[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /r9k/ Malfunctioning cyborg here. I have this reoccurring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Misery and suffering.jpg (13 KB, 885x642) Image search: [Google]
Misery and suffering.jpg
13 KB, 885x642
Hey /r9k/ Malfunctioning cyborg here. I have this reoccurring issue stemming from the fact that I have been diagnosed with MDD w/ psychotic features, which in my opinion, is the worst kind of depression due to undue stress from "hallucinations." I keep asking myself and other medically trained professionals whether "telepathy" is possible due to the vivid hallucinations, and I am reassured that it is absolutely impossible. I have even done my own research into the matter and ever study shows that it is impossible for a human to communicate telepathically; the problem is that the voices I experience are of people I have talked to, and famous people. Even as I type this, I am dealing with these symptoms.

What makes me very paranoid is that these "voices" have full knowledge of every thought or action I have thought or done. Combined with intrusive thoughts, this is a combo that causes me to spiral downward.

I know that the medication the medical professionals prescribe are effective at treating my symptoms, but during tough periods where I begin to decompensate, the voices return and continue off were they have left off. Simply put /r9k/ what I am asking is whether the hallucinations are legit instances of telepathy, or is it all in my head.

>Personal experiences with hallucinations are welcome for reference purposes
>>
>>28121632
>and I am reassured that it is absolutely impossible
It is not, however it's unlikely that what you are experiencing is telepathy.
>>
>>28121632
you're asking the wrong board
depending on what answer do you want you have two paths
>>>/x/
>>>/sci/
I do have friends that are into astral projection though, and they assure me it's quite real. I'm not really assured to be honest.
>>
>>28121632
it is all in your head anon, those voice come from yourself not from other people
>>
Speaking as fellow badbrain haver it is literally all in your head. There's a reason you got diagnosed with a mental illness w/ psychotic features. If you didn't have a DX then maybe you could entertain the astral projectors/magic power RPers but when you are actually mentally ill it's important to talk to a doctor and continue taking your medication. You literally think it's actually telepathy because of your MI
>>
File: Dr. Doom.jpg (2 KB, 125x82) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Doom.jpg
2 KB, 125x82
>>28122785
>>28121676
>>28121715
Thanks for the reassurance. The reason I am having symptoms is due to the fact that my insurance has been cut for the second time while I actively went out of my way for medical treatment; I know the anti-psychotics are really good for that and the reason I experience these symptoms is due to low serotonin levels in the brain which is quite scary if you ask me.
>>
>>28122957
Personally, I like to refer to it as a psychiatric disorder; something that distorts your way of thinking. Honestly, the first time back I went to a psych ward back in 2012, I had no recollection of a disorder of that magnitude. I honestly thought I was possessed due to all of the intrusive thoughts running through my head and the very vivid hallucinations.

The reason I thought it would be telepathy is due to my fascination with the occult and magic; I saw that as the only logical solution before coming to except my diagnosis. It is a great feeling to be reassured that people can't read my mind.
>>
>>28121715
Hhhmm maybe I should ask /x/ about vibrations and frequencies.
>>
Dude, be realistic here. Even if telepathy was possible, why would other people channeling their voice into your head have intimate detail of all your thoughts? That's a dead ringer for a hallucination.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.