[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I stop being socially awkward? I want to be myself,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1361756118641.png (333 KB, 637x599) Image search: [Google]
1361756118641.png
333 KB, 637x599
How can I stop being socially awkward?

I want to be myself, but I can't. It's like I'm trapped in my mind.
I need to escape this hell.
>>
If you have to ask, you're too far gone.

This shit comes naturally for 99% of the population, believe it or not.
>>
File: derp_yugi.png (486 KB, 850x474) Image search: [Google]
derp_yugi.png
486 KB, 850x474
>>28095130
>This shit comes naturally for 99% of the population, .

Thanks for the revelation
>>
stop fighting the autism and embrace it.
be "the autistic guy" instead of the weird guy who tries too hard to be normal.
People generally tend to accept autism when it's clearly visible. When you try to hide it people just think you're an asshole or a fuckin creep or something.
Make autism your thing.
>>
>>28095160
But I don't want to be the autistic guy
>>
>>28095182
yeah. but that's the guy you are.
you got to play the hand your dealt.
>>
File: 1438893711997.jpg (58 KB, 618x522) Image search: [Google]
1438893711997.jpg
58 KB, 618x522
>>28095107
> How can I stop being socially awkward?
honestly its pretty easy but most people don't want to put in the effort, you just need to go back in time and change who your parents are. now you'll be born with new genetics, new brain, the works - all from this simple trick

good luck anon
>>
Fucking. Trial. And. Error.
You say a thing and something bad happen => don't say that in the future
You say a thing and something neutral/good happens => safe to use in the future

It's like training 3 year olds.
>>
>>28095311
except this isn't a videogame with 4 dialogue options
>>
>>28095311
Real life isn't that simple.

Saying the wrong thing once can lead to a lifetime of ostracism and alienation, especially in today's world where everything is connected and instant-communication happens from anywhere in the world.
>>
>>28095577
yeah but realistically no it wont ever lead to that unless you are the president or a ceo. and even then it's 3 weeks of media outrage and decades of no one remembering.
>>
>>28095604
I am talking about personal/work, not public life.

You say 1 thing wrong at work and it WILL lead to termination. Trust me, I've seen other autists get terminated over shit like that.

I use to work in HR at a big insurance agency and you'd be surprised how many autists/aspergers would lose their job because of shit they said, 99% of the time they dont even remember it or feel like it was bad.
>>
>>28095577
But what are you going to say that's that bad? In a single social setting you think you'll say something that's bad enough for a lifetime of alienation?

It's trial and error my guy. Say what you think sounds good.
>>
>>28095689
You will be ostracized and alienated at specific parts, job, social setting. You will constantly need find new jobs and new people to be around that don't know your autism.
>>
File: buttholesurfers.jpg (37 KB, 481x391) Image search: [Google]
buttholesurfers.jpg
37 KB, 481x391
>>28095713
Then I have no idea what kind of things you plan on saying. Can you give me an example of something you're worried about saying that'd end with such dire consequences?
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-06+at+04.46.38).jpg (30 KB, 217x299) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-06+at+04.46.38).jpg
30 KB, 217x299
Drink. Drink a lot. Then drink some more. When you blackout you've gone too far.
>>
>>28095107
Just be yourself bro. Just go talk to her, man.
>>
>>28095107
Just stop caring
in[oae
>>
>>28095107
>I want to be myself, but I can't. It's like I'm trapped in my mind.

No, you need to first stop giving a shit. That is what is actually meant when people say "just b urself". Being yourself = not giving a shit if other people might find you awkward and weird. Not to mention that it is precisely that constant tensity that makes you appear like that in the first place. People who aren't Beeing themselves have a completely distorted view of what other people deem "acceptanble" or "within the bounds". You need to realize that by not giving a shit any longer.
>>
>>28096247
i do this now, i be myself.

and people begin to get CLEARLY uncomfortable

I need to figure out a way how to continue being myself even after ive noticed them become uncomfortable

does that make any sense?
>>
Do you have acquaintances or other humans you can be around that don't hate you?

Find someone you can be an awkward human around and just practice interacting with other humans.
That's what I did after I didn't talk to humans for like 8 months straight and needed to practice before I talked to anyone that would care about my weirdness.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.