[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Feels & Frogs: Finals Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 23
File: bartenderwojak.jpg (57 KB, 614x389) Image search: [Google]
bartenderwojak.jpg
57 KB, 614x389
Good evening, robots and normalfags who've lost their way. The F&F is open again tonight, and we've got a special for students who have finals this coming week (like myself) who want to drown their stress in alcohol.

Come on in, have a seat by the counter or by the fire, throw something in the jukebox and share whatever is on your mind.

If you roll dubs, trips, etc. your next drink is free.
>>
>>28104975
Last one is tomorrow for me, so I feel excited and stressed. I'll take an amaretto on the rocks please.
How are you holding up barkeep, studying hard?
>>
>>28105089

Haven't served amaretto in a while, enjoy.

I'm okay, did a little bit of studying for my first final and I'll have several hours more to do so the day of tomorrow, but it's still rough.
>>
Whats up barkeep? No alcohol please.

Barkeep, let me tell you about my last few weeks.

Finally after all this agonizing time, I find a girl that wanted to go on a date with me. It was a good date and at the end of the date, she asked me if I would like to hang out with her again.

We end up having 3 dates in total. All 3 were pretty good, the last one was great.

We havent seen each other the past 2 weekends though. The first weekend she said she was busy. The 2nd time I told her to just let me know if she wanted to do something, but she didnt message.

Of course I know she is most likely done, but I dont understand why or what went wrong?

The worst part is she still cuts up and flirts with me, yet she doesnt want to go out.

Women are so damn frustrating.
>>
>>28104975
Hey barkeep a little empty in here im sure it will pick up though. can i Have a sam adams draft please.
>>28105401
hey man i overheard your conversation and in my experience when something like this happens it is because the woman has found a man she likes more but wants to keep her options open with you in case it doesn't work out. I suggest you find other options, but dont cut contact. Keep her as an option as well because you dont know what will happen.
>>
>>28105401

You're absolutely right that women are frustrating though, I'm lucky enough that I managed to look inward enough to know I'll never make it with women, and so I don't bother anymore. I'll get you a water, how about that?

>>28105432

What you said to the other fella is exactly right. And the bar usually is a little dry the first hour or so but it'll pick up steam eventually. Till then, enjoy the draft.
>>
>>28105432
Thanks bud. Yah I thought that too, but I dont really think she is mixing it up with anyone else.

I more feel like she just realized how much of a loser I am. I feel like I was too clingy and needy and it turned her off.

We talked most all day thursday and friday and was still flirty. So maybe she is still interested?

She talked about all these things she wanted to do in the future with me. But I know girls are finicky and just speak whatever they feel at the moment with no real planning.

Just sucks cause I really liked her and I thought I was escaping this dark hole.

>>28105549
Water or tea sounds great.

Yah I'm at that point too. I just feel like no woman will ever love me or want to be with me.

Just think about it....how hard is it to even get a date?

Then if you get one date, how hard is it to get a 2nd or 3rd date and so forth?

There are too many stupid social rules and protocols to even make sense of. So even if you a few dates, you have to fucking do all the exact right things before you can even get some sort of committment.

Then you have to pray and hope she doesn't cheat on you with someone much better than you.
>>
>>28104975
Hey barkeep.

Neck is bothering and stressed for finals. I'll have one beer, just to soothe my neck.
>>
>>28105620

One of the sad realities of being a robot. Or really just a beta, below average man, etc. in general. I don't want to sound conceited, but if I had to pick between jumping through a million hurdles and passing a million more subtle tests just for a chance at a woman's affection, I'd much rather look elsewhere.

There's actually a program a couple hours away that finds homes for retired racing greyhounds, and greyhounds just so happen to be one of my favorite dogs, and they've got all the affection in the world with loyalty to match.

We've got this jasmine tea in the back that I'll whip up for you right away, I hope you enjoy it.
>>
A glenfiddich 18 please barkeep. Think I'll sit back and enjoy the music and stories. Company is nice after locking myself away recently to stress over exams.
>>
>i still have to wait 2 years to be able to drown my sorrows in alcohol because i live in burgerland
literally why
i'll go chainsmoke my life away instead i guess because at least i can do that
>>
>>28105679

Enjoy the beer. Why's your neck acting up?

>>28105757

That's exactly why I opened the bar tonight. I'm in the exact same boat and there are few people I get along with more than robots. Enjoy the drink.

>>28105760

If you're going to light up, take it to the patio upstairs. If you cross the border to Cucknada the drinking age here is 19 if that's any consolation.
>>
Just found out from my oneitis who I'm best friends with (what a novel story) that she's slept with her boyfriend, thus losing her virginity.

Make it something strong barkeep.
>>
>>28105857

>oneitis
>has a boyfriend
I'll get you some 45% straight. Enjoy it, anon.
>>
>>28105802
I think it's genetic. My mom has the same problem. A small quantity of alcohol helps -- can't get drunk because I have a big orgo test on Tuesday. What are you studying for?
>>
these are the best threads on /r9k/
>>
>>28106092
Incidentally, I'm doing a lot of reactions with ethanol, CH3CH2OH, when I just want to drink copious amounts of it.
>>
>>28104975
Who /dreadingworktomorrow/ here?
>>
File: mongolian man.gif (971 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mongolian man.gif
971 KB, 500x500
>>28104975
>both sexes are equal
>all races, cultures, and faiths are equal
>if you are nice to people they will be nice to you
>democracy is good
>god isn't real
>>
>>28106092
Jumping on your exam question to beef up the discussion here.

