[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /TryingToQuitSmoking/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: PEPE SILVIA.png (527 KB, 732x426) Image search: [Google]
PEPE SILVIA.png
527 KB, 732x426
I just had a giant fap and I'm craving a ciggie so fucking bad right now. I just want to lean back in my chair, listen to some Velvet Underground and have a couple of death sticks but I have none and all the nearby stores are closed. FUCK
>>
try to get through it

challenge yourself

see how long you can go without cigs and fapping

know that it will be brutal, try to find your inner strength

come out on the other end a changed man with a new outlook on life, a healthier body, and an appreciation for your overall health

you can do it anon
>>
I moved onto pipe smoking, doesn't make you feel sick and actually satisfies after a bowl rather than make you want another, also it's cheaper and not completely normie
>>
>>28126202
I was born to be an addict, my father and his father before him were both addicts. I'm 18 and cigarettes are my first vice, I'm sure drugs and alcohol will come later. Should I end it before it gets worse?
>>
i've been quit for over a year, after a decade of a pack a day. it's not really that hard if you really want to quit. i went cold turkey and never relapsed once. if i can do it, anyone can.
>>
Just quit chew and snus a month ago cold turkey. The first week is pure agony. Second week it gets easier. Third you will stop craving it. Fourth and you're home free. I do miss the comfy relaxing sensation from the nicotine though =/
>>
>>28126202

It's because of people like you that smokers find it impossible to quit. I'm just saying, stop talking about it.
>>
>>28127143

what do you mean?

I'm trying to inspire him to find the courage to impose his self will onto life

how is that a bad thing?

Smoking is a nasty addiction, I understand that, but you act like its impossible to overcome. It's not.
>>
Quitted 1 year ago and started excerising since no huge load on lungs anymore
>>
>>28127355
>>28126288
>>28126291
What >>28127143 means by saying you're making it harder for people to quit is that reminding them that so many others have quit and making it seem like they're failing to do something that is almost easy for other people is actually stressing them out more, making it harder for them.

It's hard to quit smoking, but it's even harder if you see someone else quit and seem to have an easier time. I quit at the same time as a friend of mine, and in a couple weeks he was fine but I was still using nicotine gum and snus and I just felt worse and worse because I was failing and he succeeded.
>>
>>28126179

Just plow through it. Nicotine is a hell of an addicting drug. But if you can survive, you'll be a stronger and healthier person.
>>
Brush your teeth and drink 2-3 glasses of water everytime u get the cravibg. Worked for me. Havent had s smoke in a year next month
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.