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1461173194342.jpg
33 KB, 720x960
>>28126499
Human children and very vulnerable until the age of around two.

"Love" lasts around three years.

It's a construct to rear children together.
>>
>>28126502
How you read my post and got "knows nothing about epistemology" and "pretends to know everything about knowledge" is well beyond me.
>>
>>28126543
Right because at around the age of three children just stop developing and it's time for them to get a job.
>>
What's the purpose of keeping downies around? Evolution is a myth, anon.
>>
>>28126610
You can continually fall in love with the same person, maybe even having a child together every so often which entails a repeat of this process.

I agree that parents should stay together a lot longer than that if that's what you're implying.

>>28126577
I don't know, I just assumed from your pretentious post.
>>
>>28126543
That's fair, but what I'm talking about is a little different, what use is there in a male caring for, or even falling in love, with women who show no attraction to him?

In a true pre civilization era aggression was the only viable instinct, rape would be a better strategy than adoration.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 353x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 353x412
>>28126640
>things inside an extremely complex system don't work out the way they are supposed to
>therefore a theory about the progression of particulars within that system is undeniably wrong

No comprehendo.
>>
File: otters.jpg (128 KB, 978x418) Image search: [Google]
otters.jpg
128 KB, 978x418
>>28126499
Then why are there currently native american tribes that conduct monogamy and have people that act as parenting figures (and the entire tribe as well) and have been doing so for thousands of years?

Before around 50,000 years ago, most archeological evidence points that most societies were very egalitarian and many hunter gatherer tribes acted within nuclear family units. Wolves do the same thing. So do beavers. So do otters. So do albatrosses.

pic related, monogamous otters holds hands while they sleep to help themselves from sinking
>>
>>28126234

You are biologically programmed to want to fuck them and impregnate them. They look hot as fuck, especially with modern inventions such as hot showers, abundant food, gyms, lotions, and makeup. You want them. You can't just grab them and grope them and fuck them like you want to, or a bunch of men in uniforms will come roughly force your hands into some tight metal things and put you in a metal box with bars. Yet you still want to, and not being able to do these things just builds up and makes you want to more. You are forced to use other non-direct and more time consuming methods to get to the point where one of these creatures will allow you to do these primal things that you innately yearn to do to them. They have control over whether you are allowed to do these things, and they have interests of their own when it comes to who they allow to do them. The psychological effect of being denied these opportunities wears a person down. They become desperate and willing to do and believe anything to appease these primal urges.
>>
>>28126677
>pretentious

Let's be real, here. There's nothing "pretentious" about realizing that 4chan isn't going to have correct answers to everything.
>>
>>28126234
almost every animal, down to insects, trade gifts for sex

the ones who don't, rape or have to beat the alpha male to death

source: my extensive perusing of internet articles
>>
>>28126234
People have speculated that depression has a function to resolve extended contests for dominance, and serves to isolate individuals rather than have them contest to injury or death.
It's worth observing that most adolescents will experience some form of depression as they reach sexual maturity, the natural point at which they will typically assert themselves in the hierarchy of a group.

Being a clingy retard could be a similar mitigation behavior.

Though I suspect it's just emerged recently as a result of feminised men trying to attract women without behaving in a masculine manner. An attempt to skip the tense attraction phase and move straight to intimacy.
>>
>>28126724
>progression of particulars
I thought evolution applied to the species has a whole and not single entities...
>>
>>28126610
Thats literally what children do in third world countries. Thats why people who live in poverty have more children. Children can look after other children and even work to help the family
>>
>>28126800
The species are the particulars which I meant. May way of putting it wasn't exactly perfect.
>>
>>28126743
Some species are strictly monogamous, some are polygynous, others promiscuous, even with our near relatives, the great apes, there's much variation, Orang-utans are largely monogamous, Gorillas have a harem, and Chimpanzees just have an orgy.

Humans seem to fluctuate between all three.
>>
>>28126884
>Humans seem to fluctuate between all three
This seems to be the closest thing to an answer here. Human sexuality is an ever changing thing that responds to environmental factors.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.