I've got a business organisation (company law, insolvency, partnership law) exam Tuesday, then a commercial law exam Thursday. It's the most soul destroying stuff I've had to do so far and my God am I looking forward to being done with it.

What's everyone else doing?
>>
>>28106092
>>28106135

I'm studying for my intermediate assets and receivables class tomorrow, and I've got notes in front of me for managerial the day after.

I've read bits and pieces of o-chem in my spare time, it's really interesting but definitely not for me.
>>
>>28104975
Hey barkeep, I'll take something strong, Irish and on the rocks. This is a pretty cool thing you're doing, how often does the bar open?
>>
>>28106304

Are you a law major or are these just auxiliaries you have to take? I have a business law and HR management class next semester and I'm looking forward to neither.

>>28106401

I can't remember the last time I've been on /r9k/ so I couldn't tell you how often this still happens nowadays. But before last Christmas there was a bar thread every weekend, sometimes on the weekdays too.
>>
I'll have a straight whiskey...

I work a government job, benefits are nice, job's not half bad, but I work with the dumbest motherfuckers you have ever met, mostly guys without any higher education. It's such that... Well, I'll just have another whiskey, please.
>>
File: s4s birthday dubs streak crop.png (132 KB, 956x1768) Image search: [Google]
s4s birthday dubs streak crop.png
132 KB, 956x1768
>>28104975
JD and C highball, barkeep.
>Finals Edition
>If you roll dubs, trips, etc. your next drink is free.
I recall back in early April I had an entire week of important exams. On April Fools day, I decided to go to [s4s] for their birthday and got an insane amount shitton of dubs, trips and nubdubs (xyyx) consecutively, and correctly predicted a fortune. Hopefully that luck lasted into the exams.
>>
>>28105213
>>28105708
>>28105802
you're not based
>>28106288
woopsie wrong thread
>>
I'll have a an old fashioned. Thanks.

My finals are the least of my worries. I moved back home for financial reasons this year and it sucks. I want to move out again in the summer but I cannot for the life of me find a job. I have applied to a million places and I can't get an interview.... Anyway, I'm here for the stories, let me know if any of y'all have any advice.
>>
>>28106431
Yeah essentially a major. I'm Scottish and we do law at undergrad and it works slightly different than other places. We apply directly to join the 4 year Law LLB degree course and only do law for our course (unless you do it joint with a language, business, or politics).
>>
>>28104975
glass of water senpai. have a term paper due in a week, haven't started research or writing. pretty much fucked at this point. one last speech to give. one more oral test in german class. then 5 finals. boy oh boy i've never wanted to kill myself more than right now. well, that's not true, but oh well
>>
>>28106470

At least the benefits are nice and I'm assuming the pay is just fine. Enjoy the whiskey, anon.

>>28106524

Well so far you're off to a bad start, maybe you'll get a good roll later on?

>>28106653

Enjoy the old fashioned. That's the worst part about the job market today, it's so painfully difficult to get an interview sometimes. I wish you luck though.
>>
>>28104975
I'm not ready for the week to start. I'll take whatever you recomend. Maybe I could give you a music suggestion? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xixTiB6tJTM
>>
Let me get a white Russian. I got out of the nut house a couple of days ago, I still feel suicidal but now I know better not to tell anyone.
>>
I have a final in 9 days, then another one 2 days later and the last one on the 15th.

I physically cannot bring myself to start working.

Wake me up please.
>>
>>28106822
is the nut house comfy? i was thinking of admitting myself for a while
>>
Hey Barkeep, I'll have Jack and Coke. Been really just tired of everything and I feel like this dude's trying to replace me in the only social circle I have. I want to just say i'm paranoid but I know it's more than that.
>>
File: 1342566017782.gif (1 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1342566017782.gif
1 MB, 240x180
I'll take the strongest drink you have...

Been getting into ASMR as a nice comfy sleep aid, found some girlfriend roleplay ones that were pretty good, filled the void of no gf for a little bit, and the illusion it provided of being loved was pretty good. Then I found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr799najsv4
>crush confession roleplay ASMR
>starts out pretty boring
>gets to the confession part at around 16:10
>body tenses up
>gets really suspenseful, heart is beating like crazy, can't keep my eyes closed because they're darting all over the place, hardly breathing
>when it was over I just laid there and contemplated everything, about how my life was completely void of any female affection that wasn't my mother
>really wanted to just cry in the dark but just couldn't
>was tired before but was now wide awake and had to take come NyQuil to get to sleep
That was 3 days ago and that completely fucked me up, I'm usually cold and emotionless, but that video was just something else, she has more like that but I'm not going through that again.
>>
>>28104975
I'm an adult male who still sucks his thumb.

Can you get me chocolate milk? And a blankey?
>>
>found lump on my testicle over a year ago
>kept it secret because of anxiety
>its still there and occasionally that nut gets a dull pain
how long do i have?
>>
>>28106888
forgot link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr799najsv4
>>
>>28106854

Not comfy at all, you're trapped with a bunch of crazies.
>>
>>28106921
i get a pain in my balls that run up my scrotum into my upper groin. im kind of hoping for some kind of cancer desu
>>
>>28106972
true, but i think it'd be better than out here. i'm as active in real life as i would be doped up on whatever they give me. i mean, as long as some schizo doesn't try to stab me with something i think it'd be bearable for a little bit
>>
Hey barkeep, I'll disirano and Coke.
Finals are coming up have not studied for anything, all my friends are doing well and I'm just kind of spiralling down into failure.
>>
>>28107115
when are yours? im in the same spot, did you at least go to your classes?
>>
so i turned it around barkeeper. I got a job as a chef at a great place, I moved back to my old city and its all looking up. Finally fucking good in my life. Now to save up money and just get good at my job.

