[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your embarrassing comedy failures >At lab meeting >Everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1456423998125.jpg (210 KB, 1278x2170) Image search: [Google]
1456423998125.jpg
210 KB, 1278x2170
Post your embarrassing comedy failures

>At lab meeting
>Everything is wrapping up
>Boss: oh, one final thing, it turns out that our milliQmachine not working was due to a faulty O-ring, so I ordered a new one
>Me: oh good, didn't the Challenger blow up because of a faulty O-ring? Good thing the milliQMachine didn't blow up and kill all of us, aheheh!
>*dead silence*
>co-worker: That isn't funny anon, all those scientists died!
>feel like shit rest of day
>>
>>28100833

Ehh, I wouldn't necessarily call that a comedy failure, you just chose the wrong crowd to say it to

Its a little cheesy, but I would have given you a chuckle maybe
>>
>>28100833
Not bad. blblbl
>>
I get it, "O" like "Orgasm"
>>
>>28100833
I would've audibly chuckled for you pal. It's not your fault you work with a set of soft cunts.
>>
>>28101131

To be fair, like half my co-workers are foreigners who might have not gotten the reference.
>>
>company has a "safety day" every year
>you're required to attend at least two different classes
>one of the classes is about "unsafe sleep habits"
>decided to go to it thinking it would be short and less boring
>noticed it was about to start so I rushed there
>I manage to get there just in time but the only seats available are in the very front of the room
>don't think much of it and go sit in the front
>speaker is a woman and she's using lots of props to talk about how we should go to bed earlier, have a peaceful environemt in our room that is conducive to sleep, etc
>speaker starts talking about sleeping posture
>she asks me to come lay on this platform she has set up
>I go up and lay on the platform and she starts talking about how the pillow can really affect your neck, etc.
>I'm laying there for like a good 5 minutes as she goes on
>during this time, I've closed my eyes for the sake of realism and I'm thinking "holy shit how long am I going to have to lay here in front of all these people"
>speaker woman finally finishes and says "Thank you, you can return to your seat."
>I don't move
>I remain perfectly still with my eyes still closed
>the room is dead silent
>I then make a loud snoring sound without moving or opening my eyes
>my boss in the back row is literally the only person that laughs
>I immediately get up and walk back to my seat when I realized my joke had failed
>everyone gave me a weird look as I walked back to my seat
>boss later told me he had to leave the room because he was laughing so hard that I would do that and that nobody laughed

I still think it's funny
>>
>>28101607
Fuck those normies. It was funny. These are normies. If you were Chad or stacy they would be hooting and slamming palms on the desk.
>>
>>28101607
i chuckled anon. they were probably just trying to look professional. salarycucks always take workshops too seriously
>>
>my lab was asked to fabricate a special laser with a power source for a lab next door
>it wasn't anything too special but I was asked to present about it at the next meeting
>meeting was with my lab and the lab next door, all of whom seemed like pretty cool people
>in the meeting I'm talking about it and I realize that nobody had named it
>all the slides said were "Pulse initiating generator - laser emitting tube"
>so as I'm presenting I say " Wait, is there a name for this thing or are we just calling it PIGLET?" thinking that people would chuckle
>dead silent
>I'm about to continue realizing the joke fell flat when some guy from the other lab speaks up
>"No, we're calling it 'pulse initiating generator - laser emitting tube."
>everyone from my lab looks really uncomfortable
>meeting ends and everyone informs me that the guy I offended is really high up in the company and is considered one of the top researchers in their department
>he's also the brains behind the laser concept and I just made fun of his brain child

Everyone calls me Piglet now to fuck with me
>>
>>28100833
My problem with that isn't that some scientists died, it's that it's just not funny.
>>
All of high school

Just kill me senpai-i-lam
>>
>>28101607

Your boss is the only one that actually has brains, the rest of your coworkers are just mindless social media freaks
>>
Not me. I got to witness autism from an outside perspective for the first time in a pretty long time.
>professor taking roll in first weeks of class to get to know everyone
>anon? - here
>anonette? - here
>anon - "pree zent" (like key and peele)
Dead silence. Not even a cricket. What seems like hours go by.
>"No one? Nobody got- ahhh never mind... I thought.... nobody? ahhhh"
>.....
>.....
>Anon - here.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.