[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people cut? i don't understand >i'm sad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: 1458321907339.jpg (21 KB, 552x687) Image search: [Google]
1458321907339.jpg
21 KB, 552x687
Why do people cut? i don't understand

>i'm sad. what will help with my sadness? i'm gonna cut my skin.

like actually what is the logic?
>>
I don't really get it either. Maybe some kind of adrenaline / endorphin release from the "pain" ?
>>
>>28107448
They're sad, therefore they want to suffer, and the easiest way to achieve it is by physical pain.

I'm pulling this out of my ass so I might be wrong.
>>
I've hard it's pain they can control and that it releases good feels for them because they don't feel at the mercy of others.

But I mean, I have no idea how that fucking works
>>
>>28107448
I am speaking for myself, but I did it so as to trigger an emotional reaction, something that would the tension built up to be released. Also there's the masochistic side of it too
>>
I don't know, but once when was extremely sad and depressed for whatever reason, I tried to cook something and burned my fingers, it obviously hurt, but for a second made me forget about the almost ubearable "inner pain" that was killing me. Maybe there is something of that.
>>
Because depression is linked with having a low iq
>>
To remind myself I bleed just like you
>>
Because they want attention more than anything
>>
>>28107574
Go to bed Clark. You're drunk.
>>
It's a combination of chemicals released by the brain when you inflict pain, the psychological effect of visibly showing the world that "I have a problem, I need help" (even if they hide them, they always think/daydream about people seeing them), and the prospect of being in control of your body to such a degree that you are allowed to make such damaging actions towards it.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1461349034573.jpg (60 KB, 1224x1224) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461349034573.jpg
60 KB, 1224x1224
I really really dont get. I've been depressed for some time but I would never cut myself. Why would I want more scars when I already got many on my face due to acne and accidents? But to be honest, I think cuts and like pic related looks so nice.
>>
>>28107571
I thought that was schizophrenia and psychopathy
>>
People do it for all kinds of reasons, it's pretty dumb but ultimately everything is pretty dumb.
>>
File: IMG_0006.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0006.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>28107624
Or like this. This one is of a /robot/. It looks very aesthetical pleasing.
>>
>>28107624
That's a cut?

That looks like someone meet the floor with his face.
>>
Maybe they got a tick, and had to cut it out before they got the ol' Lymes! My cousin Barbara took it when she was just a kid, it's been awful.
>>
>>28107448
They're just attention whores.

It's why they all take photos of their wounds and post them on facebook. So all their friends can go "oh my god u poor babby dont be sad T______T"
>>
>>28107666
Yeah, dont know what happened because I stole it from the facebook of a normo I catfished on /soc/. But I meant cuts and meetings to the floor like pic
>>
File: pug.jpg (89 KB, 920x656) Image search: [Google]
pug.jpg
89 KB, 920x656
It felt good
It gave an endorphine release and it made me feel like I was in control of something for once in my life
Granted I've only ever done it once so take what I say with a grain of salt
>>
>>28107448
Why do people talk about how sad they are on the internet?

>I'm sad. What will help my sadness? I'm gonna mope about it

Just be happier
>>
File: 1440038109013.jpg (122 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1440038109013.jpg
122 KB, 499x499
>>28107666
Also 666 get

Get out satan
>>
>>28107448
I like it when the red water comes out.
>>
File: IMG_20.jpg (326 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20.jpg
326 KB, 1125x1500
>>28107723
What makes an aesthetic cut?

Do you think I'm pretty?
>>
File: 15385371750_e27cb93474_z.jpg (99 KB, 478x640) Image search: [Google]
15385371750_e27cb93474_z.jpg
99 KB, 478x640
>>28107699

ive only ever really done it when im piss drunk, but it does give you an endorphin rush

never posted anything about it, the scars are embarassing, they make me feel like a faggot
>>
Personally I used to cut myself because I wanted to heart someone but knew I would get the shit beaten out of me, so I took my anger out on myself
>>
>>28107921
What if people enjoy having people on the internet think of them as fucking faggots?

Have you ever tried it?
>>
>>28107571
>>28107625

What? I've heard the exact opposite.

More creative people suffer more mental illnesses. More intelligent people are less happy etc....
>>
>>28107990
>heart
*hurt for fuck sake
>>
>tfw no bf with cut scars to kiss on them softly and tell him that everything will be okay
>>
>>28108096

Faggot fagg
>>
>>28107851
It is very good looking. It is the color of the blood that has something. But if thats you, i would really advise you to stop doing it. Please anon.
>>
>>28108147
Why even live

Allahuakbar
>>
>>28107448
They say that the pain numbs their feelings. It detracts focus from the pain of their lives with adrenaline and being caught up in the stinging sensation.
>>
>>28108053
Intelligence is correlated with depression
Niggerism is correlated with stupid posts on imageboards

>>28107990
This is an incredibly common reason. We live in a society where people just aren't allowed to be violent against property or other people so they figure they have to take it out on themselves.