Also give me the fanciest drink in the house. I feel like spending my money.
>>
>>28107136
Next week, and no I don't see any point
>>
>>28107168
yeah same, how many of them do you have? I guess we should start doing something
>>
>>28106880

Hard to say, but you know your drinks. Enjoy the Jack and Coke.

>>28106888

Damn, checking those trips. I've got some 151 you might enjoy.

As a side note, that's why the idea of ASMR never appealed to me. On the one hand, I get to craft the illusion that I've got somebody other than my parents and dog who actually love me, on the other hand it's so easy to get lost in the illusion that when reality comes back to bite you, it really hurts.

>>28106916

Maybe not a blankey but chocolate milk I can do.

>>28107115

I know that feeling. Sometimes I feel like I'm not cut out for the shit that I do and it becomes a vicious cycle of demotivation and failure. Enjoy the drink and good luck.

>>28107142

I wouldn't know fancy if it bit me, but I've got all sorts of shit behind me on the shelf if you're choosy. Congratulations on making something of yourself though, how close are you to climbing out this godforsaken pit and becoming a normie?
>>
>>28107212
2, chemistry and physics
>>
Organic chemistry final Tuesday
Give me a German Whip, i want to die
>>
>>28107254
fuck man, i have criminal law and international law to pass

good luck
>>
>>28107253
I've been on 4chan for 11 years now. I'll never assimilate into society without it but who knows by some standard I am already a normie? I'm still me. I still can't handle people in general, im still nothing like the others around me and life just shits on me because it can. I'll always be a robot regardless where I am.
>>
>>28107308
Shit, good luck man
>>
>>28104975
Just give me anything. I don't want to talk. I just want to die. I mean fuck, I'm anonymously posting on r9k and still don't feel comfortable telling other anons why I want to kill myself in the first place. This is my only therapy.
>>
>>28104975
Hey man. I don't really know what to order. One week ago I would've said no alcohol, trying to keep clean, don't wanna get drunk again. But tonight, i might just have a couple shots of vodka. Why was I not drinking alcohol last week? Well, there was this girl I've been talking to for the past couple of months. We're both in school, known eachother for 8 years but never really talked. Last week is when I finally confessed to liking her. She was just like "aww das cute, thank you". I know that meant I literally have no chance. We haven't been talking since. Yesterday it was my birthday. I don't have the facebook thing to remind people it's my birthday so only a couple of people privately messaged me to give me a happy birthday, in which she wasn't included. But enough with my love life. Last week is also when I finally decided I wanna go for medical school. I have about 3 months to learn everything biology related and so far it's been going great. At least until the depression kicked in again. Right now it's 6 am and I haven't studied anything for the past 2 days. Speaking of the past 2 days, on Friday I went to a BBQ, where I surprisingly got wasted, and got into a fight with someone. Well, not a "fight", i just said some dumb shit and the guy hit me. I started to cry. I really felt like killing myself then and there because literally everybody saw. Should I just end it, frogman? What is even the point?
>>
File: 1452554560928.jpg (67 KB, 609x518) Image search: [Google]
1452554560928.jpg
67 KB, 609x518
I've been having an existential crisis for a few months now. All I can think about is death, what happens when I die, there is no meaning to my life, etc. Just really horrible thoughts that don't make me feel easy. I am a man of faith, brought up to believe in God and all that good stuff but these past few years my faith has been pretty low. I've started to take interest in people with near death experiences and how atheists who were declared dead found and saw God. Perhaps i'm just looking for something to anchor my feelings to.

I am 21 and never had a job. I have burned all but a couple bridges to people I have known since highschool. Basically I have no friends in real life but have quite a few I can talk to online. I am just a NEET struggling being addicted to thoughts. I can't stop thinking about every possible outcome to anything. I've been trying to get a job lately but that hasn't been going well. I don't have thoughts of suicide.

I come to you guys asking not to debate me on my religion or my short comings but rather how to deal with this issue. Most of the day I can accept that I'll die and that'll be that. I can accept that death is a part of life and to live is to die as well. I can accept that I have my whole life ahead of me and I haven't found my true meaning to life. But at some point every day I get that uneasy feeling and things come crashing down.

All I ask for is to be at peace again.
>>
>>28107280

Enjoy the German Whip, just don't enjoy it to the point of dying.

>>28107318

That's both encouraging and discouraging. Maybe it is just a pipe dream that I'll someday no longer be a robot but I still want to find the answer myself in time.

I don't know about you, but even if I woke up tomorrow as a Chad among Chads I still would have it in my head to live in relative isolation and never reproduce.

