[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to overcome nihilism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: pitch-black-darkness-21[1].jpg (40 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
pitch-black-darkness-21[1].jpg
40 KB, 1024x683
How to overcome nihilism?
>>
what do you mean by "overcome"
>>
You don't. Embrace it.
>>
>>28105908
You don't. It is the one truth.
You can ignore it, or embrace it.
>>
You can't, but you can try to ignore it. To drown it.
Drugs may help, but also make it worse. Get a gf and you'll forget about nihilism, if it only was that easy tho.
>>
File: Pasta Grill.jpg (74 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
Pasta Grill.jpg
74 KB, 500x480
>>28105908
>Inb4 "by growing up"

Just stop giving fuck, do whatever the you want but don't piss other people off
>>
>>28105977
>>28106007
good advice

you can't go back from learning the truth
>>
>>28105908
Read literally any philosophical texts.
The nihilism you believe in is nothing but ideology that you've been brainwashed to accept by pop songs and the like. If you make it from Plato to Nietzsche and still think nihilism is right, then you might just be a nihilist.
>>
Kill is self
>>
>>28105908
You don't immediately commit suicide, be a hypocrite, eventually find something to live for, and adopt a new babby philosophy you read on wikipedia.
>>
>>28106032
Nihilism is kind of hard not to believe in from an analytical standpoint. Finding a rational basis for value that is not nullified by the is-ought problem is a pretty heroic task, and I haven't seen it accomplished.
>>
Stop being a secular moron.
>>28106015
Why?
>>28106111
>rational
This is also ideology.
>>
hit the age of 16
>>
>>28105908
You don't, you either delude yourself that it isn't true or you accept meaninglessness.
>>
>>28105908
kiss the burning darkness, with fear
>>
>>28105977
>>28106007
i can't do it. it's like the devil whispering into your ear. it has made me incapable of acting. there's always a "why?" stopping me from getting invested in anything

>>28106032
i'm a philo major, I've read it all my man. there are no answers, only more questions. there's no transcendental signifier, no north star to follow

thank you for your answers
>>
>>28105908
It literally doesn't fucking matter. Just define reality how you want to based on your observations and experience. Constantly change based on new information. If nihilism leads you to apathy then it's a shit philosophy.
>>
>>28106203
>if it doesn't make you feel good it's wrong
>>
>>28105908
Stop being such an emo faggot.
>>
>>28106228
Should be the opposite.
>>
You need to acknowledge the truth of it, or at least that it may be true. Then, knowing that, willingly make the decision to move forward and invest yourself in something anyway. It's one of the greatest challenges of life.
>>
All you have to know is that these wounds will not hear and fear is all you know confususing what is real.
>>
We may be here on accident, but there is more to the story, there is a first cause or time is a loop, there is meaning out there somewhere. Otherwise you wouldn't exist. Maybe we won't be able to find it, but you can live and look for it.

Hedonism is the solution to nihilism, and by hedonism I mean epicureanism or something like that. Become a wise old stoner granddad and get a pet to look after, cultivate happiness for yourself and others. In this way you can create an ephemeral sort of meaning, or if not meaning, then pleasantness.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.