[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw used to be obsessed with anime, manga and vidya >haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 518434.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
518434.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
>tfw used to be obsessed with anime, manga and vidya
>haven't touched either of them once this whole year
>decided to finally try a game
>bought Stardew Valley
>loved the concept and how comfy it was
>still refunded it after just 50 minutes

Have I outgrown video games, or am I just too depressed to play them? Even when I enjoy what I'm playing, I feel like I can't take it seriously and focus on it anymore.

Just one year ago, I would get so immersed in my Mongolian cartoons/comics, and my video games. Now I just can't get immersed at all, like I have some vague anxiety tugging at me.

Does anyone know this feel?
>>
>>28115928
it's called growing up anon

it sucks
>>
You should try more lore/story focused games. It's about the only thing I can enjoy nowadays.
>>
>>28115928
Your growing up anon.
>>
File: Don't know that feel.jpg (52 KB, 655x833) Image search: [Google]
Don't know that feel.jpg
52 KB, 655x833
>>28115928
I used to be semi-obsessed with anime and before that Star Wars and Lego. My whole life's just been trying to feel up this big gaping hole in my self where I feel there should be a real personality. I think it's most the depression - gives you anhedonia which means you can't derive pleasure from anything anymore.
>>
>>28115928
> Have I outgrown video games, or am I just too depressed to play them?

that's a serious question which demands a serious answer

it's hard to tell, because we don't know if you're channelling that prior focus and passion for vidya into something new, but this line...
> can't get immersed at all, like I have some vague anxiety tugging at me.
... hints at something troubling in your wellbeing

now that may not be a symptom of Depression, but rather a warning light going off in your psyche to alert you to a deeper need which toys and games won't satisfy - but again, we don't know

one thing we can be certain of though, is that if you ignore this problem it's going to get worse - and you might well end up with a serious mental health issue

so... where are you at in life, what kinda stuff are you doing aside from not playing the computer games you once loved, and what are your current goals/ambitions/dreams?
>>
I know that feeling, but to goes in waves for me. I used to play a lot of games. Then, for two years or so, I did not play much at all besides a bit of dota.

Then just recently I have been started to enjoy games again. Played Pillars of eternity and replayed New Vegas and KOTOR 1 and 2. Also been playing some more HOI3 and Victoria 2.

Anime has been constant for me, I just need to watch some comfy show each season.
>>
Stardew valley is shit so not really surprising
>>
Games are shitfests now. The most common things are 1) worsening of gameplay due to budget constraints from art requirements 2) worsening of gameplay because the "core" is defined too broadly and 3) gameplay being dumbed down horrifically so it focuses on pure rote with no future planning over combating an immediately bad situation and having the option to "build up"

The Harvest Moon games were simple: farm shit, sell shit, maybe get a wife, do some weird side shit like digging or helping the elves to get bonuses. Every game after tried to add in cockamounts of crazy shit, or just couldn't even be as simple as the early Harvest Moons without cocking everything up.

The easiest way to test if you're "done" with gaming: play a game from 10+ years ago. Games that were on the PS2 or earlier if console, and if on PC, were PC-only 2007 or earlier. Pretty much any of those will be far superior to the contrary. Literally Sony is finally getting around to re-releasing FFVII, because despite cornering the Japanese Autist crowd, FFVII is a good game.
>>
File: 619945.jpg (24 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
619945.jpg
24 KB, 500x333
>>28116036
>where are you in life?
I'm currently 18 years old turning 19. I have a job which I work 3 days a week, I'm pretty antisocial and also a virgin, I had plans to go to college next year but now I don't feel like it anymore. In fact I only got my current job because I needed the money, otherwise I would just NEET it up.

>what stuff are you doing aside from playing vidya?
I play guitar, but I've even being doing that less and less. I used to play 3-6 hours a day, and now I play for maybe 1 hour every 3 days. I usually just browse 4chan now.

>current goals
To obtain money for things I need. That's it.

>ambitions/dreams
I used to want to be a famous politician like mussolini or general franco, but now I just wanna die tbqh

>>28115957
I've been considering re playing dragon age origins, because I never played the dlc or awakening
>>
>>28116256
Just leave you stupid normie, this isn't the place for you.
>>
OP stop abusing substances. you have probably destroyed your brains natural dopamine levels which lowered levels of definitely are associated with everything you have described. i hope you don't abuse stims because that is the worst for it. if you're just a pothead well that is pretty easy to fix. moderate that shit.
>>
>>28116290
>he doesn't have rich parents and has to work in order to eat, which obviously means he's a normie lol XD
>>
File: titrwimvg.jpg (415 KB, 1146x2664) Image search: [Google]
titrwimvg.jpg
415 KB, 1146x2664
why do people keep posting "outgrown vidya" threads

as I get older I play them less and less but it isn't a crime to mess around on gta 5 a bit or go full autism into ckii or dwarf fortress for a while
>>
>>28116256
> but now I just wanna die tbqh

uh, yeah - i'm gonna say you have depression

i'm still glad i asked you about those other aspects of your life, because they show you haven't always been so passionless - but in going from someone who actively engaged with life in some small way, to someone who spends most of his time lurking this shithole and wanting life to end, then i'm gonna say, yeah; you're depressed as flip bro

doesn't sound like it's too late though, since you're still coherent enough in your communication and have some recognition of there being a problem, leading you to ask some questions here - but i'm guessing that at nearly 19y/o you have no idea how to manage depression other than some vague ideas about getting happy pills from the Doc

anti-depressants 'can' help, but they only take the edge off that sense of grief - there's always an underlying reason why someone feels so unfulfilled and fruitless as to mourn, like one has been bereaved of something and cannot replace it

so you're going to need to talk to people and 'process' that sense of grief, allowing the truth to come to the surface and be dealt with

any ideas who you could share these feelings with, aside from the clinically depressed je/r9k/s in this time-sink?
>>
>>28115928

you are like me, anon
>>
>>28116388
I still love videogames.
Aside from the kids, there isn't one person in that image that I wouldn't enjoy seeing dying in pain.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.