>>28107356

That's a bourbon mood. Enjoy it, anon. Only problem with what you said is you say being on /r9k/ is therapeutic but you in the same breath say you aren't comfortable telling anyone anything. Little counterintuitive, no?
>>
File: 1461106790287.png (189 KB, 389x379) Image search: [Google]
1461106790287.png
189 KB, 389x379
>>28104975
Hey there barkeep, some bacardi please.
I'm feeling just a bit down because my oneitis asked me if we were to get back together, if I would be able to commit and dedicate myself to a relationship with her again.
And then proceeds to act like nothing happened. and then tells me about her bf.
Thanks for listening barkeep
>>
>>28107444
You're right. It's therapeutic in that I could talk about it if I wanted to. You guys are the only ones that I think truly care. Just knowing r9k is there is almost enough sometimes. I don't know. Thanks for the drink. Enjoy mates.
>>
>>28107444
I always found 444 the most ironic of trips. A robot isn't an autistic betabot who just exists. A robot is a mentality, a forced creation. We are robots because that is who we are. No matter where we come from this is where we ended up because that's the type of person we are. I post on MANY boards and honestly I've seen every person in the world here. We are all one person if anything. Its not a bad thing though. You can't leave this place because its the only place you'll be accepted and its the only place you'll find your answers at. Nowhere else in the world is like this so stay here with us. Don't try to leave it just try to improve it.
>>
>>28107412
since you think there's no meaning to life, then, in my opinion, it makes life more bearable. if there's no point, then there's no real consequences, so just do you man.

honestly, man has created it's own problems, and that includes asking what the purpose of life is. the purpose of life is the eat, sleep, and fuck. that's really all there is to it. life's purpose is not to have money or power, but to fulfill biological urges.

Throughout the years though, man has created standards for happiness. back in the day happiness was surviving and fucking, then it evolved in to having property and a family, and now a days it's gotten so complicated you have a mile long checklist to complete before you can become "happy".
>play recreational sports as a kid
>great good grades
>make friends
>have relationships
>go to college
>get good grades in college
>graduate near top of class with job lined up
>get a car
>get a wife
>have a kid or two
>make them happy, so in return they make you happy
>have a successful and meaningful marriage that last to old age
>see your grandkids grow up
>die at the ripe old age of 90 with family and friends surrounding you

see how long this fucking list is? as humanity has evolve, so to has their problems and people that can't handle it, like us probably, are left to rot in their own anger and sadness.

desu, i don't believe in an afterlife anymore. i used to, but now i just hope that when i go, so does my spirit. i don't want to live anymore on earth or in heaven or whatever. but if you do then that's cool
>>
>>28107394

I wish I knew, anon. I have a screencap - not on this computer - of a post from /b/ that gives advice on curbing depression that I follow to this day. In an eggshell, it's use the little distractions from day to day life to distract yourself from your depression, almost like a mind over body thing. When it's 2am and nobody else is around that's when it's okay to let the mask fail until the sun rises and more distractions present themselves. It's worked for me so far.

>>28107412

Sometimes that's all that's worth asking for, some peace. On my bad days that's all I ask for too, maybe you'll find it before I do.

>>28107499

Nice dubs, enjoy the bacardi.

She's definitely doing a power play. I suggest you do what you can to remove any emotional investment in her before she really hurts you.

>>28107508

You know what, sometimes I feel the same way, even if I usually just lurk. Enjoy your night, anon.

>>28107538

>444 the most iconic of trips.
Explain. Meanwhile I gotta get somebody a free drink.

Let me get this straight now, you're arguing for not trying to leave the robot life, but to make the best of it? Because personally I don't see what there is to make the best of with being a robot.
>>
File: happiness.png (400 KB, 975x322) Image search: [Google]
happiness.png
400 KB, 975x322
>>28107676
Here ya go friendo.
>Got a job paying $75k after 5 years of school
>still can't get over ex that dumped me
so I guess all in all life ain't too bad
>>
>>28107765

Thanks, shouldn't have been too hard to find.

What do you think is holding you back from getting over your ex?
>>
>>28107676
You can't leave this place. You understand too much, you see too much and you wish to say too much. The outside world isn't the place for you. On /v/ the meme was "you're stuck here forever" because whenever you'd go somewhere else you 'd realize that place sucked. It was never worth it. I've been here forever and never really wanted to leave. This place helped me grow and understand. I never want to leave it. I don't even want to change it. This is where I belong.
>>
>>28107796
Also the idea of 3 4s is funny to me. They are one above 3 yet there's only 3 of them.
>>
>>28104975
Hey barkeep, I'll have a gin and tonic.

Barkeep, should I be happy or sad that one of the best conversations I've had in a while was from a robot who was trying to doxx me?
>>
>>28107796
i feel like you can leave the site itself, but the site won't leave you. after the stuff you've experienced and read and learned, it just doesn't go away. it's like you take the kid out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the kid
>>
can i get a negroni bartender? Hope you're doing well.

This past weekend I was supposed to study and write up a few papers. I did absolutely nothing, how do i stop procrastinating ??
>>
>>28107628
I get what you're saying but I don't think I need a lot to be happy. Most of the stuff that you listed I see as things that I should do but they aren't things I have to do to be happy. Before I started questioning life I was just doing me. I only cared about maybe finding a job or finding what i'd jerk off to that day. I didn't have a lot of priorities. Then one night I just happened to think what it would be like to not exist. I know my issue might seem trivial to others but I just let it eat away at me.

>since you think there's no meaning to life, then, in my opinion, it makes life more bearable. if there's no point, then there's no real consequences, so just do you man.
I'm not sure if I can agree with that. But I will and always have just done me but sometimes I don't wanna do me.

