[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never explore the galaxy in your lifetime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 460x631) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 460x631
>you will never explore the galaxy in your lifetime
>>
although it may seem like it at the moment, this place is not /b/. please take this thread there. saged
>>
File: wiPddGw.jpg (125 KB, 489x1024) Image search: [Google]
wiPddGw.jpg
125 KB, 489x1024
>>28105618

You were born just in time to explore reality though.
>>
>>28105631

How is this a /b/ topic? It's not gore, it's not a racebait thread, it's not a get thread, there's literally nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>28105618
How do you know?

rosemary
>>
>watched a few eps of galaxy express 999
>expecting a super awesome show about how wonderful space is
>nope, everywhere sucks, even the places you think might be cool

There is no escape in this physical reality. I've lost most of my curiosity over space. I sometimes think about what it must be like to be suspended in the void of space, as far away from other humans as possible. But I don't idolize the idea.
>>
>>28105659
This is the correct answer.

I'm probably biased though because I'm on LSD right now. Life's good.
>>
>>28105618
we could have if we weren't fighting with each other since forever .
then there were many discovries made during war war or fueled by war
>>
>>28105618
>you were born just in time to replace all of your living, decaying tissue with technology and continue life forever as a computer
>>
>>28105783
>>28105659
Junkies pls leave
Drugs are some of the most normie things you can do, right next to drinking and self harming
>>
>>28105783

I'm not on drugs right now and I still think it's correct. The exploration of altered states of consciousness through psychoactive drugs is a lot more interesting than what we'll find through space exploration. Most of physical reality is desolate emptiness.
>>
>>28105659
>implying
You could take hallucinogens in pretty much any time in history. We'll probably have better, cheaper, and more effective ones in the space age.
>>
The universe is so interesting. How big is it? Does it end somewhere? What does the end look like? It cant just keep going forever right?

There are things in the universe we didnt even think could happen. Its like a different reality.
This is so frustrating for someone with aspergers. I WANT ANSWERS AND FACTS DAMMIT.
>>
>>28106779
IKR i loooove science ;)
#autism&proud
>>
you can still explore the earth you idiots
>>
>>28105817
Spotted someone who doesn't know anything about LSD/DMT
>>
>>28106779

>The universe is so interesting. How big is it?

Observable universe is 46 billion light years diameter, Total universe is 91.5 billion light years diameter

>Does it end somewhere? What does the end look like?

There's no known edge, spacetime is expanding into itself, with celestial bodies moving away from each other at light speed. There are 3 prominent theories to the end. Heat death, big bounce and big crunch (Most think heat death is most likely).

>It cant just keep going forever right?

Until we can properly understand dark energy, it can go pretty far
>>
File: 1376797982040.png (106 KB, 922x882) Image search: [Google]
1376797982040.png
106 KB, 922x882
>You still are just in time to explore the bottom of the ocean!
>You still are just in time to explore limestone cave networks across the world
>You can always explore the darknet on someone elses laptop

Just lower your bar a little, jeez.
>>
>>28105618
probably not true actually, i'd be surprised if aging wasn't solved within 40 years
>>
File: 1437066008132.jpg (65 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1437066008132.jpg
65 KB, 604x604
>you will literally never be a European explorer who touched down upon a foreign land never before described by anyone from your native land, with no idea what awaited you
The sense of adventure must have been intoxicating.
>>
>>28107222
>he thinks the average pleb will have access to that expensive technology
The elite will become immortal. You will be forced to worship in submission.
>>
>>28105618

Pioneers are never the average joe.
Do you think Columbus was some fucking pleb farmer that woke up one day and said "fuck it! im gonna learn cartography, navigation, buy a fucking ship, get a crew and find something in the Atlantic" ?

You always need lots of money for those things.
>>
>>28107346
Maybe not the initial explorers, but once they got settled in and communities were built, a lot of mainland explorers were average plebs. Obviously to own a ship and lead your own expedition with a crew took cash. But lots of people just took their families across the country.
>>
>>28107346

Nvm, you could always resort to piracy. That works too.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.