[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the best movie of all time? travis is an old fashioned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 15
File: 2ravis.jpg (23 KB, 592x299) Image search: [Google]
2ravis.jpg
23 KB, 592x299
is this the best movie of all time? travis is an old fashioned robot, from a time before computers and vidya.
>>
File: colonel kurtz.png (172 KB, 462x268) Image search: [Google]
colonel kurtz.png
172 KB, 462x268
colonel kurtz in Apocalypse Now is probably a robot too
>he is surrounded by corruption, moral filth, and generally everything is being controlled by careless, selfish people
>finally snaps and decides to go rogue
>studies and learns deeply philosophical things, things that have meaning, wants to teach everyone these things, but knows that not many will listen
>doesn't care if he is killed, he has truly ascended already
>>
>>28104660
>>28104968
Literally my top two favorite movies
>>
>>28104984
same, any other movies where the main character or any other main characters are robots?
>>
It's probably in my top 25, a bit of a step below best of all time. That's just my opinion though.
>>
>>28105078
Jersey Girl with ben affleck
>>
File: hello.jpg (31 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
31 KB, 300x400
>>28104660
>attractive guy who get dates with women
>robot
>>
>>28105151
>he is so distant from modern life and what women like that she ends up dropping him and doesn't even forgive him or let him rebuild their relationship
>she's a fucking heartless stacey in disguise, and he fell for her
did you not realize this?
>>
bump, this is a robot movie thread, so we'll talk about robot movies
>>
File: scarface.jpg (86 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
scarface.jpg
86 KB, 1024x768
>>28104660
Picture related my friend
>>
>>28104660
wut movie is this
>>
>>28104968
That movie is literally perfect
>>
Even though you're all normies, and I'm the only robot, here are some movies that should resonate with real robots:
Taxi Driver
Lars and the Real Girl
All About Lily Chou Chou
Raging Bull
The Deer Hunter
When Marnie Was There
The Elephant Man

Just a few I had on my head.
>>
>>28106395
Taxi driver, newfriend :^)
>>
File: robotcore.jpg (2 MB, 2400x2141) Image search: [Google]
robotcore.jpg
2 MB, 2400x2141
robotcor required watching
>>
I don't know why you retards keep saying Taxi Driver is a robot's movie. The guy is literally chad with issues.
>>
>>28106423
dont forget adaptation. watch this one minute intro if you dont believe me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLLihqJ22Vo
>>
is there any movies about akward neets?
>>
>>28105151

Robots can't be ugly. You're thinking of incel redditor.
>>
>>28106552
i feel like there is, but i havnt seen or remember that ive seen any.
>>
>>28106395
drive prequel only god forgives
>>
>>28106475

He has literally no Chad traits. He is the definition of a robot.
>>
>>28106423
>Lars and the Real Girl
s-stop, you're in too deep
>>
>>28106611
i guess robots cant have any reading comprehension either
>>
>>28106652
good movie I wish I had money for a qt wife doll
>>
>>28106737

Robots tend to be above average in reading comprehension, most grow up with their nose up books' assholes.
>>
good robot movie
>>
>>28106833
dude murder lmao
>>
File: ihaveashotgundon'tfukwithme.png (650 KB, 792x658) Image search: [Google]
ihaveashotgundon'tfukwithme.png
650 KB, 792x658
Falling Down
>a common, pissed off, working man becomes aware of how unfair and shitty the world is
>can't tolerate anymore bullshit and says fuck it
>takes a fucking stand against it
>just wants to go home to his family
>given a chance to change the world just a bit along the way
>does so
>near the end he completely breaks down
>gets gunned down because his sanity.exe has stopped working
>>
>>28106805
yeah but that guy didnt get the other guy's post... is what i meant.

i think you're wrong on that one lol
>>
>>28106833
>ryan reynolds
>>
File: HenryFool2.jpg (367 KB, 2500x1599) Image search: [Google]
HenryFool2.jpg
367 KB, 2500x1599
>>28105078

Henry Fool by Hal Hartley.
>>
>>28106482

Adaptation is a really fantastic movie that goes largely unrecognized as such, which is fine by me
>>
File: Ryan-Gosling-in-Drive.jpg (47 KB, 570x315) Image search: [Google]
Ryan-Gosling-in-Drive.jpg
47 KB, 570x315
>Drive is 5 years old
>Nobody Driveposts anymore
>In another 5 years, it will most likely be forgotten to this board

Will there ever be anything that encapsulates the robot mindset so completely?

Especially if you consider that maybe a lot of it was in his head?

Like the scene where Irene's car breaks down and he just happens to be the guy who can fix it? Hasn't everyone here kind of pictured that perfect scenario occurring, like "Yeah, I'm an awkward guy but if I could just show her that I can help her when she needs it, she'll be won over."

Or maybe he's in the elevator with Irene, and he sees the guy with the gun and them kisses her and stomps the hitman's head in? Maybe the guy never was a threat, maybe the driver just imagined he could have been, and then imagined how he could "totally stomped that guy's head in." And then he really kissed Irene, which freaked her out because there was never any context for it.