This shit is just amplified in the psych ward. You're trapped in this fucking small hospital floor, you're having side effects from shitty drugs and you're being watched constantly yet you can't exercise or punch a boxing bag or anything to relieve stress. You can't hurt other people and get away with it, you can't damage property but it's legal (and even somewhat appropriate - you are just a crazy loser) to hurt yourself. Then they wonder why people snap and do that shit.
>>
I did it once to see if it was all t's cracked up to be.

I cut my leg, and life was still shit and miserable, except now my leg also hurt.

I do whip myself with an electrical cord if I entertain the idea of acting on impure degenerate urges, but that's more to punish myself than because I think it helps me feel better.
>>
>>28107448
90%< is for attention/cry for help in some way or another

10%> is due to true mental illness, similar to how some tards hit themselves when overstimulated with anger/despair/frustration

This applies only to those who cut with any other intention than suicide
>>
I punch myself in the head instead, since I don't like people knowing I hurt myself.

I'm pretty sure I'm actually autistic, and not a high-functioning one either.
>>
>>28108566
Why are the people who don't do something or see no realistic personal appeal to the idea of doing something the experts in why people do it?

It's like asking someone in a D.A.R.E. t-shirt why people do heroin

>>28108609
Punching yourself is a very weak form of self harm. How do you know you won't like something else if you've never tried? Why do you let society dictate what you should like?
>>
>>28108656
I have cut myself before. I regret it a lot, because people can see what you've done. I'd much rather beat myself up, so no one knows.
>>
I cut when I was 14 because my degenerate "emo" friends said it helped

Still got scars and when the fucking normies see them they either give me false pity or tell their own dumb stories.

I never even cut deep and not even that many times.
>>
>>28108679
I used to think the same but then I realized that I was just being a fucking pussy.

If you're seriously trying to hurt yourself then things will only get worse because if you legitimately hate drawing attention to yourself then you'll begin doing things that will permanently hurt you and bring attention
>>
File: 1461460525139.jpg (904 KB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
1461460525139.jpg
904 KB, 4160x3120
It's pretty, and it's soothing to do
>>
Because your body releases chemicals in your brain when you're in pain. Ever notice how when you hurt yourself, but not really badly, you laugh? The people who cut are addicted to whatever chemical does that.
>>
>>28108821
>tfw just want to be a bloody, scarred mess of flesh but know my autism won't ever allow me to sit comfortably with cuts asymmetrically everywhere
>>
>>28107448
Seeing my body heal feels like it loves me.
>>
seeing blood temporarily lessens depersonalization, at least for me
i know it's the standard response but i really hate when people say it's all for attention. i haven't worn short sleeves or shorts in 7 years, i dont see how anyone could think im doing this as a cry for help
>>
>>28107921
you know what else gives you an endorphins rush?

Eating chocolate, eating spicy food, masturbation, winning at a video game, scented candles, exercise, watching a funny movie, listening to a song you really like.

But no, forget all that dumb shit, lets rip some flesh open.
>>
>>28109035
Why do people do heroin when they can eat chocolate. I think we just found the cure for every rehab institution to implement! You're so smart!
>>
File: alYOQKn.jpg (670 KB, 1840x1088) Image search: [Google]
alYOQKn.jpg
670 KB, 1840x1088
You see, your self, and your mind and body are not the same so to say. You body automatically breaths and heal wounds and shit, you don't say out loud 'heal my wounds' it just fucking heals. You don't have a say. It just happens.

Now, mentally sjws dying their hair, making them stand out from other people. This action is an action of there body. They're body know shit's absolutely fucked and is polite enough to influence the sjw to die their hair so normal people will see it as a red flag and avoid them for there own safety.

The same is with cutting like >>28108821 When I see those scars it's a red flag to me and I will avoid them.
People's body make them cut out of politeness.
>>
it's always been a compulsion for me. i'd chew the inside of my mouth raw or scratch my skin off before i ever started cutting. i even ripped off my toenails if i became stressed or dissociated. it brought me back and made me feel something. after a while i took up smoking for the same effect, but now i dont do either. if i get stressed i still long for it though, and i hate it.
>>
>>28107448
Its literally a meme. They do it because they see other edgy emos do it.
>>
>>28109651
Life is a meme. You continue it because you see other "normal" people doing that.
>>
>>28108222
>We live in a society where people just aren't allowed to be violent against property or other people

I'm pretty sure that's true for every society in the history of mankind.

You can't sustain a community if everyone's running around burning buildings and stabbing their neighbors in the face.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.