I think i'm just growing up and finally realizing what it means to be an adult. I pretty sure I've found the reason why people drink all the time. I don't think I could bring myself to alcohol yet. Talking this out is helping me though. I don't really have people I can talk to this about.

Thank you for listening.
>>
File: GaspodinLibar1.jpg (282 KB, 900x1226) Image search: [Google]
GaspodinLibar1.jpg
282 KB, 900x1226
>>28107782
a number of things
>regrets of how I messed up
>how she ended it--started sleeping with my friend/roommate
>missed potential in the future
I know that she wasn't the right one, and all my mates agree that it was good that we're done, and it allowed me to cut some toxic people out of my life, but I dunno man. I think I get over it, and then something leltriggers me, and all the fun times come rushing back.
I know that we were incompatible, and all that jazz, but damn sometimes its hard to get over it.
also, one of her complaints was
>you're not oging anywhere with your life ,and I want someone with a future
jokes on her, i'm making more money than the guy she took up with.
anyways, thanks for listening
>>
>>28107796

If that didn't sound so defeatist I'd say you're right.

>>28107862 brings up a good point though. So we could all wake up tomorrow and look like Chad, but no matter what there'll still be some little shred of robot within us.

The question is, does that inner robot hold us back, or is it something we can take advantage of?

>>28107845

I can't answer that. I'd say be happy about the conversation and sad about the other person's intentions, and to enjoy the gin and tonic.

>>28107869

If I knew how to stop procrastinating i'd be telling the world, and most of all not procrastinating myself. Enjoy the negroni though, haven't served those in a while.
>>
File: GaspodinLibar2.jpg (259 KB, 900x1288) Image search: [Google]
GaspodinLibar2.jpg
259 KB, 900x1288
>>28107907
Gonna post this comic--its rather sweet and short
I'll also post some other stuff that I have buried on my computer. I remember r9k back when it was arcnine, and very different--2008-2009. Fuck, ive been here too long.
>>
>>28107765
How long is fooling yourself going to work? How long until you break down? I've first-hand experienced this self-deceiving tactic without knowing it. I would get distracted in the wonders of everything while being anxious and too self aware to participate in anything, and when for example I would be walking home by myself or sitting alone in front of my computer wth nothing to do and nothing to be self aware and anxious about my mind would spring into those self loathing and forever inadequacy sentiments. To self deceive is a dangerous thing do to because you won't take any life changing decisions just because of these moments like the "2 am loneliness" thing, because your mind will be too occupied with how low you are and not with how you can be higher.

I've tried to self deceive, to live the normal life, but I can't lie to myself for that long
>>
File: GaspodinLibar3.jpg (286 KB, 900x1259) Image search: [Google]
GaspodinLibar3.jpg
286 KB, 900x1259
>>28107932
I saved this comic back in december of 2011. and that was after I moved it from a different computer.
>>
>>28107870
i have a couple of people i sometimes talk about this stuff to, but i have to hide my powerlevel since their normies through and through, and even still they just tell me the same "just be yourself", "it's your shitty mentality","reevaluate your life". shit tier advice like that doesn't help with having an existential crisis for a month, winding up in the fetal position in the closet at 3 am.
>>
No alcohol for me barkeep. My dad passed away a month or so ago, I'm not sure what I'm doing anymore.
>>
>>28107918
defeatist? I am not broken nor lost. I am not undone nor unwound. I am whole and sane, both here and sound. I will never take this place for granted. You came here of your free will, you stayed of your free will.
>>
File: GaspodinLibar4.jpg (247 KB, 900x1275) Image search: [Google]
GaspodinLibar4.jpg
247 KB, 900x1275
>>28107975
>>28107958
Oh, I don't accept the philosophy in the screen cap I posted. I'm a fan of Stoicism--Lucretius, Marcus Aurelius, Epicurus.
>>
>>28107907
>>28107932
>>28107975

I've seen this before. In the other cases I've seen, what they needed was a moment of closure, to reaffirm that their breakup was ultimately a good thing or at least that it's happened and that the past can be swept away. What you can do in your case I don't know, but I'll throw the suggestion out there anyway.

>>28107958

The idea isn't so much self deception as it is just using your day to day workload to distract yourself from your self loathing. When the distractions are done in the middle of the night and all the pain floods in, you let it out until another set of day to day distractions come.

The OP is right in that keeping up this illusion long enough will eventually leave you convinced unless the source of your depression is clinical, like a chemical imbalance. And maybe when you aren't focusing on self hate, you can focus on making a plan to never have to hate yourself again.
>>
File: GaspodinLibar5.jpg (269 KB, 900x1279) Image search: [Google]
GaspodinLibar5.jpg
269 KB, 900x1279
>>28108044
I'm a sucker for feelings of nostalgia.
>>
>>28108002
Well I had one friend that I could talk about anything with. She had common sense and was quite intelligent. But stupid things happened and she deleted me on steam.

I understand what its like to go to people and have that shitty advice. "Oh im sorry I wish I knew what to do", "Just take a walk that'll help you out", or sometimes they will just straight up ignore you because its not a very popular subject to talk about. I know I can get through this but doing it on your own is quite a challenge for me. I've thought about going to a doctor recently and perhaps getting something prescribed to me but the thought of a pill forcing me to be happy or numb me has always been a turn off.

