[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
okay faggots, gather round, i want to discuss something with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 123234345435612.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
123234345435612.jpg
352 KB, 1920x1080
okay faggots, gather round, i want to discuss something with you : online relationships.

What are the chances, in your own oppinion, of online relationships working out? is it possible for two people that meet online to actually build a meaningful relationship that will carry on into real life? did it happen to any of you guys? I've had this question on my mind for a while, and i think this is probably one of the places where people have firsthand experience. I don't want to turn this into my personal blog, but i'd also like to share my experience on the matter, if enough people are curious about it.
>>
File: 1455562087802.jpg (72 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1455562087802.jpg
72 KB, 640x1136
they are a myth
>>
>is it possible for two people that meet online to actually build a meaningful relationship

sure

>that will carry on into real life?

Probably not
>>
>>28099690
Usually, no. I have heard of it happening before. Online dating is better for that thing
>>
>>28099690
>4 years ago
>on omegle, fucking around
>start talking with some person
>grill from sweden apparently
>yeahright.jpeg
>skypes get exchanged at the end of a several hour conversation
>she is actually a girl, qt one at that
>cheery,bright, optimistic
>somehow she likes me
>year passes
>now she loves me
>im affraid of commiting
>another year passes, we have a pseudo-relationship thing going on
>3 years of daily skype conversations,back and forth arguments, crazy feels rollercoaster
>suddenly, a visit
>everything went better than expected
>today,we live together
>we were from different countries

Yes, OP, it is possible. I don't know about the odds of it working for you though. Personally, i am still amazed at how these fucking things turn out. What were the chances of us meeting? Let alone speak? And like each other? And everything to somehow work out against every fucking thing going against it? On Omegle, of all the fucking places!
>>
>>28100405
keep dreaming. shit like this happens only in movies and books
>>
>>28100405
what country was she from?
>>
>>28100529
from sweden. i'm from romania. funny how swedes always get cucked somehow.
>>
File: 8dc.jpg (9 KB, 200x187) Image search: [Google]
8dc.jpg
9 KB, 200x187
>mfw you faggots need gf
>>
>>28100405
>>28100552
Anon it's because we're not shallow. Adopt our culture plz.

There's no sense in pretending that interactions online aren't meaningful. It's as retarded as claiming arguing online doesn't matter. It only doesn't matter when you argue with bigots. And, especially if you're a politically motivated individual, you want to suppress this behavior. But for dating there's no sense in thinking like that that's why people think it doesn't work I don't see why it wouldn't.

I have trouble thinking I personally could establish a connection like that over the internet but I'm not every person.
>>
>online
>relationship

Pick one.
>>
Am I pathetic if I hope for something like this >>28100405 to happen to me?
I actually know the answer of this but I can't help thinking that I might find the love of my life even here on 4chan.
>>
>>28101313
in all honesty, you are not pathetic anon. its called being human, to want more, to want better. we don't always get what we want, but hoping for something to happen, is not pathetic. our story was even more complex, but i didnt want to bore you people. i have visited her family there, their family has visited me and my family here. pretty fucking crazy, how something as big as this, started from a fucking Omegle conversation.
>>
>>28101313
>>28102147
I had a similar thing happen with me on Omegle, however it didn't work out in the end after several years. The distance between us was too great, but I 100% believe online relationships can work out. And you can find them in really unlikely places.
>>
>>28101313
>>28102199
so don't lose hope anon.
>>
I've seen a few very rare occasions where online relationships work.

Like two or three out of every ten thousand.

As someone who was a semi-normie in high school who had 1 1/2 in high school I can honestly say I had a stronger bond with an online gf I had playing WoW with when I was like 15.
>>
online relationships do not exist
you either meet in a reasonable time and decide if you want a long distance one or you dont have any
some of those work out, with very low percentages
>>
File: 1251251312125126775.png (76 KB, 500x825) Image search: [Google]
1251251312125126775.png
76 KB, 500x825
>>28099690
>online relationships
LDR is still relationship with a 3DPD, the chances of her lying to you and cheating on you are multiplied by the distance.
Read pic related. If you want relationship, go for 2D. Create a tulpa, it's better than LDR with 3DPD.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.