[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you parents still together?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1451039402940.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1451039402940.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
Are you parents still together?
>>
>>28113442
Yeah but might as well not be.
>>
Not anymore, my mom died in 2014. They were married for 36 years when she passed away though. They were very lovey dovey with each other. They met when she was 14 and he was 18, she was my dad's sister's best friend. They got together and got married when she graduated high school.

My dad misses her a lot, still always looks at pictures of her all the time.
>>
>>28113442
No. They were together for 20 years. Their marriage was a mistake. At least it made me never trust in people, especially women.
>>
No, when I was around 10, my dad beat my mother up so bad, my grandmother called the police.

He's been stuck in prison ever since, they injures he did to my mother was so hard. Broken bones, cuts and everything. Also charged him for rape.
>>
Yeah, I feel sorry for my dad. My mom is such a lazy bitch.
>>
>>28113442
No. They were never married, but split up when I was 12. During that time up until I was around 13, I got obsessed with Crash Bandicoot as a coping mechanism because (I realized why I had this burst of interest as I got older) it reminded me of when we were all one big happy family and played Crash Bash together. (My parents were really into gaming when I was a kid.)
>>
Yes, suprisingly. Almost 30 years. They hate each-other's guts and do nothing but nag each-other. My mom is a great person on her own, and my dad is... tolerable. But put them together in the same room and it becomes a nightmare.
>>
>>28113442
Yes, but it's mostly for my sake and because of religion.
>>
File: 1459498006014.png (156 KB, 1023x619) Image search: [Google]
1459498006014.png
156 KB, 1023x619
Yes but mom gets fed up with everything sometimes

she's actually sleeping downstairs on the couch right now for the first time in years
>>
Yeah but they've told me they don't really want to be. My dad's slept on the couch for the past decade or so.
>>
>>28113442
Yes. They've been married for almost 30 years now and still love each other.

That doesn't mean I'm normie though except a failed one at best.
>>
File: 61b.jpg (13 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
61b.jpg
13 KB, 259x259
Married 28 years IIRC. They still love each other and all. I can't say the marriage was super blissful or like that, but they get along great with each other, and my mom has stuck with my dad through thick and thin. They get into arguments sometimes, but those usually fizzle out.

>mfw the guy my mom left to be with my dad eventually became a doctor
>mfw my dad is just a blue-collar machinist (although a very experienced one)

I've always wondered how she feels about that.
>>
My dad killed himself in 2011, didn't know about it until 2013. Sometimes i see and hear him, and there aren't words for the nightmares i have most nights. I wish i was lobotomized so i couldn't feel anything anymore.
>>
>>28113442
Yep, 40+ years.
>>
File: 1447009571049.gif (264 KB, 148x111) Image search: [Google]
1447009571049.gif
264 KB, 148x111
yes, but I don't think they've loved each other in at least 20 years
>>
>>28113442
of course not. they got divorced when i was 7.
>>
File: good night.jpg (8 KB, 250x213) Image search: [Google]
good night.jpg
8 KB, 250x213
>>28113442
my dad and mom seperated when i was 3 months, then my mom sudenly became homosexual and maried a woman, that later seperated when i was 12. My mom is a feminist aswell...

kill me.
>>
No, they split up when I was 3. Good thing too, that woman would have been an awful influence on my life. I haven't seen her since I was 4 and I don't want to see her again.
>>
No, they divorced when I was 13. I was too depressed by that point to give a shit. Every therapist I had back then assumed that was why, but I really genuinely didn't care.
>>
bit over 30 years here. still married, they basically cant stand each other though but are both too socially isolated to leave eachother so they just stay together because its easy.....
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.