He's probably just a mechanic/stunt driver who likes to go out for night drives and imagines himself being a total badass if/when the moment occurs that he needs to be, and who pictures ways he could subtly come on to Irene without being too straightforward because he's afraid of rejection.
>>
>>28107456

To add on to this, maybe he figured the pawnshop robbery was his opportunity to put his real/imagined skills to use, and it all came undone.
>>
>>28105078
le feu follet has a cyborg character, that's as far as I know and can relate with. I haven't watched the first two movies mentioned, so I don't know if they're actual robots, cyborgs, or failed normies.
>>
>>28106311
Rush, rush, give me ye-yo
>>
>>28107456
>implying drive isn't automatically in every robots movie list, without even needing to be said
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9PzSNy3xj0
>>
bump, movies are about the only thing I still enjoy, so don't let this thread die, at least not yet
>>
File: a-boy-and-his-dog-1975.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
a-boy-and-his-dog-1975.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
>failed normie becomes desperate to get laid
>chases a Qt into a society that is out to destroy him
>leaves and must make choice to either get laid or help out his only friend
>he makes the choice all Chads would tell you was "the wrong one"

Criminally underrated film
>>
File: demon pepe.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
demon pepe.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
>>28108889
>a boy and his dog
>mfw at the end of the movie the roastie literally gets toastied
fucking dark, but funny at the end, but over all, great movie, one of the best friendship in movies I've seen so far
>>
File: peepingtom.jpg (13 KB, 220x306) Image search: [Google]
peepingtom.jpg
13 KB, 220x306
The guy in Peeping Tom seems a bit like a robot, although significantly more fucked up
>>
>>28106552
Withnail and I
>>
>>28104660
>best movie of all time?
I wouldn't say it is the best movie of ALL time, but it is definitely a strong contender. Taxi Driver is an absolutely fantastic movie.
>>
>>28106460
Man on the Moon would be my absolute favorite movie of all time, mostly because of what a grand man and a grand life the man himself lived.

Like I said here though
>>28109057
Taxi Driver is one of the absolute best anyway.
>>
>>28107456
Drive is one of my favorite movies, but I have a hard time seeing the main character as a robot. When I watch the film, I don't think, "Man, it must suck to be him." Instead, I spend the entire movie wishing I could be him and dwelling on how much life sucks because of the fact that I'm *not* him.

He's a 10/10 in terms of facial aesthetics, muscle, height, etc., he has a cool/manly skill like driving/fixing cars, and is a badass knows how to kill people. He makes being all quiet and awkward look cool because he's gorgeous and cool to begin with. It's like when girls say they like guys who wear glasses, but what they really mean is they like models who wear glasses.

Seems to me like he's as Chad as they come. It would be a robot movie if they had cast some fat guy with pimples as the main character, and made it clear that all the situations you described were indeed daydreams.
>>
File: files.php.jpg (10 KB, 340x187) Image search: [Google]
files.php.jpg
10 KB, 340x187
>robot movies thread
>no the band's visit
>>
A Bittersweet Life
>>
>>28106423
You forgot Punch Drunk Love.
>>
>>28106423
>The Elephant Man
I disagree about this one
Loved it but he had a rare condition and those garner much needed sympathy, we are just bottom of the barrel losers, so pathetic we are looked down upon but not extraordinarily different enough to be pitied.
>>
>>28109110
Pretty much this

>attractive to the point that girls are interested in him
>experienced in the world of crime
>high tier driving skills (actually had an opportunity to become a pro racer)
>has a manager that really likes him

Hardly a robot
Travis is much closer, he experiences the feeling of being at the bottom of society
>>
>>28108193
Great film, very robotcore.
>>
>>28106475
>>28106643
He's a walking contradiction because he has both robot and chad traits
>>
>>28109380
Guy you replied to here. Travis is closer, but he's still fucking Robert De Niro. He still has amazing looks + fitness, and I would argue that he also has a cool job. He drives a taxi at night and sees all kinds of grimy shit.

Yet again, it's just a romanticized version of the "mysterious loner" archetype. Again, it would be a robot movie if Travis were some ugly poo-in-loo Indian taxi driver, which is also more realistic.
>>
>>28109563
He's not very attractive in Taxi Driver though... Nor does he look very fit, just grossly skinny.

I don't think taxi drivers pull a lot of gfs when they mention their job, at least not back when NYC was real NYC.
>>
>>28109623
>He's not very attractive in Taxi Driver though
Speak for yourself tbf
>>
>>28109623

>>28109690
This. As a straight man, I think he's very attractive facially. As for his body, he's got that Bruce Lee aesthetic, and I like it. I'd much rather be a little too skinny than be the chubby blob that I am.

He could make driving a taxi sound cool if he downplayed it. "It's only part time," etc.
>>
Listen you fuckers, you screwheads. Here's a man who wouldn't take it anymore
>>
>the feel when normies obsess over things that are actually good to the point that they stop being as good
>>
>>28104660
What about rainman? Guy a is a legit autist
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.