[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When does one finally escape the implications of the Dunning-Kruger-Effect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1460660117736.png (254 KB, 484x471) Image search: [Google]
1460660117736.png
254 KB, 484x471
When does one finally escape the implications of the Dunning-Kruger-Effect? When can I finally and righteously know that I am smarter than average? I soon finish my degree in EE, am I above average yet?
>>
>>28096431
Protip: it's not immediately upon graduation.

Give it ten years, also calm the fuck down. It doesn't matter how smart you are in relation to anyone else. You're better off once you dismount your high horse, anon.
>>
>>28096431
You don't escape.

The only thing you know is that you know very little.

>>28096519
Also what this guy said, being smart doesn't make you a better person.
>>
>>28096431
>When does one finally escape the implications of the Dunning-Kruger-Effect? When can I finally and righteously know that I am smarter than average?
when you stop being a retarded fat americunt and step off the goddamn hamster wheel
dunning-kruger is a uniquely american mental dysfunction
6 billion people across the world manage to not be affected by dunning-kruger at all, or manifest it in markedly muted ways
it really isn't hard to avoid if you have a fucking brain
>>
>>28096945
as much as I like to call fat americunts fat americunts I just read the definition of the Dunning-Kruger-Effect and it applies to me
I thought I was a bretty good programmer but I never did web stuff before, and I joined a web team. Fair to say, 6 months has passed and I only know a fraction of the things that can be done in my framework of choice. And my initial estimate was that I'll be a know-it-all in less than a month.
>>
>>28096431
You are just a student.
You are only going to know when you look back and reflect 10 years down the line.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.