If you are going through what im going through anon I know you can get through it. I know its an unpopular thing to say around here but I'll mention you in my prayers.
>>
File: GaspodinLibar6.jpg (268 KB, 900x1271) Image search: [Google]
GaspodinLibar6.jpg
268 KB, 900x1271
>>28108061
>>28108066
Part of the problem was that I had to see her almost everyday for a while. Don't shit where you sleep, boys.
Part of my problem was bottling it all up inside. When I found out that it was happening, I didn't tell anyone for a few days, not even my best mate. Then it all came pouring out ,and I took some antidepressants without presciption. I think part of the problem was that I didn't work through it in a healthy manner.
Looking back, I can see that it was a toxic relationship, and overall I am much happier, but I still can't get the lingering bits out of my mind. And this was a relationship fro ma very formative part of my life, when I grew a lot as a person, and a lot of who I am developed out of that time, so it's hard to not be reminded.
>>
File: GaspodinLibar7.jpg (249 KB, 900x1275) Image search: [Google]
GaspodinLibar7.jpg
249 KB, 900x1275
>>28108157
Anyways, thanks for listening mate.
>>
Why not. It's just about 2 years, 2 years since she told me she didn't love me anymore, two years since all my "friends" took her side and said I wasn't treating her right, two years since I've been happy, 2 years since I've been sober, 2 years since she told me I have no goals in life, or ambition despite the face I'm a entrepreneur. 2 years since the neck tattooed, coke dealing, pill popping drug dealer from her past "are just a friend", 2 years since I know longer have to support us, 2 years since there was an us, 2 years since I still don't know what I am anymore. Despite we had our different hobbies, all "life stuff" I viewed as "us".

2 years since I've said I don't know what to so anymore

I need more beer
>>
>>28108153
don't be ashamed of your religion m8. most people on here that tip their fedoras are memeing anyways. i think religion can one of the most beautiful things in this world
>>
File: GaspodinLibar8.jpg (265 KB, 900x1267) Image search: [Google]
GaspodinLibar8.jpg
265 KB, 900x1267
>>28108190
And here's the last part. I haven't read this comic in years.
>>
>>28108066
>>28108157
>>28108190

>Don't shit where you sleep
Sagely advice. Nice dubs, by the way.

I appreciate you taking the time to actually tell your story though, hopefully you get over her one day.
>>
File: 1455349834952.png (15 KB, 200x164) Image search: [Google]
1455349834952.png
15 KB, 200x164
Hey bartender. I'll have a Jack on the rocks please. Is smoking allowed here?

I'm just tired of dating. I don't enjoy it. I don't enjoy their company. I don't enjoy sex and I don't want to be trapped in the meme of marriage. I surely don't want kids.

The girl I'm with now is pushing marriage and I keep shutting it down and we both know were really only together for the financial security we get by living together.

What do? I can't afford to live on my own again as my job is shit.
>>
>>28108190
Honestly hope you get over her, you need it.
>>28108243
Barkeep, I'll cover his drinks for the night.
>>
>>28108288

Checked, enjoy the Jack. Go upstairs to the patio if you want to smoke, weather is nice out.

At least you know marriage and whatnot is a meme, surely you don't have any other friends or lifelines to help with your financial situation? It'd suck if you got trapped, surely your girl is going to use shaming tactics and whatnot to get under your skin.

>>28108293

He rolled dubs so you won't have to start covering right away. But that's great of you, anon.

>>28108338

That's all I need, personally. Tinder isn't hit or miss, it's just scraping the bottom of the barrel. And besides that, it wasn't even designed for people to find relationships, which is humorous.
>>
File: what you want.jpg (425 KB, 650x1976) Image search: [Google]
what you want.jpg
425 KB, 650x1976
>>28108293
Thanks, friendo. I hope you have a good night as well.
Some inspiration for ya'll
>>
>>28105401
I feel you. I just drove four hours coming back from a weekend at my ex's, who begged me to come down. I was blue-balled, so it wasn't exactly a fun drive home.
>>
File: fun.jpg (36 KB, 415x391) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
36 KB, 415x391
>>28108293
Thanks, m80.
>>28108400
Yeah. I figure once I move that more options will open up. Sucks being at a small engineering school.
here's something for a small chuckle
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460940185880.jpg (37 KB, 625x351) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460940185880.jpg
37 KB, 625x351
>>28108400

Eh not really. I don't really have any friends since I moved. I left the shit of upstate NY to come to TX. But I feel like I'm spinning wheels again. I don't have time to make new friends with me working 6 days/week.

If I do end up.homeless it wouldn't be the first time. Last time I was homeless in that frozen hellhole of NY with that lovely -40f windchill. I can survive. Always do in the end

Captcha was steak. Fuck I need to get me a grill and make a real steak.
>>
>Feel like I'm kind of hitting it off with this girl
>Seems genuinely happy to talk to me
>Sometimes goes out of her way to talk to me
>Find out she's probably moving

Awesome
>>
>>28107676
Thank you barkeep. I'll keep that in mind and cut her off as soon as possible.
I'll have some crown royale, does it go down well after bacardi?
>>
>>28108479

My campus is full of attractive women, but I've seen the way the overwhelming majority of them act and they'd be as much a catch as a landwhale. Which is actually great if you ask me, really helps if I form as few, if any, attachments with women as possible.

>>28108509

Best of luck is all I can say, anon. When you make that steak, make it a steak worthy of a king.

