[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>thousands of years into the future >virtual reality is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
>thousands of years into the future
>virtual reality is ultra realistic
>copious amounts of good chinese cartoons & comics to enjoy
>plastic surgery has been perfected
>machines do everything so everyone can be a NEET
>anti-aging pills available
>if requested, the police will revive a backup of your conscience if you are murdered
>no one would murder you anyway because world peace exists

Holy shit, even the happiest man alive is miserable compared to the future.
I feel better but worse at the same time.
>>
File: 1461585955626.jpg (46 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1461585955626.jpg
46 KB, 960x540
>muh retarded fantasy
"Reviving a backup of your conscience" isn't even possible, it would be a seperate entity and you would still be dead
Not to mention literally everything else is pants on head retarded except the anti-aging pills
>>
>>28117629
n-n-nnah
>>
I can't wait to create my own virtual world.

Ima make a virtual ai robot and make his life miserable and watch while he questions the world helplessly. It'll be hilarious.
>>
>>28117668
I guess you're right.
I was thinking maybe there could be some kind of chip in your brain that constantly scans it or something but I got caught up in delusion.
I realize the "everyone can be NEET" thing is utopian too.
Still, the future will be a lot better.
And even if plastic surgery can't evolve, humans will still evolve and be better looking in the future.
>>
Reverse nostalgia
>>
>>28117629
>Implying the future will not be a nuked wasteland after the west lost the civil war and became a radical african/Islamic nation which started the first and last nuclear war.
>>
>>28117793
You know, I think tfw no utopia is almost as valid as tfw no future.
I am no longer ashamed of the OP.
>>
>>28117847
Still better than what we got now tbqh
>>
>>28117793
there is a word for this, lets see how long it takes you to figure it out
>>
File: 1460145650167.png (245 KB, 390x411) Image search: [Google]
1460145650167.png
245 KB, 390x411
>>28117668

Largely agree, though we still don't know exactly how consciousness works or what it even is, so we're both still just betting on a current speculation. It seems, to me, to be an emergent feedback system when something of sufficient complexity is capable of stimulating itself. Why it emerges or how is pretty hard to imagine.

>>28117629

>virtual reality is ultra realistic
>still read chinese cartoons and read comics

Why?

Will police even exist when society is that radically different? If they can do something like revive a dead person from neural data, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to inject you with memories and skills directly without having to manually learn anything. These people would become so brilliant at such an accelerated rate that nothing would be the same.

Anyone else here /dumbass/ as a teenager? I basically thought Ray Kurzweil was Jesus and that the singularity would actually happen in my lifetime.
>>
>>28117847

>Implying the Jews aren't importing and integrating muzzie and African scum in order to join them in their global network and slowly destroy their beliefs and systems along with everything else, until the NWO can fully establish itself without any resistance anywhere in the world

Fammalam, you gotta stop thinking from the perspective of a peasant; we're just a statistical sludge that our kikemasters ebb and flow as necessary to unite things as one ordered value extraction device.

The peasants of their new world will live like kings, the same way that we live as kings compared to those of the past.
>>
>if requested, the police will revive a backup of your conscience if you are murdered

The levels of naivety in this are humorous. Firstly, even if this were possible, which it physically isn't, it wouldn't be the police to "revive" you. Secondly, you're acting like the government actually care about us, when the opposite is actually the case. Lastly, consciousness isn't what you think it is. When you die your astral body detaches from your physical body and goes to another plane. Humans can't intervene with divine law.
>>
File: 1415064259163.jpg (60 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1415064259163.jpg
60 KB, 530x600
>>28118091
>Lastly, consciousness isn't what you think it is. When you die your astral body detaches from your physical body and goes to another plane. Humans can't intervene with divine law.

This is good bait
>>
File: 1461018735594.gif (29 KB, 430x650) Image search: [Google]
1461018735594.gif
29 KB, 430x650
>manmade industrial apocalypse ruined the earth and humanity is thrown into an era of neo-hunter gathering

i'm the only one who ktf and thinks thats cool
>>
>>28117936
>Why?
Oh, right.

>Will police even exist when society is that radically different?
I guess not. Some sort of hospital would do it I suppose. I was eager to post and not thinking coherently.

>These people would become so brilliant at such an accelerated rate that nothing would be the same.
Oh yeah. You could just download Chinese cartoons into your brain. Oh man. Everyone could become intelligent.

Yeah I guess this is more of a tfw no utopia thread. Since this stuff would never happen.
Even with immortality, creating life would still be kinda messed up and normies will never accept that truth.

Life is so unfair. There has to be an afterlife.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
95 KB, 1280x800
>>28118161

>tfw ywn download chinese cartoons directly into your brain
>tfw ywn erase your memory and plant yourself into a One Piece MMO indistinguishable from the real world where you live out your battle shounen superpowers adventure with a crew of trustworthy robots
>tfw you realize we're probably all fragments of God that became bored and decided to inspect itself in a wacky way in similar manner until it reformed

Fuck this garbage world
>>
>>28117629
I would become a qt girl. And then spend all my time in virtual reality playing as qt anime girls.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.