[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starvation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
>How realistic is suicide by starvation?
>Can you really be as determined as to deprive yourself of nutrients?
>Has it been done before?
>Is it painful?

I just want to be left alone, crawl up under a blanket in a corner and wither away.
>>
Hunger pangs get easy after the first week or so
After that it's about fighting the fatigue and weakness (feeling like you could pass out at any moment, and indeed passing out, feeling atrophied and the like)

Honestly the most difficult part is the social aspect. People will worry, and even be angry at you, if you don't eat. People around you eat all the time and use it as a social pretext. It is a very, very deeply rooted form of outcasting yourself. It's not seen as honorable, but insane.

You just have to barrel through the addiction-breaking phase.
>>
>>28122496
>trying that hard when you can of yourself in 5 minutes with a rope
>>
>>28122580
Oh and after fasting for awhile food begins to literally look disgusting

It eventually becomes easier to continue not eating than it is to actually force yourself to eat

Fucking normalslime will try to ruin you if they find out, though.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Suicides_by_starvation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:People_who_died_on_hunger_strike
>>
File: 1422031652738.png (612 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1422031652738.png
612 KB, 1280x720
>>28122496
>Prayopavesa
>(literally resolving to die through fasting) is a practice in Hinduism that denotes the suicide by fasting of a person, WHO HAS NO DESIRE OR AMBITION LEFT, AND NO RESPONSIBILITIES REMAINING IN LIFE. It is also allowed in cases of terminal disease or great disability. A similar practice exists in Jainism, termed Santhara.

>WHO HAS NO DESIRE OR AMBITION LEFT, AND NO RESPONSIBILITIES REMAINING IN LIFE

A suicide method L I T E R A L L Y tailored for robots.
>>
There was that one guy who was almost full body paralysed and lost the court case for legalising euthanasia, so he opted to starve himself instead
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.