>>28108560

I'd say have something non-alcoholic first, but other than that you can't go wrong with crown royal, one of my favorites.
>>
Too white for black women, too black for white women. This shit sucks man.
>>
File: 2016-01-04.jpg (50 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04.jpg
50 KB, 270x270
I have some tests coming up this week. I am kinda fucking sad.. Idk why.. I have this problem that prevents me from being confident.. Even from the shit that i study. I am so beta that i am afraid of acknowledging my intelligence by letting my fear for failure get the better of me.. I literally study for hours on end and I just feel like a failure. I am not failing my classes, but I feel like I could do better if I was more confident in myself. This self esteem deficiency puts me in the feels.
>>
>>28108655

But just right to roll dubs. If only there was a solution, good luck doing what you're doing anon.
>>
Scotch, neat.

I am not going to enjoy this week. My mental state is on a downward spiral, but the week before finals isn't a good time to start counseling. I guess I'll have to study with regular suicidal thoughts. Jesus, life really never gets better.
>>
>>28108657
You got this, anon. I know that exact feeling. 4 years of engineering school, and I always feel unprepared and stupid before a test. Just gotta roll with it.
>>28108803
Why the thoughts, friend?
>>
File: colored_mice.jpg (112 KB, 460x337) Image search: [Google]
colored_mice.jpg
112 KB, 460x337
Just give me a cigarette. I'm fucking exhausted.

Basically I just turned a girl down who wanted to be in a long distance relationship. I knew it had to happen one day and was dreading it. Before you brand me a normie, know that I am just being your average selfish, autistic robot. LDRs are a meme, and neither one of us could ever meet up as poor and bound to our social contracts as we are now. But the larger problem at hand is that I'm pretty sure I can not actually have a relationship with another human being. I just always break it off before anything real happens. Partly because I'm afraid of sex and intimacy, party because I'm afraid of letting the person down in general. And so, that is why I'm a KHV NEET, still, on this Sunday night. I feel terrible that she's probably crying right now or something, I knew she really, really liked me.
But to be honest, family, I was never too attracted to her in the first place. The idea of her was amazing, when we just were talking through text. But moving onto exchanging pictures and voice chatting, I really felt any kind of lust for her had faded away in the shining light of reality.
Anyway, I remain alone, as is for the best of everyone. It's just easier this way. And besides, I can't think of anything more interesting than documenting my own descent into anti-humanity. A complete absence of sexual urges aside from masturbation to other-wordly, 2D images. Complete social isolation. I am become one of "The Beautiful Ones."
>>
>>28108797
Barkeep, do you have a Amazon wishlist or something? You provide a valuable service, and I feel like you should get something more than immaterial thanks.
>>
>>71978970
Anon, how did you overcome this? I am constantly feeling like this.. I am not confident. I read it over and over again.. I try to incorporate association but my fucking fear of failure fulfills my prophecy for failing. I am fucking tired of it.
>>
>>28108894
Call me wrong but the barkeep changes most threads right? If not then he certainly deserves something
>>
>>28104975
Hey barkeep just a beer please, I'm feeling so stressed out these days, I'm going bald at 19 years old and have no confidence. Feel so depressed it's like my whole life just ended
>>
>>28108937
I have to say but being 19 and having your appearance go downhill is the worst thing ever. I feel you bro
>>
>>28108803

Scotch? You've more balls than me, friend. Enjoy.

>>28108853

If I had to find a post that summarized being a robot at its worst, it would be this. I've got some extra smokes, head up to the patio and enjoy it.

>>28108894
>>28108927

The barkeep is almost always different every thread. I used to be the regular barkeep every Friday from October through November but time constraints got in the way.

To answer your question, I've never had an Amazon wishlist because I never got around to making one, but frankly that feels a little personal and I doubt I'd be one of those stories of receiving heartmelting generosity. The gesture is appreciated though.

>>28108937

Enjoy the beer, it sucks that you're balding, it really does.
>>
>>28108937
whats up dude im also 19, i went from above average hair to 33 year olds guy hairline in 4 months

i can see the scalp clearly in the mirror
>>
Water on the rocks. You don't mind if I chew the ice right?

Lately I've been thinking about how I give myself a hard time. I'm waiting for the day when it all comes crashing down around me because I accidently did something out of place. I'm afraid of fucking up because I know that people care about shit I don't like hygine and saying hi, pleasantries and so on. I just want to keep low key and I can't let myself do that.
>>
Gimme a coffee black
I lost my beard
Now my face is nakes
>>
>>28104975
Good evening barkeep, I'll have a greyhound please. It seems strange to unwrap. But several years back I moved in to the US of A, I was so enthusiastic of starting life anew here, I was very outgoing and very sociable. Now cue a couple years forward after I was done with college, the friends there have moved out of our college town, I started living on my own with no housemates anymore, and it's odd because after the years of constant socializing, I 've got so accustomed to now spending my time alone: working, getting a couple drinks down at the bar, then going back home woth no company and spending my days off just sittin there watching movies or playing games.

It just seems that the whole ordeal made me so aloof, and the time spent alone made me totally forget how to connect and get to know others. Ironically, I feel perfectly fine being solitary now that I'm used to it but sometimes more often than I'd like admit, I'm so envious of all the people I've got to know during my college years who even though they are not hanging out with the same people and have moved out of town are perfeclty fine moving on and making new friends.

