[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CAN I STILL GET INTO HEAVEN IF I KILL MYSELF CAN I STILL GET
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1378066946990.jpg (12 KB, 424x394) Image search: [Google]
1378066946990.jpg
12 KB, 424x394
CAN I STILL GET INTO HEAVEN IF I KILL MYSELF
CAN I STILL GET INTO HEAVEN IF I KILL MYSELF

AAAAAA
>>
>>28111626
There's no such a thing as heaven mate, this is the only life you will ever get, are you having a good time? :^)
>>
>>28111663
what happens after death then?

i'd like to think there's something nice...
>>
File: tfw enlightened.jpg (107 KB, 500x637) Image search: [Google]
tfw enlightened.jpg
107 KB, 500x637
>>28111626
Killing yourself is the only way to have such a pleasant afterlife one could describe as "heaven". But you can't do it with a gun, drugs, rope, or any conventional means, otherwise it'd just be like a normal death caused by your environment.

What you need to do is meditate on a daily basis. Get used to entering a very deep state of meditation that's very quiet and dark. After a good few years of this, you should be able to enter such a deep state of meditation that you can actually will the life force out of your body. If you die before you do this, your life force dies along with your body.
>>
>>28111692
Honestly at this point in my life, oblivion seems like something nice to me
I hope my suffering ends soon :)
>>
>>28111626
If thats what you're concerned about I got a loop hole for you buddy:

Suicide by Cop.
It's not your fault if the cop shoots you.
>>
>>28111722
Enlightenment?
>>
File: ef1e394f7b[1].jpg (167 KB, 1332x1018) Image search: [Google]
ef1e394f7b[1].jpg
167 KB, 1332x1018
>>28111663
Tbh, reincarnation is probably the most logical possibility. If you've come into existence once, you can probably come into existence again. Especially given that you can't perceive time. It'll probably be a blink and you'll reincarnate into something at some other time. We have to remember: There is absolutely no proof for the concept of non-existence. Just because we can't remember anything from before we're born doesn't mean that we didn't exist as some kind of consciousness prior to that. I personally fall towards the pantheistic or panpsychist side of the aisle because of this. It's pretty logical.

If there is a God, I really hope he forgives everyone. Because I honestly think that nobody deserves eternal torment, not even my worst enemy. I love you, anon. At least while I'm drunk <3

no homo
>>
Unless you committed some horrible crime those La Dispute lyrics are irrelevant to you. Also don't kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>28111739
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_sin
That falls under Scandal: Deliberately causing someone to sin gravely.
>>
File: 1457214757119.png (73 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
1457214757119.png
73 KB, 618x618
>>28111813
>reincarnation is probably the most logical possibility
>Just because we can't remember anything from before we're born doesn't mean that we didn't exist as some kind of consciousness prior to that
>It's pretty logical.
>>
>>28111894
Not b8, m8. I'm serious. Does someone suffering amnesia suddenly make it so that their pre-amnesia life simply didn't exist?

If memory isn't a part of consciousness, it would make sense.
>>
>>28111813
>>28111894
Not either of the anons you guys were talking to, but I think the afterlife/beforelife are just really subtle. Like how even if a dream is extremely vivid and you remember it well when you wake up, it gets completely drowned out after a little while of being awake.
>>
>>28111813
>>28111813
It's only logical if you assume that human 'consciousness' is anything more than essentially a more evolved form of the instinct that drives all animals. We're not special, we're just another random iteration of atoms.

Keeping that in mind, I would argue it's more logical to assume once our matter eventually changes form, whatever we think we're experiencing simply ceases to be and the universe moves on. Hail Entropy
>>
>>28112139
>It's only logical if you assume that human 'consciousness' is anything more than essentially a more evolved form of the instinct that drives all animals.
eh. Strict material-determinists always handwave away consciousness. The fact is that we really don't have any falsifiable explanation for it.

>We're not special, we're just another random iteration of atoms.
We really don't know that. The fermi paradox throws that question into a debate.

>Keeping that in mind, I would argue it's more logical to assume once our matter eventually changes form, whatever we think we're experiencing simply ceases to be and the universe moves on. Hail Entropy
Maybe. Like I said though, we don't know. Either way, sweet oblivion, reincarnation, or eternal bliss. All are better than the idea of eternal torment.
>>
>>28112139
But what the hell is the universe and reality?

If reality can exist for me once then why can't it exist for me again? Even if conciousness is tied to your brain the fact that we're even here in the first place is mind boggling so I don't buy that death is the end
>>
>>28111626
You'll probably get to life as another being after death.
I secretly believe that reincarnation is a thing.
>>
sorry lads, but all of you claiming 'Logic' as the foundation to your worldview are disregarding - and even outright rejecting - the most salient facts

God the Creator became a man, Christ Jesus; and proved His divinity and authority by His miracles and by rising from the grave

this same man, Jesus; taught that there 'is' a Heaven and a Hell, and that there is only one way to enter Heaven; by putting all your trust in Him to rescue you from the rightful punishment for your Sin

so to answer OP's question, unless he has put his trust in Christ to save him; he was never going to Heaven in the first place
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.