It pains me sometimes when encountering interesting people and being in those social situations an feeling like I have unlearned being like them an even more frustrating knowing that I used to be like that.
>>
Anyone seen 5cm per second? I legit shed tears, brought up the most powerful feels I've ever experienced from a movie.
>>
>>28108851
I have bipolar and I'm going through a rough patch. Never been diagnosed, but my dad has it, and I'm the exact same way he is, so I'm pretty sure. Not sure if I want to go through the trouble of looking for therapy when I'm leaving uni in a couple of weeks anyways. I don't think I've fallen so far that I'll actually hurt myself, so I'm not too worried.
>>
>>28109160
baka i cried like a bitch on your lie in april
>>
i'll just have a water, i should really stay away from drinking and stuff for a while.

how do you guys get motivated? the semester is almost over, i just need to write this paper but i've just been sitting here wallowing and thinking about dying for like 10 hours.
>>
>>28109189
Therapy would probably help even without a diagnosis.
As for pills, its trial and error. Never forget that. Maybe you'll find something that gets you normal, maybe you'll find something that gets you worse.
>>
I like you barkeep. Got a paypal?
>>
>>28109207
I've only watched one anime (5cm) and it tore my heart out man. Way too relatable.
>>
>>28109104

Go right ahead? I suppose I've heard stranger requests.

>>28109127

Black coffee at this hour, someone's gonna be hitting the books I see.

>>28109138

Greyhound, never mixed one of these before. Enjoy.

I used to be that exact sort of outgoing and sociable, and now I'm more often than not isolated and envious. What a way to live, no?

>>28109257

I wish I knew, enjoy the water at least.

>>28109280

I do not, but I really appreciate the gesture.
>>
I'll take a virgin rum and coke. I have finals which I know I won't pass since my teacher decided he didn't want to come in the day of one exam so he just made the final worth more. It's the last math I need for my bachelors degree. My mental problems are spiking again and I might lose the only one I love because they're being dragged down by my rotting self worth and emotional stability.
>>
File: drunk-guy.jpg (87 KB, 570x452) Image search: [Google]
drunk-guy.jpg
87 KB, 570x452
1 lb of beers please.
>>
>>28109257
I find getting started and focusing on the job the best way. 'getting motivated' basically means you want yourself to WANT to do something, which never fucking happens for me. If I get something done its because I started doing it and didn't stop until it was done. Then I felt good about doing it.
Trying not to whine helps me too. When I'm cleaning shit I often just zone out and get lost in thinking about things while the rest of me is concentrated on the task. The less time I spend actually doing it the worse everything gets and shit like mold grows really easily.
I went through several anti-procrastination groups and books. All of them basically say the same thing, slowly chip away at your resistance but in the end get to work and stop grumbling.
>>
>>28104975
Pour me an IPA barkeep. I thought I could do this no drinking thing, but I don't have the strength tonight. I was on a 7 day streak. Hope you're doing alright with the studies.

Hope you don't mind some Steely Dan. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB1SEbltbO8
>>
>>28110764

You're the last drink of the night, anon. As for the streak, we all fall down. Here's to you getting back up.

It'll be nice clocking out with Steely Dan in the background, good taste.
>>
Coffee, please; I feel it rather appropriate for this evening.

Exams start soon then I'm headed off to college. Struggling with having to leave the only group of people I've ever truly connected with, on top of a new school and all that. Melancholy and nostalgia make for interesting bedfellows.
>>
>>28110857

Okay you're the last drink of the night for real this time. Enjoy the coffee and good luck with your exams when they start.

At 1:40 AM EST I'll be out of here, if anyone wants to take my place on the counter after that feel free. It's been a pleasure, robots. See you next time.
>>
>>28105802
Can't smoke in an imaginary bar? Lame, ill go drink alone.
>>
File: 1457322118158.png (243 KB, 541x528) Image search: [Google]
1457322118158.png
243 KB, 541x528
Two fingers of Polish vodka. Straight, please.

I just had to break up with my girlfriend of over a year. I didn't know how much I meant to her until she told me she wasn't eating or sleeping much since we parted. She was always so proud and unemotional until after the fact. I never felt like I meant anything more than a lover to her but when I told her we couldn't rebuild what we had, for having committed someone else into my life, she told me she was in-love with me, completely and this is someone who is not an emotional person and not someone to reveal their feelings, so this meant alot. She even told me to go sleep with this other person if I wanted, but just come back to be with her, that we could even go to her home country and be together there. She told me that after me, she was finished. She hadn't felt this way about anyone and didn't expect to again. This is someone who never got attached easily and could have most anyone they wanted, for being successful, intelligent, unique, beautiful and effortlessly charismatic. This was very painful, for both of us.

The alternative would have been betraying the trust of someone who's very fragile and confirming every fear they had and self-doubt they suffer from, casting them out after just inviting them in my life. It was a terrible thing either way. I think I made the right decision, however. I don't have to worry about my former, and she will find someone else eventually, regardless of how she feels now. My current wouldn't be able to get through having done to her what I would have had to. It would have destroyed her.
>>
>>28111003
Look, if you don't want to go to the imaginary patio for your imaginary cigarette why play with the imaginary bar in the first place?

>games
>have rules
>lame
Stop being a chode.
>>
>>28104975
Steel Reserve.
>Gonna hang with girl
>Get depressed for no reason
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.